NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hello Doreen. Thank you for letting me post my food here. Wow your SW visit was eventful wasnt it? I did my swimming but decided to swim for an hour ( I only swim breast stroke as I cant do crawl) instead of counting lengths and did ....... 100 lengths!! which is 50 of a standard pool. I was delighted.
And I tried the magic porridge for breakfast and I thought it was delicious.

Yes I love magic porridge too - wow 50 lengths - no wonder ur delighted - I'm v impressed x

Thank you.
Food for today- magic porridge. Lunch- a LL banana milk shake and a banana. Dinner- a quorn lamb grill, baked beans and boiled rice.
Ive got strawberries for later and a packet of baked crisps for a treat while watching the final of Masterchef which always makes me feel hungry lol
Cloudy I hope you had a great bbq. You had your food all worked out.

Thank you.
Food for today- magic porridge. Lunch- a LL banana milk shake and a banana. Dinner- a quorn lamb grill, baked beans and boiled rice.
Ive got strawberries for later and a packet of baked crisps for a treat while watching the final of Masterchef which always makes me feel hungry lol
Cloudy I hope you had a great bbq. You had your food all worked out.
Another good day Mo - lovely to be back on plan isn't it (altho as u'll see in a minute when I post - I've not had that feeling today!)

Not a good day for me today - that flipping bladder inflammation is back - no excuse to go off plan but I did - didn't go bonkers but didnt' eat sensibly either - will try harder 2moro

bacon and egg with 1 slice bread and and orange

fish from chip shop with batter removed - then ate a 2 inch square of batter and 6 chips

croissant with spoonful of that flipping golden syrup! then an apple (keep the doctor away!)

TOTAL SYNS ??

Not a good day for me today - that flipping bladder inflammation is back - no excuse to go off plan but I did - didn't go bonkers but didnt' eat sensibly either - will try harder 2moro

bacon and egg with 1 slice bread and and orange

fish from chip shop with batter removed - then ate a 2 inch square of batter and 6 chips

croissant with spoonful of that flipping golden syrup! then an apple (keep the doctor away!)

TOTAL SYNS ??

I bet it will be recoverable Upndown. I don`t think it would be too bad with syns.

I forgot about the final Mo. It is recorded so will watch tomorrow. I would like the shorter lady to win.

We watched 2 hours of a 3 hour Catherine Cookson film called The Round Tower. Will finish it in the morning with Jan
before Faye and Davina get here.

I have had 2 good days now. I am going to honk!

Hello. Thanks Upndown. i havent eaten the baked crisps....... yet. I dont think you would have that many syns there. Doreen I really enjoyed watching the final. I love the programme and Great British bake-off but Im not a good cook at all., :)

I am a very basic cook, don`t like too many ingredients. I have learnt that cumin tastes very nice in savoury mince, as you may have noticed in my food diary, as does cinnamon too. Not too much tho`, about 1/2 tspn to 100g of mince.

Davinas mum suggested that I try putting mixed herbs on my chicken when I cook it for a change. Will try that Monday. Tomorrow I am going to cook turkey drumsticks in the slow cooker. Am hoping Faye will eat some even maybe cold. She is so fussy. She likes rice so maybe that will help.

oooh turkey drum sticks sound good. sometime when you have 5 minutes will you give me your recipe please?

oooh turkey drum sticks sound good. sometime when you have 5 minutes will you give me your recipe please?

Never done it before but will let you know. I will put it in the slow cooker with chicken oxo sprinkled over with a coupled of foil balls under it. It should turn out very tender. Nothing fancy.

We had a lovely storm last night, loads of thunder and rain. Feels fresher this morning, but it seems we will be getting more rain.

When I was having my breakfast this morning I did 20g of black pudding then remembered I had not put it on yesterdays food. Was still well within plan though.

We are now going to watch the end of the Catherine Cookson film.

Have a good day all. xxx Ah, my son will be here after the show today and will have Flynn with him so Jan will not be able to see him in the morning before she goes home. So will I - fantastic will see both Faye and Flynn now, I know who`s bed they will be in tonight, xxx

Yes it's been pouring here but just stopped and fresher like u said - glad u have the children on their way - they'll perk u up - u'll burn some extra calories off - and u'll have fun - all making up a great day for u - enjoyxx

Hello Everyone. Enjoy your young visitors Doreen. Im sure you will have fun. It has been raining here and some thunder and lightning but it doesnt feel fresh. It still feels warmish. I did 92 lengths today which is 46 of standard pool. Mo :)

Hello Everyone. Enjoy your young visitors Doreen. Im sure you will have fun. It has been raining here and some thunder and lightning but it doesnt feel fresh. It still feels warmish. I did 92 lengths today which is 46 of standard pool. Mo :)

Oooh ur swimming's really coming along - well done - wish I could do that - it's such good exercise - but I really don't like the water! Silly really!

