NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hello Everyone. Enjoy your young visitors Doreen. Im sure you will have fun. It has been raining here and some thunder and lightning but it doesnt feel fresh. It still feels warmish. I did 92 lengths today which is 46 of standard pool. Mo :)

Oooh ur swimming's really coming along - well done - wish I could do that - it's such good exercise - but I really don't like the water! Silly really!

Very well done Mo. I feel the same as you Upndown. Don`t like the water.

I did like your holiday song though. Shame we can`t here you singing it.
Hope your day with Izzy has gone ok.

Very well done Mo. I feel the same as you Upndown. Don`t like the water.

I did like your holiday song though. Shame we can`t here you singing it.
Hope your day with Izzy has gone ok.

Thank u for the compliment Doreen - but u shd be grateful u can't hear me singing - the sound's not a good for ur ears!! Yes I'm looking forward to my day out with Izzy 2moro x

Wow what a busy weekend. Nik & Davina came here for 1pm with the children so lunches all round. Then to the show for 5.45pm to get a parking place. Back home driving in the dark :eek: around 9.15, food & drinks all round again. Davina was busy sorting the children, Nik was asleep and Jan could not wash up because she has no rubber gloves. I had had to leave washing up after dinner for us two because she did not want to eat too early so we had finished just as we needed to go to the show. Faye slept with me which was good so that we could talk about the show and how wonderful it was. She was sooo good, the show was fantastic.

Had the children here until Faye had to go to the theatre at noon to get ready for the matinee, but Flynn stayed with me until I dropped him off in Hertford to his Dad so that they could see the show too. I did have a good weekend overall but amnow cream crackered - Andy get here Wednesday. Flynn and I played allsorts including doing a big puzzle.

On my own now after driving back this time through a terrific storm, thunder & lightening with double speed wipers and no more than 40mph if that. Bedding all washed and dried - remembered to take the last in before I went out - Bathroom done while Flynn played hammer beads and watched Nanny McPhee.

Just really need to clean insides of windows, the rest is just general housework and to hide a coupld of rubbisdh bits in the shed.

Did have a good weekend despite the bit of moaning. I have overall eaten a bit too much today especially. Gonna work it all out and put it on tomorrow so I know where I am.

Hope some of you didn`t get the storm till now, it followed me home, the rest of the day was good but not as hot as yesterday.

Coffee, TV then early night. Was up at 6 need early night. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I did turkey drumsticks in the slow cooker --- after I had shortened the bone with some difficulty because they were too long --- they were good. All I did was put a couple of balls of foil under drumstick --think so it don`t stick --- I sprinkled chicken oxo on and cooked for 6 hours on low for two. I did check after 3 hrs. I know they say don`t open the lid but I needed to. The drumsticks were very very tender and very dark. Not sure if it was really worth it because they cost me £3.00 each, did two of us for dinner, a couple of rolls too and I picked at a lot of it. I would do again for two of us most definately but I would eat the lot I reckon.

Very tasty if you like the dark meat. Will get a turkey crown when Andy here though.

Oooh the turkey drumsticks sound tasty - I wdn't have thought of doing them in the slow cooker like that - but will try sometime - I love slow cooker food! Nice celebration meal coming up fo Andy's visit - I love a turkey crown - do u get it from the butcher I wonder?

Oooh the turkey drumsticks sound tasty - I wdn't have thought of doing them in the slow cooker like that - but will try sometime - I love slow cooker food! Nice celebration meal coming up fo Andy's visit - I love a turkey crown - do u get it from the butcher I wonder?

I will probably get it in Tesco. Nearest butcher 10 mile round trip. I misread you day out, hope good weather tomorrow.

Wow what a busy weekend. Nik & Davina came here for 1pm with the children so lunches all round. Then to the show for 5.45pm to get a parking place. Back home driving in the dark :eek: around 9.15, food & drinks all round again. Davina was busy sorting the children, Nik was asleep and Jan could not wash up because she has no rubber gloves. I had had to leave washing up after dinner for us two because she did not want to eat too early so we had finished just as we needed to go to the show. Faye slept with me which was good so that we could talk about the show and how wonderful it was. She was sooo good, the show was fantastic.

