NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi Nanny D :) That sounds like good exercise, though it may have been hot work if its been as warm there as here! I walked into town here and was going to have a pot of tea but in the end I had an iced tea with lemon as I was so hot! I somehow held on to my resolve and avoided looking at the yummy cakes they do! One day, when I get to target lol (so they may have closed down by then!) I'm going to go in and order one and they'll do a double take as I know several of them and usually get comments about how well I've been doing. Its a lovely little cafe, run by an Italian family and at different times they all work in there, a real family business.
Anyway, well done on your food :)
I have weigh in tomorrow but as you may have read on my diary, not too hopeful for a loss again this week :confused: but I'm sticking with it and eventually those scales must drop!

It was warm Cloudy, but more hard on the arms.
I know what you mean about the cakes. At the hospital we had a coffee and my neighbour - as always - asked me if I wanted anything to eat. If I don`t have anything she won`t either. I stuck to my guns. Very tempting tho`. We never get anywhere for coffee without her asking me if I want to eat. :rolleyes:
Your cafe sounds lovely. Mine is pretty good but some of the staff have now gone to uni. Shame, nice bunch of girls.
I am not expecting a loss tomorrow, in fact will be surprised if I don`t get another gain. That lovely batch loaf at my sons house. Didn`t have to eat it did I?
Good luck for tomorrow xxxx Night

Good luck for WI Nanny D and cloudy and me.... :D

Im really worried about upndown. I know she was giving herself time before weighing from hols but this is not like her at all.

Come back upndown. I miss you, your humour, your wise words... please?

xxxxxxxxx

The bubble will burst

1.1/2lb off. I am sooo pleased after a bit of a bad weekend with all that lovely bread.

I thought I had blown it.

1.1/2lb off. I am sooo pleased after a bit of a bad weekend with all that lovely bread.

Well done Doreen - ur doing brilliantly and on a real roll (and I don't mean a bread roll) I hope it's catching!!

Need to do something to shift the 15lb gain yes 15lbs after my lovely holiday (been missing here cos of a nasty bug but it didn't affect my huge appetite unfortunately!)

Well done Doreen - ur doing brilliantly and on a real roll (and I don't mean a bread roll) I hope it's catching!!

Need to do something to shift the 15lb gain yes 15lbs after my lovely holiday (been missing here cos of a nasty bug but it didn't affect my huge appetite unfortunately!)

Ha ha bread roll. :rolleyes: Sorry to hear you had a bug. :character00264:. Hope it is gone now or at least nearly.
You have really been missed, so nice to have you back.
If I not well I usually eat. Have you been able to get back on plan at all? I won`t say you will easily get the gain off but you will in time. Trouble is we easily get into bad habits don`t we?

Look forward to seeing more of you, or should that be less :D
Great to have you back. xxxx

Girl power, nanny D!! We are doing great between us. Its the teamwork we have. Pays off to have caring friends on here. x:)

Yay, well done, I'm really pleased and impressed. You obviously pulled back big time after the weekend, go you!

Lol at your first sentence, hoorah, our lovely Linda is back and making me laugh again :D. Have really missed you (ahhhhhhh, I hear you say) x

That's a bu***r about your gain but you will get it off, I know, cos you are a loser :p, in the nicest possible way of course and along with the rest of us. Hope you can hit it hard next week when you're fully over that horrid bug. Not fun :(

Girl power, nanny D!! We are doing great between us. Its the teamwork we have. Pays off to have caring friends on here. x:)

It is such a lovely place to support each other. Always great comments, useful ones and just a bit of fun thrown in to keep us all smiling. Especially now the lovely Linda is back with us. Go team us! :D

Yay, well done, I'm really pleased and impressed. You obviously pulled back big time after the weekend, go you!

Lol at your first sentence, hoorah, our lovely Linda is back and making me laugh again :D. Have really missed you (ahhhhhhh, I hear you say) x

That's a bu***r about your gain but you will get it off, I know, cos you are a loser :p, in the nicest possible way of course and along with the rest of us. Hope you can hit it hard next week when you're fully over that horrid bug. Not fun :(

It is such a lovely place to support each other. Always great comments, useful ones and just a bit of fun thrown in to keep us all smiling. Especially now the lovely Linda is back with us. Go team us! :D

What a lovely post thank u cloudy - it's lovely to back xx

Friday 19th September

hexa milk. hexb 2 wm bread

B: bacon sarnie at class

L: SW bar (3syns) banana milky coffee at hospital using hexa.

