NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I wish there were Friday or Saturday groups round here, it would make it much easier.
I hope the one I can get to is friendly, I'm pretty shy and get nervous. It's a shame we don't live closer :)

Ah Mandy that is such a shame. What day will you have to go? I would guess you have checked on sw website to see what is in your area.

Not sure if there is any advice I can give you. Perhaps someone else may have an idea or two.
I do find it helps me to go to a club because I feel I am facing up to it.

Is there anyone you know that could weigh you once a week at the same time of the day maybe?

When you go let me know what you think. You may be very surprised. :bighug:

I think I'm still a bit disappointed that I had to stop my Wednesday group, but it's just not possible now I have to run my Mum about. The only one I can really get to now is after work on a Thursday. I felt ok going to my old one cos it was recommended, this one I know nothing about.
I don't have any friends locally, so am hoping a group might be a bit of a social thing too :)

Last edited:
There are 3 girls in my Thursday who always seemed best of friends. It turned out that they joined SW on the same day and have children similar ages and just clicked. It does happen

I have met up for coffee with a couple of my group.

I`m not going to say `you will fine` because you are worried about it anyway so Good Luck

Have woken up with a terrible headache. Updated yesterdays diary. Couple of painkillers then lay down.
Think I had too much fruit esterday. Not good for the sugars.

Sunday 11th August (19 weeks to Christmas?) Extra Easy

Breakfast

eggs bacon mushrooms & tomatoes
2slices bread. ............................................(9.30am)

Lunch

Scan bran banana & yogurt 1pt diet lemonade.

Dinner

Chicken breast with spring greens, brocolli and stuffing gravy incl oxo
boiled spuds
2 bananas

snack

2 frozen mullerlite lollies and 1 frozen banana

hexa 200ml skim milk
hexb 2 slices wm bread

Syns

Scan Bran - 5
Stuffinh mix - 1.1/2

total 6.1/2 syns.

:4635:

Last edited:
Morning Doreen, hope your headache is lifting a bit.
Will you give over with your 19 weeks to Christmas!! I called into a garden centre last week and they were already building his grotto :mad:

Morning Doreen, hope your headache is lifting a bit.
Will you give over with your 19 weeks to Christmas!! I called into a garden centre last week and they were already building his grotto :mad:

Oh no! It got mentioned - the C word that is - at class on Friday. We all groaned. She was saying how much we could lose in that time at 1lb per week and 2lb per week. 1st 5lb would be fantistic 2s.10lb would be awsome,
I will settle for 10lbs in that time - now that would be great.

How about you?

Headache is a little better since breakfast thanks. :D

8 pounds would be good, that would get me nearer 10st than 11st. Over a stone would be lovely but I don't want to push my luck!!
I'm pleased your headache is easing off x

Have a bit to do Monday. Get car cleaned inside & out. Go to town and buy underwear.
Sort out food and clothes for Tuesday to take to Haverhill to babysit children till Friday then dog till from Friday till Monday morning then off to visit sister, who lives north of Norwich, till the following Friday.

Will still do SW whilst in Haverhill but totally rely on sister after Monday breakfast. She is pretty good foodwise. I have always lost weight when with her. She is the slimmest one in the family. If she needs to cut down she does the old WW points. So should be no problems there.

This coming Friday will weigh at Saffron Walden club, they are quite friendly. The following Friday won`t be able to get to a morning class so will have to weigh in on Saturday as it is about a 2.1/4hr drive from Sister to home if I don`t stop. I usually have to if only to go to the loo.

Never know, will be leaving early on the Friday from Norfolk, maybe could get to Saffron Walden before 10.
We will see.

May not get the diaries daily after Tuesday, but will try.

Right

Monday 12th August. Plan

breakfast
Beans on toast with two eggs changed to spaghetti - no beans in cupboard
3 toast

lunch
5 scan bran & banana x 2
yogurt

Dinner
Pork chops trimmed.
grilled with chorizo sausage
rice & petit pois peas
Fruit & yogurt with rice

Yogurt & frozen fruit.

