NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Food for today. Used small amount of cheese for hexb. Shared with milk.

Wednesday 11th March

hexa milk175ml/20g low fat cheese .
hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, 2 toast 1/2 tin spaghetti 10g low fat cheese (h/e A)
L; BNS/red pepper soup. Ham
D: Pork loin chop, broccoli, bns & carrot chips sliced pots roasted,
frozen raspberries & Yogurt.
Probably a pear or two

ZERO SYNS

I have felt ok most of the day since second getting up when carpenter came. He was really nice and we had a nice chat. Did a few bits, made some soup and prepared dinner. Started to feel really tired and decided to have a different fruit tea, Namely Lemon and Ginger. I enjoyed it and I didn`t feel any worse so what I am feeling is not the tea.
Was going to go for a walk, but decided not to put washing out and pottered before sitting to do some sewing.

Gonna have dinner shortly and have a reasonably early night. Maybe I just need more sleep.

congrats !!

I couldn't do slimming world i'm not social enough... quit after 6 weeks!

Glad you're feeling a little bit better, Doreen. Like you say, it doesn't seem to be the tea and maybe an early night will help. If it carries on, you'll have to see what the doc says. Sounds very strange. Your food is looking very good! :)

Linda, where do you get the WW biscuits from and which ones are they? Had a look in our Sainsbury's after work but they had none at all. Mind you, it is quite a small store.

Just been looking for a birthday present for my son's girlfriend's little girl, who will be four very soon. When she comes round here, she likes to play on our keyboard so I'm thinking of a large piano mat (with a volume control!!) and I've also seen some lovely, bright, good quality wooden skittles, designed as cute animals, that I thought I'd put with it. Not sure my son and his girlfriend will appreciate the piano mat but .........! :D xx

congrats !!

I couldn't do slimming world i'm not social enough... quit after 6 weeks!

Do u mean u weren't keen on the classes? If so, cd u try doing it at home? Or perhaps u've found another diet that suits u better?

Hi Linda. Invisible weigh days do not work do they,. I am finding that out this week.
Your food sounds locely and only a smidgen over, well done.
I am having half of my A as cheese today. I have weighed the milk I am allowed.
Don`t forget on red 2 a`s and 2 b`s,

I must admit I have not really looked at what hex you had. My head is still not feeling good - I went back to bed after breakfast then a workman woke me at 10.30. So have had a shower and washed up, just a quick tidy round and will go out in the fresh air and see if that helps. Don`t reckon it was the tea, lasting too long,
Have had a couple of painkillers and will take a water pill. Excess water in my head makes me feel like this too.

Let you know later how I am going. Keep going lovely lady for a good day today. xx

Sorry to hear ur still not 100% - hope u feel better after the tablets and ur sleep.

Blimey zero syns I'm impressed Doreen - if u have any willpower to spare perhaps u cd sprinkle some here for your friends! Altho I was 0.25 syns over yest and on plan today I feel a bit bloated so will try to go low on syns 2moro.

Yes I like my red & green days for the double hex's!! xxx

Last edited:
Food for today. Used small amount of cheese for hexb. Shared with milk.

Wednesday 11th March

hexa milk175ml/20g low fat cheese .
hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, 2 toast 1/2 tin spaghetti 10g low fat cheese (h/e A)
L; BNS/red pepper soup. Ham
D: Pork loin chop, broccoli, bns & carrot chips sliced pots roasted,
frozen raspberries & Yogurt.
Probably a pear or two

ZERO SYNS

I have felt ok most of the day since second getting up when carpenter came. He was really nice and we had a nice chat. Did a few bits, made some soup and prepared dinner. Started to feel really tired and decided to have a different fruit tea, Namely Lemon and Ginger. I enjoyed it and I didn`t feel any worse so what I am feeling is not the tea.
Was going to go for a walk, but decided not to put washing out and pottered before sitting to do some sewing.

Gonna have dinner shortly and have a reasonably early night. Maybe I just need more sleep.

Glad it doesn't seem to be the fruit tea - they are refreshing and handy for saving on the milk/hea.

Glad you're feeling a little bit better, Doreen. Like you say, it doesn't seem to be the tea and maybe an early night will help. If it carries on, you'll have to see what the doc says. Sounds very strange. Your food is looking very good! :)

Linda, where do you get the WW biscuits from and which ones are they? Had a look in our Sainsbury's after work but they had none at all. Mind you, it is quite a small store.

Just been looking for a birthday present for my son's girlfriend's little girl, who will be four very soon. When she comes round here, she likes to play on our keyboard so I'm thinking of a large piano mat (with a volume control!!) and I've also seen some lovely, bright, good quality wooden skittles, designed as cute animals, that I thought I'd put with it. Not sure my son and his girlfriend will appreciate the piano mat but .........! :D xx

I bought the WW biscuits from a very exclusive shop Kathy - the Pound shop! I bought the oat chocolate chip cookies - they come in a cardboard box - inside they're packed in 2's in sellophane packets - handy to remind us that that's a single portion! (2 biscuits are 44 cals or 2.25 syns) but on a bad day I cd eat a few packs!

I like your gift ideas - very suitable for a 4 year old - but in your job you'll know exactly what little ones like! Plus it's good to pay back our children for all the noisy play times we had to put up when they were little hee-hee! ;)

I've had a good day - I met up with Ann (Liverbird52 who used to be acc on here), Sam (sammyanth) and Kathryn (*miss-k*) at Cheshire Oaks - an outlet shopping centre - more chatting than shopping! Here's how the food went:

b: boiled egg, tangerine & apple
l: chilli and baked potato at spud u like - big portion so I didn't eat all mine - counted it as no syn but ? ;)
d: salmon, salad, half tsp coleslaw - 1 syn? mixed with white vinegar mixed into salad, beetroot, mango

snacks: freddo 5 syns, 2 apples, hi fi bar - heb, banana

drinks: fruit teas, water, coffee - dash milk, options hot choc drink - with dash milk 2 syns

Total syns - 8 - more than I intended after yest - so will try again 2moro! But won't be able to match Doreen's big far zero!

