NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I've had a pleasant day but not the best SW day - hope you've all done better than me - eating out 2moro too - will try my best xx

Not a good day for me Saturday either. So hard when with the children and so much running to dance and football. I am so tired too. But am having a good time with the children.

Sunday(today) is going to be a better day. Have started with egg bacon 2 bread pear and 2 plums.

Aw, that was mean of them but these things happen and families love to embarrass us. I'm sure they didn't really want to hurt your feelings though.

Linda's comment about thongs made me laugh out loud. I was once out with a friend, who is a bit hard of hearing and tends to speak very loudly to others as a consequence. We were walking past La Senza, the undies store and a model in the window display had a thong on. She turned to me and said, loudly, "Oh I can't wear those, they go right up your bum crack, don't you think?" It was one of those moments when suddenly there seems to be a lot of people around and yet very quiet. :rolleyes:

My son would never have told me what they did. It was a while ago. But my DIL thought it was funny. She thinks we have a similar sense of humour. I suppose I didn`t like it, especially as she is not a slim person. But these things are sent to try us eh.

Hi yest started off with a boiled egg brekkie - then did my bit at the coffee morning as planned - not even a sniff at a cake - hope ur impressed so far? But then I won the most lovely huge coffee cake aaaaah!! SW fell apart.

not sure how to get my mojo back- it's not just the cake - I've been messing about since June when I was only 5 or 6 pounds off my target - anyone got any ideas to help pls?

I'm going to go for a walk for so exercise and hope to get some inspiration on the way! Hope u all have a fab weekend xx

Don`t get too down about it Upndown, we do know how you feel. I too have messed about too much. Not really sure what the answer is. However if you feel we can help in any way, just shout.

Take care, thinking of you.

Did you enjoy your walk and did you get any inspiration? Hope so I know it helps sometimes. Have you tried planning the day, sure you have, it helps me if I am home lots of the time. I find it harder if someone upsets me and when the kids are around;.. Damn when I am on my own too as I wouldn`t be struggling now !! :rolleyes:

Hello Everyone. I hope everyone is feeling a bit better today. Bubbles and Upndown sounded quite down in recent posts so I hope the new week is inspiring you. Small steps. Nanny Doreen Im not surprised you are tired you are always looking after or helping someone. :)

Hi ladies hope your having a good Sunday.
Oh upndown Im with you at the moment have absolutely no will to fight the binge monster. :(
Ive made scan bran cakes which im actually really enjoying eating the lot then eating real mr kipling slices too!:banghead:
The thing is the unhealthy eating is making me feel worst about my self in everything, i'm losing confidence and getting jittery at everything im rubbish at job, mum, wife sfuff! Hate it but cant control it.....:(

Sorry girls ignore sad post I'll come through. Xxx

oh what a pain - ur doing so well but I think lots of us get these negative thoughts and lose confidence at times - glad we have Minis to put all this down!! At least u recognise it and can perhaps do something to offset it - I know it's too easy to say ignore it!!

hope u'll feel more positive soon - take care xx

Hello Everyone. I hope everyone is feeling a bit better today. Bubbles and Upndown sounded quite down in recent posts so I hope the new week is inspiring you. Small steps. Nanny Doreen Im not surprised you are tired you are always looking after or helping someone. :)
Thx for ur lovely post - I am feeling more positive today - it really helps having support on here! So thx to u allxx

Don`t get too down about it Upndown, we do know how you feel. I too have messed about too much. Not really sure what the answer is. However if you feel we can help in any way, just shout.

Did you enjoy your walk and did you get any inspiration? Hope so I know it helps sometimes. Have you tried planning the day, sure you have, it helps me if I am home lots of the time. I find it harder if someone upsets me and when the kids are around;.. Damn when I am on my own too as I wouldn`t be struggling now !! :rolleyes:

thx Doreen as I've said above - everyone's posts help - so thank u for yours - I'm feeling more positive today! I'm afraid i didn't even get out for the walk that day!! But will be exercising today.

I over-ate again at the weekend - we were out looking for furniture Sat and Sun and ate out twice but last night went to the local theatre where they were showing a live performance of Billy Elliot the musical from London's West End (clever stuff and much cheaper than a trip to London!) it was fab but i had sweets plus ice cream!

