NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Morning Ladies. Have a lovely day, getting warm here already and forecast is for hot, hot and hotter :/

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes a fab day - doesn't it make u feel better?

Hi - Hope everyone's had a good day?? If not - have a good talking to urself and get back on by b'fast 2moro!! Oooh where did that authority pop up from???:rolleyes: only joking - well half so - if anyone's struggling - keep posting and we'll support u x

I weighed in 2lbs lighter - thanks to the salad challenge - I've now lost the gain plus another half pound - so v grateful to Kay for putting on the challenge.

It was my granddaughter's Isabel's b'day last week and she asked to stay tonight - as she's now 13 she celebrated with her friends - no tea parties for her now she says - but I bought her a cake today and she loved blowing out the candles - just with my hubby, my son and Poppy - she wdn't want her friends to know I bet! And I had a fat slice as my WI treat!!

Here's how the rest of the food went:

Brunch: bacon salad, ff yog with seeds (HEB) and chopped banana
Snack: cherries and strawbs
Tea: lamb steak and salad, half tsp light mayo 1 syn? mixed with ff yog and rice vinegar

(EDITED FROM HERE)

Choc b'day cake - 22 SYNS!!

TOTAL SYNS = 23

So now I'll have to restrict myself to a total of 7 syns on Weds & Thurs - which'll average out at 10 syns each day for Tues, Weds & Thurs - that'll teach me to check syns
BEFORE eating things!

Last edited:
Morning everyone - hope it's a good day for all of us!!

Morning peeps... another hot one here, so I'm trying to get the boring chores done early. Just keep getting distracted by my pickle of a granddaughter 12wks old and just learnt to giggle, it's so funny.
Have a super day ;)

Morning peeps... another hot one here, so I'm trying to get the boring chores done early. Just keep getting distracted by my pickle of a granddaughter 12wks old and just learnt to giggle, it's so funny.
Have a super day ;)

Aah it's lovely to have a baby in the house - sounds like she's at a cute stage too!

Uh-Oh! I've just calculated the syns in that cake I gobbled up yest! A flipping whopping 22!! Why didn't I check first?? I'll borrow Doreen's line ______________ I'll go and edit my food for yesterday now :wave_cry:

So won't be having that bacon and egg butty I fancied for lunch then - just the bacon and egg - can't face another salad! ....and perhaps some fresh air to follow!

Last edited:
My late Dad gave me a tip about weeds on drives and paths - it's cheap, environmentally friendly and easy too - sprinkle a generous amount of salt on them and in a few days they'll have died right down to the root - salt in Lidl sells at 17p a packet - so u can kill a lot of weeds for a £1!!!

I think you told me that before and I had forgotten. Will give that a try on the back garden path. Maybe it will work on the moss on the path. Will give that a try too.

Have a super day ;)

How lovely to have a baby in the house, what is her name.

Uh-Oh! I've just calculated the syns in that cake I gobbled up yest! A flipping whopping 22!! Why didn't I check first?? I'll borrow Doreen's line ______________ I'll go and edit my food for yesterday now :wave_cry:

So won't be having that bacon and egg butty I fancied for lunch then - just the bacon and egg - can't face another salad! ....and perhaps some fresh air to follow!

Gobbled cake/s myself. They sell them off cheap at the co-op, 3 of them and a pk of jam tarts for 45p. Again why!!! Will have to take my line back again - sorry ____________________________
Been ok today had eggs on toast for breakfast and jacket spuds for dinner, Only syns was mayo. Still dinner tho`. Gonna have it as late as I can then go to bed early. Was up at 6.20 making coffee for DIL before she went to work. She stayed here last night. Nice to have some company. I had already eaten the cakes. So greedy and weak. Trying not to beat myself up. Have been sitting about most of the day apart from doing the washing and washing the kitchen floor. Oh and of course "speaking" to my friends on here.

