NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Thanks Upndown. It was a bit hard, but new week now.

Food for today 3rd October

Hexa milk
Hexb -

B: Banana at class.

L: 2.pm 2 Sains burgers (2syns) grilled toms and grilled onions, grapes coffee

D: pulled pork from yesterday, boiled spuds, broccoli and gravy. (2syns) Rest of grapes
Maybe strawberry jelly with strawberries if ready. (1.1/2)

Met a couple of friends in local garden centre for teas. Made a nice change.

Thanks all for any comments and hope you all have a good weekend. Especially those who are struggling.
I am going to try to keep off the scales this week, well at least til Thursday.

Good to see ur back on plan - tasty food too!! My day is going well so far and no choc in the house - pity that's cos I've eaten it all!

Thank you. Feels good.

Hello Everyone. Sorry you have had a difficult week Doreen. I hope things are improving now. Well done Upndown for getting back on plan. Cloudy I usually swim 5 or 6 times a week for an hour. I usually do 80 lengths which would be 40 in a normal pool. Sometimes I push myself and swim 90 or 100. I don't ache at all I just feel sleepy in the evening which is great.:)

Hi Upndown. Sorry to desert everyone. Have not had a good week at all. Families can be a pain and I am so emotional I let it get on top of me.

I will catch upon posts later. I put on 1lb today which I am actually pleased with. Did manage to pull lots back.

Oh you don't need to be sorry, I could have a right good moan about my family, often!! Like you, sometimes it gets to me too and I go off and brood on it, when I should just moan at them and get it over with. Sounds like you over ate some things you shouldn't because you weren't very happy, which is a shame but understandable.

Thanks Upndown. It was a bit hard, but new week now.

Food for today 3rd October

Hexa milk
Hexb -

B: Banana at class.

L: 2.pm 2 Sains burgers (2syns) grilled toms and grilled onions, grapes coffee

D: pulled pork from yesterday, boiled spuds, broccoli and gravy. (2syns) Rest of grapes
Maybe strawberry jelly with strawberries if ready. (1.1/2)

Met a couple of friends in local garden centre for teas. Made a nice change.

Thanks all for any comments and hope you all have a good weekend. Especially those who are struggling.
I am going to try to keep off the scales this week, well at least til Thursday.

I read about your pork cooked in slow cooker and it sounds delicious. I keep saying I'm going to try doing pulled pork in mine but still haven't got around to it :rolleyes:
I think that lb will soon be gone if you keep eating that way, so nothing much to worry about.
Glad you got out and had tea with friends at the garden centre... I love doing that and as they say, you can choose your friends but not your family, its nice to go out with friends and just relax.
Good idea re staying off the scales, I've braved it and put mine away in the cupboard between weigh-ins and it really does mean I'm not panicking over the odd upndown (sorry Linda, couldn't resist that, you aren't odd at all hehe)

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely weekend Doreen, rest up and just do things that suit you now :)

Hello Everyone. Sorry you have had a difficult week Doreen. I hope things are improving now. Well done Upndown for getting back on plan. Cloudy I usually swim 5 or 6 times a week for an hour. I usually do 80 lengths which would be 40 in a normal pool. Sometimes I push myself and swim 90 or 100. I don't ache at all I just feel sleepy in the evening which is great.:)

Wow, I'm really impressed with that. Wish I'd learned to swim properly when I was younger... but never say never, maybe I will one day. (ooh look, did you see that pig fly past the window then?)
:D

Hi all. For myself this weekend Cloudy I am going out for breakfast in the morning with the neighbour who I was taking to hospital to visit her husband. Bless her, she wants to take me out for a meal as a thank you and we decided to go to garden centre for one of their lovely breakfasts. Can be done pretty close to sw too.

Had a phone call from one of my sisters to say that us 4 girls are to go out for lunch on the 6th November as a birthday celebration for me. It will be in Norfolk at a lovely place we have been to before. 2 of my sisters live nr each other so I will stay with one of them for probably for 4 days or so. Looking forward to it.

Hi all. For myself this weekend Cloudy I am going out for breakfast in the morning with the neighbour who I was taking to hospital to visit her husband. Bless her, she wants to take me out for a meal as a thank you and we decided to go to garden centre for one of their lovely breakfasts. Can be done pretty close to sw too.

Had a phone call from one of my sisters to say that us 4 girls are to go out for lunch on the 6th November as a birthday celebration for me. It will be in Norfolk at a lovely place we have been to before. 2 of my sisters live nr each other so I will stay with one of them for probably for 4 days or so. Looking forward to it.

