NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hello Everyone. I didnt weigh this morning as I had a nurse appointment and had to be out so early. I will weigh in the morniung. Everyone sounds as though they are having lots of fun. My OH came home last night so today has been lovely with swimming this morning and then walj along the front to the harbour to spend the afternoon with him on the boat. I did my 80 ie 40. It was great :(:)

Sorry the purple face was a mistake and I couldnt delete it. The :)

Lol I do just tumble normally for our bedding but the spare rooms both have white quilts (yeah, mad I know) and they look dreadful if they're creased and being king-sized quilts they crease more in the drier. :rolleyes:

I love cream and white bedding and it's on all our beds - bonkers esp with the grandchildren - but everyone has to put up with the creases!!

Not been hungry today - but will have some lunch now to stop the munchies turning into a binge later!

How are u coping with all the food for ur visitors??

Hi peeps just trying to do the rounds but you all speed ahead. What will it be like when i look after 3 weeks hols!!

I hope its all going well. Well done on the sts upndown i know you were worried but you really are doing great. Keep going, how many days til your hols?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Seen from ur diary that ur doing really well!!

8 sleeps to go before our hols - really looking forward to it :)!!

But :eek: eek number one - I'd like to lose a couple of pounds b4 we go - and :eek: number two - not sure how I'm going to manage my weight whilst I'm away - really can't bear the thought of putting loads on for the month we're away!!

Wondering if I could do the 5:2 fast diet :rolleyes: if it's hot I've got half a chance lol!!

Bet ur having a lovely time with Andy and won't see this for a while Doreen - but wanted to pop in and say hello!

Hello Everyone. I didnt weigh this morning as I had a nurse appointment and had to be out so early. I will weigh in the morniung. Everyone sounds as though they are having lots of fun. My OH came home last night so today has been lovely with swimming this morning and then walj along the front to the harbour to spend the afternoon with him on the boat. I did my 80 ie 40. It was great :(:)

Glad ur having fun and exercising - hope ur Wi brought good news - u've been so good this week!

Well I had a good day today - I've been trying and failing to do the 5:2 diet - 500 cals for 2 days and a generous 1800 for 5 (cals allowed depend on ur weight & activity)

Thought it might be a way to manage my holiday and maybe a way to maintain - I've been reading some of the 5:2 threads and it seems to work well for some ppl. I'm still not confident I'll be able to do it but will try and do another on Monday - here's what I had today:

Brunch: chopped banana and ff greek yog with a few chopped apricots 200 cals

Tea: a slice of pizza & a huge salad with balsamic vinegar 250 cals

Snack: a few strawbs and mange tout - 50 cals

Fruit tea and water

Very quiet here again - everyone shd be having a good day - Doreen and Cloudy with their visitors, Mo's OH is home and Bubble is doing well on her James Duncan diet!

Hello Upndown. Wow you have had so little to eat. I :)hope you are ok. I did my swimming today which was great. Im sure Cloudy and Doreen are having a great time.

Very quiet here again - everyone shd be having a good day - Doreen and Cloudy with their visitors, Mo's OH is home and Bubble is doing well on her James Duncan diet!

Friends have now gone.... lovely to see them but think it's all caught up with me. I'm shattered, which is also from the heat and humidity, roll on rain and cold lol.... ok, maybe not but a little cooler would suit me. I'm going to sit in the garden with a cuppa, then going to bed early. Have a good day tomorrow everyone. x

Hi - hope everyone's enjoying the weather - it's a bit cooler but still very pleasant - aren't we lucky?

I've had a bad few days and today's not started off well either - must get back on track - off on hols on Friday :eek:

Hope ur all doing better than me! Xx

Friends have now gone.... lovely to see them but think it's all caught up with me. I'm shattered, which is also from the heat and humidity, roll on rain and cold lol.... ok, maybe not but a little cooler would suit me. I'm going to sit in the garden with a cuppa, then going to bed early. Have a good day tomorrow everyone. x

Sounds like u deserved that cuppa and early night - hope ur rested now? my youngest son and his daughter came home for a few days over the weekend it was good to see them but I over ate and continued today - must sort myself out - had a sts last week - hope ur still doing well?

