NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Aw Doreen, it is horrible to hear you're having such a hard time. Family problems can be very trying and not being able to talk it over with someone means it can get blown out of all proportion in your head. NOT saying this is the case with you, more from my personal experience. Being able to chat about it with someone not closely involved can help get it straight in your mind, often making you realise which are the salient points and those that it isn't worth wasting your worrying over, if you see what I mean.
I hope your Doc can set this up fairly soon for you, so you can feel a lot more relaxed.
I also hope your appointed with the neurologist comes through as soon as possible because again, the waiting and wondering are almost the worst part. Of course, it would be great if they can say no, that isn't a problem for you but even if the news isn't what you'd like to hear, at least you'll KNOW and can get the best treatment.

Very impressed with your putting your nightclothes on to stop you going and stocking up on goodies (or more truthfully baddies!). Do you have a small treat you can have, maybe a hot chocolate or something similar, so you don't feel deprived but not over syns?
Hope you are relaxing now and get a good nights sleep when you go to bed. :)

Thanks Cloudy. I had an irish coffee that is free. It is just flavoured coffee from Sainsbury made by beanies. It is so nice it is like having a treat. I would have gone to the shop and bought `baddies` so glad I didn`t.

I was going to bed earlier, but now at 11.30 I think it is time. Haircut 9am, then home for breakfast. optician 11.50 then then to Tesco to get a little shopping. Have the children on Thursday, slimming club Friday. That should take up some time.

Goodnight.

WEDNESDAY 6TH AUGUST

Hexa 350ml milk
Hexb 2 bread
B. bacon and black pudding (3syn) sarni.

L. 200g boiled spud, 8 crab sticks, 15ml ketchup & xtra lite Mayo for sauce (2 syns)
Lettuce, tomato peppers lite salad cream (1syn)
1/2 punnet grapes.

D. 2 chicken thighs, boiled potato and parsnip mashed together. Broccoli, cauli, lots
Gravy grans, (1syn)
Banana & pear with fromage frais

Hopefully that will be the lot,
SYNS 7

I've got a jar of that Irish Coffee Doreen but I've yet to actually try it as I've been off coffee for a few weeks (no particular reason, just not really fancying it as much, while its hot)
Not sure I could eat black pudding either, the smell and look puts me off, my Dad used to have it every Sunday morning for breakfast and I used to hate it being cooked! Apart from that, your food is looking good.
I've been to the beach (Brighton) today and we took my nearly four year old grandson, have walked for miles and chased him around on the pebbles, which really makes the backs of your legs ache but hopefully burned off a few calories, to make up for the naughty icecream cone I had later on the pier. :)
Hope you're doing good today and have managed to keep busy again. My week has been a bit manic but thankfully I'll be at home tomorrow and hoping to get some gardening done, all I've done this week is dash out and round to water all the pots. :sigh:

Evening Nanny Doreen... how has your day been today? I've done nothing exciting, just chores around the house and pottered around in the garden, dead-heading, pruning back, feeding all the pots and baskets and cutting the lawn/edges. In between sat in the garden with my Kindle and then went for a longish but not too strenuous walk with the family early evening. Just had a nice mushroom omelette and sat down with a cuppa. Going to watch a film in a bit, once the little one is asleep in her cot - she's so good and once she's down, rarely wakes my daughter again until between 5.30 and sometimes as late as seven - pretty good for a four month old!

Hope Mo is ok, not posted for a few days?

Hi to everyone - I've missed you all - no internet at all at the cottage & not practical to hunt for wifi whilst out with the gang - too busy looking for baby changing places, ice cream, toy shops etc!!

Doreen - glad u had a ball with the family but I'm sure it was tough when they left - as Cloudy says you now have wonderful memories of their visit. Hope your legs are feeling better and you get an appointment soon - if it's what your sister has - you know what your dealing with and can get treatment. You seem to be getting back in the swing of SW now - your group sounds very supportive - take care xx

Mo - glad you had a good break in the Lakes - hope you're ok as I haven't seen a very recent post? xx

Cloudy - you're doing really well and seem to be getting lots of exercise in too - your first sts and no gains at this stage makes for a great weight loss record unlike yours truly who's true to her sign in name! I'm sure you'll lose this week and you must be feeling better and proud of what you've achieved xx

Chocko - nice to see your posts - good luck with your weight loss xx

Mandyboo - good to see you back - hope you're well xx

We had unexpectedly good weather this week and a lovely time but tired now - the children were really well behaved - but so full of energy - we went to bed the same time as them!! I ate a fair bit but tried to keep things healthy for the children as well as us - a few treats consumed tho' - I'm not going to weigh until I get back from France - hope I don't break my scales :eek:.

