NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Friday 12th December.

Hexa milk hexb 2 bread

L: 1/2 tin beans, 1 egg, 3 bread (1.1/2 syns))

D: Beef & carrot casserole, Broccoli, peas.
Boiled spuds. Oxo cubes. Tsp gravy grans (1syn)
Bananas & fromage frais.

2 mullerlights

Baileys coffee 20ml (3syns)

5.1/2 syns.

Last edited:
Great to see you back, Doreen! :) Sorry to hear you're feeling so tired though. Maybe a few days at home and sleeping in your own bed will remedy it. Let's hope so, anyway! Hope Nik gets sorted with Sky too. Doesn't sound like very good customer relations going on there!
Must say, your food sounds pretty yummy and with good planning ahead too! :)
Take care. xx

Great to see you back, Doreen! :) Sorry to hear you're feeling so tired though. Maybe a few days at home and sleeping in your own bed will remedy it. Let's hope so, anyway! Hope Nik gets sorted with Sky too. Doesn't sound like very good customer relations going on there!
Must say, your food sounds pretty yummy and with good planning ahead too! :)
Take care. xx

Thanks Kathy. My DIL has taken pity on me and I`m not going up during next week. The children are coming Sat next week and staying till 23rd. I will drive up to them Christmas morning for a couple of days. Then when Mum & Dad go back to work the kids are down to me for 4 more days and Mum will stay here each night. I like it much better that way, not so tiring.

What are you doing for Christmas Kathy x

Good to see you again Doreen. What a pain for your son re Sky. I've never had dealings with them personally but know my old neighbours had a heck of a battle with them but they DID get what they were entitled to in the end, so worth making a fuss.
Sorry to hear you've had a gain too, it can't be easy when you aren't at home. I'm not surprised you get tired love, looking after youngsters IS hard work, however good they are. It will be nice when they come to you :)
Hope your rest well tonight xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Well thank u all for ur praise but u might want to take it back when u hear what I've eaten today! Cakes, choc and fish and chips - feel as if I've put on half a stone - deserve to eh? Not sure why I did that and I feel v uncomfortable - not expecting any sympathy btw!

Had a nice day today apart from food disaster - shopping then met friends for lunch then more shopping, chilling now with hair colour and face pack in bath - good job this isn't minis-vision!

Off to a funeral of hubby's elderly uncle in the morning then looking after his Mum- then going to do a check with hubby to make sure we have everything in for Xmas plus shopping list for rest! Will catch up on diaries when I rinsed my hair! Hoping ur all well!xx

Hello everyone. Wow there were so many posts to catch up on and that was only in one day! Everyone is so busy. Well done for the loss Upndown. No swimming today unfortunately. But first thing this morning we had to go for a new tree as our fibre optic didn't light any more. :xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:I like the new one as it's taller.

Well thank u all for ur praise but u might want to take it back when u hear what I've eaten today! Cakes, choc and fish and chips - feel as if I've put on half a stone - deserve to eh? Not sure why I did that and I feel v uncomfortable - not expecting any sympathy btw!

Had a nice day today apart from food disaster - shopping then met friends for lunch then more shopping, chilling now with hair colour and face pack in bath - good job this isn't minis-vision!

Off to a funeral of hubby's elderly uncle in the morning then looking after his Mum- then going to do a check with hubby to make sure we have everything in for Xmas plus shopping list for rest! Will catch up on diaries when I rinsed my hair! Hoping ur all well!xx

Definitely don't want to take it back, you still lost that weight in the first place which took hard work and willpower. Unfortunately, a loss often tempts us to treat ourselves with something naughty but it can make us go overboard and one things leads to another, as you have found, its really not a good idea! However, if it was going to happen, first day of next weighing week is probably the best time; now you can work at keeping on plan for the rest of it; maybe the damage you did today won't show by next weigh in?
So, yes its self inflicted and I'd be feeling the same but I'm still offering sympathy because we've all been there and if we haven't yet, no doubt we will be!

Giggling at minis-vision! We're currently watching Coldplay on tv, (red button or something) waiting to watch Gogglebox, which I love. I had 'cheats pizza' tonight as the others wanted the real deal and garlic bread! Was happy enough with that actually and then had my usual three squares of Dairy Milk so my tum is happy too :)

Hope tomorrow goes as well as these things can and your M-in-Law is well. Good luck with the checking lists etc, I seem to keep adding to ours! I suddenly realised I'd not bought redcurrant jelly, so I'd have been in trouble lol. I can't bear it myself, I'm not a fan of sweet things with savoury but the others do, so its now on the Sainsburys shopping list for next week. :)
Hope your water didn't go cold :D

Hello everyone. Wow there were so many posts to catch up on and that was only in one day! Everyone is so busy. Well done for the loss Upndown. No swimming today unfortunately. But first thing this morning we had to go for a new tree as our fibre optic didn't light any more. :xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:I like the new one as it's taller.

Hi Mo, sorry we are such chatterboxes hehe. Hubby says I need a zip on my mouth, maybe I need one to stop my fingers typing too much as well :D
Lovely to get a new tree, I love Christmas sparkles :)

I haven`t been on for a few days and there was such a lot to read. I usually go backwards.

