NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Tuesday 24th February

hexa milk. hexb bread

B: 2 eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms. xtra bread (2.1/2)
L: banana bns/pepper soup (big portion) 1 bread (2.1/2 syns)
D: 2 chicken thighs, broccoli mixed into boiled rice and pineapple.

5 syns.

If anything else it will be banana/grapes/coffee

Just a quickie to let u know how SW class went - put on 2.5 since pre London so not too bad - good vibe in class and consultant very understanding to those who are struggling. Hope she can do where I and others have failed - getting me to target! Will pop back on later! xx

I reckon that is pretty good myself. Sounds like you have a good class there.
Good luck to our new Tuesday weigher.

thank you cloudy6. I am a bit like that maself haha. first day went very well:) x

Glad ur firat day went well and hope day 2 did too!x

Oh Kathy, I have got my head in a better place although I fight each week to keep weight off. I have been doing it for years but have not got the 11lb off I put on 5 years ago when visiting NZ. 4lbs more to go to get there. I will do it. I do find it is what is in my head that helps.

I don`t think I can blame my chomping on hormones anymore - can I?

Good luck on it Linda. I hope you find it helpful again, I do know if I didn`t go I would be back to the weight I was years ago. If it costs me £5 per week then that I can swallow.

I don`t like to go to class and put on but of coursr I have been doing that on and off for years. I no longer miss qa class because I know I have put on as that defeats the object to me. My charts is rather like the old switch back ride for the last 5 years, but if I had not kept on going I would have been where I was in 1994 - 25stones.

The dentist this time was to pick up some new teeth. Nothing awful. Although they will need adjusting when I get back home again.

Welcome :welcome2: It is great to have you on board Leslay.

Bumpy though it may be sometimes. We are all here to help each other.

Just thought - in case ur confused with the 2 Linda's - there's quiet, shy Cloudy Linda andI

Oooh Cloudy, yu lickle liar, xxxxx:rolleyes:

Yes - I've not clapped eyes on the silent, shy Cloudy either!xx

Well, was absent yesterday due to yet another trip to Haverhill to help out --- that is where one of my Sons live with grand kids Leslay, you will see Haverhill refered to often.== Kept to plan but will get weighed late Friday when I get home, there is a class at 11.30 done by my Consultant.
Am looking after Flynn as he had a bad earache. So much for my really lazy day. Catch you all again later. Have a good day.

Well you'll get that 11 pounds off v soon Doreen as ur on a roll now!

My last totm was a long time ago but still have a hormonal cycle I don't record it - but I get a bit low, have hot flushes and want MORE FOOD! So reckon u probably can blame it esp as u don't have a dog to blame! ;)xx

I used to love red & green days. Being as I am on this roast veg kick, I may give it another try - although I think I am having rice tonight. By the way Linda you can have 2 a`s as well. You can have cheese for that.

Yes I think I'll do some too but as we've discussed - I think I need to watch my portions on whatever plan I'm on!xx

Feeling motivated after class - hope it lasts for a good while! Hope ur all in good frames of mind! Here's my food:

B: Salted caramel hi-fi bar eaten during class - don't like an early b'fast! HEB
L: salmon salad with quarter tsp mayo 1 syn mixed with garlic salt and white vinegar
D: Kathy's Easy Pork & chorizo meatballs, 2.5 syns with a free veg stir fry, copied Linda's (Cloudy that is leslay!) quark & options 2 syns - with raspberries with golden syrup 1.25 syns, 12.5g flaked almonds 3.5 syns

Total syns: 9.25

Drinks: 1 coffee with skimmed milk at SW - part hea ss milk was fine but had more than when I use ss milk! water, fruit teas

30 mins exercise

Last edited:
Tuesday 24th February

hexa milk. hexb bread

5 syns.

We had visitors so 2 biscuits - pink wafers 2 each

Syns now 9

Feeling motivated after class - hope it lasts for a good while! Hope ur all in good frames of mind! Here's my food:

B: Salted caramel hi-fi bar eaten during class - don't like an early b'fast! HEB
L: salmon salad with quarter tsp mayo 1 syn mixed with garlic salt and white vinegar
D: Kathy's Easy Pork & chorizo meatballs, 2.5 syns with a free veg stir fry, copied Linda's (Cloudy that is leslay!) quark & options 2 syns - with raspberries with golden syrup 1.25 syns, 12.5g nuts 2

Total syns: 8.75 syns

Drinks: 1 coffee with skimmed milk at SW - part hea ss milk was fine but had more than when I use ss milk! water, fruit teas

30 mins exercise

I do hope the motivation lasts for you Linda. Food good and not too many syns either. Are you going to weigh yourself at home at all? You know me, I have to at some point.

Children are asleep and Nik and Davina have popped out so a bit of quet time to me. Lovely xx

Tuesday 24th February

hexa milk. hexb bread

5 syns.

We had visitors so 2 biscuits - pink wafers 2 each

Syns now 9

Well Doreen I'm impressed u had a packet of biscuits in and only had 2 - amazing!

To explain why I'm amazed - I was shopping for low syn treats today and picked up some of those pink and white sandwich type wafer biscuits but there were 14 in the pack - but knew I cdn't have them in the house somput them back! xx

Well Doreen I'm impressed u had a packet of biscuits in and only had 2 - amazing!