Sounds like u deserved that cuppa and early night - hope ur rested now? my youngest son and his daughter came home for a few days over the weekend it was good to see them but I over ate and continued today - must sort myself out - had a sts last week - hope ur still doing well?

Thanks... it's been a funny old week really, busy but I've mostly stuck to plan, in fact, probably not having enough food if anything but have been drinking lots, as it's been so hot. Think I should be down a lb or one and half if I'm lucky, by Friday. Though we went out for lunch today, to the pub, to celebrate my eldest daughters birthday. I had sticky chicken salad for my main course, with dressing on the side (but I did have a little of it) and gave the croutons to hubby. No idea of the syns but doubt it was that bad. I had already planned to have a pudding but when it came to it, I actually just had the 'taster' pud, lemon meringue mess, which was basically whipped cream, meringue and lemon curd, in a shot glass, so not much of it. Doubt I'll have gone over syns for the day, so not worrying about it at all. I also only had iced mineral water to drink (I don't really drink alcohol anyway and didn't fancy anything else lol).
I surprised myself as I had been perfectly happy to have a day right off plan and just have whatever I fancied but in the end, I didn't really want anything heavy. Was nice to come out feeling just 'not hungry' rather than, like the rest of the family, rather overstuffed. I do seem to find it easier when I'm *with* others, I think my downfall is being bored and home alone, then I go hunting for the biscuits, crisps or chocolate!

So, how you doing? Have you been really bad or just not really quite on plan?

Thanks... it's been a funny old week really, busy but I've mostly stuck to plan, in fact, probably not having enough food if anything but have been drinking lots, as it's been so hot. Think I should be down a lb or one and half if I'm lucky, by Friday. Though we went out for lunch today, to the pub, to celebrate my eldest daughters birthday. I had sticky chicken salad for my main course, with dressing on the side (but I did have a little of it) and gave the croutons to hubby. No idea of the syns but doubt it was that bad. I had already planned to have a pudding but when it came to it, I actually just had the 'taster' pud, lemon meringue mess, which was basically whipped cream, meringue and lemon curd, in a shot glass, so not much of it. Doubt I'll have gone over syns for the day, so not worrying about it at all. I also only had iced mineral water to drink (I don't really drink alcohol anyway and didn't fancy anything else lol).
I surprised myself as I had been perfectly happy to have a day right off plan and just have whatever I fancied but in the end, I didn't really want anything heavy. Was nice to come out feeling just 'not hungry' rather than, like the rest of the family, rather overstuffed. I do seem to find it easier when I'm *with* others, I think my downfall is being bored and home alone, then I go hunting for the biscuits, crisps or chocolate!

So, how you doing? Have you been really bad or just not really quite on plan?

You're doing really well - I love that feeling of being in control & I feel happier plus I like what the scales say too. So really don't understand why I ever fall off the wagon at all - but fallen off it I have this last few days!!

Cooey Mo... how are you doing? I wonder how Nanny D is getting on with her son there too? Hope all is good for you both. :)

Yes Hi to Mo and Doreen - Mo's in the Lakes I think and we know Doreen will be having lots of fun with the family!!

Forgot to say my iPhone has had a miraculous recovery too... all apart from the camera. So I'll order a replacement from Amazon and do that next week, I'm quite competent with fixing phones and laptops, I trained as a technician but then didn't actually take a job to do it, just from home, fixing friend and family laptops, I'm very popular lol.

Forgot to say my iPhone has had a miraculous recovery too... all apart from the camera. So I'll order a replacement from Amazon and do that next week, I'm quite competent with fixing phones and laptops, I trained as a technician but then didn't actually take a job to do it, just from home, fixing friend and family laptops, I'm very popular lol.

That's great - clever u - I only need to look at a screwdriver & go weak at the knees (not in a good way!) A good advert for Apple too! Presume u mean u'll only need a replacement camera?

Back