NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Yay for Salad :) I was really surprised at that too Doreen, it kept me full much longer than a sandwich. I think the trick is to ring the changes, different things with it (chicken, tuna, egg, ham, fish etc) and try and include as many salady things as possible, lots of different colours and textures, so you don't just see it as 'boring salad'. I'm still having it several times a week. I don't like salad cream but use either very light mayonnaise or fat free french dressing.
Mine will probably be an asda salad bowl today :)

You're doing well on the salad challenges - ur success is inspiring me to do one myself soon - think I need to get back into the main plan first tho'!!

WELCOME BACK UPNDOWN. :wavey::flowers: so good to hear from you again. Have missed you. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Good idea about the scales, back on plan order of the day eh?

I had 21 likes when I logged on just now, most of them from yourself. Thanks for all your comments, they mean a lot.
I had to put down my confessions or I would just carry on doing it, and YES slimmer of the week since I don`t know when.
I glad my loss has given you some motivation.

Was out with my brother from 10-2.30, lots of chat. Did us both good and we both took our own lunch and just bought coffee.

Lots of washing I expect now you are home .... down with a bang. Gonna be sunny tomorrow.

Once again glad your back.

xxxx

You're doing well on the salad challenges - ur success is inspiring me to do one myself soon - think I need to get back into the main plan first tho'!!

Yoohoo, lovely to see your name coming up again :) I'm not doing the Salad Challenge now but still eating lots of it, including today lol. I am going to do Kay's soup challenge at the end of the month though, hoping to lose some more and I love soups. Am going to get going and fill the freezer ready so I can have lots of different ones.

Good luck with the rest of catching up, it must take ages, lots to read. :)

Food for today.

Tuesday 2nd September ------------ green day

hexa`s milk and 40g l/f cheddar cheese
hexb`s 90g ham and 40g l/f cheddar cheese.

Brunch
Roasted veg from yesterday, pasta & 20g cheese .
1/2 hexaMullerlight and a pear

Dinner

Mashed spud, runner beans. 1/2 hexa and 1 hexb
2 mullerlight.

Will have a Baileys coffee too 4 syns

Was out with my brother from 10-2.30, lots of chat. Did us both good and we both took our own lunch and just bought coffee.

Lots of washing I expect now you are home .... down with a bang. Gonna be sunny tomorrow.

xxxx

Sounds like you've had a good day with your brother and not so expensive when you just had to buy coffee.
It IS good to see Linda back isn't it and hopefully she'll soon be posting lots of lovely losses on her scales :)

Sounds like you've had a good day with your brother and not so expensive when you just had to buy coffee.
It IS good to see Linda back isn't it and hopefully she'll soon be posting lots of lovely losses on her scales :)

Thanks for your kind welcome back Cloudy - yes I hope I'll be posting some losses soon - but I won't have lost an ounce after yesterday (which should have been my first day on plan - but too much bread and syns!!)

Glad you had a good day out with your brother yesterday Doreen - another nice day weather wise here - I hope it is with you all xx

Food for today.

Tuesday 2nd September ------------ green day

hexa`s milk and 40g l/f cheddar cheese
hexb`s 90g ham and 40g l/f cheddar cheese.

Brunch
Roasted veg from yesterday, pasta & 20g cheese .
1/2 hexaMullerlight and a pear

Dinner

Mashed spud, runner beans. 1/2 hexa and 1 hexb
2 mullerlight.

Will have a Baileys coffee too 4 syns

Another great day Doreen - looks like you'll have another good loss this week!!

WELCOME BACK UPNDOWN. :wavey::flowers: so good to hear from you again. Have missed you. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Good idea about the scales, back on plan order of the day eh?

I had 21 likes when I logged on just now, most of them from yourself. Thanks for all your comments, they mean a lot.
I had to put down my confessions or I would just carry on doing it, and YES slimmer of the week since I don`t know when.
I glad my loss has given you some motivation.

xxxx

Thanks for your lovely welcome back Doreen - yes washing to do! Failed to stick to the plan yesterday but so far so good today!! Glad you enjoyed your day out with your brother - it's good to be back catching up and posting!! xx

Yoohoo, lovely to see your name coming up again :) I'm not doing the Salad Challenge now but still eating lots of it, including today lol. I am going to do Kay's soup challenge at the end of the month though, hoping to lose some more and I love soups. Am going to get going and fill the freezer ready so I can have lots of different ones.