Had the children here until Faye had to go to the theatre at noon to get ready for the matinee, but Flynn stayed with me until I dropped him off in Hertford to his Dad so that they could see the show too. I did have a good weekend overall but amnow cream crackered - Andy get here Wednesday. Flynn and I played allsorts including doing a big puzzle.

On my own now after driving back this time through a terrific storm, thunder & lightening with double speed wipers and no more than 40mph if that. Bedding all washed and dried - remembered to take the last in before I went out - Bathroom done while Flynn played hammer beads and watched Nanny McPhee.

Just really need to clean insides of windows, the rest is just general housework and to hide a coupld of rubbisdh bits in the shed.

Did have a good weekend despite the bit of moaning. I have overall eaten a bit too much today especially. Gonna work it all out and put it on tomorrow so I know where I am.

Hope some of you didn`t get the storm till now, it followed me home, the rest of the day was good but not as hot as yesterday.

Coffee, TV then early night. Was up at 6 need early night. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gosh u have had a busy day - tip for u Doreen - always have some spare rubber gloves in for the nails all the young ones wear these days - I do!!

When my lot are all here there's 12 mouths to feed inc 1 veggie (DiL) but I make sure everyone has a job!! They're pretty good but sometimes need a nudge - which I'm more than happy to give!!

Bet ur getting excited about Andy's visit now - how exciting - and a good idea to get an early night.

Poor u driving in that thunderstorm - u did well - I hate driving even in heavy rain - brave u with the storm!! We've had a warm day here - so did a bit in the garden and went for a walk but it was cloudy for most of the day - sun came to say hello about 4.00.

My son and his family went down to Somerset to a music festival yesterday - stayed overnight - but as soon as they arrived home - the phone went - it was Poppy saying she'd missed us and wanted to stay the night - so that was nice - she's here now.

I will probably get it in Tesco. Nearest butcher 10 mile round trip. I misread you day out, hope good weather tomorrow.

Thanks - ur making me fancy turkey drumsticks and a crown and I've just had my tea - what am I like??

I might have put the wrong day down for trip with Izzy! I've checked the weather and it's dry in Chester - so that'll be good!

It wasn`t a young one that wanted the gloves but Davina`s mum. I didn`t mind the others sitting around as they had been helping out at the show with the other children etc. I do know though that Andy and Julie will be there every time. I reckon that with 6 of us - which I am definitely not used to - I will wish I still had a dishwaher - no not the kids, an electric one. :D

You didn`t get the day wrong I just read it wrong. Night night all xx

It wasn`t a young one that wanted the gloves but Davina`s mum. I didn`t mind the others sitting around as they had been helping out at the show with the other children etc. I do know though that Andy and Julie will be there every time. I reckon that with 6 of us - which I am definitely not used to - I will wish I still had a dishwaher - no not the kids, an electric one. :D

You didn`t get the day wrong I just read it wrong. Night night all xx

Oh dear - sorry u were left with the pots!! Glad Andy & Julie will do their bit! Yes dishwashers are handy! NIght, night xx

A lively day here - nice to read everyone's posts - hope Mo has had a nice lunch out? A better day for me today - thank goodness - here's how it went:

B: magic porage with berries
Missed lunch as I had late b'fast and wasn't hungry for a change
Snack: 2 pears
Tea: lamb steak with mint sauce, carrots, then veg from the garden - new potatoes, peas and mange tout, cabbage, and romanesco broccoli - a funny looking thing that has a mild broccoli taste with a sort of nutty flavour - pic below - do u think it looks like something from outer space? I sowed quite a few seeds but only one plant produced a broccoli head! For pudding I had a piece of shop bought toffee sponge cake (no cream or filling) say 10-12 syns??

ss milk in 3 coffees

I'm hoping that I'm back on track now - but will have to go careful 2moro on my day out.

romanesco.jpg

Hello Everyone. Wow! what a lot of posts. Brilliant!!! Doreen your turkey legs sound deicious. I love the dark meat. Didyou put any liquid in? You sound as if youve had a really busy weekend. Upndown - Have a wonderful day in Chester. Cloudy you sound as though you have been very busy this weekend.
I didnt swim today but did some housework instead. Breakfast 2 toast. Lunch- a warburton thin with cottage cheese and chives. But then.... roast pork dinner and lemn meringue pie at mh friends house. Very naughty.... but delicious.

