NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi Doreen,

Sainsbury Be Good to Yourself quarter pounders for 1 syn, are they any good? Also, how long do you cook your chicken in the slow cooker for? Do you brown it in a frying pan first? Do you just wash the chicken and bung it in whole?

Morning Jayne.

I really like the Be Good 1/4lb burgers. They are very meaty not much comes out of them and although they shrink a bit, they seem to be thicker when cooked. I grill them usually from frozen. Lovely with egg chips or mash, anything really. I think they are something like £2.65 for 4. I do have 2 most of the time, (I keep telling myself to only have one) but 1 is really enough depending of course what you are having with it. Nice in a wm roll with a bit of cheese etc. again served with chips, 1 is plenty then.

The chicken. I had been advised to put a couple of whole carrots under the chicken or some rolled up foil.
I used whole carrots and did not find them looking eatable when done but they are only there apparently to stop the chicken sticking to the bottom? Not going to bother next time and see what happens.

I just put it whole in the slow cooker, I did put a little water in the bottom because I was worried about it drying out. It didn`t, it was just falling off the bone when I `tried to get it out`, it didn`t stay whole, but was fantastic. Any skin just fell off easily the bones came out of most of it.

The water I put in with a couple of chicken oxo cubes made a lovely gravy base. O
I only put in no more than 2 inches. I put most of the juice in the fridge and it has just a very thin layer of fat on it and is like jelly. Gonna keep this for gravy base for next chicken pieces.

It was bootiful and I had eaten it in two days. It was not a big chicken. :)

Did nit answer the question really, I don`t brown it first and I leave it on low for about 6 hours, I think mine was in for 7 hrs on low. Can be medium for less time.

If you like tender chicken you will like it, I don`t like breast - too dry - but the breast was lovely too.

I know I go on a bit Jayne, but I hope that helps.

x

Spoke to my son in New Zealand today. Have not seen him for 2.1/2 yrs. :cry: No not crying really, just sad. He is coming over with the family for my neice wedding in July with his wife and 3 boys. Can`t wait.

Sunday 24th November

hexa - 350ml skimmed milk
hexb - 2 wm bread

Breakfast
2 eggs, tomatoes & mushroom 3 toast ( don`t know why I had three, not necessary) (2.1/2syns)

Lunch
BNS & carrot soup 2 apples & pear
Milky coffee down the local garden centre - out of allowance.

Dinner
Mince with carrots, onions, tomato puree, oxo and cumin. Lovely
Will have sw chips made with potato and sweet potato. SP not so nice. processed peas
Followed by mixed berries & cherry mullerlight.

Jelly with strawberries in and yogurt

Syns
1 bread - 2.1/2
Jelly - 1.1/2

Superfree - toms & mush. carrots, onions, tom puree? BNS/carrot soup. 2 apples pear.
mixed berries. strawberries

Last edited:
Thanks Doreen. I must try this out some time, as I find the chickens are tasteless at the minute (or maybe it is my cooking lol). Will def give the burgers a try. for 1 syn per burger, it saves the hassle of making my own.

It must be hard not seeing your son in such a long time. You need to get yourself "skyped" and you can have visual phone conversations with each other. Chin up Mrs! xx

Hello! :wave_cry:
I'm back and plump as a dumpling...
I had a lovely week off, and feel ready to get on with life again. It didn't help that my boss has a face like a slapped behind though, I could happily give up work and become a lady of leisure.
It's excellent news that your son is coming over next year, I bet there'll be a few tears shed then.
I hope you're nicely recovered from your fall xx

I am Mandy thank you. Well the fingure is a bit stiffer because I cut it in the fall but getting better with the exercise (before you bully me again)

Nice to have you back. Are you going to continue SW?

I am just sorting out the Christmas cards I have made and writing out the others. Lady of leisure mmmmmmm not all it`s cracked up to be. A three day week at work would be better I think.

Last edited:
Have already posted this once then my internet went down. Arrgh

Monday 25th November

Breakfast
2 eggs & tomatoes, 2 toast

Lunch
BNS & carrot soup, 2 toast with extra lite soft cheese & tomato.
Latte in local garden centre from allowance.

Dinner
Minced beef with carrot & onion, cabbage & brocolli. boiled spud processed peas
Frozen berries & cherry yogurt.

Syns 7.1/2.

2 bread - 5
20g ex lite soft cheese - 1.1/2

Superfree. tomatoes, carrot, onion soup berries cabbage brocolli

Last edited:
I've just rejigged my hours and am now doing 3.5 days so not too bad, I'll be fine once I get back into the old routine again :)
*whispers*
I'm going to do ww for a bit, but I'm still going to post a food diary to keep me on track.

I've just rejigged my hours and am now doing 3.5 days so not too bad, I'll be fine once I get back into the old routine again :)
*whispers*
I'm going to do ww for a bit, but I'm still going to post a food diary to keep me on track.