Options mint then to bed

hexa milk
hexb 2 slices wm bread

syns
2.1/2 for 1 sl bread
5 for scan bran
3 for chirozo sausage
2 for options

12.1/2

Last edited:
You've got a busy couple of weeks ahead of you. I hope you manage to get to your weigh ins, you're very determined, you put me to shame!
I'm definitely going to give the Thursday group a go :)

I do try and get to the weigh ins but am finding it hard for the scales not to put me so shame.

I worry about not going to group cause that is my REAL weight.
When I look at some of the pictures on these threads, the portions look much smaller than mine.

I really need to do some more reds I think, they did seem to help previously. Somehow I don`t think I eat so much. Maybe because of the healthy extras. Don`t know really know.

Have just cooked some food for 3 nights to take with me. Two spag bols and one savoury mince. Have cooked or am cooking at this moment potato & sweetcorn soup. That will do 3 snacks I think.

I cook for myself & the children. DIL won`t get in till late and Son would rather do his own when he gets in from work.

When I get to my sister she will do the dinners, and lovely they are, plenty of veg and she weighs the spuds. Breakfast either cereal or something on toast, lunch mostly a sarni and in the evening two little biscuits with a hot drink. Oh that I could be so controlled.

She was a little fatty as a child and won`t go back there. I do admire her determination. Maybe I can pinch some while I am there. ha ha

I think you'll be fine, you're very organised.
I thought the idea of slimming world was that you could eat as much as you wanted? From what I can see on here, it's the people who cut down and don't use their syns who don't lose.
Keep going, you're doing really well x

Thanks. I am a big eater and it worries me a bit. Some say eat as much as you like till you feel satisfied. I can go om after I am satisfied. If I stick to plan when with the kids that will be a battle won. Taking lots fruit withme. I should be ok. Thanks Mandy

I have been sitting here messing about on the computer and wondering why my finger is not too comfortable.

Options mint then to bed I think. Check up on finger at Hospital in the morning

Hope you get on ok at the hospital - let me know.
I've rearranged the hours I work, so have no excuse other than cowardice not to go to the Thursday group!
Sleep well x

Tuesday 13th August EE day

Breakfast

Eggs, bacon toms
3 toast

Lunch/early Dinner

2 sainsbury 1/4 burgers
SW chips & tomatoes
Yogurt & fruit.

syns

2.1/2 for 1 slice bread
2 for burgers

Last edited:
Hope you get on ok at the hospital - let me know.
I've rearranged the hours I work, so have no excuse other than cowardice not to go to the Thursday group!
Sleep well x

Gosh that hospital visit took all morning, but that is how it goes.
The Doc said my finger is mending nicely and they have taken the strapping off and given me a comfort thing like two sausages joined together over the two fingers. They wanted me to go to physio but as I am going away they have told me to keep bending the first joint on the ring finger to help losen it. Of course everything is quite stiff. Have to go back again in 2 weeks.

Let me know if you go this Thursday Mandy. Might not get on next week but can at Sons this week.

That's really good news, just be careful you don't knock it or do too much.

I've got bella magazine this morning for a free membership voucher, so the group will only cost me £4.95 to join, and hopefully there will be other new people. Everything is going to plan, I just hope I don't chicken out when it comes to it. I'm such a wuss :eek:
I'll let you know what happens.

Have fun with your Grandkids, and don't pick at their treats :)

Hey wuss make sure you go. I shall be looking out for a report. Can look until Monday am.

I won`t do too much. xx

FRIDAY 23RD AUGUST.

Had a good time with the grandchildren. Then looked after the dog while they had a weekend in Clacton after which I drove just over to hrs to stay with one of my sisters and visited one of my other sisters (I have 3 in all and 2 brothers)
Had a good time and glad to be home

On thr way back from Norfolk I stopped at Royston and popped in to see the progress of the kids in dance school my Granddaughter goes to. Very good.

I did get weighed last week and I `maintained` Sounds better than STS and that is what the lady that weighed me said.

Will get weighed in the morning around 10am and restart diaries

Back