NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Well done upndown a sts is always good esp when you have had a difficult week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

thx - yes I was grateful for the sts x

Where did my reply to this go this morning? :(
Sorry, I definitely typed a reply but it's not showing. Gosh, I'd be very worried if I'd lost that much in six weeks lol but I'm glad it's got my November total up. Just have to keep it off now as I don't want to see the twelves again!

How are you feeling now? Have you been sick or just feeling grotty? Hope you're managing to drink plenty. Such a pain that it was your hubs days off too, so they were wasted :(
Get well soon, all of you xx

ooh disappearing reply??

Thx for ur good wishes. Poppy felt better as the day went on, her Mum picked her up earlier, but we're still feeling bleurgh! We've had high temp, aching, sore throats and no appetite yay! Yes drinking lots - easy cos I'm thirsty and not eating much.

Cos hubby works for himself - he'll take time off another time but a nuisance being ill. Off to bed now - night, night xx

Last edited:
ooh disappearing reply??

Thx for ur good wishes. Poppy felt better as the day went on, her Mum picked her up earlier, but we're still feeling bleurgh! We've had high temp, aching, sore throats and no appetite yay! Yes drinking lots - easy cos I'm thirsty and not eating much.

Cos hubby works for himself so he'll take time off another time but a nuisance being ill. Off to bed now - night, night xx

I had been using my phone and it was just hanging a lot when I tried to reply. I must not have noticed at the time that it hadn't actually posted it and closed the app or something.
Hmm it sounds ok not eating but it doesn't always help with the weight loss, not over time anyway. Hope you are dosed up with whatever helps and tucked up in bed fast asleep soon. Get well soon xx

Hi all, back again. When I got back last weekend I had left computer cable behind. Then went back Wednesday until Today (Saturday)
Been so busy, but have got weeks off now. Thanks goodness. I am so tired. No weigh in for this week, but am pleased to report my scales so I have lost 1 1/2lbs. I am amazed for the birthday cakes etc. It is definately the dog walking and up and down stairs etc. & generally looking after children and school runs.
I will start catching up with the posts a little later. Washing done, gear put away so now time for a Lasagne toms and coffee.

If I remember correctly (and I don't always) I think Doreen was home at the weekend but then going back to her sons, possibly yesterday? and staying until the weekend again? Could be totally wrong though :rolleyes:

You were totally right Cloudy. Not as straight forward as you see on previous post. :)

Hugs to my germy twin. You need to get better double quick, I don't like you being poorly!

You might not feel like celebrating for me but my scales were kind today nice lost 2.5lbs which gets me into the 11s yay and my four stone award. Will update my stats later. Dead chuffed I am :)
Hope you soon feel better again, all of you xx

Well done on that loss. In the 11`s too. Fantastic.

Hope everyone's ok and had a good day - here hubby and I have gone down with Poppy's bug - so that's sorted my food out for the day! Will report in on WI 2moro!!xx

Hope you all get better soon Upndown. :party0036: Am told you should drink plenty. Will this help? xxx

Maybe this will be better eh? :waterbottle: a bottle of water :wavey:

I have just heard that Nik has been sick at home. Wonder if it is a re-ocurrence of aq couple of weeks ago or the BUG :sick: :9529:

It is so nice to read through and see that I have been missed. With 2 weeks off I will be on here every day.

Hope you all get better soon Upndown. :party0036: Am told you should drink plenty. Will this help? xxx

Maybe this will be better eh? :waterbottle: a bottle of water :wavey:

I have just heard that Nik has been sick at home. Wonder if it is a re-ocurrence of aq couple of weeks ago or the BUG :sick: :9529:

It is so nice to read through and see that I have been missed. With 2 weeks off I will be on here every day.

hi and welcome back after your busy time - good to hear from you - hope it's a bug and not what Nik had before. I feel really rough and hubby has been frying mince and put in slow cooker with some greasy looking chopped onions - it looks grey and smells strange - really kind of him to make an effort but as a cook he makes a good engineer!

Last edited:
Nanny It is so nice to read through and see that I have been missed. With 2 weeks off I will be on here every day.[/QUOTE said:
Lovely to see you Doreen. You must be exhausted but can rest up now. Hope Nik is ok, whatever it was. Xx

Oh Linda, I wanted to laugh at your OHs cooking attempt but thinking how it must make your stomach turn I can't laugh. Really hope you soon shift that bug :(

I feel mean and ungrateful for not eating it but it didn't look appetising at all - poor thing - he's eaten it and there's more left - I could freeze some and send it down to you by express post! xxx

Hi all, back again. When I got back last weekend I had left computer cable behind. Then went back Wednesday until Today (Saturday)
Been so busy, but have got weeks off now. Thanks goodness. I am so tired. No weigh in for this week, but am pleased to report my scales so I have lost 1 1/2lbs. I am amazed for the birthday cakes etc. It is definately the dog walking and up and down stairs etc. & generally looking after children and school runs.
I will start catching up with the posts a little later. Washing done, gear put away so now time for a Lasagne toms and coffee.

Oooh Doreen - just noticed your stats - you've only got to lose half a pound and you'll be in the 16s - wahey!!!

I feel mean and ungrateful for not eating it but it didn't look appetising at all - poor thing - he's eaten it and there's more left - I could freeze some and send it down to you by express post! xxx

Oh erm, that's really kind of you but we've just eaten and er, tomorrows dinner is already defrosting in the fridge. :rolleyes:

Afternoon - I'm a bit better but still feel yuck - what a pair!

So has the afternoon resting helped you on your way to feeling any better? Are you eating on plan or is just getting anything inside you as much as you can manage, if you don't have much appetite? Hope you're very soon feeling 100% again xx

So has the afternoon resting helped you on your way to feeling any better? Are you eating on plan or is just getting anything inside you as much as you can manage, if you don't have much appetite? Hope you're very soon feeling 100% again xx

Hope everyone is ok and on plan.

We have no appetite so that's the good news & and no cookng! Drinking lots but bug's gone on our chests now - so feeling roughx

Back