NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Wow it sounds as though you did really well to get the unit in the house! Definitely earned body magic points! OH goes back on Tuesday. :character00182::character00182::character00182::character00182:

will he be back for Christmas?xx

Hey twinny, you deffo earned some body magic brownie points. Great plan re the Freddo instead of dessert, so you know you've got something to look forward to. Enjoy your meal out xx
Thx - hope I can stay on plan!xx

Just trying to keep busy and only have on plan food. Ok so far, wrapping presents at the moment, I remembered a couple I hadn't done.

You? X

Well I've been ok up to now - half the morning taken up with the sofa etc - planned the main meals for Christmas thro to New Year, lots of mouths to feed - did the usual house jobs, picked the girls up from school!

You seem brighter today - hope ur feeling bit better?xx

Yes a bit better, I've not done much today, apart from wrapping presents and cleaned two bathrooms.
Just had Kathys chorizo pasta bake and it was really yum! X
Will pop back later to see how you got on when you ate out

Yes a bit better, I've not done much today, apart from wrapping presents and cleaned two bathrooms.
Just had Kathys chorizo pasta bake and it was really yum! X
Will pop back later to see how you got on when you ate out 

Glad you're feeling a bit better - isn't totm a horrible thing? Glad you had more rest than work today - but bet you missed some jobs out - like making tea - dishwasher etc etc - it's like we're programmed to do all that stuff and we take it all in our stride (just as well I suppose!)

I'll update my food post now!xx

Yes that's true, there's a lot of things I do during a day/week that if it was a paid job would be listed in the job description. Of course, thats the same for most of us, we just do it without thinking.

We've been watching Angels and Demons... I've seen it before but hubby hadn't, so I'm half reading some threads on Mins too.

Well done on your meal out update Linda, the girl done good :)
Sleep well, I'm off to tidy and then bed. x

Thanks - it seems my hormones are working with me at the moment - I seem to have 2 hungry weeks then 2 un-hungry ones! But sometimes I work against the un-hungry feelings!! But want to do my best before Christmas and remember I'm still trying to lose my summer holiday weight!! Night, Night xx

:character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180:Guess who went swimming today? My back was tons better so off I went. I swam for an hour! Lovely. Upndown ,he won't be home for Christmas day.

:character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180::character00180:Guess who went swimming today? My back was tons better so off I went. I swam for an hour! Lovely. Upndown ,he won't be home for Christmas day.

That's good - I'm sure you miss it when you can't go! Fab all body exercise too! Oh well at least he's been home this month - did you have an early Christmas dinner I wonder?xx

Thanks - it seems my hormones are working with me at the moment - I seem to have 2 hungry weeks then 2 un-hungry ones! But sometimes I work against the un-hungry feelings!! But want to do my best before Christmas and remember I'm still trying to lose my summer holiday weight!! Night, Night xx

You did pretty well for eating out I reckon. I'm not usually that good when confronted with lots of yummy puds on the menu.
I still can't work up much enthusiasm for SW 100% at the moment, I really don't know what's up with me, I've not had this since I started way back in February. I know I'm going to show a gain, a good 3lb I reckon, when I weigh in tomorrow as my period has only started today and it takes at least three or four days for the extra water weight to go, plus I've had a few off days this week. I'm finding it really hard to feel enthusiastic about it. I think its the a combination of hormones, cold dreary weather, stress at home, lots to do for Christmas etc, not just one thing but I feel one step from just saying I can't be bothered and having a right old binge. Yet that is quite scary, as I want to be in control of what I'm eating... not slip back into throwing all kinds of junk down my neck and regaining the lost weight.
I'm really really hoping to just be good enough up to Christmas, once totm is over, to not gain anything, then have a couple of days off and somehow find a whole bunch of willpower, enthusiasm and fight to start off the new year and lose another stone and a half.
Hmm. :rolleyes:

So, please tell me you've had a good day and that at least one of us will be looking at a loss tomorrow? :)

Cooey, Nanny Doreen... are you hiding from us? I didn't think you were away all week this week or has my rememberer got that wrong? Wherever you are, I hope you're well and will be popping in soon. :)

Mo, well done on getting back to swimming and really good to hear your back is better. x

