NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Am glad you enjoyed it bondgirl. We talked about them at club this morning and one of the girls has the chinese one but puts it in a bowl and adds cooked chicken to it and I think she said sweetcorn, not sure and makes it more like a bowl of soup. She does similar to the chicken one too. Might be worth a try.

I'm liking those mugshot ideas, I like the tomato and herb one, but it could easily be padded out with some cooked chicken, perhaps even some onions and peppers done with fry light, although to be honest I usually have one when I am in a hurry so I would likely do normal pasta with chicken and veg and make sauce with passata instead lol.

Glad you enjoyed having your Grand kids, it is hard when there is distance, we are 65 miles away from my family, and I visit probably once a month or so just now, I can't afford too much petrol either as currently on maternity leave. My Dad hasn't been able to drive the distance for a while as he had a heart attack but has since had a stent (not sure if that is right spelling) put in and he is much better so hopefully they will feel up to the trip soon. It's even worse for my husbands family as they live 400 miles away so we only manage to make the trip a few times a year, this year possibly only the once not sure yet. My mother in law tries to come up every few months but it is so expensive.

Anyway back onto the weight loss, good luck for friday (ooh it's today!) fingers crossed for a loss xx

Morning!
Two and a half pounds ON.
I deserve it, but I'm sooo not happy about it :cry:

It doesn`t make any better even if we feel we deserve it. :sigh: I stayed the same which I have to be ok with but it is still not what I wanted. Still will put my diaries on. Should have done when the kids were here but !!!!! :banghead: never mind.

We "must try harder" :rolleyes:

I agree Izzy they are usually for quickness or when I can`t be bothered. As you say back to the weight loss - or in my case no weight loss. Stayed the same. Gone now so new week of diaries starting now.:). Just had a call frommy son who is renting a house in Haverhill. They have got a mortgage. :happy036:So pleased for them

FRIDAY 31ST MAY - Lets make it a good June.

Hexa 2/3 say 200ml measured. skimmed milk 1/3 hexa 21g lite philly
Hexb 2 slices wholemeal bread.

Breakfast
2 bread h/e
1 bread 2.1/2 syns
2 eggs in frylight
large tomato grilled SF
Lots mushroom SF
Coffee

As breakfast was 11.30am I will have a snack later

3 scan bran (3 syns)
Mullerlight toffe
kiwi fruit SF
2 scan bran (2 syns)
21g philly lite. 1/3 hexb

Dinner:
1.1/2 lambs hearts
oxo
10g dry stuffing (1.1/2 syns)
10g bisto powder (1 syn)
boiled spuds
Spring Greens SF
Carrots SF
(2.1/2 syns for dinner)

(10 syns)

Last edited:
There is a June challenge thread starts tomorrow if you are interested? you just sign up add your name and target.

Just put it behind you and start now xx

Morning Doreen, sorry about your wi result, but it's better than my appalling gain! We have to pull our socks up.
Are you joining the June challenge? I'm going to look for it now x

Morning Doreen, sorry about your wi result, but it's better than my appalling gain! We have to pull our socks up.
Are you joining the June challenge? I'm going to look for it now x

You are right. I have just joined the challenge,well have sent a message. Been gardening nearly all morning, moving earth etc. Having a break now. Good Luck

SATURDAY 1ST JUNE NEW START

Hexa 350ml skim milk
Hexb 2 wholemeal bread

Breakfast
2eggs fried in frylight
2bacon trimmed
2tomatoes grilled
Mushrooms lots cooked in water.
2 bread h/e
1 xtra bread 2.1/2 syns.

SYNS SO FAR 2.1/2

Lunch
3egg omlette with
1/4 corgette grated
1/4 pepper
Lots mushroom
3 scan bran 3 syns
1apple to make up the SF
3 syns for lunch

SYNS SO FAR 5.1/2

DINNER planned
Liver fried
2bacon trimmed
(oxo cube for gravy with onion in it) maybe NO GRAVY
Roasted superfree corgette butternut squash with skin on
peppers onions carrots, sprinkled with rosemary, also parsnip and 1 sweet potato. MMM
boiled spud 200g

No greens, did so much roast veg there would have not been room.
I reckon that meal had over half superfree. Topped plate up twice.

