NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Lots of good food there Cloudy6 and the walking too. Not too good at walking at the moment.

But u've been busy in the garden and clearing things out - SW say housework and gardening counts as body magic!

Popping in to say hello and wishing everyone a good on plan day! I'm off out for a bit - will catch up with u all later!

Hi everybody. I had to go to the council offices today to sort out some paperwork with them. It is where by SW class is so popped in for a coffee. Well a friend of mine was there so let the coffee get cold and got weighed first. As my scales said I lost 1/2lb. Am ok with it though. This week I basically only planted the new roses etc. and that was hard work. The rest of the time except one walk to the cafe for tea w Did go to town as out by car or just sitting down watching tele and falling asleep. So not really much body magic this week. I did go to town with my niece on Tuesday which was a little walking, really and I sat every moment I could.

Anyway I was speaking to Jayne my SW consultant who said I should see the doctor. Nah I thought, that is not necessary. When I spoke to my friend about how I am feeling lately she also suggested the doctor and gently said that she thought that she knew what was wrong. She said that she thought I had been very flat the last few times she had seen me and it was getting worse. She suggested depression. I do take tablets for that anyway but phoned the doc. He rang me and had a chat and he agreed with my friend and told me to double up on my tablets as from today. He felt that he could tell on the phone how flat I was so I agreed that I did not need to go to surgery and to let him know if I had any problems with doubling up the tabs.
Well we will see how it goes, I am really fed up feeling so down. Faye and Flynn will be here this weekend, Paradise Park with Flynn I expect. That may be hard, but we don`t have to stay all day.

Long update, hope you didn`t get bored.

Upndown how is Poppy doing now? Food later

Hi Everyone - hope u've all had a good on plan day - I had a manic day - not long had eve meal! Didn't stop me from obsessing about food tho - why do I do that???

Syns - 8.5 - gone over - unexpectedly had to buy lunch on the move - brandy 2.5, wrap 6 (usually SW only wrap which is usually HEB but have to syn on the challenge
No brekkie - mistake I know but cdn't be helped
Snacks: banana, cherries and grapes
Lunch: wrap - chicken - salad leaves, cherry toms, cress
Tea: haddock, lettuce, cucumber, cress, yellow pepper, radish, spring onions, beet, pickled onions, balsamic vinegar (tried to make up for lunch!)

Here's to a good day for us all 2moro!

Last edited:
Hi everybody. I had to go to the council offices today to sort out some paperwork with them. It is where by SW class is so popped in for a coffee. Well a friend of mine was there so let the coffee get cold and got weighed first. As my scales said I lost 1/2lb. Am ok with it though. This week I basically only planted the new roses etc. and that was hard work. The rest of the time except one walk to the cafe for tea w Did go to town as out by car or just sitting down watching tele and falling asleep. So not really much body magic this week. I did go to town with my niece on Tuesday which was a little walking, really and I sat every moment I could.

Anyway I was speaking to Jayne my SW consultant who said I should see the doctor. Nah I thought, that is not necessary. When I spoke to my friend about how I am feeling lately she also suggested the doctor and gently said that she thought that she knew what was wrong. She said that she thought I had been very flat the last few times she had seen me and it was getting worse. She suggested depression. I do take tablets for that anyway but phoned the doc. He rang me and had a chat and he agreed with my friend and told me to double up on my tablets as from today. He felt that he could tell on the phone how flat I was so I agreed that I did not need to go to surgery and to let him know if I had any problems with doubling up the tabs.
Well we will see how it goes, I am really fed up feeling so down. Faye and Flynn will be here this weekend, Paradise Park with Flynn I expect. That may be hard, but we don`t have to stay all day.

Definitely NOT bored, just concerned and glad that you rang the doc and getting your meds changed, it could quickly make a difference.
Sleep tight and hopefully a good rest will help get you feeling more positive too. I'll be popping by in the morning for sure, to see how you are. I might not have been posting on here for that long but already it feels like I've known you for much longer.
nightie night, i'm off to read for a bit too. x

Edited to put a NOT in, upndown, it must have stuck in my mind!!

Last edited:

Oh Doreen - I was very sorry to hear ur depressed - clever of ur friend to spot that and I'm glad u took her advice to ring the doc. I really hope that the increase in tablets work for u - depression is a terrible thing - both my sisters suffer from it but a lot of ppl don't understand how difficult it is to live with. Notice u haven't posted ur food - perhaps ur tired and gone to bed - if so, hope ur feel better for the rest - which as Cloudy says will help u to recover? Like her I'll be popping to 'see' u each day.

Please don't even think we'd be bored with ur post - just glad u told us - we're all here to support one another and altho' we've never met - I feel as if I know u and it's lovely to pop in and read ur posts - I love ur humour!!

I think u did well to lose the half pound partic as ur feeling low - and as Texty F here says - half a pound is a block of lard and who wdn't want to lose one of those off their bum, tum, under the bra strap area, under where the knicker elastic is or in fact anywhere at all - cos it means the fat is coming off YAY!!

