NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Monday September 2nd

Hexa milk. 40g low fat cheese. hexb 2 bread 230g spud with skin on

Brunch: 2 eggs, 2 bacon 20g black pudding (3 syns). 2 toast with 40g cheese h/ea
Banana

Snack banana apple

Dinner. 3 sausages (3 syns) Tesco greens potato in skins onion gravy 20g bisto powder (2 syns)
Strawberries & Yogurt

TOTAL 8 SYNS + 2 for options in yogurt. 10

All that driving has worn me out so going to have an early night. By 8 I reckon.
Oh and chicken drumstick stew now in pot, BUT not sure if enough room in freezer. Whoops!!!!

Monday September 2nd

Hexa milk. 40g low fat cheese. hexb 2 bread 230g spud with skin on

Brunch: 2 eggs, 2 bacon 20g black pudding (3 syns). 2 toast with 40g cheese h/ea
Banana

Snack banana apple

Dinner. 3 sausages (3 syns) Tesco greens potato in skins onion gravy 20g bisto powder (2 syns)
Strawberries & Yogurt

TOTAL 8 SYNS + 2 for options in yogurt. 10

All that driving has worn me out so going to have an early night. By 8 I reckon.
Oh and chicken drumstick stew now in pot, BUT not sure if enough room in freezer. Whoops!!!!

Oh hope u can squeeze the stew in the freezer - wonder if putting portions in a plastic sandwich bag wd take less room. You're a really good friend taking ur neighbour all that way each day - hope u have a good rest. Another good day in the bag Doreen - well done xx

Hi everyone - hope ur all well and having a good on plan day?

It's day 2 of salad challenge and I have a friend coming round for a meal tonight - I promised her spag bol so I will have it with a side salad and a bit of pasta to fit in with the rules!

I'm making apple crumble and custard for pud as I don't like & she & hubby love it! Daren't have ice cream or cream in the house until my willpower is back at full pelt!

Made a curry earlier as chicken needed cooking will have to have it dry with my main salad for lunch - not planned this challenge v well this time!

Do others find it much easier to stay in (or at least not eat out) and plan to the last mouthful in order to lose weight or is it just me when my willpower isn't fully switched on?

Hope Doreen ur not as tired now? Weather a bit cooler here today. Better go and do something - lovely as it is to be on here! X

Hi ladies. Last night I slept from 9pm until a text message at 8.07am. Not bad I thought.
I managed to get all cooked food in the freezer. All that left is some chicken thighs to put in. I will have 2 tonight and weedle the other 5 in between the packages.

The original idea doing food wasto take to Haverhill with me. DIL is now signed off for another 2 weeks so will be going only from Friday to Monday just for a visit. No running up and down to school. Hurrah. Will still take a couple I think.
I prefer not to go out to eat unless I am really on plan. My neighbour wants to take me for a meal for taking her to the hospital. I said to wait till hubby gets home. :rolleyes:
Hope you salad challenge goes ok for you.
I was pleased with the food for yesterday, but today I had a couple of biscuits at the hospital because I caught my car. Luckily it was so slight not worth worrying about, unfortunately I was feeling so shaky I ate 2 biscuits my neighbour had with her. Synned them on my return and it was 10syns for the two. I also had a latte so may have to syn dome milk too and have already had black pudding. Sure it will work out ok. Food next page.

Hope you have all had a good food day. xxx

Tuesday 23rd September

Hexa milk Hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, 2 bacon, large mushroom, 30g black pudding (4.1/2 syns) & 2 toast

L: Banana, 2 biscuits (10 syns) and latte (200ml milk 4)

D: 2 chicken thighs, roasted BNS, courgette, small pots. onion & baby toms.

Extra milk 100ml (2 syns) May have some left depending how much coffee I have. Won`t make much difference anyhow.

Total syns 20.1/2. bums!!

Last edited:
Hello All I have a problem with the tablet I use for the internet. If I disappear for a few days then its because I dont have access to the internet but I will return as soon as I can. Take care Mo

Good luck and snap my laptop is playing up too - flipping technology!!

Tuesday 23rd September

Hexa milk Hexb 2 bread

Extra milk 100ml (2 syns) May have some left depending how much coffee I have. Won`t make much difference anyhow.

You've gone over on Syns but not overboard - u can pull that back by Friday can't u - start agin 2moro - if ur struggling to find low Syns treats u fancy just shout - I'm sure between us we can think of ideas. Here's a line for u to draw in the morning ____________________ pls keep it safe I may need to use it myself b4 long xxx

Hi - I did type a post late last night but my iPad ran out of charge - just went to post now but retread it and it wasn't worth the paper it was written on - so deleted it!

