NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Could you make sure someone knows when you're going out there and then when you're finished? That's what my neighbour used to do when he was working in his garden cutting his hedges, just so I could listen out and he'd knock on the wall three times when he was finished safely. Even when I was a lot younger and fitter, when I worked in the manor garden, I'd make sure someone knew where I was and about how long I'd be if I was doing something off the ground.

I will do that ladies. Thanks for caring. :thankyou::grouphugg: Will let you know when done xx

Reporting in. :giggle: Cleared as much ivy as I can reach. on my little stool. Looking better, any ivy left is right on top of neighbours shed where I cannot reach. Needed a ladder but would not feel safe. I will have a word with the guy when I come home. He has 2 grandsons that help him sometimes, maybe they can reach it. Shame because it is not his ivy, it comes from the guy next to him.
No probs, Doreen will sort them out. Nicely of course.

:d'oh:I was naughty last night, I ate the rest of the cheese in the packet. :eek: Thought I had blown it but looked back to see how much I had already had and subtracted it from the amount I bought. I ate 80g too much. Equivalent of a healthy A and B for today. Maybe not so bad after all. :rolleyes:

We have a similar problem in the back corner of our garden. The people next door are lovely but the next one along doesn't ever do anything in the garden so we all get the weeds and ivy, plus long branches from his trees (but we lop them off). Good you got it done though and safely!
Well done, apart from that cheese lol but you've had lots of exercise today. I've been quite lazy apart from shopping and a quick tidy round indoors. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Tuesday 8th September Red Day

hexa`s milk, 40g cheese
hexb`s 40g cheese, 230g spud with skin

B: 3 sausages,(3 syns) 2 eggs mushrooms and tomatoes

L: chicken thighs and fresh tomatoes, 3 mullerlight 1 peaR.

D: boiled spuds (h/e) and runner beans + 150g boiled spud (4.1/2 syns)

syns 7

Not going away until Thursday as DIL is still off work. Signed off again today.

She is going away for the weekend for a birthday celebration. To Spain no less. Has been booked for a year so she is still going. Don`t blame her.
I will be able to get weighed Thursday morning with my own consultant I am pleased to say.

Reporting in. :giggle: Cleared as much ivy as I can reach. on my little stool. Looking better, any ivy left is right on top of neighbours shed where I cannot reach. Needed a ladder but would not feel safe. I will have a word with the guy when I come home. He has 2 grandsons that help him sometimes, maybe they can reach it. Shame because it is not his ivy, it comes from the guy next to him.
No probs, Doreen will sort them out. Nicely of course.

:d'oh:I was naughty last night, I ate the rest of the cheese in the packet. :eek: Thought I had blown it but looked back to see how much I had already had and subtracted it from the amount I bought. I ate 80g too much. Equivalent of a healthy A and B for today. Maybe not so bad after all. :rolleyes:

I'm impressed Doreen - your new naughty is actually not too bad at all - especially compared to my mine yesterday :booboo: well done to you!!!

Last edited:
Tuesday 8th September Red Day

hexa`s milk, 40g cheese
hexb`s 40g cheese, 230g spud with skin

B: 3 sausages,(3 syns) 2 eggs mushrooms and tomatoes

L: chicken thighs and fresh tomatoes, 3 mullerlight 1 peaR.

D: boiled spuds (h/e) and runner beans + 150g boiled spud (4.1/2 syns)

syns 7

Another great day Doreen!!

Hello Everyone. I weighed today and I have finally dropped just below 11 stone!!! I am so delighted. I can't remember the last time. :)

Wow well done - a great feeling to get down so low - no wonder you're so delighted!!

Hope you have all had a good Sunday. Good weather down here.
I have done quite a lot in the back garden today. Not too hot so was out there for a couple of hours. Half of it was deadheading roses and getting rid of weeds. Not done this since end of July. Green bin 1/2 full.
Next hour getting all the ivy down that hangs over my back fence. Lots of stretching for this as so high. Had a rest after that 2 hrs. Green bin nearly full.
Went to visit a friend this afternoon. Had T and biscuits.

The ivy mentioned above is still on the shed in the garden behind me along with other rubbish so am hoping to stand on a 1ft high stool to get some of that down tomorrow before I go away Tuesday.

Have had a productive day. First one for ages.

Wow - your garden will be looking like Kew Gardens after all hard work Doreen!

I hope everyone has had a good day - you're all doing so well - I feel as if I'm letting Team Doreen down - but you're all inspiring me to get my act together - so a big thank you to you all :thankyou:

I was shattered after all the family left - no excuse I know - but as I was relaxing I also went over syns yesterday but you'll see I had a better day today:

Decided not to eat until I was hungry - loads of housework to do and had loads of fruit teas so wasn't hungry until after lunch time - so just had some fruit. Nearly slipped up at the petrol station where the choc was winking at me - but bought some sugar free gum instead.

Tea: veg omelette and baked potato with small amount of parmesan cheese HEA and baked beans and teeny weeny piece of leftover lemon meringue not going to have any more syns - so will overestimate that at 10 syns

I'll do a 'proper' SW day 2moro - I'll be weighing on Friday morning so I'd better have a good week :eek:

You aren't letting us down, Linda! You were even cheering us on while you were on holiday! Nonetheless, its good to see you are getting back into the swing of it, as I for one, wouldn't want your previous hard work to go to waste and its SO demoralising to keep losing that same few lbs time and again, it seems to get harder each time. I've done it before, back before my sw days, so I am speaking from experience.
You'll probably have a better loss than me on Friday but I'm going to try hard to... race you to the scales :D

Upndown I agree with Cloudy. You are not letting us down. It is so nice to have you back with us. You were missed.
It is very tiring when people have been staying. As much as you love to see them it is peaceful when they have gone. If you are anything like me you miss them and would like them back very soon.
It is funny you know, I thought the only chocolate that winked was in my Co-op, but obviously not if you saw it too in the petrol station. :rolleyes:.

What a lovely day it is, sunny and warm and I didn`t get up until 10am. Was going to get up at 6am but read kindle (1 page I reckon) fell back to sleep. Lovely. Still managed to get washing on the line.

Not done much except housework. Not even got dressed, so comfortable. Had lunch and now in front of TV doing cross stitch as usual with the windows open for the fresh air.

Hope you all having a good day. Thanks for rep comment.

Hello Doreen that sounds like a nice cosy day. I went and had my hair done this morning which set me up a treat and then a long walk.

No walking today for me. Just a lazy day. Have a gum infection and lots of headaches. Taking antibiotics.

Wednesday 9th September Green Day

Hexa milk 2 cheese triangles
hexb 90g ham. 90G minced beef

B: bakes beans with 2 eggs.

L: 30g ham
spread with cheese triangle & gherkin then rolled. Tomatoes. 2 mullerlight 1 pear

D; Mince & onion made into a burger. baked beans oxo cubes
Parsnip & potato mash and broccoli

followed by frozen berries and mullerlight.

No syns at the moment. May have a baileys before bed.

Yes I did 80ml baileys with ice 12 syns lovely

Early night xx

Last edited:
oooh Nanny Doreen that sounds so painful. Hope you are feeling better soon. :)

Back