NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi everybody.

Mo, no water in with the drumsticks. I had the rest today with jacket spud for lunch. Just stuck the bone in the microwave to heat it then ate. Delicious. Much better than in the oven. I did take skin off, but think I will leave it on next time. The edges dried when it got cold. Lemon meringue, how lovely, one of my favourites. Not had any for ages. I was going down to the nursery and have some bread and butter pudding, but have been too busy I am pleased to say. You and me doing housework today. I have even cleaned kitchen cupboards and sorted AND washed the glassware as it was dusty. Hardly gets used. Cupboards sure look good.

Upndown, that broccoli looks amazing, Your food sounded lovely too. I had cake yesterday but have been too busy to work it out.
I bet Poppy liked her sleepover with Nan. Is she all better now.
Hope you have enjoyed your day out with Izzy too.

And cloudy, wow, thank goodness the sim card was ok. I have picked up stuff and put in the machine before but not a phone. A brush and a notepad come to mind. Also having a bit of a moan on here helps I reckon. Lots of visitors, I think I would disintegrate with 11. !!

I am going to have a shower now before dinner, stayed in my nightclothes doing beds and sorting out drawers and etc.

Enjoy rest of days ladies. xx

Please don't mention lemon meringue pie ladies, its my all time favourite pudding and now I really want some!! I wonder if there is a good SW alternative. I could do without the pastry actually, its the lemony bit I love and the gooey meringue but crispy on the top....ooh I'll have to stop thinking about it!! :rolleyes:

Those turkey drumsticks sound good, might do that at some time as I love turkey, though really I do prefer the breast meat. I keep saying I'll get a turkey crown to cook, then freeze some slices for when I need it but haven't got round to it yet.

Upndown - hope you had a super day out with Izzy, it's great to take a day and spend time just doing what you want and as you say, they grow up so quickly, there aren't always that many chances.

The iPhone is still in the box of rice in the airing cupboard but I've now removed the battery and ordered a new one as supposedly its that which often gets ruined. I still reckon its a tiny chance it will work but the battery is only £3 so considering the price of a new phone, eek, its worth a punt. I'm still kicking myself at the stupidity, I was too busy rushing around but can't blame anyone else, it was my own fault. C'est la vie, as they say.
Must admit I'm going to enjoy the peace and as hubby also goes back to work tomorrow, just me, my daughter and baby grandaughter here, it'll be a doddle and we can just do as we please, when we please. Which will mean very little! lol

Have a good evening everyone :)

Oh no - what a pain about ur phone - hope the rice thing works - my hubby's friend dropped his phone in a river whilst he was fishing - and the rice dried it out! If not - at least u were wise and backed up ur info/pics.

Hope u get some peace this week after ur busy time - but with a baby in the house maybe not?

Thanks... watch this space. I've checked our household content insurance and it is covered BUT we have to pay the first £250 of any claim, so not sure I'd bother. I'll probably get a second hand one if it doesn't work after the new battery, see my post in reply to Nanny Doreen.

The little one is such a little angel, that she's a dream to look after, has never woken us at night yet, believe it or not (and she's just over three months now) and is happy to lay and coo and giggle and is easily entertained during the day. Much easier than her Mum was at that age, or her auntie lol.

Please don't mention lemon meringue pie ladies, its my all time favourite pudding and now I really want some!! I wonder if there is a good SW alternative. I could do without the pastry actually, its the lemony bit I love and the gooey meringue but crispy on the top....ooh I'll have to stop thinking about it!! :rolleyes:

Those turkey drumsticks sound good, might do that at some time as I love turkey, though really I do prefer the breast meat. I keep saying I'll get a turkey crown to cook, then freeze some slices for when I need it but haven't got round to it yet.

Upndown - hope you had a super day out with Izzy, it's great to take a day and spend time just doing what you want and as you say, they grow up so quickly, there aren't always that many chances.

