My WeMITTs

i must say that they can keep their wolf whistles though. Regardless of how much weight I lose, I'd rather snog a farm animal than go anywhere near someone like that :9529:

LOL love that! I feel the same too about blokes who do that. And WTG on your loss Allie, you are doing brilliantly!

do you know i think if a man cannot be nice he can sit on my middle finger and swizzle on it saying that that goes for all the nasty folk ;)

How are you getting on today, Allie?

Awww, I'm fine thanks Susie, how are you?

I've had a better week. Although diet-wise I spent the day with a long-lost friend on Monday and ended up eating lots of naughty stuff. I'm subsequently dreading weigh-day tomorrow, lol!

i haven't been dwelling on things. I've actually got a job interview in a weeks time so I'm throwing all of my energy into preparing for it.

Thank you for asking. Are you having a good week?xxx

Oooh good luck for the interview - all fingers and toes crossed here for you :)

I'm having a great week, thanks hun. Did WI this morning and lost 6lbs so I'm chuffed, especially as I had wine a couple of times during the week! :)

Oooh good luck for the interview - all fingers and toes crossed here for you :)

I'm having a great week, thanks hun. Did WI this morning and lost 6lbs so I'm chuffed, especially as I had wine a couple of times during the week! :)

OMG that's an amazing loss, well done you!! :worthy:
I've managed 3.5 lbs, which I didn't think was bad considering Monday's mis-hap with a sticky-toffee pudding!

good luck for this week xxxxx

Woohoo well done you! That's a great loss :) And lol on the mishap - I was the same with a supermarket pizza last night. Silly really, I went to the pub for a farewell party, drank wine, didn't eat dinner then was ravenous when I got home :eek:

PEOPLE CAN BE SO CRUEL!

I decided to go for a brisk walk yesterday to see how my knee handle it.

I had walked about a mile and came to a main road so crossed at some traffic lights. A transit van with3 men in it stopped - one leaned out of the window and called to me. When I turned around he basically made some horrible comments about my appearance.

At my age I shouldn't care, but I'm afraid as much as I know that I shouldn't care I do! When a complete stranger feels the need to wind down their window and tell you what a vile looking thing you are (and makes comments that you already thought about yourself) you can't help feeling horrendous. I was like a school kid, because I cried all the way home. No more walks in public for me! It honestly makes me not want to leave the house.

On the plus side I had lost 4.5 lbs when I weighed myself this morning. This is really good and I'm pleased. It's just unfortunate that a sad w?!*!?r in a van has zapped the little confidence I had gained back.

Oh well, I guess we cannot change the world we have to live in......

I'm loosing weight for ME. But if I shift some of this weight then at least I'll feel more confident and be subsequently more capable of rising above the negativity of others.

Oh love, I feel your pain. 2 weeks ago I was in a local shop where I was simply minding my own business and getting what I wanted.

2 20 something men came in and walked past me and one must have said something and the other said something along the lines of 'oh don't, you'll upset the beautiful lady!' in a playful teasing tone. They were already past me, I was minding my own business and pondering over the shelves and they seemed to know the shopkeeper man at the back of the shop so I thought they were talking to the girl behind the till.
They continued making comments and 'oh, look at that wide load!' and stuff getting even louder and louder and nastier - of course I realised then :confused: :mad: I wish I'd said something, but often that just makes it all worse doesn't it. The embarrassment I felt when paying for my things with this woman who'd clearly heard it all made it even worse. Luckily the shop was just round the corner and I could get in and hide but I totally agree about what you said, it really sticks with you doesn't it :(

Let's use it as motivation and not let the *******s win!

Oh love, I feel your pain. 2 weeks ago I was in a local shop where I was simply minding my own business and getting what I wanted. 2 20 something men came in and walked past me and one must have said something and the other said something along the lines of 'oh don't, you'll upset the beautiful lady!' in a playful teasing tone. They were already past me, I was minding my own business and pondering over the shelves and they seemed to know the shopkeeper man at the back of the shop so I thought they were talking to the girl behind the till. They continued making comments and 'oh, look at that wide load!' and stuff getting even louder and louder and nastier - of course I realised then :confused: :mad: I wish I'd said something, but often that just makes it all worse doesn't it. The embarrassment I felt when paying for my things with this woman who'd clearly heard it all made it even worse. Luckily the shop was just round the corner and I could get in and hide but I totally agree about what you said, it really sticks with you doesn't it :( Let's use it as motivation and not let the *******s win!

Oh I'm sorry to hear that chuck. It sounds even worse than what happened to me! At least there was no-one else overhearing. The woman in the shop probably really felt for you, but people just avoid getting involved.

But where do these scumbags get off?? Who the hell do they think they are??! When those men did that to me I seriously wished a slow and painful death on them!! Perhaps a slightly disproportionate punishment; but that's how it made me feel!

I don't think losing weight stops these cruel comments. I told my friend about the men in the van recently. My friend is slim and beautiful, so I was shocked when she told me someone had recently shouted a racist comment (she's Asian) at her on the street then taken the p?ss out of her ears!!! I was gobsmacked when she told me this, as I couldn't believe someone could look at her and pick any kind of fault!

I don't think I realised that racism is still so blatant in this country! After all, I would not have racist comments directed at me in England. But then I'm not an ethnic minority. I'm taller and fatter than average! And if I lose weight there will be something else about me I'm sure that these sad people will point out to make me feel cr*p.

At least we can be safe in the knowledge that not everyone is the same, and that most of us are decent human beings. I hope you're okay xxxx

Some people are truly horrible, they really are. It must make them feel better about themselves if they can upset people. Those people aren't anyone that we need to bother our heads with :) (though we do :() As they say, noone makes you feel inferior without you letting them. Hope you and your friend are okay :)

(and eh, they were the ones buying stupidly cheap unbranded lager early in the morning. Guess they're the ones who we should feel sorry for!)

ETA: I agree about the racism. It's even in my own family as my brothers wife is Indian (her parents are, she was born here). She's a GP, her little sis has just passed her exams and is waiting for her GP rotation, her father was a geriatric consultant and her mother also a GP but the abuse is around. It's sickening. My mum's father (who is not a nice man in the first place and never has been) has been so rude about her - we tell him not to everytime but I really don't know what goes on in peoples heads. :sigh:

I suppose we could be a size 6 blonde with big boobs, blue eyes and be absolutely gorgeous... and we'd still get nasty comments about our boobs or how we looked or because we hadn't realised someone was trying to crack on us. You can't win ;)

The only reason loosing weight will help us with such comments is that if we feel better about ourselves then we will be less inclined to let the lower life-forms of society get to us! Don't let the b?stards get you! x

hi allie #

could not ave said it better myself x x x x

Back