Ive just found more posts lol.... washing up as well as cooking does not seem fair. That brocoli looks amazing !!!!! yes very space like lol

Hello Everyone. Wow! what a lot of posts. Brilliant!!! Doreen your turkey legs sound deicious. I love the dark meat. Didyou put any liquid in? You sound as if youve had a really busy weekend. Upndown - Have a wonderful day in Chester. Cloudy you sound as though you have been very busy this weekend.
I didnt swim today but did some housework instead. Breakfast 2 toast. Lunch- a warburton thin with cottage cheese and chives. But then.... roast pork dinner and lemn meringue pie at mh friends house. Very naughty.... but delicious.

Well ur keeping active and ur dinner wasn't over the top was it? And the rest of ur food today looks fine x

Not really had a chance to post as visitors have kept me very busy and added eldest daughter and nearly four year old grandson today, so 11 for two meals and a LOT of drinks. I do feel a bit frazzled, like Doreen, these visitors are the type that like to be waited on and even if they do try and help make it more work than its worth. So glad to fall into bed tonight, luckily they're early to bed people, so after a quick tidy downstairs I'm off too.

Oh, be warned... putting your five month old iPhone in a hot wash isn't a good idea <sob>, I'm back using my really old one. :( Such a stupid thing to do, I'd put it on top of the laundry basket to carry it downstairs this morning, trying to get an early start before they all got up and it must have slipped down amongst the towels and I didnt notice. Heard the clunking a few mins after turning it on but of course, the machine was full of hot soapy water by then. I could have cried and sworn alternately :( but drained machine, got it out and extracted the SIM card. At least that survived. I've dried out the phone after dismantling and put it in a box of rice in the airing cupboard but very much doubt it will work. I'm not very happy, I love my phone and feel list without it but at least had this old one and I do have backups of all photos etc on it. Hey ho, moaning doesn't help. Hope I don't have nightmares about it.
Night night all xx

Wow thats amazing that the sim card survived!!! brilliant. oooh you just be exhausted looking after all your guests. Thanks for the positve post about my food upndown. I did feel naughty but it was a lovely meal:)

Hi everybody.

Mo, no water in with the drumsticks. I had the rest today with jacket spud for lunch. Just stuck the bone in the microwave to heat it then ate. Delicious. Much better than in the oven. I did take skin off, but think I will leave it on next time. The edges dried when it got cold. Lemon meringue, how lovely, one of my favourites. Not had any for ages. I was going down to the nursery and have some bread and butter pudding, but have been too busy I am pleased to say. You and me doing housework today. I have even cleaned kitchen cupboards and sorted AND washed the glassware as it was dusty. Hardly gets used. Cupboards sure look good.

Upndown, that broccoli looks amazing, Your food sounded lovely too. I had cake yesterday but have been too busy to work it out.
I bet Poppy liked her sleepover with Nan. Is she all better now.
Hope you have enjoyed your day out with Izzy too.

And cloudy, wow, thank goodness the sim card was ok. I have picked up stuff and put in the machine before but not a phone. A brush and a notepad come to mind. Also having a bit of a moan on here helps I reckon. Lots of visitors, I think I would disintegrate with 11. !!

I am going to have a shower now before dinner, stayed in my nightclothes doing beds and sorting out drawers and etc.

Enjoy rest of days ladies. xx

Not really had a chance to post as visitors have kept me very busy and added eldest daughter and nearly four year old grandson today, so 11 for two meals and a LOT of drinks. I do feel a bit frazzled, like Doreen, these visitors are the type that like to be waited on and even if they do try and help make it more work than its worth. So glad to fall into bed tonight, luckily they're early to bed people, so after a quick tidy downstairs I'm off too.