D: Pork chop, broccoli, carrots, processed peas and baby spuds
Frozen fruit with canderel sweetner.

2 bread (5syns) 2 slices ham. 1 x lite cheese triangle (1syn)
150ml skimmed milk for coffees (3syns)

Total syns 12.

Ha ha bread roll. :rolleyes: Sorry to hear you had a bug. :character00264:. Hope it is gone now or at least nearly.
You have really been missed, so nice to have you back.
If I not well I usually eat. Have you been able to get back on plan at all? I won`t say you will easily get the gain off but you will in time. Trouble is we easily get into bad habits don`t we?

Look forward to seeing more of you, or should that be less :D
Great to have you back. xxxx

Thanks Doreen - a lovely welcome back - I've had my first on plan day for ages today - so hoping I can keep that up- it's so much easier being back here with our lovely crowd - it's good to be back - food for today:

RED DAY

B: magic porage HEB and berries
L: a boring salad with bread HEB and tiny bit of mayo 1 Syn
T: lamb steak, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, mushrooms, new potatoes 6 Syns?
Snacks: 2 apples, orange, raisins 2 Syns, fat free yog
total Syns = 9 syns

Here's hoping we all have a good on plan weekend! X

Thanks Doreen - a lovely welcome back - I've had my first on plan day for ages today - so hoping I can keep that up- it's so much easier being back here with our lovely crowd - it's good to be back - food for today:

RED DAY

B: magic porage HEB and berries
L: a boring salad with bread HEB and tiny bit of mayo 1 Syn
T: lamb steak, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, mushrooms, new potatoes 6 Syns?
Snacks: 2 apples, orange, raisins 2 Syns, fat free yog
total Syns = 9 syns

Here's hoping we all have a good on plan weekend! X

It`s great to get that first day under your belt eh? Boring salad, sounds like you need to go shopping.

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND ALL. GOOD NIGHT XX

It`s great to get that first day under your belt eh? Boring salad, sounds like you need to go shopping.

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND ALL. GOOD NIGHT XX

Hope ur having a good day Doreen - yes ur right I do need to go shopping esp as I'm doing the salad challenge next week - I think laziness played it's part too - will have to look over more interesting food posts for ideas & get my ingredients & chopping board out!!

Ooh Upndown are you really doing the salad challenge? I dont think I could face that at present. Ive been out today and bought a ham joint and the vegetables to make the stock into a soup. Its really wintery here. Have a good day everyone. :)

I looked at the salad challenge but don`t think I could do without carbs.

Not much tonight, am tired and going to bed. Have been taking neighbour to see husband in hospital. 45mile round trip each day is a bit tiring for me. Not that I mind. He is in for another 7 days or so.

Hope you have all had a good day.

MY food
Saturday 20th September

Hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: egg bacon toast
L: banana & grapes
Snack banana and 4 ritz crackers ( 4 syns)
D: chicken breast 1/4m mash, cauli broc peas
Banana & yogurt.

Sarni as hungry before bed. 2 bread(5 syns) with ham and 25g lf cheese ( 4syns)

13 syns

Last edited:
Hope ur having a good day Doreen - yes ur right I do need to go shopping esp as I'm doing the salad challenge next week - I think laziness played it's part too - will have to look over more interesting food posts for ideas & get my ingredients & chopping board out!!

Yay my salad eating partner :) I'm just doing my Sainsburys delivery for tomorrow, ready to start on Monday. :D

Ooh Upndown are you really doing the salad challenge? I dont think I could face that at present. Ive been out today and bought a ham joint and the vegetables to make the stock into a soup. Its really wintery here. Have a good day everyone. :)

Oh, I'm still sitting in a sleeveless top and cropped trousers, with bare feet too... it's been really warm here today! I know its going to cool down but obviously not reached us yet. I'm doing the Soup Challenge the week after I think, though will see how the Salad Challenge goes first. I do find it harder to fit in with the rest of the family sometimes.

Back