NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I am putting down the food I ate while away.
Friday
B: 2 eggs, 2 toast, toms mush extra bread 2.5 SYNS
L: 5 sausages baked beans eggs pineappe
D: M&S roasted veg lasagne 2 SYNS toms lettuce gherkins salad cream 2 SYNS
2 plums
Later
2 bread 5 SYNS butter 2 SYNS cheese 4.5 SYNS
TOTAL SYNS AROUND 19.

Sat 16th
B: 2 toast 2 eggs baked beans
L: 2 nuggets few chips
D: pork boiled spud runners broccoli.
Gatlic bread 1 slice, mint choc biscuit

Sunday 17th
B: 2 eggs 2 toasr beans cheese
D: lamb roast spud small yorkshire broc cauli carrot gravy
Choc gateau small vienette.

Mon 18th
B: 2 eggs 2 toast spaghetti 2 more toast
L: Pasta and cheese 4 cream crackers
D: Corned beef sarni with butter

Tues 19th
2 toast 2 eggs.,
L M&S roasted veg lasagne with toms
D: ditto
3 bananas
4 toast cheese

Blimey - we'll have to start calling you Saint Doreen - that's amazing to do so well whilst you're away - you're in the groove now - making me feel like a piggy wiggy! I'm doing ok - but having more than you!

Blimey - we'll have to start calling you Saint Doreen - that's amazing to do so well whilst you're away - you're in the groove now - making me feel like a piggy wiggy! I'm doing ok - but having more than you!

Believe you me I ain`t a saint. In the last 2 weeks---bearing in mind the last time I weighed was in the evening, this week the morning . the scales showed the same figure. I am losing hope I will ever get there. Don`t panic I am staying.
__________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________
That is my latest line -
Have decided to try and give up bread as again last night I had four sandwiches after dinner. I am going to try red and green days - not too much fruit as some of it puts my sugars up. Mind you had 3 bananas today :rolleyes:

Friday 22nd August ............. RED DAY

Hexa 350ml skimmed milk
hexb potato - 250g
hexb potato - 250g

B: Sort of frittata. 72g boiled spud, 2 bacon, 3 eggs. Missed the bread - not so filling. (late 11.10am)
L: 2 bananas 2 coffee
snack banana & coffee
D: 2 loin pork chops. broccoli, cauliflower, 300g boiled spud 2 tspns gravy grans
(2 syns)
1 biscuit 2
syns 1 cream cracker 2 syns

Still hungry so 2 boiled eggs, 120g spud and tomato. and a large coffee.

TOTAL SYNS 6

Last edited:
I used to be a real bread lover too Doreen but must say, after doing the Salad Challenge I have found that it filled me up far more than a sandwich. Trouble is, it IS a lot more expensive but I'm trying to buy whatever is on offer and pad it out with tomatoes, peppers and lettuce from the garden, along with either cheese (hex) or ham, sometimes tuna or cold chicken if I have some leftover. I don't miss the bread if I have lots of salad and surprisingly it does fill me up for longer.
Mind you, I watched The Great British Bake Off the other evening and they were making all kinds of bread and rolls and I would have loved to get my hands on most of it, yum! :rolleyes:

I've had 2 cakes so far - really lovely - sorry no pics! Hope you're doing ok too? I've def put some weight on - but I've not had to compromise the French with my nudity (yet!) xx

Lucky you re the lovely French cakes - though I will be indulging in a slice of my grandson's (4th) birthday cake tomorrow and no doubt a few extra syns on other party nibbles. We also went out for a meal yesterday and I went way over syns, so was surprised at my Weigh In today, to see 1lb off (guess it would have been more had I not blown it yesterday but that's ok, it was lovely). We will be out on Sunday too but at a Carvery, so I'm hoping to stick to meat and veg and maybe saved syns for a small pud if I fancy one, we'll see. ;)

I am not really a great salad lover Cloudy, not in large quantities anyway. I do have some baby lettuce in the fridge I will have some with my evening snack. Got to be better than all that bread. I like salad cream for a dressing, will have to look into that.

