Myth or method?

Neveragain

I have been coming early to SW meeting due to coming straight from work sometimes. When I pay, put something in the slimmer of the week basket and get weighed. I find a seat and wait til the meeting starts.

The last two times I forgot to bring something with me to read or keep my occupied til the meeting starts. so my eyes and ears start wondering and I mange to hear other people conversations when they talk about Slimming World. Some information helps me but some are niggling at me and I thought I air them out here to see if you have heard the same things or they are just myth or method.

I have heard one women saying she doesnt take a shower on the day she gets weighed because of the water will stay in her body for when she gets weighed.

I also heard one doesnt wear jeans on the day of weigh in because they are 2lbs heavier than normal trousers.

One women said she just eats soups and melon on the day of the weigh in to get a good result (which I think is obsessive and starving yourself for a false result)

Also laying a hot water bottle on your tummy on the day you get weighed to melt the fat.

I havent personally uses this methods and I think they are quite obsessive for a weigh in day, but what do you think?
Do you use them or even heard of anymore?

i discovered accidentally that eating soup for my lunch on weigh day results in an extra 0.5lb loss for me(i also eat weetabix and fruit for breakkie,fruit snack and fruit after lunch)it happened the first week so ive doner exactly the same the last 3 weeks too and its worked every time.....but it doesnt mean it'll work for everyone.

jeans...depends how big/heavy etc they are...weigh yourself with/without etc...my jeans personally weigh 1 to 1.5lb and id never wear to weigh in...well i will at target but not along the way.but again if you wear them every week then it doesnt matter.

I have heard one women saying she doesnt take a shower on the day she gets weighed because of the water will stay in her body for when she gets weighed.

I can't imagine for a minute that your body would absorb enough water to make any difference. During the day you would get rid of it anyway!!

I also heard one doesnt wear jeans on the day of weigh in because they are 2lbs heavier than normal trousers.

If you got weighed in your jeans on day one, it wouldn't make any difference at all. If anything, when you go down a size your jeans would consist of less material and you would lose more weight!!

One women said she just eats soups and melon on the day of the weigh in to get a good result (which I think is obsessive and starving yourself for a false result)

As long as you eat roughly the same mass of food on you WI day, it won't matter.

Also laying a hot water bottle on your tummy on the day you get weighed to melt the fat.

How did you manage not to fall on the floor laughing when you heard this one :8855:

I would never wear jeans to way in just because denim is much heavier than the trousers I tend to wear each week for way in.

As soon as you get dry after a shower there would be no extra water there so as long as you don't have a shower and then go straight to WI with wet hair or anything I don't see how it could make any difference.

I don't starve myself on WI day but I have found that I have better losses if I don't eat things like pasta at lunch on that day. The most pasta I will have is a mugshot but I try to have a salad or jacket potato on WI days instead. I get weighed in at 5pm so try not to eat anything after about 1pm though as well.

The hot water bottle thing I've never heard before and just think is really random!

hahaha made me chuckle my consultant said this week shes heard every excuse going for not losing weight or gaining and the best was i had a bath before i came so all the water has been absorbed through my pores which is why ive put on this week hahahahaha

i love this thread!!!

I know so many things are funny that we do or dont do!!! :) i mean, i try to wear similar clothes to weigh in - its all part of the 'being consistent' approach....!!!

Not having a shower is just her excuse to being a trampy tramp!!!! yuk! hope you dont sit by her/him!

I always worry if i have not been to the loo before weigh in - haha!

x

Some of those are ridiculous!! I do agree with the jeans though. Not to the extent that they are that heavy but i never wore them because they are heavier than the linen trousers and combats i wore! A lot of people wore leggings no matter what weather because they are light :)

Hey, im a mother. Most of my food is eaten standing up or running around the kitchen:D

Damn. I only have a black hat. How about if it has Iggle Piggle or space rockets on??:giggle:

Back