NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Tuesday 27th January

hexa milk. hexb 60g wm bread

breakfast: 2 eggs, tin spaghetti 2 toast coffee
lunch: ham & pineapple, banana coffee
dinner: corned beef (4 syns) mashed potato, tin baked beans with 2 xtra lite triangle cheeses in. (2 syns)
6 plums & fromage frais.

6 syns

2.48 am Wednesday morning, Couldn`t get back to sleep.
The last 2 slices of corned beef still in the fridge too.

I am going to have a small breakfast today. My portions are getting larger. I find I get hungry during the night when I eat more. It is ok to keep low on syns but not bigger on portions.
2 days food before weigh in.

Back to bed. 3.15. night

Hope u had a good night's when u went back to bed - nothing worse than tossing and turning! yes ur right about portion size - sometimes I conveniently 'forget' that SW says we're supposed eat until we're satisfied not till we're stuffed lol! your food lokks scrummy again!!xx

Tuesday 27th January

hexa milk. hexb 60g wm bread

breakfast: 2 eggs, tin spaghetti 2 toast coffee
lunch: ham & pineapple, banana coffee
dinner: corned beef (4 syns) mashed potato, tin baked beans with 2 xtra lite triangle cheeses in. (2 syns)
6 plums & fromage frais.

6 syns

2.48 am Wednesday morning, Couldn`t get back to sleep.
The last 2 slices of corned beef still in the fridge too.

I am going to have a small breakfast today. My portions are getting larger. I find I get hungry during the night when I eat more. It is ok to keep low on syns but not bigger on portions.
2 days food before weigh in.

Back to bed. 3.15. night

Good morning Doreen :)
Hope you managed to get back to sleep. Yesterday's dinner sounds amazing!! x

A nice low day. Hope you didn`t feel hungry at bedtime. I like a nice low day. Not too many in a row though eh?
I need a couple of those as I think I have over portioned this week.
Proud of you for the effort you putting it Linda.

Thanks Doreen - I want to get low days in to change things round - I've only lost 1.25lbs this month! Feel I need to put the effort in to get back on plan! And no I wasn't hungry at bedtime - slept thro so no midnight feast!xx

Sort of Cloudy but basically it is to let diabetics know to speak to Diabetic nurse/doctor. SW says that it cannot comment on medical conditions.

I have tried to cut down a bit but it is too hard. What I have decided to do it to get in touch with the Diabetic Association to find what they recommend. I am also keeping extra track of my sugars too.

That's a good idea to contact the Diabetic Association - they should be able to give you sound advice xx

Thanks Doreen - I want to get low days in to change things round - I've only lost 1.25lbs this month! Feel I need to put the effort in to get back on plan! And no I wasn't hungry at bedtime - slept thro so no midnight feast!xx

Great Linda. That is good when you don`t feel hungry, especially when we don`t pick anyway.
Good luck for today too.

I have not not been up very long and I am going to meet some friends from class for coffee shortl. Bad news is I have definitely been having big portions as my scales say up 2lbs. Gonna eat less in future. It has really opened my eyes because synwise I have done good. It is breakfast & dinner the problem areas so cutting down there from today.

No time for breakfast as normal anyway so am going to have fruit.

Catch you later.

Great Linda. I have not been up very long and I am going to meet some friends from class for coffee shortl. Bad news is I have definitely been having big portions as my scales say up 2lbs. Gonna eat less in future. It has really opened my eyes because synwise I have done good. It is breakfast & dinner the problem areas so cutting down there from today.

Catch you later.

blimey this weight loss thing isn't straightforward is it?

If it's not the syns, it's the amount, then there's going off plan altogether and you have the added issue of the fruit sugars - although I'm sure having too many fruit sugars can't be good for any of us.

I need to remember that when I have a whole box of grapes - just cos I convince myself it's better than a choc bar!

Enjoy catching up with ur friends xx

Great Linda. That is good when you don`t feel hungry, especially when we don`t pick anyway.
Good luck for today too.

I have not not been up very long and I am going to meet some friends from class for coffee shortl. Bad news is I have definitely been having big portions as my scales say up 2lbs. Gonna eat less in future. It has really opened my eyes because synwise I have done good. It is breakfast & dinner the problem areas so cutting down there from today.

Catch you later.

You can still eat big meals, you just have to add MORE veg and less of the other stuff, like pasta and potato. The only downside is that the veg are expensive but if you go for the 'weeks specials' that are in most supermarkets its not as bad.

blimey this weight loss thing isn't straightforward is it?

If it's not the syns, it's the amount, then there's going off plan altogether and you have the added issue of the fruit sugars - although I'm sure having too many fruit sugars can't be good for any of us.