My late Dad gave me a tip about weeds on drives and paths - it's cheap, environmentally friendly and easy too - sprinkle a generous amount of salt on them and in a few days they'll have died right down to the root - salt in Lidl sells at 17p a packet - so u can kill a lot of weeds for a £1!!!

Think I'll pop out and try it on our drive, there are some very persistent weeds on there and the cracks are too small to dig the roots out. :)

Oooh I'm the same with the religious callers - my hubby on the other hand has a discussion on the doorstep - while I'm red faced hiding inside!!

I do get a bit fed up when the same people come again a month or so later. If I wasn't about to change my religion a few weeks ago, then I'm not about to change my mind. Have to say if I see them coming I just don't open the door :)

Oooh I'm the same with the religious callers - my hubby on the other hand has a discussion on the doorstep - while I'm red faced hiding inside!!

One of my sons used to do that. My dear old Dad used to invite them in. Redfaced or what?!!:eek:

Gobbled cake/s myself. They sell them off cheap at the co-op, 3 of them and a pk of jam tarts for 45p. Again why!!! Will have to take my line back again - sorry ____________________________ Been ok today had eggs on toast for breakfast and jacket spuds for dinner, Only syns was mayo. Still dinner tho`. Gonna have it as late as I can then go to bed early. Was up at 6.20 making coffee for DIL before she went to work. She stayed here last night. Nice to have some company. I had already eaten the cakes. So greedy and weak. Trying not to beat myself up. Have been sitting about most of the day apart from doing the washing and washing the kitchen floor. Oh and of course "speaking" to my friends on here.

No point beating yourself up, the deed is done. We all do it from time to time and then get that big pencil out.
I'm having a doing chores day, too hot for much though. Enjoy the rest while you can!

Wednesday 16th July

Hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: 2eggs 2 toast coffee
L: jacket spuds, ham x l mayo ( 2syns I reckon)
D: Savoury mince, onion broccoli cumin powder boiled spuds oxo cubes

Hi everyone - just in the middle of cooking the meal - chilli - so posting for Cloudy and anyone who fancies it - simple but the best chilli recipe I've cooked - and it's not down to my cooking skills - I'm a basic cook!

Ingredients:

1 large onion diced - 2 garlic cloves - 450g v lean mince or Quorn (used Quorn today no-one here knows the difference! - 1 tbsp. chopped thyme - 1 beef stock cube - 1 red pepper, sliced - 1 small red chilli (I used powder today & a bit of a dried chilli) - 400g tin chopped toms - 400g tin kidney beans - 300ml passata - 1 tbsp tom puree - salt & freshly ground pepper - chopped fresh parsley to garnish

1. Heat a non stick pan - dry fry onion and garlic until soft. Add the mince/quorn and thyme and continue cooking to brown the mince/quorn.
2. Sprinkle the stock cube over the mince, then add the red pepper, chilli, tomatoes, kidney beans, passata and puree.
3. Simmer gently for 25 mins until the sauce has thickened and the beef/quorn is tender. Season with S & P. Serve with parsley garnish.

Thanks very much, I wonder if I could sneak the quorn past my hubby, he is a confirmed carnivore. We had savoury mince tonight too Doreen, with a little pasta for them but I just had loads of veg with mine. I have a cappuchino mullerlight yogurt to eat when I've watered outside and my 3sqs of DairyMilk :)

I love my mince but would miss the potatoes. I love them.

I am having a coffee then going to bed, by 9 anyway at the very latest. I am so tired, got up too early.
Got lots to do tomorrow have DIL mum here on Friday. Faye & DIL before show on Saturday and Flynn & son most of Sunday till show again. They will all be gone by 6pm Sunday so Sunday morning I can start the washing of bed linen ready for Andy on Wednesday.

Goodnight guys, thanks for the recipe Upndown.

I think you told me that before and I had forgotten. Will give that a try on the back garden path. Maybe it will work on the moss on the path. Will give that a try too.

Hi - yes the salt does work on moss but moss is a bit more persistent than leafy weeds!

Back