NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

It looks very cheerful :)
We all have off days, I've had an off week this week!
I know it's awkward but rest your finger as much as possible, I didn't give mine enough time and made matters much worse.

I have just look backed and reminded myself about your knuckle break. It has really reminded me that I am being a bit lax. Maybe I should wear the sling more often like when I am out walking etc. I keep it rested on a pillow when sitting in front of tv. Do you think that is ok. Obviously there are some things I have to take if off for but have put it back on now.

Took Flynn to his local zoo Thursday and walked around with the sling on and it really made my back ache. The weight around the neck pulling I suppose.

One of the things I miss in doingmy cross stitch. I usually do it while I am watching tv. Maybe that is why I am finding tv a bit boring. Have been reading more.

What sort of problems did you get Mandy for not resting it more?

Didn`t get weighed today, don`t want to venture to far from toilet as have dodgy tummy.

You're really in the wars at the moment, I'm not surprised you're a bit fed up.
I kept thinking my hand felt ok, so would do to much and it would bruise and swell almost immediately. Then I decided it was finally ok, got back to normal, picked something up and felt it go again. I have never felt so sick in all my life!! I'm still very wary of it.
Take care and behave :)

That`s what mine wasdoing swelling and bruising which is why I went back to the hospital.The Doc that I sawwas really surprised I had not been given a sling and said that the resting and the sling will stop that which it has. I will behave Mandy. Thanks:doh:

SUNDAY 3RD AUGUST ......... GREEN DAY.

hexa 1 milk
hexa 2 40g low fat cheese

hexb 1 35g porridge oats
hexb 2 120g liver

B: magic porridge

L: 2 cold boiled eggs
potato/sweetcorn soup

snack. banana
2 toast 5 syns

D: Liver and onion with onion oxo gravy
boiled spuds
cauli and broc broc
Fresh pinepple

not had cheese yet,
have now
+ 2 slices of bread and some tomato- love a sarni
plus mullerlite

10 syns for the day

Last edited:
MONDAY 5TH AUGUST RED DAY plan

hexa 1 milk
hexa 2 40g lf cheese

hexb 1 17.5g porridge oats. 1 wm bread
hexb 2 200g spud

B: 2 eggs in frylight. large tomato
1 wm bread h/e
1 wm bread 2.1/2 syns

L: small magic porridge
with toffee mullerlite
over banana + banana

D: 2 chicken thighs
piri piri shake on them after skin removed
Brocolli, cauli, baby carrots
200g boiled spud with skin--decided to par boil and fry, beautiful.
Cheese on brocolli. h/e

Mullerlite/banana

4 sausages 2 syns
tom sauce 2 syns

syns 6.1/2 for the day

2.1/2 = 1 slice bread
2 sausages
2 tom sauce

Last edited:
Hi Nanny Doreen, I'm sorry but I got all excited when I saw you came from Hertfordshire as I grew up there my parents still live there but as I'm in the Midland life gets in the way of many visits I'm afraid.
I miss it loads Xx

Where abouts in Hertfordshire. My son has taken his wife and 2 kids to Suffolk now. Only 1 hr but ........

I have lived here for 30yrs now. Never lived anywhere so long.

I was actually born in Hinkley in Leicestershire.

Looks like your diet going ok.

I was born in West ham then moved to Cheshunt when I was about 5 my sister used to live in Geoffs oak she has moved to the center on London now. My parents are still in Cheshunt.
I'm trying out red and green find EE to much carbs which I think is hindering me lol ( that's my excuse) been going through the book trying to work it all out think I'm getting there if you think no feel free to pull me up all help needed :)
I know its a long term thing but I think we all struggle some days its nice to have the support Xx

Thursday 8th August.

Not been on for a couple of days. So frustrated with my finger. No notes made about food, think was ok yesterday. Nothing today except coffee and some Mac chips off kids.

Grandchildren going home today. They are at friends at present and I am sooo missing them. Don`t want them to go home. I know they have to but I am sitting here crying for all the good it does.
:cry:

Weigh in tomorrow morning, reckon have put on 3lbs. It has been so hard with this finger but getting easier. (it sounds like a good excuse, but really it was not intended to be but it probably is) I will be back on it from the morning. Hope it not 3lbs but if it is nobody to blame but me. Picking is what I do when the children are here, their bits that is. Am already planning for Tue-Thurs next week as am to Haverhill to watch while Mum and Dad at work.