Oh, be warned... putting your five month old iPhone in a hot wash isn't a good idea <sob>, I'm back using my really old one. :( Such a stupid thing to do, I'd put it on top of the laundry basket to carry it downstairs this morning, trying to get an early start before they all got up and it must have slipped down amongst the towels and I didnt notice. Heard the clunking a few mins after turning it on but of course, the machine was full of hot soapy water by then. I could have cried and sworn alternately :( but drained machine, got it out and extracted the SIM card. At least that survived. I've dried out the phone after dismantling and put it in a box of rice in the airing cupboard but very much doubt it will work. I'm not very happy, I love my phone and feel list without it but at least had this old one and I do have backups of all photos etc on it. Hey ho, moaning doesn't help. Hope I don't have nightmares about it.
Night night all xx

Oh no - what a pain about ur phone - hope the rice thing works - my hubby's friend dropped his phone in a river whilst he was fishing - and the rice dried it out! If not - at least u were wise and backed up ur info/pics.

Hope u get some peace this week after ur busy time - but with a baby in the house maybe not?

Hi everybody.

Mo, no water in with the drumsticks. I had the rest today with jacket spud for lunch. Just stuck the bone in the microwave to heat it then ate. Delicious. Much better than in the oven. I did take skin off, but think I will leave it on next time. The edges dried when it got cold. Lemon meringue, how lovely, one of my favourites. Not had any for ages. I was going down to the nursery and have some bread and butter pudding, but have been too busy I am pleased to say. You and me doing housework today. I have even cleaned kitchen cupboards and sorted AND washed the glassware as it was dusty. Hardly gets used. Cupboards sure look good.

Upndown, that broccoli looks amazing, Your food sounded lovely too. I had cake yesterday but have been too busy to work it out.
I bet Poppy liked her sleepover with Nan. Is she all better now.
Hope you have enjoyed your day out with Izzy too.

And cloudy, wow, thank goodness the sim card was ok. I have picked up stuff and put in the machine before but not a phone. A brush and a notepad come to mind. Also having a bit of a moan on here helps I reckon. Lots of visitors, I think I would disintegrate with 11. !!

I am going to have a shower now before dinner, stayed in my nightclothes doing beds and sorting out drawers and etc.

Enjoy rest of days ladies. xx

Oooh ur making me want those drumsticks now! My hubby and I love slow cooker stuff - so will def try that!

Well a great big tick in the body magic box for u today Doreen - and ur probably burning off lots of calories with the excitement u must be feeling with Andy's visit so close now.

Yes we had a good time with Poppy and Izzy but shattered now!

Here's how my food went today:

B: magic porage (with Mullerlight banana & custard flavour) - ran out of berries!!

Coffee shop mid morning - apple and a banana even tho' the cakes looked scrummy!!!

Lunch out - chicken salad - with lemon dressing & a sprinkle of seeds (HEB) but no pud - they had a low fat frozen yogurt but wasn't hungry after the salad - can u believe that! No sweets or ice cream either - bought some grapes - so v proud of myself :) hope that's not too arrogant!!

Still not hungry so don't fancy the SW chilli I'd thawed out for tea - but may eat it later. Wish I knew why sometimes I want to eat everything in sight throughout the day - yet at other times not hungry even at meal times - anyone else like that?

Monday 21st July

Hexa Milk hexb 2 wm bread

B: 2 toast 2 eggs 1/2 tin beans

L: 1.1/2 MCains Jackets (1.1/2 syns) turkey. Salad Cream( 1.1/2) Fresh Pineapple

D: 4 ww sausages (2syns) mashed potatoes and beans
Fresh pineapple.

TOTAL SYNS 3.1/2.

Wow thats amazing that the sim card survived!!! brilliant. oooh you just be exhausted looking after all your guests. Thanks for the positve post about my food upndown. I did feel naughty but it was a lovely meal:)

Hope ur day's gone well again today Mo - ur back in the zone - well done!

Back