NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Cloudy good for not gaining and good luck for the 3lbs for next week. Ice cream cones are so hard to resist in this lovely weather. I am feeling better today, was so sad yesterday. Went to SW for a coffee and sympathy. The girls are so good.

Mo. is that the lakes as in the Lake District. Have not been there for years. Such a beautiful place.

I have been for a walk today with friend and really felt good. Considering how much weight I have put on recently I was surprised how easy it was. Early dinner tonight so must get on. Food later.

..yes well that's what it'll come to if I overeat!!

We're off to mid Wales this next week with the 3 grandchildren 13, 9 and 2.5 - we're staying at a farm where they film a Welsh children's tv programme and we're staying in one of the 3 themed cottages there - there's a converted barn for play (thank goodness as forecast not too good!) and a café which also delivers meals to the cottages - hopefully they'll have some healthy options to keep chores to a minimum!

Next week we're off to Limoges, France for 3 weeks - staying in a gite in the grounds of a chateau which is a hotel so we can eat there - crossing everything so's not to have a massive gain to face when we get back!!

How's your week going - are u planning to go away?

Wow! That sounds great! Have a lovely time. :)

Kathy

So sorry to hear you're feeling down, Doreen. It's so difficult, isn't it, when family have to leave. As Cloudy said though, at least you'll have some amazing memories and, hopefully, lots of lovely photos too. Glad you're feeling a bit better today.

Hugs to you. :) xx

It's good that you've been out and about today Doreen, it really does help to get busy. I've done two walks today, one about three miles walking quickly but the other, although probably not as far, we just sauntered along looking around. My knees are quite sore today as we walked a LOT yesterday, over quite rough ground which is always bad for my poor joints.
Lovely to see your friends at SW too. Keep up with the good eating. :)

Hi to Mo and welcome back. I've never been to the Lakes but it's on my list to get to one day. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks for you kind thoughts. A very good day sooner than expected.
I get dodgy knees when I walk a lot too Cloudy.

Food for today
Saturday 1st August ( Friday 31st July I meant

hexa 250ml s/s milk. 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, mush and 2 toast
D: Mashed spud, ham, peas 2 eggs Cheese in mash (9 syns)
Followed by frozen fruits and canderel.

Sitting in the garden 1 can strongbow cider (8 syns)

Total 17 syns.

Last edited:
Hello. Yes the Lake district. We took a steamer to Ambleside on lake Windermere. That was super. It is so beautiful up there. :)

Mmm Lake Windermere, I remember that one. Trip on a steamer, fantastic.

Foodwise. I ended up eating again last night - much too much - again why????

Never mind can`t change it now, Decided to update my profile with my proper weight, been hiding :hide: from myself.

Saturday 1st August. Real one this time

hexa 250ml ss milk . Left from visitors
hexb 2 wm bread

B: 2 eggs, 2 bacon, mushrooms black pudding (6 syns) 3 bread (2.1/2 syns)
Banana.
L. chicken & veg pasta bake. Broc, cauli, carrot, peppers onion, seasoning inc curry powder. garden peas pasta. Put 1 lite laughing cow cheese cut up on top. (1.1/2syns) eggs. fresh tomato followed by fresh pineapple.

I cooked enough for lunch & dinner. 1 small and 1 medium.

D: as above. Melon. Later a banana

Syns 10

Hopefully nothing except maybe a little more milk. Depending how much coffee I drink.

Last edited:
Ey up!
I'm back :)
How's my lovely old buddy? x

Hiya Mandy - not so much of the old you. :) I am ok. How about yourself. Where have you been? Are you going to do a new thread or go back to the old one. Not heard from you for ages. Have missed you most definitely. Let me know what is going on young lady.

Great to gave you back. Love Doreen

Sunday 3rd August

Hexa 250ml s/s milk hexb 2 bread.

B: 1 egg and 1/2 tin beans 2 toast.

L: McCains jacket (1) 1/2 tin beans, 2 rashers bacon . 1 cheese triangle (1.1/2 )
Melon.

D: 2 chicken thighs, broccoli, mash. Chicken gravy grans (1)
Banana & 50g ice cream. (4)

Snack later - 1/2 melon

SYNS 7.1/2.
A BIG OOPD. DID NOT KNOE ONKEN FAT FREE YOU IS 5 OR 5.1/2 SYNS. ADD HALF A POT
SAY 10.

