NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Yep replace the camera and back cover (may as well, it had a little scratch on the back anyway) hopefully for under £20

wow again - that's really good considering what it's been thro - clever u!

Just to let you know I am around. Wedding was great and my NZ family are leaving me Thursday. I will definitely be back on by Friday. Love Doreen x

Eating lots of lovely food. My sons, partners children and myself going out for a meal together Wednesday evening.

Just to let you know I am around. Wedding was great and my NZ family are leaving me Thursday. I will definitely be back on by Friday. Love Doreen x

Eating lots of lovely food. My sons, partners children and myself going out for a meal together Wednesday evening.
Good to hear from u - nice of u to make the time - enjoy it all! xx

Why is it that some days I'm eating everything in sight when others I can get by on fresh air?? After almost a week of gorging I've had a light day (for me anyway!):

B: an orange
L: fruit salad - peach, banana, apple, Satsuma
Snack: orange
T: corn on cob (S & P - no butter tho'!) then lamb steak and a huge salad
3 coffees with ss milk

Not going to eat anymore today but may allow myself another coffee - nothing fatty or sugary - my body's had enough of that lately!!

It's that million dollar question again and I wish I knew the answer. It feels so much better after a light day too, no bloating, no guilty feelings, more energy usually in fact. You'd think our brain would keep that in mind and stop us over indulging, tch but it doesn't.
Anyway, great food day for you, keep it up for the rest of the days till your holiday, not long now. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

It's that million dollar question again and I wish I knew the answer. It feels so much better after a light day too, no bloating, no guilty feelings, more energy usually in fact. You'd think our brain would keep that in mind and stop us over indulging, tch but it doesn't.
Anyway, great food day for you, keep it up for the rest of the days till your holiday, not long now. X

Thanks - yes that's the plan (to be on plan!) until we go away on Thursday.

Then whilst we're away - to try to either do SW 5 days a week or do the 5:2 (2 days a week on 500 cals and 5 days on 1800 cals) I'll have to see how I get on - but my clothes shd help - only taking smaller sizes with me - and we're not going to a nudist colony!

I could do a lot of damage during the month we're away and just can't face coming back to a huge number on the scales when I get back!!

Deleted and re-posted!!

Rofl at nudist colony! Ah well, you can't gain too much then as nothing will fit. Remind me where you're off to? My empty is like a colander, full of holes!

..yes well that's what it'll come to if I overeat!!

We're off to mid Wales this next week with the 3 grandchildren 13, 9 and 2.5 - we're staying at a farm where they film a Welsh children's tv programme and we're staying in one of the 3 themed cottages there - there's a converted barn for play (thank goodness as forecast not too good!) and a café which also delivers meals to the cottages - hopefully they'll have some healthy options to keep chores to a minimum!

Next week we're off to Limoges, France for 3 weeks - staying in a gite in the grounds of a chateau which is a hotel so we can eat there - crossing everything so's not to have a massive gain to face when we get back!!

How's your week going - are u planning to go away?

We're off to mid Wales this next week with the 3 grandchildren 13, 9 and 2.5 - we're staying at a farm where they film a Welsh children's tv programme and we're staying in one of the 3 themed cottages there - there's a converted barn for play (thank goodness as forecast not too good!) and a café which also delivers meals to the cottages - hopefully they'll have some healthy options to keep chores to a minimum!

Next week we're off to Limoges, France for 3 weeks - staying in a gite in the grounds of a chateau which is a hotel so we can eat there - crossing everything so's not to have a massive gain to face when we get back!!

Wow, two very different weeks but I'm sure they are both going to be amazing. The first week could be pretty exhausting and reckon you'll burn off lots of calories chasing the kids around lol.
The gite sounds amazing! Have you been to the area/done that sort of thing before or is this a completely new kind of holiday for you? I'm dead nosey me, love to know why people choose what they do hehe.
We aren't going anywhere this year, just days out with the family I think. We did vaguely think about booking somewhere late on but haven't done anything about it yet. I think I want to concentrate on sorting things here and also losing the rest of the weight, without time out, as I'm rubbish at sticking on any kind of plan while away and find it really hard to get back to it afterwards too :-( I keep looking at my predicted losses and thinking that I 'could' be at target by Christmas, which is keeping me going.
:rolleyes:

Yes we'll need the 2nd hol after a week with the children!! They're very good but there's a reason why we have children when we're young!!