Total of 23.25 syns out of 70

Last edited:
just saying congrats on finding a diet that works for you and that i have found another way, yes,

Just trying to navigate the forum with so many different approaches...

just saying congrats on finding a diet that works for you and that i have found another way, yes,

Just trying to navigate the forum with so many different approaches...

Glad u've found a diet - can see which one on your stats I didn't notice before! Good luck! I think Minis is a great site and lots of support to be had!

Thanks, yeah i just filled that in now!

It seems like a great site and i need to keep track of myself

Thanks, yeah i just filled that in now!

It seems like a great site and i need to keep track of myself

Yes it's motivating and everone's very kind too! x

Glad it doesn't seem to be the fruit tea - they are refreshing and handy for saving on the milk/hea.

I bought the WW biscuits from a very exclusive shop Kathy - the Pound shop! I bought the oat chocolate chip cookies - they come in a cardboard box - inside they're packed in 2's in sellophane packets - handy to remind us that that's a single portion! (2 biscuits are 44 cals or 2.25 syns) but on a bad day I cd eat a few packs!

I like your gift ideas - very suitable for a 4 year old - but in your job you'll know exactly what little ones like! Plus it's good to pay back our children for all the noisy play times we had to put up when they were little hee-hee! ;)

Ha ha! That is so true! :D

Loving the sound of your exclusive shop! Will have to see if Macclesfield or Congleton are posh enough to have one! :) The biscuits sound just right for filling a gap, for not too many Syns.

How lovely for all of you meeting up! Hope you had a good time. Glad you clarified acc's new name - I would have wondered where she'd gone!! :O xx

Ha ha! That is so true! :D

Loving the sound of your exclusive shop! Will have to see if Macclesfield or Congleton are posh enough to have one! :) The biscuits sound just right for filling a gap, for not too many Syns.

How lovely for all of you meeting up! Hope you had a good time. Glad you clarified acc's new name - I would have wondered where she'd gone!! :O xx

Hope u find some! xx

Thanks chocko
I'm really enjoying it
last time i came here i thought i knew it all
this time 'tis true

I've had a good day - I met up with Ann (Liverbird52 who used to be acc on here), Sam (sammyanth) and Kathryn (*miss-k*) at Cheshire Oaks - an outlet shopping centre - more chatting than shopping! Here's how the food went:

b: boiled egg, tangerine & apple
l: chilli and baked potato at spud u like - big portion so I didn't eat all mine - counted it as no syn but ? ;)
d: salmon, salad, half tsp coleslaw - 1 syn? mixed with white vinegar mixed into salad, beetroot, mango

snacks: freddo 5 syns, 2 apples, hi fi bar - heb, banana

drinks: fruit teas, water, coffee - dash milk, options hot choc drink - with dash milk 2 syns

Total syns - 8 - more than I intended after yest - so will try again 2moro! But won't be able to match Doreen's big far zero! xx

How lovely to meet up with fellow minis. As Kathy said glad we know acc is Liverbird2. Food looks great especially the chilli on the spud. I never remember to have jackets. I think having some cheese as part of h/e helped.
I am feeling ok today, don`t know what made me feel like I did.

Hope you have a good day today Linda.

Thanks Kathy, feeling good today. I did take a water pill 2 days running - not usual - also have taken some painkillers. Who knows. Have not tried that particular tea again yet, but did try a different flavourl

The WW biscuits are usually available in Tesco, at least they used to be, I don`t go down the biscuit aisle. I am going to Tesco today, will have a look and let you know. Ah! do you have a Tesco is more to the point.

Thanks Kathy, feeling good today. I did take a water pill 2 days running - not usual - also have taken some painkillers. Who knows. Have not tried that particular tea again yet, but did try a different flavourl

The WW biscuits are usually available in Tesco, at least they used to be, I don`t go down the biscuit aisle. I am going to Tesco today, will have a look and let you know. Ah! do you have a Tesco is more to the point.

Hope u have a better day today Doreen - how are u feeling now?

Good idea to avoid the 'naughty' aisles - take care down there today lol! I's a miracle my biscuits are still here - silly, but I think that they're packed in 2's in sellophane helps (well up to now at least!) xx

Feeling good today Linda thanks. No real answer to what it was, but it has gone.

Have a good day and be careful with your biscuits. I will NOT buy any.

How lovely to meet up with fellow minis. As Kathy said glad we know acc is Liverbird2. Food looks great especially the chilli on the spud. I never remember to have jackets. I think having some cheese as part of h/e helped.
I am feeling ok today, don`t know what made me feel like I did.

Hope you have a good day today Linda.

Thanks. Glad ur feeling better - I've not had a jacket potato for ages either - but this week I've had 1 and half! Hope you have another great on plan day - be careful in Tesco - avoid those naughty things that sometimes jump into our trolley ;)

I'm going shopping too - so will say now I WON'T BE BUYING TREATS!

See u later xx

Feeling good today Linda thanks. No real answer to what it was, but it has gone.

Have a good day and be careful with your biscuits. I will NOT buy any.

Glad to hear ur feeling better - good to see there'll be no biccies around to tempt u!

Have u weighed lately - wd have thought you'll be getting a good loss 2moro - u've been an angel since that @£&/! day!! xx

Back