Planning to have a good 4 days now before my Friday weigh in.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good Sw week x

Oh Bubble, it's so rotten when we get like that and we ALL do at one time or another. In some ways I think we just have to ride it out, while trying to
Minimise the 'bad' food but not beating ourselves up too much.
There is NO WAY you're not a good Mum, wife or bad at your job, absolutely not not not!! I'm sure your hubby and kids would attest to that and you wouldn't have been given the job if they weren't sure you could do it. At the moment it's all just a lot to cope with.
Minimise the stress where you can and plan in some good stuff, to counteract the harder bits. Reward yourself for doing the jobs you don't like with a (non-food) treat and prep your favourite meals, even if not 100% SW friendly, so you're eating HEALTHILY at least. Loading yourself with unhealthy stodge will just make you feel worse physically and mentally but allow yourself extra syns maybe? Plan to have syns at end of day to look forward too, rather than early on so when you feel the need for a treat you don't feel guilty.
Lots of hugs, you know we're here for you hunni, any time xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

A perfect reply again Cloudy so won't even try to add to it, except to say how right u are about the unhealthy stodge - it pulls me down further mentally and makes me feel pretty rough physically too.

hope things improve for u soon Bubble xx

Aw, that was mean of them but these things happen and families love to embarrass us. I'm sure they didn't really want to hurt your feelings though.

Linda's comment about thongs made me laugh out loud. I was once out with a friend, who is a bit hard of hearing and tends to speak very loudly to others as a consequence. We were walking past La Senza, the undies store and a model in the window display had a thong on. She turned to me and said, loudly, "Oh I can't wear those, they go right up your bum crack, don't you think?" It was one of those moments when suddenly there seems to be a lot of people around and yet very quiet. :rolleyes:
Ha ha - that must have been a red faced moment for u?!

Hope ur feeling less tired now? U have been doing a lot of travelling and think we all feel tired looking after young children, however much we love being with them. And when we're tired I think it's harder to plan our food and to resist the high syn stuff!

I hope u have an easier week and have time to plan ur food - this dieting lark does take some planning doesn't it? Worth it tho eh? Hope u have a good week xx

thx Doreen as I've said above - everyone's posts help - so thank u for yours - I'm feeling more positive today! I'm afraid i didn't even get out for the walk that day!! But will be exercising today.

I over-ate again at the weekend - we were out looking for furniture Sat and Sun and ate out twice but last night went to the local theatre where they were showing a live performance of Billy Elliot the musical from London's West End (clever stuff and much cheaper than a trip to London!) it was fab but i had sweets plus ice cream!

Planning to have a good 4 days now before my Friday weigh in.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good Sw week x

Ooh I loved Billy Elliott but we did the expensive trip to London, even better if you could see it locally. I really enjoy most musicals but think my all time favourite (so far) has been Jersey Boys, I've seen it five times already and could quite happily go again lol.

Did you find any furniture this weekend, I forgot to ask before? It took us ages to find what we liked and then had to wait nearly three months for delivery!! so I don't envy you that task. It's lovely when it arrives though :D

Hope ur feeling less tired now? U have been doing a lot of travelling and think we all feel tired looking after young children, however much we love being with them. And when we're tired I think it's harder to plan our food and to resist the high syn stuff!

I hope u have an easier week and have time to plan ur food - this dieting lark does take some planning doesn't it? Worth it tho eh? Hope u have a good week xx

Totally agree re travelling, I find it exhausting and i'm just a passenger. Why is that?!! its weird. You're also right about it then being hard to plan food and so so tempting to just go for the easy stuff. I do try and have home cooked meals ready in the freezer, shepherds pie, chilli, bolognese sauce etc, so that its a least less preparation but even that isn't instant, which is what you want when you're tired.

Hope this week IS easier for you Doreen.... you deserve a good week. I know you get lonely but don't forget we're all here for you, ready and listening and we'd all happily get pms if you wanted a rant about something you don't want to do in public. Hmm, I may already have said that somewhere but its true. :)

Ooh I loved Billy Elliott but we did the expensive trip to London, even better if you could see it locally. I really enjoy most musicals but think my all time favourite (so far) has been Jersey Boys, I've seen it five times already and could quite happily go again lol.

Did you find any furniture this weekend, I forgot to ask before? It took us ages to find what we liked and then had to wait nearly three months for delivery!! so I don't envy you that task. It's lovely when it arrives though :D

Totally agree re travelling, I find it exhausting and i'm just a passenger. Why is that?!! its weird. You're also right about it then being hard to plan food and so so tempting to just go for the easy stuff. I do try and have home cooked meals ready in the freezer, shepherds pie, chilli, bolognese sauce etc, so that its a least less preparation but even that isn't instant, which is what you want when you're tired.