I didn't think I liked salad that much but I've tried to ring the changes and have lots of different bits ie some fresh herbs, radishes, baby spinach leaves, salad onions, chopped peppers that I grow in pots and pick when still quite small, plus occasionally gherkins or pickled onions, to liven it up a bit. I grew three pots of what they call 'cut and come again' lettuce mix and its been really good, though one lot has started to go to seed a bit now as I didn't cut it quickly enough.
I also bought some fat free french dressing with chilli peppers and herbs, which was surprisingly tasty. No doubt I'll get bored with it eventually but while I can carry on, I will and the bonus is, I can save my Hex B allowance to use for something else. :)

I will look out for some fat free french dressing. Thanks for the info Cloudy.

RED DAY SATURDAY 23RD AUGUST

Hexa 350ml skimmed milk
Hexb 230g boiled spud with skin

B: 2 bananas and coffee

L: lettuce ham tomato onion crab sticks with sauce
Syns for lunch mayo & ketchup for sauce 3syns. Salad cream 2 syn = 5 syns

Snack banana 1/2 mullerlite. coffee

D: Beef, carrot & onion casserole. broccoli, cauli boiled spuds with skin. gravy 2
Followed by grapes
Syns for dinner 2tsp gravy grans (2syns)

7 syns so far 1.1/2 for jelly 8.1/2 syns total

Not sure if there will be anything else.

Jelly with frozen fruit 1/2 muller, 2 boiled eggs and crab sticks.
Didn`t use h/e A No. 2

Last edited:
nomnomnom... I fancy a stew now. might need to plan one for Monday or Tuesday you've made my mouth water. xx

send one my way please. My diner was naff. I did the chicken herby bake tray from the mag, it smelt nice and looked nice but I really didn't like it. So Im now craving something nice to eat.

send one my way please. My diner was naff. I did the chicken herby bake tray from the mag, it smelt nice and looked nice but I really didn't like it. So Im now craving something nice to eat.

Sorry Bubble I am afraid Kent is just a little too far for me to drive. I must say I really prefer plain cooking rather than some of the stuff SW come up with. I might have liver & bacon tomorrow with veg and chips and onion gravy.
Breakfast I think will be eggs bacon, mush toms and a small amount of fried potato --------- no bread yet.

Hope I am not making your mouth water again.

RED DAY SUNDAY 24TH AUGUST ------- PLAN FOR TODAY.

Hexa 350ml milk.
hexb 230g potato with skin hexb 230g spud with skin

B: 80g spud fried with 2 eggs, bacon toms & mushrooms. black pudding 20g (3syns)

S: banana & % greek yogurt.

L: 2 bananas and greek yogurt.

D: Small amount of liver & two sausages ( 2 syns) with lots s/w chips. Onion gravy 2tspn bisto powder (2 syns)
carrots.
followed by frozen fruit & greek yogurt.

snack 2 bananas and coffee

Syns so far 7

Last edited:
Wow, go Nanny D! Look at that salad, perfect and your dinner too... I love liver and bacon but don't have it that often as no one else here likes it and moan about the smell of it cooking lol. You've had an excellent day food wise. Did you get out and about anywhere today?
We ate out at a carvery with family but I stuck with chicken/beef and loads of veg, didn't even have a pudding, though I'd picked one beforehand on the menu, I was too full of meat and veg to need it. Have had my usual choccy ration this evening and watching The Mill, then off to bed with my Kindle, to see if I can finish the book I'm reading. :)

I forgot the bacon Cloudy :cry: was too late when I realised. I had eaten the dinner.
I didn`t have salad after all today, you must have looked just before I took lunch off my day.
I got up at 5am because my head was talking to me, then went back at 7am - was hungry and I thought it was too early to eat and woke again at 11am. I did have some yesterday and actually enjoyed it with the crab sticks. I will have salad tomorrow lunch though.
I did get out for about a 20 minute walk then cut the grass, which I did 3 times as it had not be cut for a few weeks. and hoovered upstairs. A little body magic there. Tomorrow if it is nice I intend to do some weeding, not done for a few weeks again. I did it just before Andy came from NZ and not since.