I'm glad the children are coming over - u'll get a lift I hope from seeing them. Poppy is doing very well indeed but she's been tired - so only went to school for half a day today and maybe the same 2moro - she loves that of course! Thx for asking - ur a caring person - I can tell from ur posts.

Take care Doreen and look forward to seeing ur family :family2::wavey::flowers::bighug:xxxxx

Last edited:
Oh Doreen - I was very sorry to hear ur depressed - clever of ur friend to spot that and I'm glad u took her advice to ring the doc. I really hope that the increase in tablets work for u - depression is a terrible thing - both my sisters suffer from it but a lot of ppl don't understand how difficult it is to live with. Notice u haven't posted ur food - perhaps ur tired and gone to bed - if so, hope ur feel better for the rest - which as Cloudy says will help u to recover? Like her I'll be popping to 'see' u each day.

Please don't even think we'd be bored with ur post - just glad u told us - we're all here to support one another and altho' we've never met - I feel as if I know u and it's lovely to pop in and read ur posts - I love ur humour!!

I think u did well to lose the half pound partic as ur feeling low - and as Texty F here says - half a pound is a block of lard and who wdn't want to lose one of those off their bum, tum, under the bra strap area, under where the knicker elastic is or in fact anywhere at all - cos it means the fat is coming off YAY!!

I'm glad the children are coming over - u'll get a lift I hope from seeing them. Poppy is doing very well indeed but she's been tired - so only went to school for half a day today and maybe the same 2moro - she loves that of course! Thx for asking - ur a caring person - I can tell from ur posts.

Take care Doreen and look forward to seeing ur family :family2::wavey::flowers::bighug:xxxxx

Thank you so much for your lovely reply to my post. It is great when people understand. Thanks for the hug and flowers. It means a lot.
So glad that Poppy is getting on well. I know she is precious to you.

I did feel a little better last night but had a binge. Went to the Zumba class this morning but ended up staying in the car. I didn`t want to dance as soon as I heard the music then I felt like somebody had taken the batteries out of my body and then put a band round my head. I did go to lunch with two of my friends from sw class. It was their treat and they
bought me a new nighty because I had said I needed one. So lovely.

I am going to Morrison`s this evening as I got a £5 voucher for fruit and veg with no minimum spend. In fact I have two. Have to go this evening when traffic died down a bit as I am sure Flynn won`t want to go shopping when hr gets here tomorrow.

Did I mention that Faye got 3rd place for her solo song and dance at the dance festival at the weekend. Don`t know if you have seen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, well she did the part of Varuka Salts, the girl who was a bad egg. So proud. I am going to see her in her school play Wednesday. Don`t remember what it is about but she has the lead part. Also the weekend after next I am going to see the show that her dance school is putting on.

I am going to do another post with my food xxx

Thursday 3rd July
hexas milk and philly cheese
hexbs 2 bread and 90g ham

B: large mushroom omelette 2 toast.
Snack banana
D: Fried corgette mushrooms chilli flakes in pasta and xl philly
2 jellies (3) fromage frais ........... was ok till here then went silly.

4 wm rolls (24) ham on a green day syns

Friday 4th July. My Dad would be having his 100th birthday today. Sad he is not here.

hexa milk 2 bread
B: 2 eggs on 2 toast.

L: Small battered fish, new potatoes in butter, peas with mint and very small salad. Was lovely Oh had a glass of wine too. I was going to be good, but decided to have what I wanted instead.

D: ham, mash tomatoes I think

Too many syns for 2 days. I might have been a bit more enthusiastic if I had lost more than 1/2lb. Never mind, kinda back on it tonight. Definitely tomorrow. I will make up a lunch box for Paradise Park.

Nosey me read your reply to upndown :eek: but what lovely friends you have, treating you to lunch out and buying a new nightie too. It's lovely to have friends like that and sounds like you need some treats (preferably of the non fattening kind lol) :)
I wish we had a Morrisons near here as that is a great deal! Hope you can pick up some extra nice fruit and veg, maybe something you wouldn't normally splash out on.
I LOVE Willie Wonka, so well done to your grandaughter for her award. It's lovely to go and see them perform, so enjoy that.

I'm off to have some food now. We went on a very very long walk today and it's been really hot, so hoping it's melted off a few extra calories hehe. It was also my WI day today and I'm down another 2lbs so very happy with that.

Well done Cloudy on that weight loss. 2lb is great. That has given me a bit of a spur to be back on plan.
I reckon a long walk may just have melted some. Imagining you with melted fat running down your body.

