NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi Doreen, you take it steady in them tablets sometimes it takes a few days on New medication to settle in you system if no better after a few days consult your doctor, get your feet up and rest in the meantime Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Les for your advice. The strange thing is I was ok Mon Tues, pretty good yesterday and then not good this morning.

Have been taking it easy. Catching up on TV, sewing some xmas cards and eating! Only what I should tho`.

It might be as they've got into your system.
A good day if you were feeling ok.

I reckon they are well in my system now. My system don`t like it.

I went to bed for a couple of hours after lunch still felt a bit heady when I got up. Took another pill with my dinner and now my head feels like somebody is pressing all over it. Gonna ring doc in the morning because I am not taking anymore. They are helping the problem in my thumb but finger is not any different except pain I was getting in my hand is no longer there. Not worth feeling like this so no more.

Usually any medication that I am going to react too is almost instant. Hoped this one would be ok. Never mind, keep doing the exercises.

It does sound like there not suiting you at all I would stop taking them too doctor can find alternative pain killers I'm sure Xx

It does sound like there not suiting you at all I would stop taking them too doctor can find alternative pain killers I'm sure Xx

They are not painkillers as such Lesley, they are anti-inflammatories to try and help my finger. They do help the arthritus in the thumb but that is all, I do take co-dydramol for pain but they don`t help the finger.

Most anti-inflammatories knock me out with an hour or two. Thanks for your advise Lesley, guess I will just have to carry on with the exercises. Gonna try heat next, see if that helps the stiffness. Any ideas please?

If heat does not do it you could try some of the freeze packs instead they sound bad but actually work well on muscles a lot of physios use the freeze methods now. Must admit I prefer the heat myself speak to the doctor about it tomorrow see what he surgests. He may give you something to try on prescription as some stuff can be pricey in the chemist good luck Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Definitely stop the tablets and talk to your doctor. Have you tried massage? Put lots of hand cream, oil or similar on it and gently massage round the area for 5 minutes or so, or have you tried one of the ibuprofen gels?

Definitely stop the tablets and talk to your doctor. Have you tried massage? Put lots of hand cream, oil or similar on it and gently massage round the area for 5 minutes or so, or have you tried one of the ibuprofen gels?

Thanks Mandy, I will try those too. I do use hand cream quite a lot and think I have some ibuprofen gel in the cupboard. I have just got up so am going to have a coffee and rub some in. Taking no more medication. Just my painkillers cause my head hurts. I feel quite sick too. :wave_cry: Poor me!

It is quite strange this finger. When I get up in the morning it doesn`t want to bend. So I have to bend it manually. The finger that it was strapped too feels the same - like I am trying to bend thick cardboard - but I can bend that one even tho it feels funny.

Thanks for caring Mandy, it is so nice people on here trying to help.

Thanks all.

Doreen xx Will let you know how it goes.

It's what friends are for x
Your finger does sound odd, more muscle or tendon now than bone. Mine swelled, bruised and can still hurt, but I never had any problems moving it.
Are you going to speak to your doctor?

It's what friends are for x
Your finger does sound odd, more muscle or tendon now than bone. Mine swelled, bruised and can still hurt, but I never had any problems moving it.
Are you going to speak to your doctor?

I will ring on Monday. Would not be able to drive there today. My computer playing up. More later.

lts 4pm and I am getting hungry. Apart from a coffee at garden centre with neighbour, have had nothing. Was feeling unwell.

Friday 4th October EE

hexa 350ml milk
hexb 5 scan bran

300g boiled spud, 2 slices ham. Lettuce, toms, spring onion, peppers sweetcorn, chilli flakes. Balsamic vinegar.
Was quite nice. Don`t usualy do salad. Had some baby beets too. 2 triangle cheeses in the mash. That was actually nicer than I thought it would be.
Followed by banana & Mullerlight.
All very filling.

Later. scan bran & banana with yogurt then mixed fruit & yogurt. Needed the sweetness of the mixed fruit as sugars going down

Syns

2 cheese x.lite triangles - 2

Last edited:
Saturday 5th October

hexa 350ml skimmed milk
hexb 2 slices wm bread

Breakfast 9.30am

2 eggs, large mushroom and tomato. Coffee

Lunch 2.10pm

Potato & sweetorn soup. + 5 scan bran with banana & yogurt.Pear

Snack 4.15pm

banana & coffee

Dinner 6.45pm
3 LC sausages, Potato & parsnip mash. broc, cabbage, cauli and onion gravy made with bisto.

For later Sugarfree Jelly, strwberries and fat free yog
3 pears

3 more pears

Syns 9

5 scan bran - 5
3 sausages - 1.1/2
10g bisto - 1
1/3rd Sugarfree jelly -1/2

Last edited:
Feeling much better today. Sugar a bit high, those 3 pears at bedtime probably but the medication is lessening all the time. Gonns do some gardening. Lots of weeds at the front, have neglected it.

Sunday 6th October. Green Day

hexa 350ml skimmed milk for coffee throughout the day.
hexa 75g philly x lite. Actually I think xtra lite is 120g

hexb 2 wm bread
hexb 95g lean mince

Breakfast 9.45am

Eggs and beans on toast 2 coffee

Coffee with sugar as was having a hypo whilst gardening

Lunch 2pm

Jacked spuds 2boiled eggs with salad. Lettuce, tom, cue. spring onion, grated carrot, sweetcorn. 1/4tsp chilli flakes black pepper and lemon juice.

Snack - little jelly strawberry yog coffee

Dinner

Spag bol. mince, onion,tin toms carrot balsamic vinegar & green pepper. Taglatelli with philly cheese mixed in. Lovely

Jelly strawberries yog

4 pears

5 scan with the rest of the cheese, banana & yog

syns 8

level tsp sugar - 1/2
Sugar free jelly - 1.1/2
2/3 jelly - 1
5 scan bran

Last edited:
Did some gardening yesterday, heavy stuff, I ache today and still have to take stuff to dump. Argggg it is heavy.

Monday 7th october - red day

hexa - 350ml skimmed milk
hexa - extra lite cheese triangles - 1
hexb - 2sl wm bread
hexb - 5 scan bran

Breakfast 10.15am
eggs bacon large mushroom toms & 2 bread

Lunch - 2.15pm

5 scan bran - 2 with cheese, Ham & pickle. 3 with banana & yog. bunch grapes.
-------------that was so nice and very filling--------------------------

Dinner 7pm

2 chicken thighs with piri piri flakes cooked on a bed of leeks.
Chipped - carrots, sweet potato, BNS with corgette & peppers

Before bed. Banana couple slices ham coffee

Syns 7.1/2

30g sweet apple chutney - 3
Sweet potato (forgot it is synned on red) 4.1/2 for 100g.

Last edited:
Hi Doreen, hope you are feeling ok. Good for you getting the gardening done yesterday, hope it hasn't taken too much out of you!

The laughing cow triangles in the mash is good - think I prefer it! Good luck for the rest of today and take care.

No not too much thanks. But have some more to do. Changing one of the beds. Thanks for replying

Back