NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

It still seems ok. Don`t think the 1/2 waffle would be too much. Sounds lovely tho`.

You know it can be quite good being on your own because there are no people tempting you. But on the other hand nobody to keep an eye on you. Don`t really know what is best.

Thx Doreen, but wherever we are or whoever we're with (or not) willpower is the thing and I'm not using mine at the mo!xx

Mmmmm.... I wd find it diifficult to restrict fruit whilst dieting too - I know veg isn't the same but I can nibble on raw carrot sticks, cucumber, mange tout, peppers, cherry toms, bettroot, pickled onions - are they high in sugar too? Anyway - u seem to manage very well, if I may say that, and ur on a losing streak which as u say - will help bring the sugars down in itself - carry on, carrying on Doreen!xx

All those things would be good but I don`t really like them things to nibble on. I will endeavour to go easy on the fruit untilI can get more info. I don`t want to spoil what I am doing, as you so righly say, carry on carrying on. I like that. I will ask at class and see what others are doing.

All those things would be good but I don`t really like them things to nibble on. I will endeavour to go easy on the fruit untilI can get more info. I don`t want to spoil what I am doing, as you so righly say, carry on carrying on. I like that. I will ask at class and see what others are doing.

Yes ur on a losing streak so if I were you I wdn't want to change things too much either - don't mess about with a winning formula eh?xx

You are right Linda. I will carry on as I am for the time being.

Thursday next week until Sunday I am going to Haverhill to look after the children as Mum & Dad going to a funeral Friday overnight to Saturday. I may get weighed Thurs next week before I go rather than travel after taking the children to school Fri morning.
Will see what the scales say this weeek.

Hope you both have a fab day Linda and Doreen. X PS-My Poppy likes waffles too, there's a resaturant near me which does a Sunday Carvery, Poppy only wants to go back as they have a Waffle Station and you get to make your own and decorate them! X

They do love anything like that don`t they. Flynn likes to get his own Slush Puppy. Not often he has it all though.

They do love anything like that don`t they. Flynn likes to get his own Slush Puppy. Not often he has it all though.

Omg I love slush puppy! Not had one in ages!!!! X

Hope you both have a fab day Linda and Doreen. X PS-My Poppy likes waffles too, there's a resaturant near me which does a Sunday Carvery, Poppy only wants to go back as they have a Waffle Station and you get to make your own and decorate them! X

ooh could just eat that waffle now!! hope u have a good day too!xx

You are right Linda. I will carry on as I am for the time being.

Thursday next week until Sunday I am going to Haverhill to look after the children as Mum & Dad going to a funeral Friday overnight to Saturday. I may get weighed Thurs next week before I go rather than travel after taking the children to school Fri morning.
Will see what the scales say this weeek.

Nice for u to see the children but a sad reason to go. Sounds like a good idea to chane ur WI day to avoid the travel - but also know how a lot of us don't like getting weighed a day 'early' either! xx

ooh could just eat that waffle now!! hope u have a good day too!xx
U and me both! I might have to look into SW Waffles lol x

Low Sugar Fruits | New Health Guide
Has a great listing of fruits and sugar content.

xx

Had a phone call from Flnn last night. He had been sick on the way home yesterday home yesterday then he started to be sick whilst on the phone.
He has got another bug. Mum has put it on facebook. Will ring later.

My neighbour knocked a few minutes ago with some flowers in her hand. They were for me as I took a few parcels in for them last week. How lovely. The are little pink flowers and are now sitting in the window.

I am dying to get on the scales but too late for today now. Must resist tomorrow too.

Time for lunch. Ham and egg salad for me.

Sorry Doreen, I'm way behind on diaries and had missed this. How is Flynn now, have you heard?
That's a lovely thoughtful thing for your neighbour to do, its so nice to have fresh flowers. Hope they last a good long time :)
Resist those scales, in case they mess up your good run! x

Happy Monday Ladies!

Good to see you all had fab weekends!
I didn't do so well this weekend, Spent most of Sunday in bed, to drag myself up and over to my parents for a nice venison roast, To find them eating Chinese takeaway.... :( Not what I was after! I did polietly say no to chinese. Only to eat a bowl of cornflakes at 11pm last night followed by vivita fruit crackers, with banana and chocolate spread! Bad Times.

A little sweet idea I used to make before: if you put a small button size of yogurt on greaseproof paper, as many as you like, then slice fruit or use raisins etc and place in the yogurt then put in the freezer let the yogurt go hard, and done! They will melt quite quickly in a warm room but tasty little fat free snacks if using 0 syn yogurt. I'll see if I can dig the proper link out when Im home from work!

Oh how disappointing to find there wasn't a roast waiting for you when you were looking forward to it but well done for then turning down the Chinese. Shame about the snacking later but not really surprising, if you were hungry and nothing prepared. It doesn't take much to make it the easy option does it, sadly.
I like the idea of freezing the little blobs of yogurt. Only today I tried putting a mullerlight yogurt in the icecream maker attachment for my KitchenAid.... but a bit of a failure really. Most of it just froze round the sides lol. Wouldnt' bother doing it again. I really want to try some 'proper' icecream in it but I adore icecream and know it would just be too tempting, so will wait until we're going to have several people here to get it eaten up all in one day! So, might try your idea instead, thanks. :)

Sorry to hear about Flynn, Doreen - after such a good day out too! Hope he feels better soon. What a lovely neighbour you must have and she obviously appreciates what you do for her too. Lovely gesture. :)

Hoping Linda is feeling much better today, too. xx

Thanks Kathy... I was and am now 100% better, the only good thing being I lost quite a few lbs lol. Hoping some will stay off until my Friday weigh in, though of course some would go back once I started eating and drinking more again. Fingers crossed.

ps. having your spicy chorizo pasta tonight, will try and remember the photo BEFORE I start eating it this time hehe. x

Thx Doreen, but wherever we are or whoever we're with (or not) willpower is the thing and I'm not using mine at the mo!xx

Totally agree with this.... but sometimes it is just SO very hard to dredge up that willpower and it only takes minutes, if not seconds, to head to the 'naughty' biscuit tin or similar and then woof them down!

Tricky with your fruit tracking Doreen, I don't envy you having to restrict it. x

Don't slimming world produce a special booklet or advice for diabetics Doreen? I would have thought they should, so might be worth asking. x

Totally agree with this.... but sometimes it is just SO very hard to dredge up that willpower and it only takes minutes, if not seconds, to head to the 'naughty' biscuit tin or similar and then woof them down! Tricky with your fruit tracking Doreen, I don't envy you having to restrict it. x

A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips is so so true!!! X

Low Sugar Fruits | New Health Guide
Has a great listing of fruits and sugar content.

xx

That list is very interesting but does seem a little contradictory, don't you think? It lists raspberries and blackberries amongst the low sugar fruits, and pineapple and plums in the high category but then in the list at the bottom it shows Raspberries have 8.8g of sugar and plums 8..4, whereas pineapple has 8.4 (blackberries not listed there). So, why is pineapple not in the lower category?
It certainly tastes sweeter to me than say, raspberries. :rolleyes:

It sure is Serena and its all those yummy things that are so quick and easy to grab. :rolleyes:

I think every other shop in our high at is either a bakery, convenience store or takeaway! It's shocking x

Back