Good luck with the rest of catching up, it must take ages, lots to read. :)

Yes it's good to be back on Minis!! I like soup too - so that'd be more suitable by the time I can face a challenge!! Yes it's taking a while to catch up - it'll take a few day all told - but enjoyable and inspiring!!

Another great day Doreen - looks like you'll have another good loss this week!!

Mmmm one would hope so (one - that`s the royal bit) my scales not looking too good tho1. I wiill just carry on as I am sticking to plan

Wednesday 3rd September RED DAY

hexa`s milk
hexb`s 230g potato and skin. Baked beans I think

B: bacon eggs mush & toms coffee

L: Salad - lettuce, carrot, toms. sainsbury burgers. (2syns) x lite mayo (30ml 1 syn)
2 pears coffee.

D: beef/carrot/onion casserole from freezer. Spuds h/e b
broccoli cauli. gravy.
Fruit.

Syns. burgers - 2. mayo - 1. gravy - 1. Baileys coffee 4.

8 syns so far

hexa`s milk

L: Salad - lettuce, carrot, toms. sainsbury burgers. (2syns) x lite mayo (30ml 1 syn)
2 pears coffee.

broccoli cauli. gravy.
Fruit.

8 syns so far

Good food day for you Doreen. I had a really busy day sorting out daughter's loft and really couldn't face cooking much this evening. Hubby and daughter got oven baked fish and wedges (and commented that they weren't as good as the SW ones I make!) and I had chilli from the freezer, with mixed veg and lettuce - no rice, I'm finding I really don't want too many carbs at the moment. My joints are aching a lot, think it'll be a soak in the bath later and then to bed with my Kindle.
Going to take my grandson to the farm park, about half an hours drive from here, so I hope my poor knees aren't too bad tomorrow as it involves a lot of walking and a huge play field with all kinds of sandpits, slides, toboggan runs, tractors to climb on etc.... hard work for Nanny's joints but lots of fun. He absolutely loves it there and it will be his last Thursday with us before starting school next week, so we want to make the most of it. Of course, I'll still see him at weekends and occasionally after school but we won't have him every week as I have done since he was tiny. It will seem strange but he's looking forward to school. :)

Good food day for you Doreen. I had a really busy day sorting out daughter's loft and really couldn't face cooking much this evening. Hubby and daughter got oven baked fish and wedges (and commented that they weren't as good as the SW ones I make!) and I had chilli from the freezer, with mixed veg and lettuce - no rice, I'm finding I really don't want too many carbs at the moment. My joints are aching a lot, think it'll be a soak in the bath later and then to bed with my Kindle.
Going to take my grandson to the farm park, about half an hours drive from here, so I hope my poor knees aren't too bad tomorrow as it involves a lot of walking and a huge play field with all kinds of sandpits, slides, toboggan runs, tractors to climb on etc.... hard work for Nanny's joints but lots of fun. He absolutely loves it there and it will be his last Thursday with us before starting school next week, so we want to make the most of it. Of course, I'll still see him at weekends and occasionally after school but we won't have him every week as I have done since he was tiny. It will seem strange but he's looking forward to school. :)

Well done with your tea - hope you have a great day out 2moro and that your knees don't give you any gyp!

hexa`s milk

2 pears coffee.

broccoli cauli. gravy.
Fruit.

8 syns so far

Gosh Doreen - you're really going for it at the moment - a great day - well done!! Here's how my day went (not as well as yours!):

B: magic porage and frozen summer fruits
L: Boiled egg salad with 6 syns worth of bread
Snacks: blueberry fat free yog, nectarine, pear and banana
T: SW burger, baked potato, salad followed by an ice cream cone with a tiny taster portion of ice cream 6 syns??

Went for 30 mins walk and caught up on the gardening jobs - inc about 15 mins hard digging - whew!! Planted out some broccoli and sowed some salad leaves and 'all year round' spring onions - hope they all come up!!

Total of 12 syns - but better than yesterday!! Will try harder tomorrow!! Hope everyone's had an on plan day x

I like crab sticks with mine, don`t always make sauce for them. I have also been having balsamic vinegar sprinkled over the cut up lettuce then today I used the xl mayo on top and just mixed it a bit with spring onions etc. Lots of cut up tomato.
Cloudy got me having salad :) I got 3 pkts of lettuce in the reduced box for 20p each on Monday and the last of it will bve used tomorrow. That is a lot of lettuce for me. May have to buy it cut always I think, nice and easy, just tip it out.

