NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Good Luck Todays Weighers!

How many of yous have taken body measurements? My friend who has been doing Slimmingworld does hers each week, She said some weeks when she stayed the same she would sometimes still have a loss on the tape measure which helped her motivation on them 'stagnant' weeks she calls them!

After a busy week, tonight I'm going to get on the scales see what I've lost with my pre-warm up of slimming world and take my measurements. eeek!!!!

I did do my measurements once upon a time and put it on the back of my SW book. Had 2 new books since then so don`t think I can find it. Will have a look or do it again. It is a good idea.

Went to do a small shop, forgot to get lemon for drinks. May pop into co-op later.

Well Done Linda on your maintain and Doreen on your loss! You're both doing brilliantly. X

Glad you joined the Friday weighers Linda. STS is always better than a gain so well done for that.

Tip toe - I lost 2lb and am pleased with that.

Enjoy your meal out today

That's great Doreen - you've had a good week ans u deserve that loss - just like I deserved that sts or even a gain!

Been out for lunch with hubby as he took the day off work - totally off plan but will be on the soup challenge from 2moro and all week - must stop the messing about!xx

Well Done Linda on your maintain and Doreen on your loss! You're both doing brilliantly. X
thx - Doreen deserves praise (and doesn't need to tiptoe in either!) but I haven't had a good week again - so determined to have a decent loss next week - if I do it'll be my first in a while! Hope u have a good week too! xx

Good Luck Todays Weighers!

How many of yous have taken body measurements? My friend who has been doing Slimmingworld does hers each week, She said some weeks when she stayed the same she would sometimes still have a loss on the tape measure which helped her motivation on them 'stagnant' weeks she calls them!

After a busy week, tonight I'm going to get on the scales see what I've lost with my pre-warm up of slimming world and take my measurements. eeek!!!!

Good luck with the scales and good luck when u go to SW!!

Yes that's a really good idea - will do that 2moro! But I was lucky to have an sts - I've messed about all week - eaten lunch out today but 2moro will be on it like a bonnet! soup shalkenge for me for next 6 days.

thx - Doreen deserves praise (and doesn't need to tiptoe in either!) but I haven't had a good week again - so determined to have a decent loss next week - if I do it'll be my first in a while! Hope u have a good week too! xx

I noticed u don't have your own diary? Will u be starting one? X

I noticed u don't have your own diary? Will u be starting one? X

No I don't have a diary - but Doreen kindly lets me post my food and other rubbish here!xx

Good luck with the scales and good luck when u go to SW!!

Yes that's a really good idea - will do that 2moro! But I was lucky to have an sts - I've messed about all week - eaten lunch out today but 2moro will be on it like a bonnet! soup shalkenge for me for next 6 days.

Awh thanks Lovey!
Soup challenge sounds good, I'm having a cook up with my mum tomorrow going to make soups and Jams!
Might give the soup challenge ago is that dinner and lunch? :)

I couldn't be doing a soup challenge but looking forward to hearing all about it! I'm not a soup fan, soup must be blended, soup with lumps is stew! Rant over lol x

Awh thanks Lovey!
Soup challenge sounds good, I'm having a cook up with my mum tomorrow going to make soups and Jams!
Might give the soup challenge ago is that dinner and lunch? :)

ooh a cook up - sounds good! hope u enjoy it - handy to have SW food in the freezer - very organised too!

Yes I think I will have soup for lunch and dinner - hopefully that will fill me up in this cold weather! Hubby and I plan to go on a walk in the nearby Snowdonia National Park 2moro - so that'll be a bit of exercise too!

I couldn't be doing a soup challenge but looking forward to hearing all about it! I'm not a soup fan, soup must be blended, soup with lumps is stew! Rant over lol x

love a tasty soup but each to our own and I'd prefer a bar of choc any day! Linda (Cloudy), & I - not sure about Doreen? have done Kay's soup challenges in the past - we've had good losses.

Not sure if I'm in the right frame of mind to do the advanced one but will be pleased if I stick to the easy peasy level (my descriptions not Kay's - can't remember the proper names!) xx

Is it someone famous who developed it or is Kay a member on here? X

Is it someone famous who developed it or is Kay a member on here? X

yes she is famous on Minis! she puts lots of effort into planning her challenges and if we stick to the rules they work well (as do most/all diets I suppose lol!)

That's great Doreen - you've had a good week ans u deserve that loss - just like I deserved that sts or even a gain!

Thanks Linda, I must say I was really pleased.

Been out for lunch with hubby as he took the day off work - totally off plan but will be on the soup challenge from 2moro and all week - must stop the messing about!xx

Has Kay set up the soup challenge yet. ?

I am putting my food on early in the hope that I don`t eat anymore than it says. I went over Friday before last and the Sat . I don`t want to do it again.

Friday 23rd January Lost 2lbs.

Hexa milk Hexb 2 bread

B: a SW scotch egg (3/4 syn) at class that a friend fetched in for me, a pear and 2 coffees.

Snack banana & grapes

L; banana sarnie,(heb) ham sarnie (5 syns) ham sarnie (5 syns)

D: Sausages x 3 (3 syns) Mshed spud, onion gravy. 10g bisto powder (1 syn) Frozen berries yogurt.

That was nearly a bad binge

Syns 14.3/4. may as well be 15 .

Doreen no more after dinner.

changes it. Dinner mashed spud 2 egg and tinned spaghetti. Could not be bothered to cook sausages. No speed food on dinner - no bovverd. May have a pear/peach later/
Will probably be in bed by 8.30

Syns now 11.

Last edited:
I am putting my food on early in the hope that I don`t eat anymore than it says. I went over Friday before last and the Sat . I don`t want to do it again.

Hexa milk Hexb 2 bread

B: a SW scotch egg (3/4 syn) at class that a friend fetched in for me, a pear and 2 coffees.

Snack banana & grapes

D: Sausages x 3 (3 syns) Mshed spud, onion gravy. 10g bisto powder (1 syn) Frozen berries yogurt.

Well done Doreen - hope u can stop there. You've done better than me again - I had a snack and a dessert in the pub at lunch plus 1 vodka and tonic (diet lol!) then choc and bought toffee cake for the girls but of course I had some too - so not a good day but I will be on plan 2moro for 6 days - getting a bit fed up of messing about now - I need to be in a bikini for my hols lol, lol, lol xx

I am putting my food on early in the hope that I don`t eat anymore than it says. I went over Friday before last and the Sat . I don`t want to do it again. Friday 23rd January Lost 2lbs. Hexa milk Hexb 2 bread B: a SW scotch egg (3/4 syn) at class that a friend fetched in for me, a pear and 2 coffees. Snack banana & grapes L; banana sarnie,(heb) ham sarnie (5 syns) ham sarnie (5 syns) D: Sausages x 3 (3 syns) Mshed spud, onion gravy. 10g bisto powder (1 syn) Frozen berries yogurt. That was nearly a bad binge Syns 14.3/4. may as well be 15 . Doreen no more after dinner.

A SW Scotch Egg sounds interesting! Fingers crossed U can stay strong tonight, binging is so so tempting when you have a tendency but we are all here for u x

Hexa milk Hexb 2 bread

Snack banana & grapes

Replying again Doreen cos my last post was all about me v selfish of me!

If u stop there Doreen ur within syns - which u shd be proud of on a WI day. Then u will have a great start to another week where u will get a good loss. And u can break ur record of 4 losses in a row!!

So as u say no more after dinner and I will do the same.

Let's go for it 2moro too - we are on a 4 week challenge after all! Wouldn't it be great if you got ur next half stone sticker very soon?!xx

Back