NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Morning all. Just a bit of family news. Julie my DIL in New Zealand as just landed a new job. She is going to be Trainee Health & Safety Inspector for Work Safe NZ.

The job is for the area of Taranaki on then west coast of NZ. There were 1200 applicants! The process was to do an Online test lasting 3 hrs. From that they got the applicants down to 9 I believe. Then there was a long telephone interview then the interview proper. She heard this morning British time that whe had one the post. Out of 20 would be great but out of 1200 is absolutely brilliant.
WELL DONE JULIE
:talk017:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLYNN. 6 TODAY

:birthday: :553::bighug::hug99::bliss:

LOVE NANNY DOREEN XXXXXX

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLYNN. 6 TODAY

:birthday: :553::bighug::hug99::bliss:

LOVE NANNY DOREEN XXXXXX

Yes ..... Happy Birthday to Flynn, Happy Birthday to Flynn, Happy Birthday to Flyyyyyyyn and enjoy yourself Nanny toooooo! Needs to be sung to the traditional Happy Birthday song!! xxx

Morning all. Just a bit of family news. Julie my DIL in New Zealand as just landed a new job. She is going to be Trainee Health & Safety Inspector for Work Safe NZ.

The job is for the area of Taranaki on then west coast of NZ. There were 1200 applicants! The process was to do an Online test lasting 3 hrs. From that they got the applicants down to 9 I believe. Then there was a long telephone interview then the interview proper. She heard this morning British time that whe had one the post. Out of 20 would be great but out of 1200 is absolutely brilliant.
WELL DONE JULIE
:talk017:

Blimey that's amazing - here's another song to be sung to the old Cliff song! CONGRATULATIONS AND CELEBRATIONS - NANNY WANTS THE WORLD TO KNOW HOW LEVER JULIE IS!!

Yes ..... Happy Birthday to Flynn, Happy Birthday to Flynn, Happy Birthday to Flyyyyyyyn and enjoy yourself Nanny toooooo! Needs to be sung to the traditional Happy Birthday song!! xxx

I sang along. Rather croakily but with gusto :)

Morning lovely ladies. I'll try not to breathe my germs into this post as you really don't want this yukky cold. Recording my WI as sts this week but I did weigh a bit later and the scales showed a 0.75 loss. Hoping more will go when totm is over.
Nanny D, hope Flynn has a super day and you too xx

Sorry to hear you're still feeling rough - hope you can rest at least part of the day - will pop in for a cuppa later with some flowers! Must say you did well not to eat (or gorge) on comfort food yesterday - I often just forget about SW when I'm ill! xx

Well another coincidence Linda - this Linda has lost the same 3/4lb but unlike you I'm recording it but it won't let me record 3/4lb so recorded a half! I'm a bit disappointed as I've had a good week and no totm looming - but will plod on!! PLOD being the operative word!!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you're still feeling rough - hope you can rest at least part of the day - will pop in for a cuppa later with some flowers! Must say you did well not to eat (or gorge) on comfort food yesterday - I often just forget about SW when I'm ill! xx

Well another coincidence Linda - this Linda has lost the same 3/4lb but unlike you I'm recording it but it won't let me record 3/4lb so recorded a half! I'm a bit disappointed as I've had a good week and no totm looming - but will plod on!! PLOD being the operative word!!

Thanks for the flowers, they were lovely, good job I don't need to smell them though :rolleyes:. I've actually not had much of an appetite, though my tummy has been rumbling, so I've eaten what I had planned for today, just probably not as much of it. Have had loads to drink though.