:eek:

Yuk, that is a disgusting image in my mind.... though it would be useful if it actually happened :)

Your lunch sounded lovely. :D You could think of it as a birthday celebration in honour of your lovely Dad :)

That is a disgusting image, sorry to put that in your mind.
I have prepared some sw scotch eggs to take out tomorrow for my lunch some cold boiled spuds and fruit.
I have only got Flynn till Mum finishes work as Dad is home in time to pick up Faye from dancing and he is not working Sunday. But I am going up for Fayes show and staying a couple of days.

That's nice - seeing the family shd give u a lift - are u feeling any brighter today? x

Thank you so much for your lovely reply to my post. It is great when people understand. Thanks for the hug and flowers. It means a lot.
So glad that Poppy is getting on well. I know she is precious to you.

I did feel a little better last night but had a binge. Went to the Zumba class this morning but ended up staying in the car. I didn`t want to dance as soon as I heard the music then I felt like somebody had taken the batteries out of my body and then put a band round my head. I did go to lunch with two of my friends from sw class. It was their treat and they
bought me a new nighty because I had said I needed one. So lovely.

I am going to Morrison`s this evening as I got a £5 voucher for fruit and veg with no minimum spend. In fact I have two. Have to go this evening when traffic died down a bit as I am sure Flynn won`t want to go shopping when hr gets here tomorrow.

Did I mention that Faye got 3rd place for her solo song and dance at the dance festival at the weekend. Don`t know if you have seen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, well she did the part of Varuka Salts, the girl who was a bad egg. So proud. I am going to see her in her school play Wednesday. Don`t remember what it is about but she has the lead part. Also the weekend after next I am going to see the show that her dance school is putting on.

I am going to do another post with my food xxx

Good to hear u met ur friends and hope u felt brighter having the nightie as a gift? Never mind about the Zumba - that was a big ask right now.

Don't worry about the binge - focus on getting better - it's more important right now.

Well Faye's a little star isn't she - well done to her for her award and bet ur looking forward to seeing her in the school play - leading lady hey - watch this space!!

Take care Doreen xx

Yuk, that is a disgusting image in my mind.... though it would be useful if it actually happened :)

Your lunch sounded lovely. :D You could think of it as a birthday celebration in honour of your lovely Dad :)

Sometimes disgusting images are good for us I think - they're powerful reminders to keep at this dieting and exercise lark!!

Hi Doreen :bighug: hope ur feeling brighter this morning?

Have u planned ur food for the weekend I wonder - enjoy it whatever ur eating and doing.

It's a bit dull here weatherwise but a fair bit of blue in the sky - we had a very windy night but just a breeze this morning.

We're off to a fancy dress party tonight (cowboy theme !!!!) the hosts are a young couple - my daughter in law's cousin and his wife - so very kind of them to invite us - will probably struggle with resisting the food :eat: but will do my best :fingerscrossed: and won't have a dessert :eek:

Will pop in again soon - hope Cloudy has a good day too nearly there on the challenge but tonight will be a challenge in itself for me LOL!! xx

That is a disgusting image, sorry to put that in your mind.
I have prepared some sw scotch eggs to take out tomorrow for my lunch some cold boiled spuds and fruit.
I have only got Flynn till Mum finishes work as Dad is home in time to pick up Faye from dancing and he is not working Sunday. But I am going up for Fayes show and staying a couple of days.

Hehe, it is a GOOD disgusting image, if you see what I mean. I've often looked at a pack of lard in the supermarket and thought how many of those I am carrying around spread over my body. yuk!
Your packed lunch sounds yummy, I do hope you have a super day out with Flynn and then staying after Faye's show, I'm sure you'll have a great time. :) Will look forward to hearing all about it.

Sometimes disgusting images are good for us I think - they're powerful reminders to keep at this dieting and exercise lark!!

Too right, as I've said up there, or maybe down there lol, about the lard, it puts me off eating really fattening stuff (most of the time) :)

Hi Doreen :bighug: hope ur feeling brighter this morning?

Have u planned ur food for the weekend I wonder - enjoy it whatever ur eating and doing.

It's a bit dull here weatherwise but a fair bit of blue in the sky - we had a very windy night but just a breeze this morning.

We're off to a fancy dress party tonight (cowboy theme !!!!) the hosts are a young couple - my daughter in law's cousin and his wife - so very kind of them to invite us - will probably struggle with resisting the food :eat: but will do my best :fingerscrossed: and won't have a dessert :eek:

Will pop in again soon - hope Cloudy has a good day too nearly there on the challenge but tonight will be a challenge in itself for me LOL!! xx

Yeehawww, to Cowgirl Upndown... sounds lots of fun, just hope you did manage to find something to eat that won't make you sabotage your amazing effort this week on the Salad Challenge. Keep away from those sticky, sweet desserts, yes!

I've had a great day, been pretty busy but also managed to fit in a four mile walk and drank loads of water/NAS orange squash, even had to use the 'bush loo' in the woods, as I was busting! lol, sorry TMI there but luckily no one else around, apart from hubby. Well I hope not anyway!

Good luck for tomorrow too and looking forward to Mondays results. :D

Back