I need to remember that when I have a whole box of grapes - just cos I convince myself it's better than a choc bar!

Enjoy catching up with ur friends xx

You're right Linda.... even though I'm not doing it, reading the EESP booklet made me more aware of the higher sugar/calorie content of the fruit, compared to veg. Luckily I really love veg, so its not a problem for me but I realise that not everyone is the same. x

You can still eat big meals, you just have to add MORE veg and less of the other stuff, like pasta and potato. The only downside is that the veg are expensive but if you go for the 'weeks specials' that are in most supermarkets its not as bad.

You're absolutely right Linda - and on good days I love nothing better than a big pile of colourful veg with a healthy meal - but on the down days I'd rather have a drab coloured meal of pie and lots of chips from the chippy followed by a big bar of choc!xx

You're absolutely right Linda - and on good days I love nothing better than a big pile of colourful veg with a healthy meal - but on the down days I'd rather have a drab coloured meal of pie and lots of chips from the chippy followed by a big bar of choc!xx

hehe, well so do I. Luckily we don't have a chippy or any shops near enough to here to get to on a whim!

Good day people,

I have a proper read back today and realised I missed some messages.
The linda's that is confusing Im not sure which one messaged me but thank you for your warm wishes!

Oh how disappointing to find there wasn't a roast waiting for you when you were looking forward to it but well done for then turning down the Chinese. Shame about the snacking later but not really surprising, if you were hungry and nothing prepared. It doesn't take much to make it the easy option does it, sadly.
I like the idea of freezing the little blobs of yogurt. Only today I tried putting a mullerlight yogurt in the icecream maker attachment for my KitchenAid.... but a bit of a failure really. Most of it just froze round the sides lol. Wouldnt' bother doing it again. I really want to try some 'proper' icecream in it but I adore icecream and know it would just be too tempting, so will wait until we're going to have several people here to get it eaten up all in one day! So, might try your idea instead, thanks. :)

I know tell me about it, My mum is a nightmare! Shes on a healthy eating phase herself, we spent all day Saturday making Jams and fresh healthy soups, Preparing the venison. To then blow it all on a Chinese... I know where I get my will power from!
This sunday I am going to have a cook up, If i have nothing ready and im tired or just plain bloody lazy I dont eat well. So prevention is going to be my ultimate tool! I went into Lidi this weekend to get jam and soup ingrediants, All the fruit and veg is on special prices over the weekend, Gent that worked there said its always that way. A bag of oranges was 75p Bargain, Going to make a trip down on Saturday to stock up my fruit bowl and make soups for my own house lol! Don't know if anyone else is aware but was really cheap.

I love Icecream, Tescos do a yogurt and sobert one, I like to think its healthier than Icecream but man, its like ben and jerrys straight from the tube and no sharing. Must be a way of making yogurt into ice cream... Im going to do some research. The yogurt drops are nice I like to cut apple into small cubes and mix up with yogurt then spread them out on the greaseproof paper, lovely chucks. Comes up like the bags you can buy yogurt covered raisins etc.

Doreen - Do you enjoy eating seeds? That kind of sounds bird like.... haha! Im just thinking of other things to snack on. Lidi also does a breakfast topper, full of sunflower seeds, flax seeds alsorts. Im not sure if they are syn free on SW but I chuck it on top of yogurt and chopped fruit sometimes for a quick snack. Just an Idea :) Hope Flynn is better now! :)

Have a fab day guys! xx

Afternoon.

I did managed to get back to sleep and woke at about 9.30.. Glad you slept through to Upndown.

The whole box of grapes is a problem with me too. I got them for 70p in the reduced section in Tesco. Silly really I could buy a few from the lose ones. Also by our cafe there is a guy who weighs me out a few too. Must do that in future.

Cloudy I think you are right about the superfree. I don`t really have enough. I have looked back on my food and have decided more superfree/speed is needed with my meals and less potato I had started to weigh approx 250g of spud, I will have to do that again. I used to do it on red days, may try red again & keep a check on sugars. When I went to the chemist yesterday they gave me a new blood glucose meter to go with the new type strips.

This week has been a real eye opener.

Linda`s I have a chippy, a chinese and an indian 4 mintues down the road. It is the chippy that calls me but have had none for a couple of months at least. It is tempting though. I do try to plan what I am going to have for the day first thing in the morning. I think I will prepare veg early while active and then it is there ready when I am.

Morning Acc, Ladies hope you all have a good day. Happy planning.

Lisa I do like seeds, they have to be synned in SW or B choice. My b is usually bread. I will look into it though Lisa. Thank you.

I like ice cream also but never buy it as I would eat it all.
I am going to try those yogurt drops, I have an apple so am going to give it a go .