We have rented gites before and we love France and the freedom of self catering esp with this one having the option of having meals cooked for us. We're going to Central France near a town called Limoges - we went to that area a few years ago and fancied going back.

We're both fair skinned so that's far enough south for us in August! This place is set in 3 acres and they have bikes available - we like cycling so at least we'll get some exercise to work off those cals!!

Know what u mean about sticking to the plan on hols - and you're doing so well I can understand not wanting to break that precious pattern & with ur recent track record just know u'll make it to target by Christmas!.

I wasn't hungry today again for some reason - so it was easy to stick to the plan :

B: fruit salad
L: fruit salad
T: SW chilli and rice
Snack: peach and apple

I'll be travelling for half the day 2moro to pick up Owen and then drive on to the accommodation - not sure what wifi will be like in the cottage as it's in a rural area - but will try to keep in touch a few times during the week - I'll miss my browsing time here and chatting to u all.

I hope Mo is enjoying her break in the lakes and know that Doreen will be loving having the family from New Zealand over and the family meal.

Hope u all have a good on plan week!!

Yes we'll need the 2nd hol after a week with the children!! They're very good but there's a reason why we have children when we're young!!

We have rented gites before and we love France and the freedom of self catering esp with this one having the option of having meals cooked for us. We're going to Central France near a town called Limoges - we went to that area a few years ago and fancied going back.

We're both fair skinned so that's far enough south for us in August! This place is set in 3 acres and they have bikes available - we like cycling so at least we'll get some exercise to work off those cals!!

Know what u mean about sticking to the plan on hols - and you're doing so well I can understand not wanting to break that precious pattern & with ur recent track record just know u'll make it to target by Christmas!.

I wasn't hungry today again for some reason - so it was easy to stick to the plan :

B: fruit salad
L: fruit salad
T: SW chilli and rice
Snack: peach and apple

I'll be travelling for half the day 2moro to pick up Owen and then drive on to the accommodation - not sure what wifi will be like in the cottage as it's in a rural area - but will try to keep in touch a few times during the week - I'll miss my browsing time here and chatting to u all.

I hope Mo is enjoying her break in the lakes and know that Doreen will be loving having the family from New Zealand over and the family meal.

Hope u all have a good on plan week!!

Will miss you too! Have a wonderful month. Travel safe and be well xx

That sounds really fantastic. Have a wonderful time.

I had a great time with Andy, Julie, Ethan, Fletcher & Ethan. They got the train at 8.15 this morning. I feel happy that I had time with them but empty and sad that they have gone. All the children at the wedding got on fantastically well.
I can`t go into it at the moment as it just makes me cry and I don`t want to cry to myself, it doesn`t really help, but I am sure I will do later. Oh I feel so bad.

I did not get weighed last week as one of the children was not well and he stayed with me at home. Got weighed today and I maintained. Pleased with that. I now have to knuckle under and lose all the weight I put on prior to their visit.

Thursday 31st July

hexa milk s\s
Hexb 2 bread

B. 3 bananas

D: boiled/mashed spud 350g. broccoli and lamb about 120g
Melon

2 bread. 1 banana and a little more lamb

Last edited:
It's so hard saying goodbye I can imagine :( but you've made some lovely memories. You've done really well weight wise!! Great food today too.
We've had a long day out, which was nice but I did have an icecream cone (really yummy) but salad lunch and will be having small portion of shepherds pie shortly with lots of veg. Weigh in tomorrow but suspect I may STS. X

Stayed the same Nanny D, my first ever sts and no gains, so not complaining. Will try harder next week, I really want to lose 3lbs to go down a stone.
Have a good day today and weekend. I have lots of housework to do, hopefully fit in a bit of gardening and a nice long walk later. x

Hello Everyone. Wow what a lot of news!! Doreen you must have had a wonderful visit and it is so sad when they have to leave. Cloudy you sound so focused. Upndown your holday plans sound wonderful. Enjoy! We had a super time in the lakes. :)

Back