The iPhone is still in the box of rice in the airing cupboard but I've now removed the battery and ordered a new one as supposedly its that which often gets ruined. I still reckon its a tiny chance it will work but the battery is only £3 so considering the price of a new phone, eek, its worth a punt. I'm still kicking myself at the stupidity, I was too busy rushing around but can't blame anyone else, it was my own fault. C'est la vie, as they say.
Must admit I'm going to enjoy the peace and as hubby also goes back to work tomorrow, just me, my daughter and baby grandaughter here, it'll be a doddle and we can just do as we please, when we please. Which will mean very little! lol

Have a good evening everyone :)

Hey take a look at this:

Lemon meringue pie - Recipes - Slimming World

only prob I can see is that it serves 8 - perhaps u'd better invite some of ur visitors back!! Or u cd leave out the pastry?!

Yes enjoy the peace whilst the little one's asleep!

Had a good day out and managed to control the food - which is a miracle looking back at recent performance!!

Oooh ur making me want those drumsticks now! My hubby and I love slow cooker stuff - so will def try that!

Well a great big tick in the body magic box for u today Doreen - and ur probably burning off lots of calories with the excitement u must be feeling with Andy's visit so close now.

Yes we had a good time with Poppy and Izzy but shattered now!

Here's how my food went today:

B: magic porage (with Mullerlight banana & custard flavour) - ran out of berries!!

Coffee shop mid morning - apple and a banana even tho' the cakes looked scrummy!!!

Lunch out - chicken salad - with lemon dressing & a sprinkle of seeds (HEB) but no pud - they had a low fat frozen yogurt but wasn't hungry after the salad - can u believe that! No sweets or ice cream either - bought some grapes - so v proud of myself :) hope that's not too arrogant!!

Still not hungry so don't fancy the SW chilli I'd thawed out for tea - but may eat it later. Wish I knew why sometimes I want to eat everything in sight throughout the day - yet at other times not hungry even at meal times - anyone else like that?

Wow, you were VERY strong willed to resist the cakes and a pud later on, definitely NOT arrogant, you should be proud of yourself!
It's weird about the hunger thing... I am the same, for no apparent reason can suddenly just want to eat all day long and not even things I particularly like sometimes. Very annoying but no idea why.

Thanks... watch this space. I've checked our household content insurance and it is covered BUT we have to pay the first £250 of any claim, so not sure I'd bother. I'll probably get a second hand one if it doesn't work after the new battery, see my post in reply to Nanny Doreen.

The little one is such a little angel, that she's a dream to look after, has never woken us at night yet, believe it or not (and she's just over three months now) and is happy to lay and coo and giggle and is easily entertained during the day. Much easier than her Mum was at that age, or her auntie lol.

Ah - I think it's a really special time having a baby in the house - and one that sleeps is a dream too! Well u must have done something right when u brought up her Mum then!! xx

Wow, you were VERY strong willed to resist the cakes and a pud later on, definitely NOT arrogant, you should be proud of yourself!
It's weird about the hunger thing... I am the same, for no apparent reason can suddenly just want to eat all day long and not even things I particularly like sometimes. Very annoying but no idea why.

Thx - yes another dieting mystery it'd lbe good to solve !!

Monday 21st July

Hexa Milk hexb 2 wm bread

B: 2 toast 2 eggs 1/2 tin beans

L: 1.1/2 MCains Jackets (1.1/2 syns) turkey. Salad Cream( 1.1/2) Fresh Pineapple

D: 4 ww sausages (2syns) mashed potatoes and beans
Fresh pineapple.

TOTAL SYNS 3.1/2.

Mmm yummy food today Nanny Doreen! I've had fresh fruit/yogurt for brekkie, salad with leftover cold chicken and a few tiny cold new potatoes for lunch, with some fresh pineapple and then a peach afterwards. An Alpen light bar (Cherry Bakewell, my fave) and a pear mid afternoon after our visitors left and I collapsed in the garden for a bit lol and not long ago, SW potato wedges with chilli con carne - ooh, forgot to say thanks to upndown as it was her recipe and delish it was! Thanks Linda :)
I'm now contemplating a cuppa, a mullerlight skinny capucchino yogurt and of course, my daily 3squares of Dairy Milk, my end of the day treat. :D

Hey take a look at this:

Lemon meringue pie - Recipes - Slimming World

only prob I can see is that it serves 8 - perhaps u'd better invite some of ur visitors back!! Or u cd leave out the pastry?!