Hi everyone - not sure what's the matter with me today - I'm not really hungry but keep wanting to pick at things but tried to choose SW friendly things but too many as u'll see!! But better than some of my binge days!!

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend & hopefully stayed on plan!

B: lean grilled bacon & egg and an orange
Snacks: 2 pears, toffee fat free yog, vanilla ff yog and a few strawbs and oh no! some choc
L: HEB bread & 1 laughing cow triangle (part HEA) and a pear
T: SW spag bol & cake

Part HEA - ss milk in 3 coffees and the laughing cow triangle

Not sure how many syns but TOO MANY!

Oh no :( once you start a day like that it's hard to stop, isn't it. Fingers crossed today is different.
We've got guests staying so I've been rushed off my feet and fortunately that works well for me, I find it really easy to stick on plan, I just feed all the tempting stuff to everyone else.
Have a good Sunday everyone. Oh and Mo, I'm really impressed with your swimming, I so wish I was like you but sadly, I swim like a brick! :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh no :( once you start a day like that it's hard to stop, isn't it. Fingers crossed today is different.
We've got guests staying so I've been rushed off my feet and fortunately that works well for me, I find it really easy to stick on plan, I just feed all the tempting stuff to everyone else.
Have a good Sunday everyone. Oh and Mo, I'm really impressed with your swimming, I so wish I was like you but sadly, I swim like a brick! :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad keeping busy is helping u stick to the plan - but hope u get some chill time in too!

Well including today it's 12 days to go b4 our hols :eek: wonder if I cd make up a song like the 12 days of Christmas :rolleyes:

On the 12[SUP]th[/SUP] day to holly-day my sca-a-les said to me ‘u need to ge-e-e-e-e-e-e-t back on tr a-a-a-a-a- ck’
On the 11[SUP]th[/SUP] day to holly-day my sca-a-les said to me ‘u need to carry on like ye-e-esterday’
On the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] day to holly-day my sca-a-les said to me – ‘a-a-a max of 10 syns again today’
On the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] day to holly-day my sca-a-les said to me – ‘abso- lutely no chea-ea-ea- eating today’
On the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] day to holly-day my sca-a-les said to me – ‘try to fill up on free foods today’
On the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] day to holly-day my sca-a-les said to me – ‘only o-o-one week to go’
On the 6[SUP]th[/SUP] day to holly-day my sca-a-les said to me – ‘co-o-ome on u ca-a-an do this’
On the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] day to holly-day my sca-a-les said to me – ‘ur nearly there now so no bi-i-ingeing’
On the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] day to holly-day my sca-a-les said to me – ’try to get more bo-o-o-dy magic in
On the 3rd day to holly-day my sca-a-les said to me – ‘for motivation try that biki-i-i-ni on!!’
On the 2nd day to holly-day my mirror said to me – ‘do-o-o-n’t bother packing that bik-i-i-ini’
On the last day to holly-day my sca-a-les said to me – ‘la-ast day now – you-ou-ou—ou-ou can do this!’

That realisation started the day off well with magic porage - fingers crossed that will continue! Salad for lunch I think and meat and veg for tea.

Off to Chester 2moro with granddaughter Izzy (13) a rare treat for me as she's at the age where her friends are everything!! So I'll have to be careful to avoid the café cakes, pizzas etc and make wise choices.

Hope the sun shines for us all - that we stick to the plan and have an enjoyable day xx

Love your rendition of hollyday! Keep up the good work and enjoy your holiday too.

Thank u - desperate measures to get myself on track - lol - hope ur doing ok? Keep telling myself it shd be easier in this good weather with salads etc but not for me lately!!

I did turkey drumsticks in the slow cooker --- after I had shortened the bone with some difficulty because they were too long --- they were good. All I did was put a couple of balls of foil under drumstick --think so it don`t stick --- I sprinkled chicken oxo on and cooked for 6 hours on low for two. I did check after 3 hrs. I know they say don`t open the lid but I needed to. The drumsticks were very very tender and very dark. Not sure if it was really worth it because they cost me £3.00 each, did two of us for dinner, a couple of rolls too and I picked at a lot of it. I would do again for two of us most definately but I would eat the lot I reckon.

Very tasty if you like the dark meat. Will get a turkey crown when Andy here though.

Back