NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

No I just moaned about cooking and preparation elsewhere :( but its the daily grind of it that I dislike, not the actual cooking part. Don't get me started again, I've already whinged on poor Cheryls diary :rolleyes:
Today it doesn't feel like I could lose a single lb before Christmas... on the other hand I could easily gain quite a few :eek: but hoping that in a few days, I'll feel less despondent about the whole thing.
Anyway, before I depress all of Mins, I'm going to take myself off to bed. Night night xx

You never winge hun. Always here to listen xx

You never winge hun. Always here to listen xx
I agree with Cheryl - moan away if u need to - it's good for the soul - hormones are v powerful and dictate our moods - hopefully yours will settle down v soon. Any totm gain will disappear after a few 'good' days and over the last 6 months you've done soooo well - so u'll feel much happier with ur Chrimbo pics!! Half the country will be dieting in January so it might feel easier for us all then!

Last edited:
Hello. Upndown I haven't been swimming as I have a painful back at the moment. I've been to the harbour today. The wind is really strengthening and its bitterly cold. Hope everyone is keeping warm. :winter_brr::winter_brr::winter_brr::winter_brr::26::26::26::26::winter_brr::bundledup::bundledup::bundledup::bundledup::bundledup:

I'm posting early food today - a bit quiet here - hope Doreen's having fun with the children, Linda's feeling better, jut read Mom's post and hope else everyone's okx

Weather's changed - it was 6 degrees yesterday - with a tiny bit of sleet on the car - today it's 10.5 degrees but v windy and wet again today!

Well another Success Express Day for me - made easier by not feeling hungry - odd, but that does seem to happen to me on a cyclical basis!! But wd never say no to choc!! Here's my food:

B'fast: fruit salad - 2 pears, satsuma
Lunch: omelette with HEA of Parmesan and bacon & salad leaves and cherry toms - really enjoyed it and it was v filling!
Tea: will post later - there's leftover curry but don't fancy it at the mo!

EDIT: Still didn't fancy the curry so had cheese HEA and toast 2 HEAs with marmite and tomatoes and 2 satsumas and an apple. Could murder some chocolate but don't have any in apart from Christmas goodies and don't want to start on them or I won't stop!!

Last edited:
Hello. Upndown I haven't been swimming as I have a painful back at the moment. I've been to the harbour today. The wind is really strengthening and its bitterly cold. Hope everyone is keeping warm. :winter_brr::winter_brr::winter_brr::winter_brr::26::26::26::26::winter_brr::bundledup::bundledup::bundledup::bundledup::bundledup:

Hi Mo - good to hear from you - but sorry to hear about your back - hope that heals soon - are you having treatment, I'm sure you miss the swimming. How's the dieting going? I think it's more difficult with all the seasonal temptations! Well we'll we muddle along here won't we!! xx

Hello Upndown. I've lost 1 lb in to he last 2 weeks but I don't mind as long as I don't put on. I find it really tricky in the cold weather and my OH is home on leave so food is always on the agenda lol. :party0051::eating::party0051::eating::party0051::eating::party0051::eating::party0051::eating::party0051:

I agree with Cheryl - moan away if u need to - it's good for the soul - hormones are v powerful and dictate our moods - hopefully yours will settle down v soon. Any totm gain will disappear after a few 'good' days and over the last 6 months you've done soooo well - so u'll feel much happier with ur Chrimbo pics!! Half the country will be dieting in January so it might feel easier for us all then!

Thanks... I was feeling quite sorry for myself yesterday lol. Today, I'm feeling the same but just accepted that its probably hormonal and won't do me any lasting harm to go with it for a couple of days. Was just chatting with Kathryn by text and saying that the others here want curry tonight, they first said a takeaway but then hubby said there is a jar of chicken tikka sauce in the cupboard that needs using (hmm, the use by date isn't even until March!) but I think we may have it, as I've already defrosted chicken breasts, its quick and easy and I can just have more chicken, less sauce and I'll happily have half a plateful of veg with it, I like veg with any meal lol.
We're just having a cup of tea and I had some yogurt/options/raspberries... while Millie is napping. We've almost put together the Ikea unit we got this morning (we're pretty good at flatpack) and will finish off and move stuff around when she wakes up. It will be a lot easier in Lucy's room then, its a big room but has the cot and a changing table in at the moment. The change table will be dismantled as she bangs her legs/feet down and is very nearly hitting them on the end of it, which will hurt if she does! Nappy changing can be done on the floor on changemat or same on bed, we do half the time anyway. The new unit will give her much needed toy and 'bits' storage (nappies, wipes, muslins, assorted baby creams, lotions, thermometer, hair brush, you know all that comes with a little one lol) plus some room for toy and book storage as she gets bigger. She's happy having her in with her at the moment but when she's a bit bigger she'll probably go into the room opposite, which at the moment is Jamie's room but he doesn't sleep here that often. I asked him and he said if he stays he would like to sleep in the big bed (in the other spare room) so that is fine. Most of his toys and books are downstairs, some in the dining room cupboard and some in the garage, so that's not a problem, I just didn't want him to feel pushed out of what had become 'his' room, when he stayed here a lot when he was smaller and she was working full time.

Lol, you didn't really need to know all that but I like a good ramble, it keeps me sane (ish).

