NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Nativity 3 with Martin Clunes, Catherine Tate took the children - a laugh out loud fil - good fun they always weave lines in for the adults too don't they? Resisted lots of goodies but had a few sweets as my WI treat!

Sounds good, it's nice to find something all generations enjoy. I like Martin Clunes :) x

Where is Nanny Doreen? I hope she is well. mo x:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

A relaxing weekend for us for a change - need it after a busy week! Hope u've all had a good day - here's my food - kept it light after yest sweet treats - lots of fluids too!

brunch made by hubby - Bacon and tomatoes
tea: ham, onion, HEA cheese omelette, tomatoes, baked beans, 2 slices chorizo 1.5 Syns, beet, pickled onions
snacks: apples, satsuma
HEB - Alpen Light

Where is Nanny Doreen? I hope she is well. mo x:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

She's away at her sons at the moment but has been reporting in. Thought she was back today, so maybe exhausted! X

A relaxing weekend for us for a change - need it after a busy week! Hope u've all had a good day - here's my food - kept it light after yest sweet treats - lots of fluids too!

brunch made by hubby - Bacon and tomatoes
tea: ham, onion, HEA cheese omelette, tomatoes, baked beans, 2 slices chorizo 1.5 Syns, beet, pickled onions
snacks: apples, satsuma
HEB - Alpen Light

Excellent day, sure that's made up for yesterday and nice to relax.
I've been so relaxed I nodded off for half an hour lol xx

Excellent day, sure that's made up for yesterday and nice to relax.
I've been so relaxed I nodded off for half an hour lol xx

Well it is the weekend after all and u've been fighting a cold all week! Hope u have a good pain free sleep tonight! Xx

Morning - oops it's afternoon now! xx

Hope you've all had an on plan day? It's been a bit of a grey day outside - but pretty sunny and warm in here! Chilled for most of the day - did a few chores - prepared one of Chocko's recipes for tea - it was lovely and some left for 2moro too - some of my friends don't like having the same thing 2 days in a row but it suits lazy me!

Brunch: HEB porage oats/yog/few raisins 2 syns?
Tea: Chocko's Chicken and Chorizo Jambalaya 2 syns- wonderful I can heartily recommend! Thanks again Chocko!
Snacks: dried bananas 2.5 syns, 2 apples, Satsuma, HEA part cheese, ss milk in 1 coffee, half a choc mini roll 3 syns
Total Syns - 9.5 syns

I've made lots of Kathy's recipes, they're fab and I often browse through just for inspiration too. I've managed an on plan day, despite being so very tired and having my grandson here all afternoon. Went for a walk too, so I've not done too badly. Will post my food up on my diary shortly.
Well done Linda, you really are back into the swing of things. I know you (and many of us) are only ever an open fridge door away from a binge but after your post holiday struggle, you've picked up brilliantly.
Christmas is obviously going to be our next real problem but for now, I don't know about you but I'm just sticking with staying on plan one day at a time. :)

I've made lots of Kathy's recipes, they're fab and I often browse through just for inspiration too. I've managed an on plan day, despite being so very tired and having my grandson here all afternoon. Went for a walk too, so I've not done too badly. Will post my food up on my diary shortly.
Well done Linda, you really are back into the swing of things. I know you (and many of us) are only ever an open fridge door away from a binge but after your post holiday struggle, you've picked up brilliantly.
Christmas is obviously going to be our next real problem but for now, I don't know about you but I'm just sticking with staying on plan one day at a time. :)

You did well too esp as ur not feeling well - yes one day at a time eh? Not really thinking about Xmas and SW but hope to limit it to the Bank Hols and we never buy loads in as hubby and are left to eat it! Night, night xx

Hope it's been a good on plan Monday for u all?! I've helping to prepare for next week's school Christmas Fair today - good fun and lots of lovely donations but I was surprised with some of them - out of date sweets (and no I didn't eat them!) and several part used toiletries!! Here's my food plan - I'll amend any changes but thought I'd post in case I don't get a chance later.

Edit - had an Alpen Light later!

B: magic porage aah didn't class this ad HEB so 6 Syns!
L: broccoli soup, chewy delight yummy HEB
T: corn on the cob (no butter), chicken & chorizo jambalaya leftovers 2 Syns, yog and summer berries
Snacks: Weight W tortillas 4 Syns 2 Alpen Lights now! 6 syns?
TOTAL SYNS: 18.5 !!!!!!!!!!

Thought at first I'd try to have no Syns 2moro but that's not realistic is it?! So Plan B is to have less than 10 Syns each day for the rest of the week, reduce my carbs, drink more fluids and exercise each day grrrrr!!

Last edited:
That last post made me laugh, upndown! :D I'm a Teaching Assistant in a primary school and some of the donations you received for your school Christmas Fayre, don't surprise me at all! When we've asked for bottles in the past, that's exactly what some people have sent in! Empty bottles, of all descriptions!! Amazing!! :D On the up side, we have lots of lovely ladies, like yourself, who come to help out with our various fundraisers and they're all really appreciated. Hope it goes well next week.

Kathy xx

Hope you've all had an on plan day? It's been a bit of a grey day outside - but pretty sunny and warm in here! Chilled for most of the day - did a few chores - prepared one of Chocko's recipes for tea - it was lovely and some left for 2moro too - some of my friends don't like having the same thing 2 days in a row but it suits lazy me!

Brunch: HEB porage oats/yog/few raisins 2 syns?
Tea: Chocko's Chicken and Chorizo Jambalaya 2 syns- wonderful I can heartily recommend! Thanks again Chocko!
Snacks: dried bananas 2.5 syns, 2 apples, Satsuma, HEA part cheese, ss milk in 1 coffee, half a choc mini roll 3 syns
Total Syns - 9.5 syns

Thanks for the lovely recommendation, upndown! :) x

Thank-you, Cloudy. That's very kind of you to say. :) xx

That last post made me laugh, upndown! :D I'm a Teaching Assistant in a primary school and some of the donations you received for your school Christmas Fayre, don't surprise me at all! When we've asked for bottles in the past, that's exactly what some people have sent in! Empty bottles, of all descriptions!! Amazing!! :D On the up side, we have lots of lovely ladies, like yourself, who come to help out with our various fundraisers and they're all really appreciated. Hope it goes well next week.

Kathy xx

Thanks - gosh aren't people strange? The school events usually do well - the last thing they did was a Macmillan morning and they raised £927!!

Wow! That's good! Do you find it's the same people helping out though? We keep asking for more help on the PTA but there are rarely any takers. The Year 5's made games and stalls for Children In Need last Friday and managed to raise over eight hundred pounds with that. We used to have huge cake stalls (no good for the likes of us, I know) but, as we're now classed as a 'Healthy Eating' school, we're no longer allowed to sell cakes. Think it's a bit ridiculous, personally, as I don't see how banning cakes completely is promoting a balanced way of eating. Surely it's better to teach the children that to have a treat occasionally is ok. Apart from that, we used to make loads of money from the cake stalls. Oh well - at least I can't be tempted! :D

Hello Doreen - hope you're home safe and sound now - and resting!! xx

Your school seem to do well on the fundraising Linda. I was on the PTA for eight years at the village school where my girls went and we all worked very hard at whatever events we put on. We had a lot of fun though and raised a lot for the school, so its worthwhile.
Another good day for you with your food. I've managed another 100% on plan day, whoopee despite making a cake for hubby and daughter, the remaining slices are already wrapped and frozen, so I can't be tempted!

Hope you're all well and having a great week this week. :)

Back