my weird ramblings

thanks jo

am off to bed now, i feel like a space cadet tonight

its an interesting buzz and i didnt even have to get high to get it, yay

Aw, I really feel for you... I've got impacted wisdom teeth too, and have been told that I'll need them taken out at the dental hospital under a general.

If you're looking for an NHS dentist in the area then my dentist was taking on a couple of months ago, so he might be worth a call. His name is Jason Field at the Brinsworth Lane Dental Practice (01709 830373).

Hope you get it sorted soon x

well the sleep didnt last long, was back up and in pain half an hour later, it sucks

myst be holding myself funny as ive now got pain in my left sholder and arm

Hmmmm...could it be that your pain is not tooth related? Some of what you describe sounds like nerve pain (almost shingles like) to me. Maybe you need to actually see the doc and some nerve blockers could help?

pease dont be shingles, only just got my daughter over chicken pox

the pain running down my neck reminds me of when i had neuralgia but the top teeth do feel more sensitive when i brush right at the back

am shatterred today, got 3 hours of sleep insted of my usual 10 hours+

My teeth were impacted too, I was sick & tired of constant infections so I went pestering dental (I work in a hospital) & they got me in quick :) Just get them out, it will be so much better in the long run, trust me!

I hope you feel better soon hon <3

im alrightish at the moment, awful taste in my mouth thou

and my bottom lip has split, no idea how or why. im falling apart, lol

yay, a nice long sleep last night, wonderful

just low level pain in my ear and neck today so will be getting back on the straight and narrow ( had to eat a little, was feeling too ill otherwise )

nope pains back up to silly levels again, dont know what to do

:( :( :(

I'm so sorry you're suffering Claire. That's pants.

I think you need to see someone, be it dentist or doctor to try and figure out what's going on. If it was Kaya, you'd be jumping up and down to get an appointment, right? So why aren't you demanding the same for yourself, hunni? You are worth the trouble, you know x x Does your local GP surgery do a Saturday morning session?

What are you taking for the pain? Solpadeine Max is good but might leave you feeling Space Cadetty - so might help you get some sleep.

You know that you can take paracetamol and ibuprofen together, don't you? As in 2 paracetamol tablets and 2 ibuprofen. They work in different ways, so you wouldn't be overdosing so long as you don't have (in total) more than 4 lots of paracetamol over the course of 24 hours and don't have more than 3 lots of normal strength ibuprofen over the course of 24 hours.

Is it worth trying http://www.sheffield.nhs.uk/services/dentists.php or have you tried them already?

There's also the NHS walk-in centre in Sheffield: http://www.sheffield.nhs.uk/walk-in/

Hope you get something sorted soon x x

Last edited:
hey lily, im currently taking paracetamol, codiene and ibuprophen, sadly not working

cant have solpadine, i dont react well to it, just makes me vomit continuously

problem is gp says its a dental problem, dentist says its a medical problem so they both tell me to keep taking pain meds and go see the other one
am trying to get registered with a nhs dentist to get a normal check up and see if they can spot something

well at 10pm i couldnt take it anymore and called the emergancy dentist folks. they went thru thier checklist and decided i needed an ambulance which i declined as i need a dentist not a hospital. they told me someone would call me back in the next 20 minutes..... i called back at 11pm, they said they would get someone to call, i called at midnight, they were suddenly busy, someone will call back, 1.30am i called, again there busy someone will call back and now its 2.40am and still no frigger has called me, so much for they have to call in 20 minutes due to symptoms

do you think i could just pull a few teeth on my own?

:( Oh Claire... :hug99:

Really really hoping that someone called back and you've got something sorted, hunni.

hey lilly, thanks, they finally called back at 4am, seems the call centre is based in america and something had gone wrong in them contacting someone in my area for help

got into see a dentist this morning, its my wisdom tooth, its infected and the infection he said appears to have travelled right down to my jaw which is why the pains been in my ear and down my neck. it needs to come out but they cant while the infections there so am on amoxicillin and metronitazole at the strongest dose he could give me
as for pain he couldnt prescribe anything stronger, told me if when i had phoned tuesday if they had given me an appointment i would have been seen at the dental hospital where they could have prescribed anything up to morphine for the pain, lol

so am on these for 5 days then will have to be refferred for it to be extracted

:eek:

So glad you finally managed to see someone - what an ordeal...

Here's hoping the antibiotics kick in really quickly so you're not in as much pain.

Hugs

he said it would take about 24 hours for the antibiotics to take effect, also told me i cant ss while im on em either, so thats this weeks weightloss up the swanny

Never mind. Some things - like your health - are more important. And it's pretty rough on your tummy to take painkillers with shakes anyway. Doesn't mean you have to make bad choices foodwise, does it? I can't imagine you feel much like eating anyway, chick, so you probably won't do much damage at all. :hug99:

nah cant say i feel ike eating, cant chew anyway ( i tried ) so brekkie is wheatabix mushed into milk, lunch is some soup followed by yogurt and tea is same as lunch, lol

still alive

Back