NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hello nanny Doreen, I hope you get some good news from your family at the hospital. Thinking of you.

Well like everyone - I've had a busy day but enjoyed it - we have 2 birthdays on Friday - my eldest and my friend who's holding Friday's party - so sorted their pressies and some more Xmas stuff now.

woke up to water leaking from the attic today too!

brunch - inspired by Jen's (willbeslimjen) success & her cooked b'fasts! Gammon, egg, mushrooms and it really did fill me up for hours!,
snack: at M&S - diet drink and banana - resisted cake etc inspired by Linda!
eve meal out: hubby wanted to eat out tonight - went to a restaurant that has fab food, beautifully presented with smallish portions but v likely to have lots of hidden calories! I had:

lamb and veg, dessert called 'choc & cherries' which turned out to be cherries, a tiny semi freddo, a choc thing topped with 2 small pieces of honeycomb - delicious! No idea of Syns!

I drove so just diet drink plus water. 1 coffee - part HEA milk

Hello nanny Doreen, I hope you get some good news from your family at the hospital. Thinking of you.

Thanks Mo and Linda. They were at the hospital for about 4 hrs. They say he does not have appendicitis , but they don`t know what it is. Maybe a virus they said. :confused: I heard Flynn on the phone today, you can tell he is in a lot of pain. He hurts for quite a while, then stops and starts again. They have been told to give him Calpol which up to 2 hrs ago was not making any difference. The hospital said to go back if they get worried.

Wait and see I guess. I am not silly with worry because it does nobody any good. However I am concerned.

Thursday 18th December.

a & b milk and bread

Breakfast. tin beans, 3 very small eggs & 3 toast (2.1/2 syns)

Lunch coffee and a small portion of boiled rice With yogurt.

Dinner beef & carrot etc casserole, putting curry powder in it and having boiled rice.

Frozen fruit & yogurt.

All yogurt (5 syns). All gone now.

A chocolate sweet attached to each scanner today. My was a small Bounty. AHH (2 syns) Not eaten it yet, will have with my coffee later.

9.1/2 syns at the moment. weigh in tomorrow. will weigh myself just before I go.

Last edited:
Hello. Sorry to hear you had a leak Upndown. Nanny Doreen you have done well with the food again. I hope either the pain eases or at least they work out the cause so they can deal with it. I like the Christmas pictures. I think they are cheerful. :xmastree::109::xmastree::109::xmastree::109::xmastree::109::xmastree::109::xmastree::109::Christmas02r::Christmas02r:

Oh no re poor little Flynn. No fun for him
Or his parents and yes, worrying from a distance is frustrating for you. I never know if it's worse when they rule out one thing but can't say what it is, as then you're just left wondering. Hope the pain soon subsides.
Well done on your food and saving your choc treat for later, something to look forward to.
Good luck for weigh in, I will be too. X

Btw, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I make that 9.5 syns :(

Oh no re poor little Flynn. No fun for him
Or his parents and yes, worrying from a distance is frustrating for you. I never know if it's worse when they rule out one thing but can't say what it is, as then you're just left wondering. Hope the pain soon subsides.
Well done on your food and saving your choc treat for later, something to look forward to.
Good luck for weigh in, I will be too. X

Btw, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I make that 9.5 syns :(

Yes I know. Have changed it :)
Good luck for your weigh in too. I am quietly confident as I have had a pretty good week.

Upndown I read your post but must have bypassed the leak. Hope all ok now.

Food sounds lovely.

A leaf from Mo`s book.

Was gonna put some xmas pics up but they won`t play.

:smiley1842::26::dancing_snowman:

That is better

Thanks Mo and Linda. They were at the hospital for about 4 hrs. They say he does not have appendicitis , but they don`t know what it is. Maybe a virus they said. :confused: I heard Flynn on the phone today, you can tell he is in a lot of pain. He hurts for quite a while, then stops and starts again. They have been told to give him Calpol which up to 2 hrs ago was not making any difference. The hospital said to go back if they get worried.

Wait and see I guess. I am not silly with worry because it does nobody any good. However I am concerned.

Poor little Flynn - it's horrible to have a child in pain xx

Upndown I read your post but must have bypassed the leak. Hope all ok now.

Food sounds lovely.

A leaf from Mo`s book.

Was gonna put some xmas pics up but they won`t play.

:smiley1842::26::dancing_snowman:

That is better

yes leak sorted thank goodness! I love the pics but the iPad doesn't let me do them!xx

Hello. Sorry to hear you had a leak Upndown. Nanny Doreen you have done well with the food again. I hope either the pain eases or at least they work out the cause so they can deal with it. I like the Christmas pictures. I think they are cheerful. :xmastree::109::xmastree::109::xmastree::109::xmastree::109::xmastree::109::xmastree::109::Christmas02r::Christmas02r:

thx Mo - love ur pics!!xx

Thursday 18th December.

a & b milk and bread

Breakfast. tin beans, 3 very small eggs & 3 toast (2.1/2 syns)

Lunch coffee and a small portion of boiled rice With yogurt.

Dinner beef & carrot etc casserole, putting curry powder in it and having boiled rice.

Frozen fruit & yogurt.

All yogurt (5 syns). All gone now.

A chocolate sweet attached to each scanner today. My was a small Bounty. AHH (2 syns) Not eaten it yet, will have with my coffee later.

9.1/2 syns at the moment. weigh in tomorrow. will weigh myself just before I go.

well done Doreen - really hope u have a loss 2moro xx

I'm late tonight - like u all - I cdn't get on earlier and been out most of the day - bit late now - not had the best food day today - been picking at bits! So blown any chance of a loss 2moro I reckon! Hope Linda and Doreen do better!x

Well done Cloudy that's brilliant!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Friday 19th December ... Lost 4.1/2lbs. Don`t know what happened, nothing in my book. That is what there scales say so lets see if we can do it again. Weighing Wed next week.

Food plan for today Bits & bobs @ club (say 5 syns)
Banana

Lunch:: 2 bacon 2 eggs, 2 bread coffee

Snack:: banana & fromage frais

Dinner 4 sainsbury sausages (4 syns)
boiled spuds, broccoli, onion gravy.
Probably frozen fruit & from frais or mullerlight.

Don`t know what I found inside to stick to plan, but I did. Will try and find again between now and Wed weigh in,

Back