Nandos... (sorry)

2manycupcakes

I know there are tons of threads regarding Nando's but they are either ages old and/or have conflicting syn values...
I have just been and had the spicy rice 2.5 syns and plain chicken breast pitta.. I didnt eat the skin or the pitta... The SW syn value for this online is....Chicken Breast in Pitta Bread, No Mayo, per serving 25 (EE)...:eek: :eek: is this right? I was hoping the chicken would be free but now i'm not so sure. :confused:
Can anyone help out please

its probably accounting for the mayo pitta bread is quite high in syns, and the skin on chicken.. as i know piri piri sauce u buy in the shop is free.. not sure about the one on the restaurant.. x

its probably accounting for the mayo pitta bread is quite high in syns, and the skin on chicken.. as i know piri piri sauce u buy in the shop is free.. not sure about the one on the restaurant.. x

I guessed that but didnt eat the pitta, and didnt have mayo and picked the skin off... not sure what to syn it at, i'm certainly not saying 25, thats tons lol

I feel like I'm being really thick.... So its 8.5 for the whole thing? But because I didn't eat the pitta and am doing EE its no syns?
Thanks for everyone's help....x

I don't think you're going to be able to get an exact syns value for this. I love SW, but this is one of the areas I think they could drastically improve.

Even though the chicken itself is a free food, you need to remember that it will have been cooked in something. I would allow a few syns for that, but not worry about it too much.

When I go, I tend to have a chicken breast salad (hot) and a corn on the cob. That way, I know the corn on the cob and salad leaves are free (I use balsamic vinegar for the dressing), and just allow myself some syns (4 maybe) for the sauce on the chicken.

I think your completely right about it needing improvement. I pointed he whole thing at 6.5 syns and hope that's about right. Thank you for your advice.

Back