You did pretty well for eating out I reckon. I'm not usually that good when confronted with lots of yummy puds on the menu.
I still can't work up much enthusiasm for SW 100% at the moment, I really don't know what's up with me, I've not had this since I started way back in February. I know I'm going to show a gain, a good 3lb I reckon, when I weigh in tomorrow as my period has only started today and it takes at least three or four days for the extra water weight to go, plus I've had a few off days this week. I'm finding it really hard to feel enthusiastic about it. I think its the a combination of hormones, cold dreary weather, stress at home, lots to do for Christmas etc, not just one thing but I feel one step from just saying I can't be bothered and having a right old binge. Yet that is quite scary, as I want to be in control of what I'm eating... not slip back into throwing all kinds of junk down my neck and regaining the lost weight.
I'm really really hoping to just be good enough up to Christmas, once totm is over, to not gain anything, then have a couple of days off and somehow find a whole bunch of willpower, enthusiasm and fight to start off the new year and lose another stone and a half.
Hmm. :rolleyes:

So, please tell me you've had a good day and that at least one of us will be looking at a loss tomorrow? :)

As u say it's totm and a busy time of year plus usual family stuff - as u well know I've been there! hopefully once totm is over - hormones and water retention gone u'll have a good run b4 Xmas - then everyone here will be fully on plan to kick off the New Year and u'll want to be part of that!

yes my day was bitty but on plan:

b: Apple and muller yog
l: SW minestrone soup, Alpen light part HEB
t: Brussel sprout leaves, chopped bacon, garlic fried with part HEB olive oil yummy!
snacks: 2 bananas, grapes, hula hoops 5 Syns I think (multipack size) pinched bit of buttercream from a cake! ? Syns

as u can see felt hungry thro the day but managed to hang on in there!

Took Poppy for swimming lesson today - at one point while she was in the deep end - the instructor told her to swim a length in the stroke of her choice - so she proceeded to outstretch her arms above the water - hands claw like and started moving her fingers in a pinching movement whilst doing the breaststroke movement with her legs and 'swam' the length like that - afterwards she said "well he said it was my choice so I decided to be a crab!"

she's in the school choir and they're off to a care home 2moro to sing Carols etc - she surprised me by saying that 'Winter Wonderland' was her favourite! She's also playing Frosty the snowman on the cornet - wd love to be a fly on the wall!

will post my WI result ASAP 2moro but Poppy's here so not sure what time that will be!xx

Morning - 1 off for me x

Morning - 1 off for me x

Well done upndown that's ace. Sounds like you had a nice day yesterday too.

Cloudy we all feel like that sometimes but it's worse at this time of the year. Just a thought have you done a for and against list? The reasons why you want to lose weight and the reasons that you don't.,

I found it really helped and I found the reasons I did it for when I started were very different for the reasons I wanted to Carr on when I had lost 3 stone.

Have a good day both

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Well done Twinny. I'm up 2.5 :( but expected that and maybe more as beginning of totm is the worst for me. At least it shoukd start to go down now.
I've had real trouble getting on to mins app. I'm actually having a cup of tea in costa atm. Just tea, no cake, which I think is pretty good for today lol.
Will catch up properly later as this is painfully slow to load (hope it sends) xx

Afternoon ladies ---- back again. Had to go to Haverhill unexpectedly on Sunday. I did get back Wednesday in time for over 50`s lunchtime Xmas dinner. I was so tired when I returned. I really am not sure why I get soo tired.

Anyway will look at posts later today but in the meantime I put ON 3lbs :eek: :booboo: I get these down days and start eating. Not gonna change profile as I am going to lose it this coming week. :whistle:. No seriously I am going to give it a good try. Since getting home from class am making some soup, slow cooker chicken casserole and a beef & carrot casserole which is in oven now. Having the last of my bread for lunch and not buying anymore for this week.

Will check in shortly and reply to you all.

by the way. The reason I was not on minis was because my Son does not have broadband at the moment as his wife is in dispute with sky.

Her phone bill was very high and sky say that she phones niks mobile every day with the house phone.. They almost never use the house phone as they have contract mobiles. Nik didn`t eve3n have his for one month as he did not pay the bill. Sky are having none of it so they will probably have to swallow it. I have suggested that she keeps an eye on it as when they are back on line they will be able to see it, I think.

Cooey, Nanny Doreen... are you hiding from us? I didn't think you were away all week this week or has my rememberer got that wrong? Wherever you are, I hope you're well and will be popping in soon. :)

Mo, well done on getting back to swimming and really good to hear your back is better. x

Morning - 1 off for me x

Well done for losing your pound this week Upndown, I have read through posts but am so tired again gonna have a rest. Been shopping to Tesco.

Cloudy, sorry to see you have not been feeling yourself. I don`t have totm but still get the hormone problems & lots of down days.

You will have both seen my reasons for not being on minis. They will get broadband back in a few days ie pay day.

I will endeavour to keep up.

Coffee now.

Back