Last edited:
Your last post has just inspired me for my lunch today, Doreen! :) Hope you're feeling a little happier now and things are looking brighter. I see you keep going a little off plan - well, join the club!! :D Don't know what's wrong with me lately. I just keep reaching for the wrong stuff and, if it's not in, I actually go out to Sainsbury's to buy whatever it may be - a cake, chocolate, etc!! Anyway, I went to the hairdressers on Friday (had a perm again, which I always hate for about 3 weeks, until it drops but, this one looks like it'll take 3 years!!!) and, whilst catching my reflection in the mirror, I thought, yikes, time to definitely take control again! My face looked so round and under my chin looked really baggy so that gave me the desired kick up the rear I needed. Been good again now since then so, long may it last!! :D Hope you manage to get yourself back on the straight and narrow too but, to be honest, don't we waste a lot of our lives obsessing about food? :S Have a good day anyway and bye for now. :)

Kathy xx

Thanks Kathy. Am feeling lots better. Not sleeping in my own bed at the moment because everytime I go into the room I cry. Am still sleeping in my old single bed. It is very comfortable tho` except when I fall asleep reading my Kindle -----it drops on my face:grumble:.

I sometimes go to the local shop knowing I will buy something that I should not. I do belong to your club but I really don`t want to - sorry. :)

Am trying hard. Good luck with your perm Kathy :patback:

Last edited:
Ouch to the Kindle and, no, I don't want to be in my club either!! :D Hopefully, with a little more time, you'll be able to happily get back to your 'proper' bed. I have been good for the last few days so, hopefully, it'll stay that way. Had my appointment for my annual arthritis check today and definitely want to be weighing less than last year. The rheumatologist never says anything but I hate it when the nurse announces your weight in, what seems like, a loud voice!

Loving all the little faces you do, especially the sympathetic one about the dreaded perm! Won't ask how you do them - it'll be lost on me! Forever the techno-phobe!! :D

Take care.

Kathy x

Don`t know that there is any point putting my food today. Have been binging all evening.

Going to see doc tomorrow as my leg are swelling again. Don`t think it is the weather as it is intermitant . I need somebody to talk to as well, a problem or two in the family and am not coping too well. Not being miserable really but need to sort it.

Did have 4 lovely hrs out with my younger brother today. We were by the river in Broxbourne, took lunch too. Not all bad
:)

Your day out sounded lovely, Doreen. :) Hope you get the problem with your leg sorted and sounds like it'd be helpful to have a chat with your GP. Can't do any harm, can it? Thinking of you. xx

First of all thanks to you all for your concern.

My sister has a condition called Neuromyoyonia. It started some years ago with twitching muscles in her legs. Now her muscles twitch all over her body and it makes her really really tired as the muscles are on the go all the time.
Now I am not panicing or assuming - but I have twitchy muscles in my legs which started recently. My doctor is going to get an appointment for me to see a neurologist. There are many stages and generally years between mine legs and how my sister is. That is if I have it at all.
I also saw the doc for swollen legs, which is water, but when I get it my head feels wrong too. Doc gave me some water pills - I did have some previously but ran out. I will only have to take them occasionally thank goodness, my waterworks like to go a lot anyway.
Finally when he rang me to speak to me before making appointment I started crying. I have got a family problem again and it is getting me down. Partly because it has made it extremely difficult to visit my older brother Richard who is a bit of a lifeline for me. Doc and I had a chat abd he is going to set me up with somebody to chat to.
After speaking to my Sister Val for 2 hrs today, we have come to the conclusion this is a good idea.
I think Andy Julie and the children leaving and this problem have left me feeling pretty bad at times. The problem happened whilst they were here, and thank goodness they were because it helped to have someone at least around some of the time even if we barely spoke about it. If I had been on my own I would have been in a very bad state. Sometimes it is very hard living alone. ---------- not always I hasten to add ------- just sometimes.

Love to all.

Tuesdat 5th August.

Hex milk and bread

B: Bacon sarni at local cafe extra 6 syns for bread.

L: 3 bananas

D: Mince, onion, carrot, toms, tom puree spuds & lot of cauli & brocolli.
Cherries . co-op yogurt 3 syns.

Total syns 9.

Was going to go to shop and get some cakes & choc but put night clothes on. Now I can`t be bothered to get dressed again. Good eh?

Back