NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

There have been some really nice strawberries at sainsburys lately but the ones we bought from Tesco were yukky, not nice flavour at all, I threw half away!
I had some in the freezer too and used them today to make an apple and strawberry crumble topped pie! The family loved it (my daughter actually said it was one of the nicest desserts she's ever had anywhere!) and somehow I resisted, apart from a teeny teaspoon just to check the flavouring. Gosh!

Sunday 14th Dec.

Brekkie: bacon x 3 eggs x 3 mushrooms & tomatoes. 2 bread h/e 1 bread (2.1/2 syns) coffee

Lunch: Big portion BNS soup, strawberries. coffee

Snack: corned beef (2 syns) pickle (1syn) sarni

Dinner. 2 Sainsbury burgers (2syns) . SW chips, cooked tomatoes mushrooms.
Frozen fruit & yogurt.

Maybe some strawberries later and coffee

7.1/2 syns

Another text book day - well done - you're putting urself in a great place for Friday's WI!

Hiya Acc. Afternoon all.

Have had my MRI scan this morning. It was ok but very noisy. (they did give me ear plugs.) Lasted about 15mins, but about halfway through I felt very tearful, then very silly, so I lay there with my eyes shut and thought of the grandchildren. Felt much better then. When I sat up felt very dizzy as they have you lying with your head dead flat. My appointment was 10.55 and I was out to my car by 11.33. Good I thought. Not NHS though, my consultant sent me to a private hospital - on a Sunday too.

No good if you are claustraphobic.(s) They do have 2 open scanners in the country though.

Am going to have a cup of coffee, have worked on my food plan for today so a few minutes relax time.

Oh BTW this may or may not make you laugh. I nearly cried at first. :tear_drop:
I had to take my bottom teeth out as they have a metal clip on them and would show on the scan.
I put them in the locker with my bag and when I opened the door to get something out the teeth fell on the floor :) and broke in two :eek: . PANIC -- over now I have some new ones at home that were not comfortable before, :mad: they feel pretty good now. :rolleyes:

:8855: :talk017: At least I can eat now :eatdrink012: :bliss::bliss:

Oh blimey Doreen - what Sunday u've had! Don't think I'd have coped with the scan v well but if ever I have to have one - hope I remember ur tip to think of the children (not yours - mine of course!)

also what a nuisance to break ur teeth too - how good u had a spare pair! I love to read ur antics! Xx

Oh blimey Doreen - what Sunday u've had! Don't think I'd have coped with the scan v well but if ever I have to have one - hope I remember ur tip to think of the children (not yours - mine of course!)

also what a nuisance to break ur teeth too - how good u had a spare pair! I love to read ur antics! Xx

I agree, I tried to quote Doreen on the app but it wouldn't let me so now I'm tagging on here... it sounds horrible being stuck flat on your back. I've never had one of those scans but I've had a radionuclide scan where you have to lay on something akin to an ironing board and keep still for a long time while the scanner moves very slowly down your entire body. The worst part being that to start with you have to have your head strapped down, it was horrid.
Your teeth breaking shouldn't be funny but I have to say, I did smile a little once I knew you weren't toothless now :)

I agree, I tried to quote Doreen on the app but it wouldn't let me so now I'm tagging on here... it sounds horrible being stuck flat on your back. I've never had one of those scans but I've had a radionuclide scan where you have to lay on something akin to an ironing board and keep still for a long time while the scanner moves very slowly down your entire body. The worst part being that to start with you have to have your head strapped down, it was horrid.
Your teeth breaking shouldn't be funny but I have to say, I did smile a little once I knew you weren't toothless now :)

Your scan reminds me of when I had a brain scan. They strapped my head down and my body then injected into my vein a dye to show up the blood vessels in my head. OMG that made me feel so sick I was heaving. They couldn`t unstrap my body so put a sick bowl to the side of my face and undid the head strap so they could lift my a little to the side. I wasn`t sick they but it made me feel really weird. The good thing was they found a brain. :p

Your right, breaking teeth shouldn`t be funny, the spare ones just have to altered a bit. They will do for now. :brushing teeth:

Been good for 3 days now. Weighed this morning no change. Will have to try tomorrow.
Keep off the scales - Doreen - the play games with our head - well mine anyway! In the days I was on them all the time, sometimes if I saw a loss I'd think oh in that case I can have an extra treat today and if I saw a gain I'd also think well - I've put on so I might as well have a treat! Is it only me that did daft things like that?

Good morning everybody. Your up and about early acc. Have a great day. :33::33::33::33:

Keep off the scales - Doreen - the play games with our head - well mine anyway! In the days I was on them all the time, sometimes if I saw a loss I'd think oh in that case I can have an extra treat today and if I saw a gain I'd also think well - I've put on so I might as well have a treat! Is it only me that did daft things like that?

You are right about that. I held the clothes in my arms this morning and I am the same weight as Friday. I know I have been good so I will take your advise and not get on them again until Friday before class.
Also no you are not the only one that does that at all. I also know that if I see no change I don`t eat breakfast which is silly really. I end up having breakfast for supper. :)

No more weighing then ........... except for the Baileys. :7834:

You are right about that. I held the clothes in my arms this morning and I am the same weight as Friday. I know I have been good so I will take your advise and not get on them again until Friday before class.
Also no you are not the only one that does that at all. I also know that if I see no change I don`t eat breakfast which is silly really. I end up having breakfast for supper. :)

No more weighing then ........... except for the Baileys. :7834:

yes keep up with the Baileys but the other thing is def a bad habit lol!!xx

Good morning everybody. Your up and about early acc. Have a great day. :33::33::33::33:

Morning Mo - lovely pics again!xx

Back