Can you book me in for some of those 'good days' that you mentioned, cos they aren't on the agenda right at the moment! :rolleyes:

Thanks... I was feeling quite sorry for myself yesterday lol. Today, I'm feeling the same but just accepted that its probably hormonal and won't do me any lasting harm to go with it for a couple of days. Was just chatting with Kathryn by text and saying that the others here want curry tonight, they first said a takeaway but then hubby said there is a jar of chicken tikka sauce in the cupboard that needs using (hmm, the use by date isn't even until March!) but I think we may have it, as I've already defrosted chicken breasts, its quick and easy and I can just have more chicken, less sauce and I'll happily have half a plateful of veg with it, I like veg with any meal lol.
We're just having a cup of tea and I had some yogurt/options/raspberries... while Millie is napping. We've almost put together the Ikea unit we got this morning (we're pretty good at flatpack) and will finish off and move stuff around when she wakes up. It will be a lot easier in Lucy's room then, its a big room but has the cot and a changing table in at the moment. The change table will be dismantled as she bangs her legs/feet down and is very nearly hitting them on the end of it, which will hurt if she does! Nappy changing can be done on the floor on changemat or same on bed, we do half the time anyway. The new unit will give her much needed toy and 'bits' storage (nappies, wipes, muslins, assorted baby creams, lotions, thermometer, hair brush, you know all that comes with a little one lol) plus some room for toy and book storage as she gets bigger. She's happy having her in with her at the moment but when she's a bit bigger she'll probably go into the room opposite, which at the moment is Jamie's room but he doesn't sleep here that often. I asked him and he said if he stays he would like to sleep in the big bed (in the other spare room) so that is fine. Most of his toys and books are downstairs, some in the dining room cupboard and some in the garage, so that's not a problem, I just didn't want him to feel pushed out of what had become 'his' room, when he stayed here a lot when he was smaller and she was working full time.

Lol, you didn't really need to know all that but I like a good ramble, it keeps me sane (ish).

Can you book me in for some of those 'good days' that you mentioned, cos they aren't on the agenda right at the moment! :rolleyes:

I'm nosey - so it's good to hear about other's housey stuff! So rant away!! Some 'good day package' shd be with you in the first post in the morning lol!! If only it were that easy to get our hands on one! But you're not going bonkers!! Enjoy your curry - looks as if it will be v light on syns and hope it satisfies your hormonal hunger!! xx

Hello Upndown. I've lost 1 lb in to he last 2 weeks but I don't mind as long as I don't put on. I find it really tricky in the cold weather and my OH is home on leave so food is always on the agenda lol. :party0051::eating::party0051::eating::party0051::eating::party0051::eating::party0051::eating::party0051:

Well done on your loss - I agree it's harder in the winter! Esp when ur eating out and you're so close to your target - will ur OH be home for Christmas or will you be celebrating early?

It was yummy but will probably sit quite heavily in my stomach all night and remind me, in a good way, why I really do prefer SW eating.

Halfway through eating it the Rotary Club Christmas appeal collectors came round with Santa and his reindeer on a trailer and lots of 'elves' collecting. After going to the door to donate we opened the blind and all stood at the window. Santa called out Happy Christmas, See you soon lol and waved.

Will put my laptop on shortly and catch up on other diaries x

It was yummy but will probably sit quite heavily in my stomach all night and remind me, in a good way, why I really do prefer SW eating.

Halfway through eating it the Rotary Club Christmas appeal collectors came round with Santa and his reindeer on a trailer and lots of 'elves' collecting. After going to the door to donate we opened the blind and all stood at the window. Santa called out Happy Christmas, See you soon lol and waved.

Will put my laptop on shortly and catch up on other diaries x

Aaah did Millie see them- or perhaps she'd too young to appreciate that this year? Hope you sleep wellxx

Aaah did Millie see them- or perhaps she'd too young to appreciate that this year? Hope you sleep wellxx

Nope, she was fast asleep but doubt she'd have been impressed, at just under eight months. She just likes all the lights and colourful bits. Lucy is taking her to see Santa tomorrow though, with one of her other Mummy and baby friends. x

Nope, she was fast asleep but doubt she'd have been impressed, at just under eight months. She just likes all the lights and colourful bits. Lucy is taking her to see Santa tomorrow though, with one of her other Mummy and baby friends. x
Aaah sweet - hopefully there'll be shiny stuff for her to enjoy! How are u feeling today?xx

Well what a morning! We took delivery of a sofa unit today but the delivery guys struggled to get it into the room but hubby had taken day off work cos he thought there cd be a problem!

In the end hubby told them to leave it cos he was concerned that the newly decorated hall wd get marked! So he took all the parts he cd off the unit - then took 3 doors off and we managed to get it in!! Took a while but it's in and we're pleased with it! Do u think I've earned my body magic with all that?

Food so far:

B: muller yog, porage oats HEB, berries
L: bacon, bread HEB, Parmesan HEA, cherry toms and salad leaves
Eating out tonight so plan to eat on plan and buy a Freddo instead of dessert - let's hope I don't eat both! I'll let u know later xx

EDIT - TO ADD my evening meal:

Steak, veg and salad asked for no butter, no dressing, found an Alpen Light 3 syns?? in the cupboard so had that instead of a Freddo plus a coffee - part HEA of milk (probably full fat?) Also had 2 diet cokes - I always offer to drive - I'd much rather have a pud than a drink - that's if an Alpen Light counts as a pud!! xx

Last edited:
Aaah sweet - hopefully there'll be shiny stuff for her to enjoy! How are u feeling today?xx

Just trying to keep busy and only have on plan food. Ok so far, wrapping presents at the moment, I remembered a couple I hadn't done.

You? X

Wow it sounds as though you did really well to get the unit in the house! Definitely earned body magic points! OH goes back on Tuesday. :character00182::character00182::character00182::character00182:

Back