NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Morning friends. Just a quickie as I need to shower, both grandchildren slept all night last night, which was a surprise but obviously good. Back this evening x

Thats good news xx

Poor Flynn, that doesn't sound much fun. I'd be the same as you and steer clear of the Neurofen.
It is very tiring when they're poorly and you are responsible. We've got Jamie here overnight and it took him ages to go to sleep as he'd been out with his Dad, stuffed full of junk food and over excited. I ended up reading him five stories, the last one he was almost asleep and stayed settled afterwards. He has been having night terrors so hoping he is ok tonight.
I'm looking forward to cuddles in bed with both of my grandchildren tomorrow morning.
We're very lucky really aren't we? 

You've done well on your food today, I'm sure the four skinny chips won't have caused any damage.
Hope you (and we) get a peaceful nights sleep. Xx

I tell Flynn a story or 2 when I stay there or them here. We usually read a short one then I make up stories. Usually about a young boy, sometimes named Flynn. Usually start off at a railway station then travels all over the place. He has lots of adventures. If he is not alseep then I do the story about the little duck (a baby swan) who is looking for is Mummy. I love it, and yes we are so lucky.
I don`t know if I have already said - as Mum and Faye were waiting to go out and Flynn was crying on Mums lap because he was hurting, I said can he sit on my lap, He said YES, so pleased that we have that sort of repore together. His mummy said "he loves his Nanny"
:)
They did not stay last night, went hime after skating. But - they are back Tuesday morning and overnight. x

I tell Flynn a story or 2 when I stay there or them here. We usually read a short one then I make up stories. Usually about a young boy, sometimes named Flynn. Usually start off at a railway station then travels all over the place. He has lots of adventures. If he is not alseep then I do the story about the little duck (a baby swan) who is looking for is Mummy. I love it, and yes we are so lucky.
I don`t know if I have already said - as Mum and Faye were waiting to go out and Flynn was crying on Mums lap because he was hurting, I said can he sit on my lap, He said YES, so pleased that we have that sort of repore together. His mummy said "he loves his Nanny"
:)
They did not stay last night, went hime after skating. But - they are back Tuesday morning and overnight. x

Yes children are wonderful and lift our hearts - glad you'll be seeing them again soon - bet Flynn loves your stories - they have wild imaginations and love to hear a story - smashing!!xx

Morning friends. Just a quickie as I need to shower, both grandchildren slept all night last night, which was a surprise but obviously good. Back this evening x

Brilliant that they slept - hope that means that you'll have enough energy to keep you going all day!!xx

Hi - glad to be back on Minis - missed you all - I tried to get on a few times over the weekend and this morning but no go!!

Think I've mentioned my food at the weekend wasn't a disaster but I was over on syns - today I've kept things light and will try to do that until our meal out on Christmas Eve - as an exercise in damage limitation!!

Had a nice surprise this morning - had some boring jobs to do and as a delaying tactic I checked my e-mails and had a message from a friend from where I used to work inviting me to join her and a few others for a coffee - so it was lovely to catch up.

I wasn't looking forward to doing the last of the food shop - but after my nice morning - the shopping didn't seem such a drudge!! Also I bought 4 ready meals so I don't need to cook our main meal until Christmas day now - naughty I know but my 2 are low cal ones and I'm somehow sick of chopping and cooking at the mo!!

B: boiled egg
L: SW soup
T: low cal chicken, veg and pasta meal

Haven't been hungry so far - had lots of fruit tea, 1 coffee and will have fruit if I need to eat more! Hope you're all happy with your days - will pop in again if I can get on xxx

EDIT - hubby brought a food hamper home - a gift from a client - OMG there are lots of lovely things in it - he opened 2 packs of gorgeous biscuits - I ate 1 shortbread finger and a ginger biccie - not sure of syns - stopping there but a bit cross with myself - I wasn't hungry and didn't need them - damn!! So much for eating fruit!

Last edited:
You were missed too. I have not tried much today, I though it would be so busy and slow so thought I would try now. Although was on a little earlier.

That is a good idea to buy some ready meals to save on cooking. There will be enough other stuff to do before then. How nice to catch up with old friends for coffee. I love doing that. Your food for today is nice and light Linda. Good for you. We do try to plan don`t we.

My food day was ok synwise but not so good on food. I will pop back in a minute and put it on.

Monday 22nd Dec. A very tired day so food not what it should be

10am Brekkie: 2 eggs & beans on 3 toast coffee (2.1/2 syns)
4.20pm Lunch. tin spagetti bolognese (3 syns) 2 bread coffee (5 syns)
8pm Dinner chicken pieces. 2 thighs and a drumstick. Boiled spud & broccoli

Fruit & fat free yogurt.

10 1/2 syns. not too bad.

Have children here tomorrow so will have to be really careful as getting weighed Wed before going out to lunch.

.I am off to bed as am very tired. Goodnight all

You were missed too. I have not tried much today, I though it would be so busy and slow so thought I would try now. Although was on a little earlier.

That is a good idea to buy some ready meals to save on cooking. There will be enough other stuff to do before then. How nice to catch up with old friends for coffee. I love doing that. Your food for today is nice and light Linda. Good for you. We do try to plan don`t we.

My food day was ok synwise but not so good on food. I will pop back in a minute and put it on.

Thank you Doreen - but I'm just about to add some treats to my food diary - check them out!!! :eek:

Monday 22nd Dec. A very tired day so food not what it should be

10am Brekkie: 2 eggs & beans on 3 toast coffee (2.1/2 syns)
4.20pm Lunch. tin spagetti bolognese (3 syns) 2 bread coffee (5 syns)
8pm Dinner chicken pieces. 2 thighs and a drumstick. Boiled spud & broccoli

Fruit & fat free yogurt.

10 1/2 syns. not too bad.

Have children here tomorrow so will have to be really careful as getting weighed Wed before going out to lunch.

.I am off to bed as am very tired. Goodnight all

That's a pretty good day - esp as you are tired - it's so easy to resort to comfort food when we feel like that - so well done Doreen.

Hope you sleep well and wake up refreshed - perhaps you could plan your day in the morning and include a few no or low syn treats to help you stay on plan for WI day?!

Enjoy the children and let us know how your day went!xx

Have decided to have beans on toast for brekky tomorrow after reading your diary lol :D

Have decided to have beans on toast for brekky tomorrow after reading your diary lol :D

Yes a nice brekkie - I often read what someone's eaten and fancy it myself!!xx

Morning all. Just back from sainsburys, all done and dusted. Proper catch up later as lots to do today, again. X

Ive got a list to write out and another list of meals to have this week x

Ive got a list to write out and another list of meals to have this week x

Glad you've done the shopping and good planning to have a list of meals! xx

Morning all. Just back from sainsburys, all done and dusted. Proper catch up later as lots to do today, again. X

Hi - glad your shopping's done - good luck with today's jobs!! See you later xx

Hi Doreen - hope you woke refreshed - enjoy the children today - and let's hope we can all be careful today and most of 2moro - then relax on counting syns for a couple of days! xx

Hi team doreen! Missed you all. I wish you all a very merry christmas and look forward to 2015s team antics!

Glad you've done the shopping and good planning to have a list of meals! xx

well I did it last week purely so it was my skint week but then thought about it this week and thought I would do same thing as its kept me on track :D

Back