Feel better for that, tears gone gonna do a diary for tomorrow. Thanks for reading anyone. :rolleyes:

FRIDAY 9TH AUGUST EXTRA EASY DAY WEIGH IN :break_diet:HURRAH STS
Might make this a red day. Will decide when I get home
NO it is extra easy

B: Bacon sarni to class, like lots of us don`t eat before I go.
probably some fruit too
Just took a banana and had brunch when I got home

Brunch. bacon, 2 eggs, lots tomatoes, tinned spud sliced and fried
2 bread

D: 1 Sains 1/4lb burger.
Toms, Mush, fried potatoes in frylight
28g l f cheese
tom ketchup
Banana mullerlite

tin spaghetti bolognaise
2 bread
little frozen fruit & sweetner

hexa milk
hexb 2 wm bread

SYNS

1/4lb burger 1
28g cheese 3.1/2
15ml ketchup 1
2 bread 5
spaghetti bolognaise 3

total 13.1/2

Last edited:
Aw bless you chin up hun it will all be fine and your weigh in will go ok I'm sure, we all have our off times whatever happen jump back on again and were all here hope you feel better xx:)

Thank you so much Lesley. It is nice to know someone is looking. I know I will be ok. It is hard. Will get lots of confort at class tomorrow ,,,,,,,,,,note to self Wear the sling. haha. Have to anyway but then one of the girls will make my coffee. Bless them, they are a great bunch.

Again thanks

Lol, were always here we've got nothing better to do than worry about food haha.
I miss my grandson but they all have there own lives just have to make the most of it when we do get them eh Xx

Yea I know, they are nearly 5 and nearly 9, but they usd to live 2 miles down the road and now it is 60miles. Mum and Dad don`t make it too easy to visit them unless I am babysitting. I know I am lucky tobe ableto see them, but it still hurts when I have to say goodbye.

I suppose at least I can see them, 3 others live in NZ, not seen them for 2 years. Count my blessings is the right trackI suppose.

HUGE HUG!
I really feel for you it must be very hard. Try to look on the bright side, you do see them for whole days which has got to be better than a couple of hours at the weekend like a lot of people. You must miss the ones in NZ terribly.
Good luck for tomorrow, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xx

HUGE HUG!
I really feel for you it must be very hard. Try to look on the bright side, you do see them for whole days which has got to be better than a couple of hours at the weekend like a lot of people. You must miss the ones in NZ terribly.
Good luck for tomorrow, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Thanks Mandy. I know I am lucky to see them as much as I do during school hols.

I am pleased that I STS today. I have put in a mini target in class of 3lbs. If I can get that Iwill be 2lbs off 3st.

Planning for next week as am at Haverhill for 3 days and it is easier to do my own because of the hrs mum and dad do.
So lots of easy things til I get proper use of hand. Probably cook some things to take. Or maybe ready prepared. Just for dinner that is.

My finger is feeling much better. I do as you advised and kept the sling on whenever possible or rested on a pillow while watching TV. Back to hospital on Tuesday am to see how it is going.

Hope you doing ok Mandy

Saturday 10th August. green day

B: 2 wm bread
1/2 tin baked beans
1 fried egg.

L: Home made potato & sweetcorn soup.
a bit thicker this time - bit too much potato
- still nice tho`
and 2 bananas. am full now, had half of what I made.

s: grapes and banana

D: minced beef, onion, carrots, oxo
spring greens, boiled spuds

grapes, frozen fruit & yogurt

options white chocolate
2 bananas

hexa 1 milk 200ml
hexa 2 -----

hexb 1 2 wm bread
hexb 2 90g minced beef.

syns

2 for options choc.

Last edited:
That's a good result all things considered, well done, and let's hope we both get a good result next week.
I'm pleased your finger is feeling better, I bet you feel like it's been going on forever now don't you?
I know I keep saying it, but I'm really hoping to get to a group next week. It'll be good to make some new friends who understand having a weight problem!
What is your group like?

I go Thursday or Friday morning.

Same consultant who is really nice and good at her job. I prefer the Thursday group mostly now because I have met some lovely people there and have gone then a lot recently cause DIL has been off sick. Now the babysitting is going to start again I may have to revert to Friday. But of
course then I will get to know some of them.

Friday group has changed a lot so don`t know so many now, just a few. Anyway, was quite early this week so went and sat with somebody on their own and asked how they were doing and we struck up a conversation. So will probably see her next week. It is a bit awkward when you join a group, but you soon get to meet people. I have the gift of the gab at times ......... long replies....... so don`t find it overly difficult.

There has been the odd time when I have gone on a Saturday but only get weighed and leave

I wish there were Friday or Saturday groups round here, it would make it much easier.
I hope the one I can get to is friendly, I'm pretty shy and get nervous. It's a shame we don't live closer :)

Back