NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I have put my goal weight at 12stone. That would still be overweight, but I would be pleased if I could get there. I have yo-yo`d too for years.

I think I went wrong the last 2 days because I have had a problem with a phone call from bruv, headache since, silly to stress, can`t help it. Could have gone away earlier but had arranged to take neighbour to hospital and didn`t want to let her down.
Hope ur headache has cleared - ur so good taking ur neighbour to the hospital every day on that long journey. enjoy ur time with the family xx

Yes you are right Cloudy, BUT I found a pack of choc chips in the cupboard Wednesday. Thought they won`t be much, wrong,
25g is 6.1/2 so had 26syns. Baaa

Wednesday food

B.Tin baked beams with 3syns of black pudding and 3 bread 2.1/2
L. plums yogurt and options coconut in yogurt, lovely 2 syns
D: chicken, BNS chips, potato chips, broccoli , banana grapes

7 1/2 syns plus chocolate 26 = 33.1/2 :eek:

Have taken the line from upndown. Weigh in tomorrow, at least then before I go away I will know where I am.
DIL will be around so won`t be eating treats.

Isn't it amazing how high in Syns some small, innocent looking packs of nice little tempting things can be - no wonder I'm overweight - so often I've told myself 'oh it's only small - it won't do any harm' - how wrong can a girl be!

You know what the saying "sweetie pickers swear bigger knickers" and my undies drawer is the proof of that!!

Well I was all set up for another Salad Challenge this morning - but as my D-in-law had to go to work early and had asked me if I'd give the children their b'fast at their house then take them to school - so I happily did that - thinking I'd go for a long beach walk after I'd dropped them off. But Poppy had forgotten to take something to school - so had to go back to her house to get it! then I thought I'd better do the food shop before it got busy (I hate it when ur banging into everyone's trolley!

Then when I got home my recently widowed neighbour was in the garden and we got chatting and she got upset - so we went out for lunch and on and on my day went with nice but unplanned things happening - not long arrived home - so a busy lovely day - on plan but not challenge friendly. Will try again 2moro xx

Well I was all set up for another Salad Challenge this morning - but as my D-in-law had to go to work early and had asked me if I'd give the children their b'fast at their house then take them to school - so I happily did that - thinking I'd go for a long beach walk after I'd dropped them off. But Poppy had forgotten to take something to school - so had to go back to her house to get it! then I thought I'd better do the food shop before it got busy (I hate it when ur banging into everyone's trolley!

Then when I got home my recently widowed neighbour was in the garden and we got chatting and she got upset - so we went out for lunch and on and on my day went with nice but unplanned things happening - not long arrived home - so a busy lovely day - on plan but not challenge friendly. Will try again 2moro xx

Don`t take much to change the day does it? Your neighbour must have been so pleased you went to lunch with her, I know I would have been. Oh my neighbour is driving up with a friend to the hospital today as her husband is coming home. Because I have taken her a few times and asked her to help direct me - I knew the way but thought it would be good for her to know too - she is now confident to go up there. It is so nice to have been a help.

Isn't it amazing how high in Syns some small, innocent looking packs of nice little tempting things can be - no wonder I'm overweight - so often I've told myself 'oh it's only small - it won't do any harm' - how wrong can a girl be!

Today I got weighed and lost 1/2lb. I am ok with that. Not the best week. Todat started off at a Mc
You know what the saying "sweetie pickers swear bigger knickers" and my undies drawer is the proof of that!!

I left a pair of my "bigger knickers behind once after babysitting and the kids thought it was very funny when Dad and Granddaughter got in them together. Not nice:rolleyes:

Got weighed today and lost 1/2lb. Not displeased under the circumstances.

Went to a McMillan coffee morning today and had cakes x 3 and scones x 2. Have decided that they will be those extra syns you can have then forget them :p

Went to M&s today to buy Count on us roasted vegetable lasagne, they were 2.1/2syns 4 days ago. Now when I double checked today they have gone up to 4 syns. I have bought 4. Oh well. I had one today for lunch with tomatoes. Not too bad I suppose and the pack says it counts for 2 of my 5 a day. That means superfree ingredients.!!

Good morning Everyone. Ive lost another pound. Ive been stuck for 9 days but I have finally lost again! Hurrah

Don`t take much to change the day does it? Your neighbour must have been so pleased you went to lunch with her, I know I would have been. Oh my neighbour is driving up with a friend to the hospital today as her husband is coming home. Because I have taken her a few times and asked her to help direct me - I knew the way but thought it would be good for her to know too - she is now confident to go up there. It is so nice to have been a help.

I left a pair of my "bigger knickers behind once after babysitting and the kids thought it was very funny when Dad and Granddaughter got in them together. Not nice:rolleyes:

Aaah bet that was a low moment - but u'll be wearing thongs the way ur food is at the moment Doreen xx

Well done Mo - it's hard when we stick - but hopefully that loss will give u a boost - nice to have u back too x

Hi yest started off with a boiled egg brekkie - then did my bit at the coffee morning as planned - not even a sniff at a cake - hope ur impressed so far? But then I won the most lovely huge coffee cake aaaaah!! SW fell apart.

not sure how to get my mojo back- it's not just the cake - I've been messing about since June when I was only 5 or 6 pounds off my target - anyone got any ideas to help pls?