That`s good. I have lost weight on ww before but don`t like it now. It don`t feel flexible enough.

Hi there you two. I am still here. Had a couple of things going om which have really upset me. May tell you ione day.
Then on top of that one line of my compter keypad went down. The letters qweruiop. Have now borrowed an electroniic keyboard from one of my brothers Richard.
Am away to see my DIL`s Mum for a couple of days. Should be able to keep up with the posts.

I have just ordered myself a new cooker and have to decide which fridge freezer I want.

Didn`t want to come on here but am pleased to say I have kept up pretty much with the eating plan.
I will copy and paste the diaries on the next page for the last three days, then gonna do my dinner.

Nice to know I was missed. Thank you xxx

Oh weighin tomorrow morning. Should be ok I think,.

Tuesday 26th November EE

hexa 350ml milk
hexb 2 wm bread

Breakfast
2 eggs, mush, toms bacon - 3 bread (2,1/2 syns)
3 coffee out with albert
Lunch
2 apples and a banana + coffee

Dinner
3 chicken thighs, mushroom, bacon, onion in pasta with xlite soft cheese
Box grapes 500ml yogurt

4 bananas 2 apple 1 pear

Syns 6
1 bread -2.1/2
xlite soft cheese 40g - 3.1/2
Superfree, mush. toms. onion grapes bananas apples pears
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------
Wednesday 27th November EE

hexa 350ml milk
hexb 2 wm bread

Breakfast
3 bacon 2 eggs mush & toms 3 bread (2.1/2 syns)

Lunch
BNS/carrot soup
1 biscuit at club (2. syns)

Dinner
2 x jellies (3syns)
frozen berries, 4 bananas, 6 pears 2 apples.
Could not eat dinner.

Syns 7.1/2
1 bread - 2.1/2
biscuit - 2
2 jellies - 3
Superfree. mush toms bns carrot onion brussel tops onion. apples pears and bananas
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 28th November

hexa - milk & 1 cheese triangle
hexb - wholemeal roll

Breakfast
2 eggs & tomatoes 2 wm bread (5syns)

Lunch
Tomato, 1 cheese triangle h/e wholemeal roll h/e 1 sainsbury 1/4 burger (1 syn)
Banana

Dinner
2 Linda Mc sausages, boiled potato, cabbage, brocolli. onion gravy ( 1syn)
Jelly with frozen berries & yogurt.

syns
2 bread - 5
10g bisto - 1
Jelly = 1.1/2

Superfree. tomatoes, brocollo cabbage omin berries bananas apples 2 oears

That was nice and easy.

Had a good break and ate lots of naughty things, so many cannot remember. Away again this weekend as dog sitting Fri till Sunday.

Wednes out for a xmas meal lunchtime with over 50 club.

Food for the last 2 days

Monday 2nd December

hexa - 1/2 milk 1/2 cheese
hexb - 2 bread

Breakfast
2 eggs & tomatoes 2 bread

Lunch
A2 bread with ham and cheese triangles, apples & pears

Dinner
Mushroom, onion, bacon. pasta with ex lite low fat soft cheese
apples & pears

Syns
2 low fat triangle cheese - 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday 3rd December

hexa - milk
hexb - 2 bread

2 eggs & toms 2 bread

Lunch
3 bananas

Dinner
chicken thighs, roast butternut squash and potato
Bananas & yogurt

no syns

Morning!
You've got a couple of yummy days there. You'll be whizzing up all sorts of culinary delights when you get your new cooker.
How is your face aching? Is it like sinusitis? There is a lot of it about in this area at the mo.
Have a good Wednesday, it's great to have you back x

Wednesday 4th December EE

hexa - 350ml milk
hexb - 2 wm bread

Breakfast
2 toast & 2 banana coffee

Snack
2 bread ( 5 syns) ham and triangle cheese (was up at 6am and was hungry)

Lunch
Over 50`s xmas lunch - can`t remember what I ordered.

Syns
2 bread - 5

Had a lovely xmas dinner and have not been out of the toilet since I came home.

Nothing more for me today.

Last edited:
The sinus seems ok now just a very slight ache,. Apparently there is a virus going around with the same symptons that I had.

Went to the over 50`s dinner yesterday around 1pm. Was an absolutely gorgeous meal and had good company on my table. Unfortunately 15 mins after I got home I started losing the food down the toilet. TMI I know but it did not stop until about 6am this morning.
Still got a jippy tummy and can taste eggs, so not eaten yet today. I am going to try a little dried toast. Oh tell a lie I had a banana at weighin today. Would you believe I lost 4.1/2lbs this morning. Some of it must have been because of tummy but I am accepting it gratefully. One more pound and I have broken into 15st something. I suppose that is one way of doing it, but I was good Sunday pm and Monday & Tuesday and Wed morning.

Today have eaten 2 bananas, a small piece of steak a little pork and some tomatoes ans 5 cups of coffee. And so to bed still feeling a bit tender.

:4635:

Last edited:
Back