Yes enjoy the peace whilst the little one's asleep!

Had a good day out and managed to control the food - which is a miracle looking back at recent performance!!

Ooh thanks for that, I've bookmarked it and will add lemons, and gelatine to the shopping list as I don't have either. I think I'd be quite happy without the pastry actually, though no idea how that would affect the syns. Not sure it would serve eight with me around lol, so maybe it would have to be a day when we had visitors - not the ones that have left as they, lovely as they were, were rather hard work, they are just those kind of people, if you know what I mean! They travel a lot and are used to being waited on and although they offer to help, its not the kind of help that is helpful lol.

Oooh ur making me want those drumsticks now! My hubby and I love slow cooker stuff - so will def try that!

Well a great big tick in the body magic box for u today Doreen - and ur probably burning off lots of calories with the excitement u must be feeling with Andy's visit so close now.

Yes we had a good time with Poppy and Izzy but shattered now!

Here's how my food went today:

B: magic porage (with Mullerlight banana & custard flavour) - ran out of berries!!

Coffee shop mid morning - apple and a banana even tho' the cakes looked scrummy!!!

Lunch out - chicken salad - with lemon dressing & a sprinkle of seeds (HEB) but no pud - they had a low fat frozen yogurt but wasn't hungry after the salad - can u believe that! No sweets or ice cream either - bought some grapes - so v proud of myself :) hope that's not too arrogant!!

Still not hungry so don't fancy the SW chilli I'd thawed out for tea - but may eat it later. Wish I knew why sometimes I want to eat everything in sight throughout the day - yet at other times not hungry even at meal times - anyone else like that?

Good for you with your food out today. If you can`t be proud of yourself who can. I am always proud and pleased if I have had a good day. Especially today with the body magic too as you said. Helps to make me tired all this work so will be in bed by 9pm. No more food needed or wanted ............. as you say why some days and not others?????????????

One day nearer to Wednesday 10pm. No early night then. Andy and family are in LA till tomorrow, they will leave Wed morning.

:) :clap: :D :talk017:

Good for you with your food out today. If you can`t be proud of yourself who can. I am always proud and pleased if I have had a good day. Especially today with the body magic too as you said. Helps to make me tired all this work so will be in bed by 9pm. No more food needed or wanted ............. as you say why some days and not others?????????????

One day nearer to Wednesday 10pm. No early night then. Andy and family are in LA till tomorrow, they will leave Wed morning.

:) :clap: :D

Yes get some rest in b4 Andy arrives - u'll be having some late nights then I guess!!

Ooh thanks for that, I've bookmarked it and will add lemons, and gelatine to the shopping list as I don't have either. I think I'd be quite happy without the pastry actually, though no idea how that would affect the syns. Not sure it would serve eight with me around lol, so maybe it would have to be a day when we had visitors - not the ones that have left as they, lovely as they were, were rather hard work, they are just those kind of people, if you know what I mean! They travel a lot and are used to being waited on and although they offer to help, its not the kind of help that is helpful lol.

I reckon if u did without the pastry - it'd come out very low - the link below says 225g of pastry is 52 syns - so u cd eat it all urself!! But just read the recipe and wonder how the meringue wd work out being cooked under the grill?

Maybe it'd be better to do the lemon mixture & put it in individ dishes and put a shop bought meringue - think they're about 1.5 syns each (crushed or whole) on the top? Fancy that myself now!!

And unfortunately I know only to well what u mean about that kind of visitor - ha ha!!