I'm going to go for a walk for so exercise and hope to get some inspiration on the way! Hope u all have a fab weekend xx

I've had a pleasant day but not the best SW day - hope you've all done better than me - eating out 2moro too - will try my best xx

Where are you going? Perhaps we can suggest some low syn options to help? Or are you going with the plan on having a massive eat? :)
Thx not sure where we'll eat but def out somewhere - not planning to overdose on food tho! Thx for ur post x

Good morning Everyone. Ive lost another pound. Ive been stuck for 9 days but I have finally lost again! Hurrah

Well done Mo! I've given up weighing apart from on Fridays, and have stuck to it so far, as I got fed up seeing that the scales wouldn't budge. So I can well imagine you had a big smile when you saw that whole lb off. You've obviously been sticking to it and eventually that weight has to budge! x

Aaah bet that was a low moment - but u'll be wearing thongs the way ur food is at the moment Doreen xx

Aw, that was mean of them but these things happen and families love to embarrass us. I'm sure they didn't really want to hurt your feelings though.

Linda's comment about thongs made me laugh out loud. I was once out with a friend, who is a bit hard of hearing and tends to speak very loudly to others as a consequence. We were walking past La Senza, the undies store and a model in the window display had a thong on. She turned to me and said, loudly, "Oh I can't wear those, they go right up your bum crack, don't you think?" It was one of those moments when suddenly there seems to be a lot of people around and yet very quiet. :rolleyes:

Hi yest started off with a boiled egg brekkie - then did my bit at the coffee morning as planned - not even a sniff at a cake - hope ur impressed so far? But then I won the most lovely huge coffee cake aaaaah!! SW fell apart.

not sure how to get my mojo back- it's not just the cake - I've been messing about since June when I was only 5 or 6 pounds off my target - anyone got any ideas to help pls?

I'm going to go for a walk for so exercise and hope to get some inspiration on the way! Hope u all have a fab weekend xx

Aw, I don't like 'hearing' that you're down on yourself. I'm not sure if it was lovely or tough winning that cake. I absolutely adore coffee cake so can assure you 100% I'd not have resisted it, no matter how good I've been lately! Doubt it would have been one slice either!! Has it all gone now? If not, can you slice and freeze it? I know it's still possible to defrost in the microwave so its not foolproof but at least that takes a bit longer than just opening the tin and scoff, its gone!

I've had a pleasant day but not the best SW day - hope you've all done better than me - eating out 2moro too - will try my best xx

It's just a day.... one out of a week, a month and isn't the end of the world. So, why do we let those one days get to us? Wish I knew the answer, as I'm the same as you and feel like I've really gone off the rails and failed if I give in to something. Not sure if you find the same but I really need to stop looking at whole days - if I get weak willed and have a biscuit at ten am, that's no reason to think I've mucked up the whole day!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your walk and it cleared your head. Will catch up with you tomorrow (and if you need a rant that you don't want quite as public, you know where my inbox is and I'm sure the others here would say the same)
Hope you sleep well and wake refreshed, ready to face another day. Even going out, you can LIMIT your off plan choices but still enjoy yourself. Night hun xxx

Hi ladies hope your having a good Sunday.
Oh upndown Im with you at the moment have absolutely no will to fight the binge monster. :(
Ive made scan bran cakes which im actually really enjoying eating the lot then eating real mr kipling slices too!:banghead:
The thing is the unhealthy eating is making me feel worst about my self in everything, i'm losing confidence and getting jittery at everything im rubbish at job, mum, wife sfuff! Hate it but cant control it.....:(

Sorry girls ignore sad post I'll come through. Xxx

Oh Bubble, it's so rotten when we get like that and we ALL do at one time or another. In some ways I think we just have to ride it out, while trying to
Minimise the 'bad' food but not beating ourselves up too much.
There is NO WAY you're not a good Mum, wife or bad at your job, absolutely not not not!! I'm sure your hubby and kids would attest to that and you wouldn't have been given the job if they weren't sure you could do it. At the moment it's all just a lot to cope with.
Minimise the stress where you can and plan in some good stuff, to counteract the harder bits. Reward yourself for doing the jobs you don't like with a (non-food) treat and prep your favourite meals, even if not 100% SW friendly, so you're eating HEALTHILY at least. Loading yourself with unhealthy stodge will just make you feel worse physically and mentally but allow yourself extra syns maybe? Plan to have syns at end of day to look forward too, rather than early on so when you feel the need for a treat you don't feel guilty.
Lots of hugs, you know we're here for you hunni, any time xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanx cloudy i know ive got the best support network ever on here and im very grateful. X

Back