0 syns
There will be more to follow. probably fruit.
3 kiwi fruit with a glass of diet lemonade.

Did a bit more work in the garden - body magic - I was shovelling quite a lotof earth to put behind my new garden wall to make a rose bed.

Milky coffee and bed for me.

Had the milky coffee then was hungry so had bacon sarni 5 syns

TOTAL 10 1/2 for the day.

Last edited:
Sounds like you had an excellent day yesterday - keep up the good work!
What roses are you getting? I've looked all over for a yellow patio rose to put in a pot and can't find one anywhere :(

Hi Mandy. I actually would like a Blue Moon rose. My neighbour has one so may be having a cutting off of hers. But am very tempted to buy a more mature one.

As for any other roses. Well, I have two that I really like one is a beautiful yellow whos flower don`t spread too much, took a cutting last year, plonked it in the soil and bingo this year it is flowering! I don`t usually buy roses anymore. If I see a rose that I like I `borrow a cutting`.

SUNDAY 2ND JUNE

After that busy day and another to come a good breakfast.

hexa 350ml skimmed milk
hexb 2 slices of wholemeal bread

Breakfast
2eggs in frylight
2 bacon trimmed
4 tomatoes grilled
1 lt choice sausage (1/2 syn)
1 xtra bread (2 1/2 syns)

Total so far 3 syns

Lunch

2 hot hard boiled eggs
2 hot tomatoes
Mixed together with salt & a little piri piri flakes.
Had with 3 scan bran (3 syns)
It was lovely

Total syns so far 6

Dinner (going for a mile walk first with neighbour)

2 Sainsbuy 1/4lb beef burgers (2 syns)
sw chips white and sweet potatoes
Tomatoes
Gherkin slices
Beetroot (don`t know if we do but they have beetroot with burgers in NZ.)
Lettuce with lemon juice
30g extra lite mayo (1 syn)
Ketchup (1 syn)

Followed by pineapple pieces.
Danone Yougurt
Banana

Total syns so far 10

After that coffee in garden and a little planting of flowers.

Last edited:
sounds good, have you had a stab at making your own burgers? they can be free :)

Yea I know but they never seem to be the same, As the Sainsbury burger are £2.49 for 4 maybe I should.
:hmm:
How do you make yours. All I have ever done is mix chopped onion with the mince and maybe a little salt & pepper.

I had my first attempt recently and they were lovely, other half loved his and my 8 yr old loved hers too, although hers was a little adapted.

1 450g pack lean steak mince, 1 finely chopped onion, 1 crushed and chopped garlic clove, few splashes of worcester sauce, 1 egg. Mush it all up with your hands and shape into burgers. I made 4 quite big ones but you could probably make 6 mid sized ones. Then fried slowly in a non stick pan with spray oil. I do them slowly because I don't like any pink in the middle, and my daughters was as above without the onion and garlic. I had mine in a wholemeal bun (healthy extra) with a slice of bacon, my healthy extra cheese, and a splodge of salsa (1/2 syn for 2 tablespoons but I only used 1)

I put a bit of cumin in burgers it's delicious.

I've never been successful with cuttings, though I've never tried a rose, you must have green fingers.

Your diary is looking good - keep it up and you should have a good week x

I put a bit of cumin in burgers it's delicious.

I've never been successful with cuttings, though I've never tried a rose, you must have green fingers.

Your diary is looking good - keep it up and you should have a good week x

Thank you. Mandy I don`t really have greenfingers, I only did it cause my neighbour does. If you like roses give it a try. A thickish bit is best not a thin flimsy bit. 8 of 10 work in damp soil, keep it watered.:flowers:

Back