Hope ur all well - Today was day 3 of the salad challenge - so had a cheese and omelette salad for lunch plus a chicken curry with small portion of rice and a side salad for tea - I've been busy so not been hungry - just had bits of fruit for snacks plus the 1 hour exercise needed for the challenge - I went for a long brisk walk and more digging in the garden - tired now so off to bed - night, night all and wishing u all a good day xx

Tuesday 23rd September

Hexa milk Hexb 2 bread

Five syns over is nothing really. You'd only had 10 the previous day, hadn't you? So there you go... its evened out over the week, so you can just carry on without feeling bad about it. x

Hello All I have a problem with the tablet I use for the internet. If I disappear for a few days then its because I dont have access to the internet but I will return as soon as I can. Take care Mo

Hope the problem gets sorted quickly, we don't want you to disappear! x

Hi - I did type a post late last night but my iPad ran out of charge - just went to post now but retread it and it wasn't worth the paper it was written on - so deleted it!

Hope ur all well - Today was day 3 of the salad challenge - so had a cheese and omelette salad for lunch plus a chicken curry with small portion of rice and a side salad for tea - I've been busy so not been hungry - just had bits of fruit for snacks plus the 1 hour exercise needed for the challenge - I went for a long brisk walk and more digging in the garden - tired now so off to bed - night, night all and wishing u all a good day xx

If I reread half of what I wrote, I'd probably have to leave Mins lol, most of it is rubbish :rolleyes:
Well done on your Day 3 food, it's really helping you get back on top form, isn't it. So glad you did the Salad Challenge too.
What is your goal weight or are you still undecided on a final target? I've put mine as 10st 7lbs but still not sure if I will struggle too much to maintain that weight. There again, I think it will be pretty hard going to maintain at any set weight, I've yo-yo'd for so many years :( I'm really dreading actually reaching target because then the hard part really starts, I fear. :eek:

Five syns over is nothing really. You'd only had 10 the previous day, hadn't you? So there you go... its evened out over the week, so you can just carry on without feeling bad about it. x

Yes you are right Cloudy, BUT I found a pack of choc chips in the cupboard Wednesday. Thought they won`t be much, wrong,
25g is 6.1/2 so had 26syns. Baaa

Wednesday food

B.Tin baked beams with 3syns of black pudding and 3 bread 2.1/2
L. plums yogurt and options coconut in yogurt, lovely 2 syns
D: chicken, BNS chips, potato chips, broccoli , banana grapes

7 1/2 syns plus chocolate 26 = 33.1/2 :eek:

Have taken the line from upndown. Weigh in tomorrow, at least then before I go away I will know where I am.
DIL will be around so won`t be eating treats.

If I reread half of what I wrote, I'd probably have to leave Mins lol, most of it is rubbish :rolleyes:
Well done on your Day 3 food, it's really helping you get back on top form, isn't it. So glad you did the Salad Challenge too.
What is your goal weight or are you still undecided on a final target? I've put mine as 10st 7lbs but still not sure if I will struggle too much to maintain that weight. There again, I think it will be pretty hard going to maintain at any set weight, I've yo-yo'd for so many years :( I'm really dreading actually reaching target because then the hard part really starts, I fear. :eek:

I have put my goal weight at 12stone. That would still be overweight, but I would be pleased if I could get there. I have yo-yo`d too for years.

I think I went wrong the last 2 days because I have had a problem with a phone call from bruv, headache since, silly to stress, can`t help it. Could have gone away earlier but had arranged to take neighbour to hospital and didn`t want to let her down.

Thursday 25th September

B: Tin baked beans with 20g black pudding in them (3 syns) . 2 eggs 3 bread (2.1/2 syns)

L: Plums and banana

D: 2 chicken thighs, greens, broccoli. mashed spud 300g.
Fruit & Yogurt.

5.1/2 syns

Hello Everyone. Ive managed to get on the internet again. Unfortunately my poor tablet is completely finished. I did like using it. Ive borrowed a netbook. I hope everyone is fine. I havent caught up with the posts yet.

Yes I enjoy the challenges - but day off today - will explain in next post here - ooh don't they call that a cliffhanger in the literary world? ha ha Upndown enters into her writer's phase lol!!

I've set my goal weight at 9st 13 - I'm only 5' 2" but no idea what I'll look like at that weight cos Noah was a lad the last time I ws in the 9s!!

Like u I dread getting to target cos then it'll be a lifelong challenge to maintain - but as I was within 5lbs of my target in early June I think - and now a stone and a half away - maintenance is a v long way off I fear!!

Perhaps ur feeling even more fearful of the maintenance phase right now cos of totm - hope ur mood lifts in a couple of days xx

Hello Everyone. Ive managed to get on the internet again. Unfortunately my poor tablet is completely finished. I did like using it. Ive borrowed a netbook. I hope everyone is fine. I havent caught up with the posts yet.

Good to have u back - strange my laptop and hubby's are playing up at the moment!!

Thursday 25th September

B: Tin baked beans with 20g black pudding in them (3 syns) . 2 eggs 3 bread (2.1/2 syns)

L: Plums and banana

D: 2 chicken thighs, greens, broccoli. mashed spud 300g.
Fruit & Yogurt.

5.1/2 syns

Ooh blimey Doreen - that's a v low day - brilliant - wonder if u've been hungry - or did the thought of ur soon to be sylph like figure keep u going all thro the day?? Good luck with weigh in xx

Back