Lisa I do like seeds, they have to be synned in SW or B choice. My b is usually bread. I will look into it though Lisa. Thank you.

I am going to try those yogurt drops, I have an apple so am going to give it a go .

Doreen, Im terrible. I keep forgetting to leave my name at the bottom of my post. Its Stacey hehe! :p

I hope you like the frozen yogurt n fruit, I used to make them with my nieces was in one of their cookbooks.Altho we would try it with alsorts of naughty things aswell as fruit. Let me know what you think! :)

Im gutted seeds have to be synned! I tend to pour a small portion on my cereal. I like to eat them, taste good and because some of them help against depression. Swings and roundabouts, I have a lot of learning and adjusting to do!
Stacey :) x

Good day people,

I have a proper read back today and realised I missed some messages.
The linda's that is confusing Im not sure which one messaged me but thank you for your warm wishes!

I know tell me about it, My mum is a nightmare! Shes on a healthy eating phase herself, we spent all day Saturday making Jams and fresh healthy soups, Preparing the venison. To then blow it all on a Chinese... I know where I get my will power from!
This sunday I am going to have a cook up, If i have nothing ready and im tired or just plain bloody lazy I dont eat well. So prevention is going to be my ultimate tool! I went into Lidi this weekend to get jam and soup ingrediants, All the fruit and veg is on special prices over the weekend, Gent that worked there said its always that way. A bag of oranges was 75p Bargain, Going to make a trip down on Saturday to stock up my fruit bowl and make soups for my own house lol! Don't know if anyone else is aware but was really cheap.

I love Icecream, Tescos do a yogurt and sobert one, I like to think its healthier than Icecream but man, its like ben and jerrys straight from the tube and no sharing. Must be a way of making yogurt into ice cream... Im going to do some research. The yogurt drops are nice I like to cut apple into small cubes and mix up with yogurt then spread them out on the greaseproof paper, lovely chucks. Comes up like the bags you can buy yogurt covered raisins etc.

Doreen - Do you enjoy eating seeds? That kind of sounds bird like.... haha! Im just thinking of other things to snack on. Lidi also does a breakfast topper, full of sunflower seeds, flax seeds alsorts. Im not sure if they are syn free on SW but I chuck it on top of yogurt and chopped fruit sometimes for a quick snack. Just an Idea :) Hope Flynn is better now! :)

Have a fab day guys! xx

I've made 'sort of ice cream' with fat free yogurt - it needs stirring pretty regularly or else it goes like a block of ice! sometimes I used to put some sweetened quark (a tiny bit of sweetener) in to make it sort of creamier - I'v heard that putting a treat size bag of crushed maltesers in - makes it a treat - but i'd be tempted to eat the rest!

My favourite was toffee flavour with chopped banana and 20 hazelnuts for heb - not sure if that heb changed at the New Year?

Lots of ideas there thx - and a good tip about Lidl's cheap veg/fruit on a Sat!xx

Last edited:

Yes wdn't it be great if seeds and nuts were free! Let us know how u get on with the yogurt! xx

I've made 'sort of ice cream' with fat free yogurt - it needs stirring pretty regularly or else it goes like a block of ice! sometimes I used to put some sweetened quark (a tiny bit of sweetener) in to make it sort of creamier - I'v heard that putting a treat size bag of crushed maltesers in - makes it a treat - but i'd be tempted to eat the rest!

My favourite was toffee flavour with chopped banana and 20 hazelnuts for heb - not sure if that heb changed at the New Year?

Lots of ideas there thx - and a good tip about Lidl's cheap veg/fruit on a Sat!xx

I like the sound of that! I'm really shocked with the seeds, who would have thought there is much fat or sugar in them. So many natural health remedies in them too!

I'm not sure if the cheap fruit and veg is on a sunday too, I have a Lidi a stone throw away from my house so will check up on it this weekend! :)

Doreen, Im terrible. I keep forgetting to leave my name at the bottom of my post. Its Stacey hehe! :p

I hope you like the frozen yogurt n fruit, I used to make them with my nieces was in one of their cookbooks.Altho we would try it with alsorts of naughty things aswell as fruit. Let me know what you think! :)

Im gutted seeds have to be synned! I tend to pour a small portion on my cereal. I like to eat them, taste good and because some of them help against depression. Swings and roundabouts, I have a lot of learning and adjusting to do!
Stacey :) x

I know it is stacey but have recently posted to somebody else who is lisa. 2 lvl tbs of sunflower seeds are a b. If you want to syn them 28g is 7.1/2 syns. They are all quite high. It depends really what you would use your b on.

You have got your name at the bottom of your page which I had not noticed before so you won`t have to keep typing it in.

Back