My WW Diary - Back Again

These sounded lovely so thought i'd share!

Here's a yakitori recipe that's only 1 point for each kebab!

Weight Watchers Chicken Yakitori Kebabs recipe
Makes 30 kebabs

Ingredients
500 g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 cm cubes
4 large Spring onions, cut across into 30 pieces
1 large green capsicum, seeded and cut into 30 small cubes

For the marinade
3 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 teaspoons clear honey
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons sake or dry sherry

Preparation
1. Place the soy sauce, sake or sherry, garlic, honey, sesame oil and ginger in a shallow dish and stir together to mix.
2. Add the chicken pieces and spoon the marinade over them. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
3. Preheat the barbecue flat plate. Soak 30 small bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes (to prevent them from burning on the barbecue).
4. Thread about 2 pieces of chicken onto the skewers, alternating with one piece of spring onion and one of capsicum, threaded widthways.
5. Grill the kebabs for about 10-15 minutes (or until cooked through), turning from time to time and brushing with the marinade.

WW POINTS for one kebab: 1
Nutritional information for one kebab: 29 calories, 0.7g fat, 0.2g fiber

Things going ok

I wouldn't really say things are going that badly but I seem to have the trouble of sticking to my points this week, I haven't went way over just a 2 or 3 every day. I am enjoying doing WW, I just feel a bit less motivated and I am not sure why. Benn a little down this week too. Things are going so well. My son who's got auditory neuropathy is coming on in leaps and bounds and I have been getting on really well with Hubby, I just don't know whats wrong. I am usually such a happy person too.

Vicki Nicholls <xxvicki21xx> - I am not sure if anyone else is on Bebo, thought I would just put my page down incase anyone was

Ive added you to Bebo ;)

Today has been much better than the last couple of days, I ate only my 23points and earned 2 activity points to take off my complete over spend from saturday, still have -9 to get back though, Had the longest bath tonight. Really relaxed now. Pretty hungry and no points so going to head for an early night! xx

Well last night was my hubby's birthday meal, went to a Chinese buffet. It was yummy but I totally went over my points. Woops. Weigh in is in the morning and its not going to be a good one at all, I have went at least 40 points over this week. I weighed myself on my own scales today just to get an idea and it was 15.3, so 3 and a half on. I am guessing that it will definitely be a gain tomorrow. Hopefully it wont be too huge a one tho, Gonna work extra hard this week. I got reductil from the doctor a couple of months ago but came off while we were trying for a baby, were not trying anymore due to medical reason so was thinking about taking them again along with doing weight watchers but I'm not too sure how that works. x

hey hun,
don't worry about the chinese just draw a line under there's nothing you can do now!!
everybody has days like that you've still gotta have a life!! good luck this week xxx

Hi hun

Glad you enjoyed your chinese buffet! I went to an Indian buffet a few weeks ago and it was faaaaab!

Hope weigh in goes ok!

xx

Well I gained 1.5lbs this week, to be honest thought I am still pretty ok with that. I didn't count points much this week at all and I had a couple meals out and chocolate last saturday. Fresh start from today! Gonna stop going to meetings though, I don't really think I am getting enough out of them for the money.

hi vicki! .... hope your doing ok! ... 1.5 isnt so bad! just stick with it for this week youve done amazingly so far well done! xxx

Kirsty

Today has been rubbish, It is easter sunday so the temptation with so much chocolate around has been so bad, My 2 year old son got 7 big easter eggs and being the good mother that I am I had to half one of the eggs with him to make sure he didn't eat to much chocolate ;) We ended up having a pizza hut for dinner tonight too. That was yummy, although I only had 2 slices and those 2 things and a flake were all I have had today to eat, I know not very healthy but I am only a little over my points, I had about 7 spare from yesterday because I just wasn't feeling that hungry. I am going to have about 18 points tomorrow to even things up, during the week I am usually fine with my diet and even have points left by the saturday. One thing I don't get is why on Esource its 0.5 per slice of crusts away bread but when you put 2 it goes up to 1.5 rather than one. Ummm? I hope every one is having a nice easter and being good and not over indulging in chocolate too much! xxx

I am feeling so so much better today. I didn't eat much at all yesterday so made up for sunday's mishap big time. Today I have had the most delicious sandwiches for lunch, A chicken breast fillet grilled over 4 bits of crusts away with salad cream and a hand fill of mixed ready to eat salad leaves (only 49p from ASDA).6 Points very well spent! x

I am really positive today, Can't wait until Saturday for weigh in. I am hopefully going to have lost enough to make my first stone off, was hoping it wouldn't take seven weeks but weighed myself today and it was 14.10, so 4lbs lighter than I was at last weigh in.

Back