Nachos replacement

lucyolivia

Hi all!
Just wanted to share with you the joy I have just encountered!!
I looove mexican food and one of my fav starters was nachos, but after looking up the syns for them (some being 60+!!) I decided I had to find my own way.

I made the 'nachos' by boiling lasagne sheets then draining them, cutting them up and putting them on a baking tray with frylight and salt on.

Made some salsa by frying some onion and garlic, adding to a tin of chopped toms with some chilli flakes, salt and pepper then putting in the fridge to cool.

Total 0% yoghurt makes a great syn-free sour cream alternative.

Top the 'nachos' with cheese, jalapenos and serve with the dips!

I know this could possibly count as the dreaded 'food abuse' but I am so over-joyed to find a good alternative for my nacho-y treat I thought I must share!

Enjoy! :D

I've heard of this but never tried it. How do they taste? I know it won't probably won't be a proper Nacho-ish taste, but does it just taste like crunchy pasta? If it's as close as I can get to nachos without having the real thing, I'll try them. Or am I over-reaching, lol? I just don't want it to be a case of 'too good to be true', because I love me some nachos...nomnom :D

They don't taste like nachos but are fresh and crunchy and added with salsa nomnom, I have these every Saturday when we have girlie catch ups as they all eat snacks, it is sinned as classed as food abuse but my losses are good and my consultant said if it works then great, (I don't have loads either) so try and enjoy xxx

Hi all, yes I know all about the food abuse issue, but I was just looking for an alternative to nachos as the syns for them are through the roof! haha.
I'm not going to be eating them all the time but I will use them as a slimming world replacement when I am desperate for nachos!

These are yummy with a smidgen of grated (synned) Parmesan on top!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back