Good choosing on the carvery. No yorkshire pud, what about spuds? Well done not having pudding.

Gonna have a coffee now and would like not to be in bed too late. Dark nights drawing in -- I don`t like it.

Shock, horror! Forgot the bacon?! Oh no!

Lol, you'll just have to have it again soon to use bacon as well ;)

Ah, yes I see now you'd removed the salad. Never mind,aybe you'll fancy it today. It's 'orrible weather though for a Bank Holiday, p'ing down with rain and a lot more forecast. Well done on all the gardening, I certainly won't be doing that today though I do have a pile of ironing and should Hoover through later. :)

Hope you have a good day, I don't like it when the evenings start getting darker either :(

Ps. No spuds or yorkies, I was pretty surprised myself but was busy talking to everyone and really enjoyed my meat and veg, so didnt feel at all deprived. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Last edited:
Was up really by 5am today. Woke & couldn`t get back to sleep. Head on overtime again. Had breakfast at 7am because I was hungry. Eggs bacon mushrooms toms. I then fell asleep in the chair and woke around 9.30.

I went down to the town to get some loo rolls in one of the cheap chemist type shops. 18 pack of quilted for £3.95. Of course I went around the other shops and spent some more money. Of course it was pouring with rain but didn`t get too wet. No weeding today of course. Just a little housework. :mad:

Got some mullerlites 6 pack for £2.00.

Oh and will be having salad today, tummy is rumbling and it is nearly 12 so will have some lunch

Hmm, I have that problem too... waking up, brain starts working but body doesn't really want to! Sometimes getting up and making a cup of tea works, at other times I just give in and get up and read my Kindle or something. Doesn't help if you're hungry too but I hate eating too early, I just seem to want to carry on then. :rolleyes:
At least you got a bit more sleep later on, hope you didn't wake with a stiff neck or anything, sometimes that happens in a chair. :sigh:

We've had rain all day too, it has completely filled a huge newly installed water butt that we only put there yesterday and its only on the downpipe from a short piece of gutter! Not that the garden will need watering for a day or so lol, it's tipping down. Glad you got some bargains, that makes it more worthwhile getting wet and parting with your money lol.
I ended up having soup today, followed by a sw style cheesecake, which was yummy but a bit too soft (Tesco own quark isn't as thick as some others). Think I'm doing Beef Hotpot for dinner, with carrots and chinese leaves.

I've actually got around to starting a diary.... about time too. Its here if you wanted to pop over at any time and have a looksee :eek:
http://www.minimins.com/silver-membe...somewhere.html

No stiff neck, just aching legs. Mind you I get them even when been in bed all night. It is still raining here too. Have just started cooking for dinner. Been watching a lot of tv.

Monday 25th August. Another red day

Hexa 350ml skimmed milk. hexa2 - 3 cheese triangles.
Hexb 230g potato and 150g baked beans

B: Eggs, bacon, tomato and mushrooms.

L: Sainsbury 1/4lb burger - cold - (1 syn) lettuce, tomato baby beets, pickled onions, 3 cheese triangles h/e.
Salad cream (3 syns)
Lunch 4 syns.

D: cottage pie. mince, onion, green pepper, oxo cubes, tomato puree carrots 150g baked beans h/e
cauli broccolli 230g boiled spud with skin on.

Later banana & Mullerlight

4 syns so far ....gonna have a Baileys coffee later 25ml will do 4 syns
Will be 8 total syns.

I had the Baileys coffee, lovely. before that I had a lime jelly with banana in. (1.1/2)

9 syns for the day.

Last edited:
Back