Got my decs to sort. The kiddies are coming next week so gonna let them decorate the tree. It will be a bit late but nevermind

I agree with Cloudy, no matter what you did lose it first. We have all done it and you have our sympathy. It makes us so cross with ourselves. I have been struggling not to eat fish and chips since I had them last Friday. It made me smile when I saw you had had some. :)

At present I am on my first day and so far so good. Just a Baileys coffee before bed.

Afternoon ladies ---- back again. Had to go to Haverhill unexpectedly on Sunday. I did get back Wednesday in time for over 50`s lunchtime Xmas dinner. I was so tired when I returned. I really am not sure why I get soo tired.

Anyway will look at posts later today but in the meantime I put ON 3lbs :eek: :booboo: I get these down days and start eating. Not gonna change profile as I am going to lose it this coming week. :whistle:. No seriously I am going to give it a good try. Since getting home from class am making some soup, slow cooker chicken casserole and a beef & carrot casserole which is in oven now. Having the last of my bread for lunch and not buying anymore for this week.

Will check in shortly and reply to you all.

As Linda said - looking after young children is tiring plus ur driving a long way - I find looking after Poppy and Izzy tiring and they're 9 and 13!! Plus all the tidying up and taking them out etc! But we all enjoying looking after them don't we?

It is hard to be on plan when you're away from home and out of routine too - think it's worth trying to be on plan till Xmas for all of us - good luck to us all! xxx

I agree with Cloudy, no matter what you did lose it first. We have all done it and you have our sympathy. It makes us so cross with ourselves. I have been struggling not to eat fish and chips since I had them last Friday. It made me smile when I saw you had had some. :)

At present I am on my first day and so far so good. Just a Baileys coffee before bed.

well done on ur first day back n plan - doesn't it feel good? hope u feel proud of urself too!xx

I haven`t been on for a few days and there was such a lot to read. I usually go backwards.

Got my decs to sort. The kiddies are coming next week so gonna let them decorate the tree. It will be a bit late but nevermind

Ur not late Doreen - I think many European countries decorate Christmas Eve! All we have up are 3 tiny cute angels on the mantelpiece - and they're only there cos I bought them this week! Good idea to let the children dress the tree they'll love that won't they?xx

Last edited:
Definitely don't want to take it back, you still lost that weight in the first place which took hard work and willpower. Unfortunately, a loss often tempts us to treat ourselves with something naughty but it can make us go overboard and one things leads to another, as you have found, its really not a good idea! However, if it was going to happen, first day of next weighing week is probably the best time; now you can work at keeping on plan for the rest of it; maybe the damage you did today won't show by next weigh in?
So, yes its self inflicted and I'd be feeling the same but I'm still offering sympathy because we've all been there and if we haven't yet, no doubt we will be!

Giggling at minis-vision! We're currently watching Coldplay on tv, (red button or something) waiting to watch Gogglebox, which I love. I had 'cheats pizza' tonight as the others wanted the real deal and garlic bread! Was happy enough with that actually and then had my usual three squares of Dairy Milk so my tum is happy too :)

Hope tomorrow goes as well as these things can and your M-in-Law is well. Good luck with the checking lists etc, I seem to keep adding to ours! I suddenly realised I'd not bought redcurrant jelly, so I'd have been in trouble lol. I can't bear it myself, I'm not a fan of sweet things with savoury but the others do, so its now on the Sainsburys shopping list for next week. :)
Hope your water didn't go cold :D

Thx for that lovely post, mch appreciatedx

My tum feels yuck now and really hope I can lose any gain (which I'll never know how much cos I'm not weighing more than twice a week at most these days) and have a 1lb loss next week - maybe asking too much but I will try!

We love Googlebox but will catch up with it soon. Glad u had a good day today - makes us feel better too! I like the SW pizza too. I 'm with u on not liking sweet with savoury another similarity for the list.

Topped up the water - so it didn't go cold on me!xx

yes it's hard work to catch up if we miss a day! A lovely thread! Nice to have a new tree worth missing the swimming for! Living ur Xmas pics!xx

As Linda said - looking after young children is tiring plus ur driving a long way - I find looking after Poppy and Izzy tiring and they're 9 and 13!! Plus all the tidying up and taking them out etc! But we all enjoying looking after them don't we?

It is hard to be on plan when you're away from home and out of routine too - think it's worth trying to be on plan till Xmas for all of us - good luck to us all! xxx

I agree with you there. Definitely worth trying to keep on plan. If we can do it till Xmas then that will give us a good start for the new year.
That was a lovely reply from Cloudy.

By the way, don`t know if you have heard but they are making changes to SW. Something exciting apparently. Consultants told not to tell, but there are lots of rumours. We will see eh?

Have a good weekend everyone and especially a good food weekend. :17729: NO :rotflmao:

BE good :vibes: :angeldevil:

I agree with you there. Definitely worth trying to keep on plan. If we can do it till Xmas then that will give us a good start for the new year.
That was a lovely reply from Cloudy.

By the way, don`t know if you have heard but they are making changes to SW. Something exciting apparently. Consultants told not to tell, but there are lots of rumours. We will see eh?

Have a good weekend everyone and especially a good food weekend. :17729: NO :rotflmao:

BE good :vibes: :angeldevil:

yes someone on here posted a pic of the cover of a new brochure but don't think they knew any of the details - it will be interesting and might give us all a boost to try something different?! Love ur pics!xx

Back