Hope this week IS easier for you Doreen.... you deserve a good week. I know you get lonely but don't forget we're all here for you, ready and listening and we'd all happily get pms if you wanted a rant about something you don't want to do in public. Hmm, I may already have said that somewhere but its true. :)

yes thx we got what we wanted but that took 4 trips out and neither of us really likes shopping - but cdn't really buy sofas and stuff online and yes there's a 11 week delivery! OH is retiring at Christmas- he's worked as a freelance engineer for over 30 years (just had his 61st b'day) so we're trying to replace things cos there'll be less cash around soon. I was lucky and took voluntary redundancy 2 years ago when I was 58 so have been trying to tart the house up a bit since then!

Stop press!! It's 3.30 and I've been on plan - so relieved - long may it last!! Hope everyone's having a good Monday.

Like Cloudy - u can send me a private message any time Doreen! Xx

Hello. There are some lovely posts on this thread:)
Yes ur right Mo it's a lovely thread!

Well at last I had a good day and didn't feel deprived - hope it lasts! Hope u've all been on plan too. Here's how my day went:

brunch: corn on the cob with salt and pepper - no naughty butter! And a pear
tea: tomato and basil soup SW style with bread HEB, SW quorn sausage casserole with lots of veg
HEA : ss milk in coffee
6 Syns - four blackcurrant and liquorice sweets - mmmm... Better syn value than choc and v tasty!

Last edited:
Yes ur right Mo it's a lovely thread!

Well at last I had a good day and didn't feel deprived - hope it lasts! Hope u've all been on plan too. Here's how my day went:

brunch: corn on the cob with salt and pepper - no naughty butter! And a pear
tea: tomato and basil soup SW style with bread HEB, SW quorn sausage casserole with lots of veg
HEA : ss milk in coffee
6 Syns - four blackcurrant and liquorice sweets - mmmm... Better syn value than choc and v tasty!

Totally agree re the lovely posts on here... its such a friendly and supportive group. Lots of lovely threads on Mins but I feel quite at home here, so glad you don't mind me posting my twaddle :)

Woohooo to Linda's good day! Get another couple under your belt and suddenly you'll feel back in control again. Small steps to being fully back on plan but I know you can do it, the time just suddenly clicks!
really pleased to hear this though, I was worrying about you. Keep it up tomorrow and keep posting my friend! x

Totally agree re the lovely posts on here... its such a friendly and supportive group. Lots of lovely threads on Mins but I feel quite at home here, so glad you don't mind me posting my twaddle :)

Woohooo to Linda's good day! Get another couple under your belt and suddenly you'll feel back in control again. Small steps to being fully back on plan but I know you can do it, the time just suddenly clicks!
really pleased to hear this though, I was worrying about you. Keep it up tomorrow and keep posting my friend! x

Thx - it does help having Minis friends keeping their eyes on me!! So far so good today - just about to have some SW sou for lunch!!

And agree that Minis is fab and this thread is a homely comfortable place to confess, moan, joke and to support one another!

Hello Doreen - hope all's well and ur having an on plan day? Xx

Mmm, well I'm really enjoying my butternut squash soup. It seems way too tasty to be free but it is!! I think I'll freeze the other portion though and make a batch of chicken and vegetable for tomorrow's Red Day on challenge.
Just remembered, I'm going to put one of the new mint after eight Muller yogs in freezer for an hour and a half, then it's hard, almost like icecream for my afternoon snack :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi - hope everyone's well and happy with their day. Somehow managed to stay on plan again - thx for all ur support - it's really helped me and I feel so much better for it! Here's how the day went:

B: corn on the cob with just S & P again (bought a few from the reduced section!)
L: SW tomato and basil soup and porage oats (HEB)with muller lightmuller light
T: leftover quorn sausage and plentiful veg casserole with stewed apple with blackberries from this morning's walk! Also a teeny weeny bit of crumble - unsure of Syns but that's it for the day!
part HEA for milk in 3 coffees
Body Magic: over an hour's hilly walk - whew!

Hello. Well done Upndown and a lot of walking. Mmmm Cloudy the yoghurt like icecream sounds good. I did a 100 lengths today in 62 mins! Of course it is a half size pool but even so I was delighted. :)

Back