To explain why I'm amazed - I was shopping for low syn treats today and picked up some of those pink and white sandwich type wafer biscuits but there were 14 in the pack - but knew I cdn't have them in the house somput them back! xx

I am impressed too. The thing is I am not at home, they are for the children. I don`t know that I could have stopped at 2 otherwise, 2 pkts maybe. :)

I do hope the motivation lasts for you Linda. Food good and not too many syns either. Are you going to weigh yourself at home at all? You know me, I have to at some point.

Children are asleep and Nik and Davina have popped out so a bit of quet time to me. Lovely xx

Glad u eventually got ur me time!

Thank u Doreen but u know me - my motivation will be the same as my username I expect!

My scales haven't been working for a while and cos I was obsessed with weighing I decided not to replace them - been weighing at Boots once a week - but I always wear the same clothes which I have weighed (1.25lbs if ur interested!) cos I wanted to know my weight in the nude - as that's how I do it at home! But even I'm not so obsessed that I'd get undressed in Boots!

Well you'll laugh at this morning's obsessive behaviour - I weighed at Boots b4 class cos I wanted to make sure both sets of scales showed the same weight!xx

Just having a quick look in to see how my twinny Linda got on. I'm Linda too, just to explain to Leslay - we're both Linda's and quite similar in age and lots of other things, not least our tendency to stray off plan :rolleyes:. Unfortunately she's up in North Wales and I'm down in Surrey, so we haven't (yet) actually met up :cry:

Can see that group seems to have started well, so that is the first step and reckon you'll be reaching out to get to target soon Linda :)
Oh dear Doreen, so much for getting some rest and having a bit of time to yourself but I know you're always willing to go and help out. Hope its not for too long or too strenuous. Remind me.... how far is it from yours to Haverhill?

Only just home from Mum and Dads so can't stay online now but will pop back this evening. xx

Thanks Linda - yes wdn't be great to meet up - we have friends who live in Newport nr Saffron Walden so when we next visit them (unfortunately we don't see them very often now they've moved down there) maybe just maybe with planning we cd meet uo somewhere where Doreen could get to too - I know Bubble lives not so far from u and perhaps others? xx

2.5 isn't bad, you'll have that off in to time! I'm jealous of your trip to London, I went for the first time in Dec for my birthday and didn't want to come home!!x

Thx - yes I can live with that gain! Yes we love London - loads to do and see! xx

Glad u eventually got ur me time!

Thank u Doreen but u know me - my motivation will be the same as my username I expect!

My scales haven't been working for a while and cos I was obsessed with weighing I decided not to replace them - been weighing at Boots once a week - but I always wear the same clothes which I have weighed (1.25lbs if ur interested!) cos I wanted to know my weight in the nude - as that's how I do it at home! But even I'm not so obsessed that I'd get undressed in Boots!

Well you'll laugh at this morning's obsessive behaviour - I weighed at Boots b4 class cos I wanted to make sure both sets of scales showed the same weight!xx

No! don`t get undressed in Boots. Honestly not obsessive behaviour it is good to know if the scales match. But we really have to do it don`t we. hehe

I know my class make me 1lb lighter but do not know about other classes I sometimes go to. Will dedfinitely make a note when I next visit one of them.

Morning ladies you do have me in histerics. Ive just spat my herbal tea out at tge thought of naked weighing in boots!! Our little local boots man would be rubbing his hands together he looks oh so dodgy anyway!!

Have yourselves a lovely day. X

Morning ladies you do have me in histerics. Ive just spat my herbal tea out at tge thought of naked weighing in boots!! Our little local boots man would be rubbing his hands together he looks oh so dodgy anyway!!

Morning bubble. I was going to say to Linda don`t get weighed in boots or any other shoes naked.

You have a lovely day too.

Morning bubble. I was going to say to Linda don`t get weighed in boots or any other shoes naked.

You have a lovely day too.

He-He Doreen - silly me did I didn't put a capital B for Boots the Chemist!! xx

Your post made me laugh out loud then too! Yes this is a lovely, crazy thread - feels like home to me! xx

Last edited:
No! don`t get undressed in Boots. Honestly not obsessive behaviour it is good to know if the scales match. But we really have to do it don`t we. hehe

I know my class make me 1lb lighter but do not know about other classes I sometimes go to. Will dedfinitely make a note when I next visit one of them.

No will keep my clothes on in public at all times Doreen!

Don't do it Doreen (the checking the scales thing I mean) it drives me nuts and I was mad enough before I started that lark!) xx

OOH a pound lighter in ur class - if only I cd weigh there ;) wdn't that be great and we cd go to ur cafe for a WI day treat and natter!! One day I hope we'll have a Minis meet down there! xx

OOH a pound lighter in ur class - if only I cd weigh there ;) wdn't that be great and we cd go to ur cafe for a WI day treat and natter!! One day I hope we'll have a Minis meet down there! xx

That would be good.

Your post made me laugh out loud then too! Yes this is a lovely, crazy thread - feels like home to me! xx

Especially when we on to form. Happy days

He-He Doreen - silly me did I didn't put a capital B for Boots the Chemist!! xx

hehe

Back