My whole attitude to food has changed!

Jade25

Before starting dukan I was a bit of a food addict. I'd always have seconds, eat til I was fit to burst and always be thinking about the next meal. I'd start diets, have a slip up and think'oh well I'll start again tomorrow' then take the opportunity to eat as much as I could before starting the diet again, so much so that I'd end up putting ON weight! That's why I was drawn to dukan because of the eat as much as u like rule but o can honestly say I'm eating less now than I ever have. It's so childish but it seems to me that the attraction of junk food was that i shouldn't have it - now I know I can eat when I like I'm realizing that I'm just not that hungry! I'm eating only meals an no snacks and sticking to sensible portions. I can't believe how quickly this happened after struggling with food for so long. I've hardly even been tempted to break the diet when normally I'll have broken it a couple of hours in! I even managed a birthday party last night an stuck to an omelette while every one else had curry, no cake and no alcohol- this is a first for me!!!

Anyway I just wanted to share that, hopefully it may motivate people who are just starting out cos if this can happen to me in 2 weeks there is hope for everyone!

Anyone else had experience like this?

yes I did. I went an incredible times to restaurant this summer, and had no more than a bite of food and lots of water. I watch people eat all the time without even a trace of envy. I personally just think my level of protein wasn't high enough before and that I was intoxicated by carbs. Ducan never appealled to me because of the high level of meat in it. So I couldn't try it. But CD has done the trick and I'm happy it helped me understand my needs better. Now the trick will be to find my proteins in vegetarian possibilities ;) good luck on your journey

same here..
In the beginning I went to the fridge looking for something, now I don't even do that...
I've been eating much healthier than I ever did.. Last couple of years I've been on cheese sandwich, pizza and pasta most of the time, now I am enjoying my food much more.. :)
Also, having salmon a couple of times a week made my skin look healthier which is an added bonus I am happy about.
Eating out less, which helps me economically too..
PV days are great, struggling a bit with PP days nowadays as I can't find anything I want to eat from time to time, but overall I never thought it would be this easy to lose weight, I wouldn't carry around this weight for all those years, such a waste!

It changed the way I view food too. Before it was very much snacky and cooking delicious food I couldn't get enough of but having to resistrict myself to not gain weight and feeling very unhappy about it. Now I see food as a way of being healthy and I am certainly far more aware of what I am putting in my body and getting more protein as I feel much better having higher amounts of it. Before I was definately a carb junky and I have found that I still revert back to my carbs now that I have finished the diet but I am aware of it and ensure that I stop and add protein.

One thing I did find funny, though, was watching cookery shows and actually being disgusted by the amount of oil or butter they were putting in food. Apparently I was pulling a face and my husband knew I was thinking it wasn't Dukan!

I've recently realised that I used to eat just because I was bored fairly often. I started putting on weight during my second year at university and during exam time I'd sit around studying all day and eat packets of sweets and crisps (justifying it to myself by telling myself it stopped me feeling tired). I'd have food since it would allow me a beak from studying. Since being on Dukan I've realised that I often eat right before I go to bed even though I'm not hungry. I've only been on the diet for about a week but its already changing the way i eat food (for the better! :) )

I've recently realised that I used to eat just because I was bored fairly often. I started putting on weight during my second year at university and during exam time I'd sit around studying all day and eat packets of sweets and crisps (justifying it to myself by telling myself it stopped me feeling tired). I'd have food since it would allow me a beak from studying. Since being on Dukan I've realised that I often eat right before I go to bed even though I'm not hungry. I've only been on the diet for about a week but its already changing the way i eat food (for the better! :) )

Yep, I understand what you mean.

You kind of go onto auto pilot, have one biscuit and then just carry on eating a few (lot) more without them touching the sides! You don't really taste them either, then you look at the packet and see how many you have eaten and think 'Sh*t!'

:D

Back