I like crab sticks with mine, don`t always make sauce for them. I have also been having balsamic vinegar sprinkled over the cut up lettuce then today I used the xl mayo on top and just mixed it a bit with spring onions etc. Lots of cut up tomato.
Cloudy got me having salad :) I got 3 pkts of lettuce in the reduced box for 20p each on Monday and the last of it will bve used tomorrow. That is a lot of lettuce for me. May have to buy it cut always I think, nice and easy, just tip it out.

Well done you for introducing lettuce to your plan - I quite like a salad and as your previous posts say - it's quite easy to make an interesting salad - especially if you buy stuff ready to eat!! Mmmm... think I might have a salad with baked potato for lunch 2moro - like you I love balsamic - esp drizzled over chopped tomates - lush!!

Quickie post as I really need to get to bed.... but great going on your food today upndown, its so hard getting back to it after a holiday, so I'd say that's a good start!

Lettuce is supposed to be good for helping you sleep doreen, maybe you could munch some before bed lol.
Night night ladies, I need my bed! catch up tomorrow xx

Gosh Doreen - you're really going for it at the moment - a great day - well done!! Here's how my day went (not as well as yours!):

B: magic porage and frozen summer fruits
L: Boiled egg salad with 6 syns worth of bread
Snacks: blueberry fat free yog, nectarine, pear and banana
T: SW burger, baked potato, salad followed by an ice cream cone with a tiny taster portion of ice cream 6 syns??

Went for 30 mins walk and caught up on the gardening jobs - inc about 15 mins hard digging - whew!! Planted out some broccoli and sowed some salad leaves and 'all year round' spring onions - hope they all come up!!

Total of 12 syns - but better than yesterday!! Will try harder tomorrow!! Hope everyone's had an on plan day x

Looks ok Upndown. 12 syns is good. Blueberry yogurt sound good, It is hard to get back on it after not being on plan I know.
As for bread, I nearly had some today. But had frozen fruit with canderel on it - had no yogurt left. Dared no go to shop, goodness knows what I would have bought.
Have not had bread since Thursday last week. 7 days now. I am pretty sure that is helping. Also doing red and green I can have some cheese too. I have run out at the moment but I always grated it on the small one so it looked more,. Found this better than buying grated cheese. Except for the last bit I had already weighed out I never bit any off the block. :D
Just need scales to show something now. I am a little waterlogged so have took a couple of diretics.

Off to bed now. Thinking of what to get out of the freezer for tomorrow and Friday. It can wait till the morning,

Goodnight all.

Quickie post as I really need to get to bed.... but great going on your food today upndown, its so hard getting back to it after a holiday, so I'd say that's a good start!

Lettuce is supposed to be good for helping you sleep doreen, maybe you could munch some before bed lol.
Night night ladies, I need my bed! catch up tomorrow xx

Night, night - perhaps I should go and munch on the green stuff - I'm feeling tired but can't sleep - so came back on here!!

Looks ok Upndown. 12 syns is good. Blueberry yogurt sound good, It is hard to get back on it after not being on plan I know.
As for bread, I nearly had some today. But had frozen fruit with canderel on it - had no yogurt left. Dared no go to shop, goodness knows what I would have bought.
Have not had bread since Thursday last week. 7 days now. I am pretty sure that is helping. Also doing red and green I can have some cheese too. I have run out at the moment but I always grated it on the small one so it looked more,. Found this better than buying grated cheese. Except for the last bit I had already weighed out I never bit any off the block. :D
Just need scales to show something now. I am a little waterlogged so have took a couple of diretics.

Off to bed now. Thinking of what to get out of the freezer for tomorrow and Friday. It can wait till the morning,

Goodnight all.

Thanks Doreen - I'm not a big bread eater - we usually buy wholemeal and I'm not that keen on it - but yesterday Poppy fancied a Tiger loaf and I love that - then she noticed they were on offer £1.50 for one but £2 for 2 - she's a good little bargain hunter!!

I froze one but the other's been calling to me all day!! I think you're right that reducing or cutting out bread is a big boost to our weight loss!!

I can also see that you're planning your food very carefully - that's a big bonus too - well done - you're really in the groove Doreen!!xx

Back