NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

lol lol sorry got the wrong face and then couldnt delete it. This has been quite an adventure a I have never cooked any Thai food before and until Saturday when I went searching for the ingredients I had never seen lemon grass. I found the recipe on the minimum ingredients thread. It was really tasty apart from my error!! I thought it was 2 tins of chick peas not one . Never mind it was a voyage of discovery lol

lol lol sorry got the wrong face and then couldnt delete it. This has been quite an adventure a I have never cooked any Thai food before and until Saturday when I went searching for the ingredients I had never seen lemon grass. I found the recipe on the minimum ingredients thread. It was really tasty apart from my error!! I thought it was 2 tins of chick peas not one . Never mind it was a voyage of discovery lol

Sounds yummy! It's always nice when you follow a new recipe and it turns out well, in my case, if it turns out edible I consider that a good result lol. :)
Chocko's thread is brilliant, I've found loads of ideas on there.

Thanks Cloudy. I think edible is a good result too lol. Getting the lemon grass was a laugh. Fortunately I had helped a lady find something she was looking for so I asked her what lemon grass looked like...... and Im pleased to say she knew. On reflection of course I should have googled it before shopping lol. Glad you like my avatar. I always think its cheerful. :)

I've filed the recipe in my binder as it is definitely one to keep making. I made a huge pot as an alternative yesterday and it went down well but happily, there are at least three portions left, now in the freezer so I know I have something yummy when I fancy it.

It's odd re the three squares thing.... I can be a real pig, believe me, when it comes to, er, well most food really lol but for some reason those three squares are enough. I bite each one in half and just let it melt on my tongue, more or less, it takes ages, especially if its been in the fridge.

drool.. drool.... after that last sentence!!

lol lol lol lol I wish I could sing through the ether as my news is a big disappointment. Sorry. I have just cooked Thai butternut squash and chick pea curry.:(

Not a disappointment - always handy to hear of a nice recipe - esp an easy one!

Oh my food for today.
2 toast. covent garden skinny green soup with a warburtn thin. butternut squash and chick pea curry with rice and strawberries. :)

Oh my food for today.
2 toast. covent garden skinny green soup with a warburtn thin. butternut squash and chick pea curry with rice and strawberries. :)

Another good day Mo - ur well on track for a good loss this week! When is ur weigh in?

I think weigh in day will be Wednesday. When is your class?

Good luck for Wednesdays then!

My WI was this morning - just a quick one today - sts the same but happy with that after a wobbly week - in fact that's a good result considering!!

Good luck for Wednesdays then!

My WI was this morning - just a quick one today - sts the same but happy with that after a wobbly week - in fact that's a good result considering!!

Ah but there's far less of you to wobble hehe. :D

Ah but there's far less of you to wobble hehe. :D

Thx - hope everyone's well?

Drum roll for Doreen and the imminent arrival of Andy!!

I'll do a post for Mo now!

Feel a bit tired after full day out - so must need to build up stamina now!! Had a pretty good day - made the best choices I could and counted calories as near as poss and had about 1500 but won't list food now.

Out again 2moro - meeting my sister then things calm down a bit!

Hi peeps just trying to do the rounds but you all speed ahead. What will it be like when i look after 3 weeks hols!!

I hope its all going well. Well done on the sts upndown i know you were worried but you really are doing great. Keep going, how many days til your hols?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lol I've had my calm'ish day today then got friends coming tomorrow, staying just one night, so not too much extra work in the kitchen, just all the bedding again afterwards. At least in this heat it dries quickly but I don't like the ironing when it's hot lol.

Have a good day with your sister tomorrow :)

Good luck Mo for your weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed for a good loss this week.

Not sure if Doreen will get a chance to look in but have a super dooper time with your son, it will be lovely for you after all the anticipation and getting ready. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thx and boo to ironing - lazy me just tumbles the bedding when I take it off the line the lay it out carefully - the throw and a couple of cushions take the eye away from the creases anyway!

Very quiet ladies!! I've overeaten on a day out with my sis today - shattered after 3 days out on trot - home now until I recover lol Hope u've all had a good day - bet Doreen is counting the seconds to Andy's arrival now - enjoy it all xx

Thx and boo to ironing - lazy me just tumbles the bedding when I take it off the line the lay it out carefully - the throw and a couple of cushions take the eye away from the creases anyway!

Lol I do just tumble normally for our bedding but the spare rooms both have white quilts (yeah, mad I know) and they look dreadful if they're creased and being king-sized quilts they crease more in the drier. :rolleyes:

Back