We're off again 2moro (sailing from Plymouth - cross your fingers that the hurricane has passed by then - hope to be in touch as we have wifi at the gite. Did I mention I love France but don't care too much for their food (except their delicious cakes) so will have a stash fruit (plus the odd cake) hope that will help my weight - lol. Good luck to us all this week xx

Ooh 'ello 'ello.... how's it going then? Survived your first week intact? :)

Yes survived and think I'm still intact but too tired to be 100% sure!! A coincidence that I was typing my long post above when you sent this!! Hope you're well and having a good weekend. xx

Sounds like a great week... we are just thinking about going somewhere next year with the children (will be four and a half and about fifteen months) but not decided where yet. Possibly Dorset, so not too far to drive.
Yep, I've had a really good sw week, despite being ridiculously busy and in and out all week. Salad Challenge has kept me totally focussed though and I'm going for next week too, really really want to get down to the 12sts plus my three stone lost award, we'll see.
Hope your journey tomorrow is ok, and the weather has calmed by then, hope you don't get seasick! Will look forward to updates but know you'll have a fantastic time, you lucky thing. Travel safe :)

The weather is horrible... Really hope you get across without too many problems. Let us know when you're there safely Linda! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks - we're setting off for Plymouth at 2pm for the overnight sailing to Roscoff - it rained overnight here but dry, still and dull here now......hubby suggested we eat very light food today!! Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend!

Sounds like a great week... we are just thinking about going somewhere next year with the children (will be four and a half and about fifteen months) but not decided where yet. Possibly Dorset, so not too far to drive.
Yep, I've had a really good sw week, despite being ridiculously busy and in and out all week. Salad Challenge has kept me totally focussed though and I'm going for next week too, really really want to get down to the 12sts plus my three stone lost award, we'll see.
Hope your journey tomorrow is ok, and the weather has calmed by then, hope you don't get seasick! Will look forward to updates but know you'll have a fantastic time, you lucky thing. Travel safe :)

A holiday is a lovely thing to look forward to - and good fun with the children - think it's good too to plan a short journey - they don't mind where they are but good for the adults to have a change of scene and Dorset's a lovely part of the world! Thanks for ur good wishes for the travel!! :eek:

Thanks - we're setting off for Plymouth at 2pm for the overnight sailing to Roscoff - it rained overnight here but dry, still and dull here now......hubby suggested we eat very light food today!! Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend!

Its currently pi**ing down here, have had to put the lights on as so dark and there is thunder a-rumblin' (not my tummy!). The forecast is for it to stop raining after lunch but get more windy... joy! Can't say I'd fancy sailing in this but hopefully by then it will be better!

Its currently pi**ing down here, have had to put the lights on as so dark and there is thunder a-rumblin' (not my tummy!). The forecast is for it to stop raining after lunch but get more windy... joy! Can't say I'd fancy sailing in this but hopefully by then it will be better!

Yes I've been checking the forecasts and see that ur having a rough time - still dull, dry & calm here for now - as u say the sailing is going to be 'interesting' - nil by mouth after 5pm methinks! Hoping to sleep tight thro the storm in my bunk LOL!!

Hope the weather improves for you - the bad weather front seems to be moving north this afternoon - I've suddenly become a weather nerd in the last 24 hours!!

Hi all, sound like you are having good times.
Not up to much myself but agreed with consultant that I got weighed tonight evening tho` I am a morning weigher.
I have put on 3 lbs, was expected but have tried to get back on it today. Not going into anything too much, am feeling low and don`t feel like putting it down.

Monday 11th August. (day no. 1) no promises

Hexa milk, hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, bacon ans 2 bread
L: Turkey, mash and tomatoes, 2 bananas
D: Chicken, boiled spud & broccoli. Gravy grans 2 tsps ( 2.syns )
2 bananas.

ADDED LATER. STRAWBERRIES AND ONKEN YOGURT WHICH IS 5 SYNS

7 FOR THE DAY.

Last edited:
Hi all, sound like you are having good times.
Not up to much myself but agreed with consultant that I got weighed tonight evening tho` I am a morning weigher.
I have put on 3 lbs, was expected but have tried to get back on it today. Not going into anything too much, am feeling low and don`t feel like putting it down.

Monday 11th August. (day no. 1) no promises

Hexa milk, hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, bacon ans 2 bread
L: Turkey, mash and tomatoes, 2 bananas
D: Chicken, boiled spud & broccoli. Gravy grans 2 tsps ( 2.syns )
2 bananas.

Sorry to hear you're feeling down hun, but you just take it easy and get yourself back to feeling good as soon as you can. You were bound to weigh heavier than expected if you weighed in the evening, so doubt its that bad. Your food today was great, allow yourself a little treat though, use all those syns if you need them, that's what they're for.
Hope we'll see you back in here soon but totally understand if you don't want to say how things are in public, that's fine. Sending you love and hugs. xx

Add strawberries and Onken yogurt. 7 syns for Monday.

Neighbour has asked me to go to lunch with her tomorrow, Tuesday, to the local garden centre. They do lovely jackets and salad so am going for that.

Back