Oh that's two really nice things to look forward to Doreen. I'm sure your neighbour has really appreciated your kindness, it must have been a stressful time for her. Enjoy your breakfast, it always seems to taste better when you haven't had to cook it yourself and you needn't even go over syns! :)

How lovely to have four sisters together too. Is that on your actual birthday, which will be even more fun. Like a mini holiday too and I love Norfolk! Can I be an adopted sister haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Oh that's two really nice things to look forward to Doreen. I'm sure your neighbour has really appreciated your kindness, it must have been a stressful time for her. Enjoy your breakfast, it always seems to taste better when you haven't had to cook it yourself and you needn't even go over syns! :)

How lovely to have four sisters together too. Is that on your actual birthday, which will be even more fun. Like a mini holiday too and I love Norfolk! Can I be an adopted sister haha :)

You can be an adopted sister. :) It is a shame us sisters we don`t live nearer to each other. Families do spread out now. My actual birthday is 29th October as is DIL and one of my grandsons in NZ. My son has his birthday on the 27th. October/November busy birthday months.
I will be spending some time over that week in Haverhill. I am going to have Pie & Mash on the Saturday, not had any for years.

Hehe, thanks, I rarely see my sister (they live on a farm in Wales but also run their own business plus have bought a house in Italy, so they're very busy) but we have sporadic long chats on the phone.

Do you mean pie and mash as pie, mash and liquor? Though I've never really known what that is.... some kind of sauce or gravy? :)

Hehe, thanks, I rarely see my sister (they live on a farm in Wales but also run their own business plus have bought a house in Italy, so they're very busy) but we have sporadic long chats on the phone.

Do you mean pie and mash as pie, mash and liquor? Though I've never really known what that is.... some kind of sauce or gravy? :)

YEAH Pie Mash & Liquor. So lovely. The liquor is really a parsley sauce but not as white as you would make yourself.

Generally would have to meat pies, not short crust or flaky pastry though, mashed spud usually scraped onto the plate (tradition), then the liquor. The right way to eat it is to turn the pies upside down, slit the pastry and put vinegar in them. The liquor is over the lot once pies turned over. Can`t tell you how lovely it is. Making my mouth water. I always have double pie and double mash, then single pie and single mash afterwards. Watering even more now :p positively drawling. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Some people who are not so diehard just have the pie and mash, no liquor or vinegar.

My food for Saturday 4th October

Hexa milk. hexb 2 toast

B: at cafe
2 eggs cooked on hot plate, ditto 2 bacon. 1 small sausage (say 4syns quite small) and took my own toast. Gave my neighbour my buttered toast.

L; bananas coffee

D: Turkey stew - onion, carrot, sweetcorn and peas added. Oxo cubes. (taken from freezer)
also had some Rainbow potatoes ------ They are small potatoes, some normal light skin, some red skin like desiree and some black skin and sort of purple inside, The red and black come from France. ---- They had reduced them in Tesco from £1.50 to 30p a box so bought 3 of them. Just normal potatoes really, didn`t taste any different.

Followed by strawberries with fat free yogurt with white choc option (2 syns) in it. Lovel it.

Strawberries were reduced due to the date from £2 to 62p. Not bad I reckon. Got 3 of those.

11pm added ham sarni and a tomato. just wanted to eat (5 syns)

total 11 syns

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation, now I know! I remember my Pop (grandad) used to talk about pie, mash and liquor that he used to get in the Market cafe in Brixton I think it was, on a Saturday morning. Gosh that takes me back, Pop died 23 yrs ago! He also loved jellied eels from the same place, yuk!!
I'm not sure I'd like it the traditional way because I hate gravy on pastry, or sauce, though I do like it on mash and I only like vinegar on chips! I think the sauce or liquor itself sounds nice though, my Mum used to make something similar ? to go on white fish, I think that was thickened with either cornflour or arrowroot as it was quite clear and was made with the poaching liquid from the fish, it was really tasty. Cor, something else I've not had for many years!

Food sounds great Doreen. Did you enjoy your breakfast out with your friend. I love that you took your own toast, that's forward thinking! Those potatoes sound really interesting :)

Yes Cloudy I did enjoy it thanks. We had a good `ol chat and bumped into a couple of friends too. Lovely couple of hours. I have asked for the toast without butter in the past and they generally forget. Also it is unsliced bread and cut quite thick and is irresistable. Not good for SW plan. My neighbour Lite laughed when I got it out of my bag, but she was pleased with extra toast.

Jellied eels again mmmmmmmmmmmm

You made me laugh out loud :D ... By the way do you look at your food then when you eat it??;)

I certainly wouldn't if it were eels in case they were still wriggling (shudder) but then they wouldn't be on my plate!! lol
I do look at my food though, I like to try and make it look half decent on the plate so that it is visually enticing, as well as having loads of veg, which I love but makes it look like its going to fill my tum too :)

Oh Lindaaaaa.... where are you hiding? :p
Thx for looking - not hiding - just busy with the family - 11 for tea last night and dishwasher chose a great week to break down - everyone helps tho'. Then son and DiL went out - Owen was unsettled so I went to bed early and slept with him!

Here's how the food went on Friday & Saturday:

Friday - had a light day in prep for weekend!

b: boiled egg
l: fruit salad
t: chicken salad
snacks: apples, satsuma
HEA ss milk in coffee
hill walk - 60 mins-ish

Saturday

b: bacon, bread HEB,
l: chicken salad
t: SW beef casserole, broccoli, sweet corn and carrots, small portion of Apple & blackberry crumble with little bit of ice cream unsur of SynsSyns
Snacks: apples, pineapple

Back