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/178639-syns-jus-roll-shortcrust-pastry-sheet-225g.html

Last edited:
Hello chums. Ive just caught up with posts. Im trying something new so will try it and log back on to report:)

Hello chums. Ive just caught up with posts. Im trying something new so will try it and log back on to report:)

Oooh sounds interesting - look forward to hearing about it!!

I reckon if u did without the pastry - it'd come out very low - the link below says 225g of pastry is 52 syns - so u cd eat it all urself!! But just read the recipe and wonder how the meringue wd work out being cooked under the grill?

Maybe it'd be better to do the lemon mixture & put it in individ dishes and put a shop bought meringue - think they're about 1.5 syns each (crushed or whole) on the top? Fancy that myself now!!

And unfortunately I know only to well what u mean about that kind of visitor - ha ha!!

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/178639-syns-jus-roll-shortcrust-pastry-sheet-225g.html

Ooh thanks very much Linda, that's useful to read. I do love meringue nests, I sometimes break one up and put in my fave skinny capuchino yogurts, for a treat lol. But on lemon meringue I love the gooey inside bit as much as the crunchy top, so maybe I'll experiment a bit when I get a chance. I'll let you know if and when I do. :)

Ooh I wonder what Mo is up to? Is she going to skip in modelling her latest skimpy outfit, or produce a new recipe that we can reach into the ether and sample (hope so! lol) or maybe she's going to sing for us.....

/waits patiently on the sidelines to see

Mmm yummy food today Nanny Doreen! I've had fresh fruit/yogurt for brekkie, salad with leftover cold chicken and a few tiny cold new potatoes for lunch, with some fresh pineapple and then a peach afterwards. An Alpen light bar (Cherry Bakewell, my fave) and a pear mid afternoon after our visitors left and I collapsed in the garden for a bit lol and not long ago, SW potato wedges with chilli con carne - ooh, forgot to say thanks to upndown as it was her recipe and delish it was! Thanks Linda :)
I'm now contemplating a cuppa, a mullerlight skinny capucchino yogurt and of course, my daily 3squares of Dairy Milk, my end of the day treat. :D

Yes that recipe really is the best I've tasted - for both low and 'normal' fat content!

You def earned that rest in the garden!

And I keep meaning to say I think ur doing really really well with ur controlled 3 square choc portions - I dream of being able to do that sort of thing!!

Ooh thanks very much Linda, that's useful to read. I do love meringue nests, I sometimes break one up and put in my fave skinny capuchino yogurts, for a treat lol. But on lemon meringue I love the gooey inside bit as much as the crunchy top, so maybe I'll experiment a bit when I get a chance. I'll let you know if and when I do. :)

Thx - I'd be interested to hear how u get on - perhaps someone else will have some ideas too?

I will try to do that recipe sometime myself sometime - but have enough temptation right now so it'd better be after my hols (or even after I've lost the inevitable hol gain!)

Ooh I wonder what Mo is up to? Is she going to skip in modelling her latest skimpy outfit, or produce a new recipe that we can reach into the ether and sample (hope so! lol) or maybe she's going to sing for us.....

/waits patiently on the sidelines to see

Yes the suspense is killing :rolleyes:

Yes that recipe really is the best I've tasted - for both low and 'normal' fat content!

You def earned that rest in the garden!

And I keep meaning to say I think ur doing really really well with ur controlled 3 square choc portions - I dream of being able to do that sort of thing!!

I've filed the recipe in my binder as it is definitely one to keep making. I made a huge pot as an alternative yesterday and it went down well but happily, there are at least three portions left, now in the freezer so I know I have something yummy when I fancy it.

It's odd re the three squares thing.... I can be a real pig, believe me, when it comes to, er, well most food really lol but for some reason those three squares are enough. I bite each one in half and just let it melt on my tongue, more or less, it takes ages, especially if its been in the fridge.

lol lol lol lol I wish I could sing through the ether as my news is a big disappointment. Sorry. I have just cooked Thai butternut squash and chick pea curry.:(

Back