Lol, its funny we both actually lost the same amount! I've recorded it (in brackets) on my home tracker but not on Mins challenge or in the Friday weighers group, as I'd already said that I stayed the same. I don't usually weigh till about nine but because I couldn't sleep I got up and weighed early. Not a problem, I was resigned to a possible gain through totm, so a STS is fine. Really really going to try for a good loss next week though, I'd so like to get that 4st award and to be 11stone something :) The other thing is that my BMI will have gone down 10pts which has to be good for long term health and my blood pressure is lower than its been for a long time.
So, totm cravings will be fought tooth and nail (its probably a good thing I've got a cold as they've not been as bad as usual) and fingers kept firmly crossed. :) I shall be plodding alongside you to get there.

Evening ladies,hope you've had good day x

Well I lost 3/4 lb but still a loss eh? Nice day and went to cinema tonightxx

Thanks for the flowers, they were lovely, good job I don't need to smell them though :rolleyes:. I've actually not had much of an appetite, though my tummy has been rumbling, so I've eaten what I had planned for today, just probably not as much of it. Have had loads to drink though.

Lol, its funny we both actually lost the same amount! I've recorded it (in brackets) on my home tracker but not on Mins challenge or in the Friday weighers group, as I'd already said that I stayed the same. I don't usually weigh till about nine but because I couldn't sleep I got up and weighed early. Not a problem, I was resigned to a possible gain through totm, so a STS is fine. Really really going to try for a good loss next week though, I'd so like to get that 4st award and to be 11stone something :) The other thing is that my BMI will have gone down 10pts which has to be good for long term health and my blood pressure is lower than its been for a long time.
So, totm cravings will be fought tooth and nail (its probably a good thing I've got a cold as they've not been as bad as usual) and fingers kept firmly crossed. :) I shall be plodding alongside you to get there.

Good plan for ur loss next week! It's good to have a plodding partner!! Xx

Hope ur all well - and the other Linda wakes up feeling a bit better 2moro - we've not heard from Mo for a while - hope she's ok.

Well a nice day and went to cinema tonight - had a few treats today but not too much over Syns and will be on track 2moro - no point in posting foodage tonight but will plan 2moro's food carefully xx

Ok, so I'm up, showered, dressed and done a load of washing. Just going to eat my fruit and yogurt, then get ready to go watch the little one swimming. My nose isn't running as much so not too bad today.
Hope everyone has a great Saturday, any interesting plans? The rest of my day is going to be spent doing not a lot :D xx

Took a wrong turning, must have had the map upside down, thought I was on my own diary :rollseyes:

Ok, so I'm up, showered, dressed and done a load of washing. Just going to eat my fruit and yogurt, then get ready to go watch the little one swimming. My nose isn't running as much so not too bad today.
Hope everyone has a great Saturday, any interesting plans? The rest of my day is going to be spent doing not a lot :D xx

Took a wrong turning, must have had the map upside down, thought I was on my own diary :rollseyes:

You read the Minis map as well as me then! Glad cold is on it's way out. We're off for a walk in a bit sunny but cool here and plan to have chilling night in after a busy week. Planned a light day's eating to counteract my treats yest!

Morning, this Linda slept quite well actually. Nice evening, what did you see at the cinema? Well done on not going over by much xx

Nativity 3 with Martin Clunes, Catherine Tate took the children - a laugh out loud fil - good fun they always weave lines in for the adults too don't they? Resisted lots of goodies but had a few sweets as my WI treat!

Hello Everyone. Hope you are lol having a good day. Sorry you've got a cold Cloudy. Hope it goes soon. Well done on the loss Upndown. I've had a loss too. Ive done my hours swimming as usual so feel quite virtuous lol. Mo
:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Hello Everyone. Hope you are lol having a good day. Sorry you've got a cold Cloudy. Hope it goes soon. Well done on the loss Upndown. I've had a loss too. Ive done my hours swimming as usual so feel quite virtuous lol. Mo

good to hear from you - just noticed ur stats - ur very close to goal - well done - all those lengths will have helped and I'm sure thev've toned u up too!xx

Well hello there, we wondered where you were. Thought you'd kept on swimming and were halfway to France!
Well done on your loss, not surprising with all that exercise! Don't be a stranger xx

Back