NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Here's the food plan for Monday Feb 2:

b: toast marmite, plums
l: salmon, salad
d: steak, veg, fruit salad
exercise 35 mins

Great food plan, hope wherever you are going can supply decent steak and fruit salad for you, though not on the same plate hehe. Busy day, you should do well. Have fun xx

EDITED: additional food in bold:

Food plan for Sunday 1 Feb (gosh where did January go to?) Food may change but hopefully no overeating!

b: toast, marmite and apple
d:chicken, green beans, cabbage, carrots, broccoli 2 tbsps gravy - syns?
l:hard boiled egg, rasher lean bacon, cherry toms, cucumber, celery
Syns - 5 Freddo

Looking good Linda. Nice food.

Here's the food plan for Monday Feb 2:

d: steak, veg, fruit salad
exercise 35 mins

and again too.

Enjoy ur day with ur parents - hope there's not too much temptation!

Yes ok at the mo - not sure how long it will last! But first sign of bingeing and I'll be back on full SW rations! Learning things about where I go wrong - for a start I was eating too much free food as well as hidden syns! keep reminding myself of SW basics - like I'm supposed to eat to satisfy my appetite not overeat! Anyway things ok for now (touch wood and all that!)

Off to MiL's in a bit. Speak later.

Doreen hope ur well and enjoying being with the children - hope it's not been to tough tonstsy on plan?xx

I have enjoyed being with the children. Not too bad on plan but not really enough
superfree or excercise.

We have similar thoughts don`t we about SW basics. Hope it syats with us for quite a while.

Done some washing and a bit of tidying this morning. Was going to have breakfast now but friend has rung to meet for coffee at 10.30 so gonna have a couple of plums just to put something in my tummy A bit of general housework when I get back then will have some soup.
Think I will walk down to meet girls to up the body magic a little.

Done some washing and a bit of tidying this morning. Was going to have breakfast now but friend has rung to meet for coffee at 10.30 so gonna have a couple of plums just to put something in my tummy A bit of general housework when I get back then will have some soup.

done exactly same as you xx just finished my housewprk and now gonna sit down with a coffee :)

Great food plan, hope wherever you are going can supply decent steak and fruit salad for you, though not on the same plate hehe. Busy day, you should do well. Have fun xx

Ha Ha - yes hoping food will be decent tonight - I'm going to Mold (nr Chester) to a pub whiich is part of a small chain of about 6 pubs in North Wales and on the English side of the border and we like them and they're very accommodating with SW! I'm meeting a friend who I met at college many moons ago!xx

Looking good Linda. Nice food.

and again too.

thx - trying to have tasyy stuff to keep me on plan!

I have enjoyed being with the children. Not too bad on plan but not really enough
superfree or excercise.

We have similar thoughts don`t we about SW basics. Hope it syats with us for quite a while.

would have there was some body magic whilst playing woth the children? And ur on a walk today. Perhaps u cd pack n the superfree esp the veg cos it's lesssugar/calories b4 WI?

Yes we are on the same track with SW - another thing I've discovered - I bought the usual amount of fruit this week (I shop on Weds as a rule) and there's tons left - so I don't think I'll need to buy any this week! That'll be cos I've had limited portions - so will save money! But what a piggy that upndown is!

As u say let's hope we can keep it up - I'm no hungry between meals but ready for them when it's grub time! Also find I'm drinking more. But I like big portions and having snacks so have to decide what I want most - to lose weight or eat freely!

Enjoy coffee with ur friends.

done exactly same as you xx just finished my housewprk and now gonna sit down with a coffee :)
Body magic done then!?

Ha Ha - yes hoping food will be decent tonight - I'm going to Mold (nr Chester) to a pub whiich is part of a small chain of about 6 pubs in North Wales and on the English side of the border and we like them and they're very accommodating with SW! I'm meeting a friend who I met at college many moons ago!xx

thx - trying to have tasyy stuff to keep me on plan!

would have there was some body magic whilst playing woth the children? And ur on a walk today. Perhaps u cd pack n the superfree esp the veg cos it's lesssugar/calories b4 WI?

Yes we are on the same track with SW - another thing I've discovered - I bought the usual amount of fruit this week (I shop on Weds as a rule) and there's tons left - so I don't think I'll need to buy any this week! That'll be cos I've had limited portions - so will save money! But what a piggy that upndown is!

As u say let's hope we can keep it up - I'm no hungry between meals but ready for them when it's grub time! Also find I'm drinking more. But I like big portions and having snacks so have to decide what I want most - to lose weight or eat freely!

Enjoy coffee with ur friends.

Body magic done then!?

Aye my body magic is done lol

Enjoy your visit to the pub this evening. I do like pub food. I did not do too much body magic Sat because Flynn spent a lot of time sitting down playing games and using computer games. Sunday I was watching Faye and others dancing in the competition.

I have bought less fruit and more veg. Making more soup today as we speak as that keeps me going for lunch. From our young guy by the cafe today I got 50p worth of grapes. He laughed when I said I would eat a punnet in one go.
I did get some raspberries reduced to 50p in co-op so have put one lot in a jelly and keeping the other till tomorrow.

Having a bit of a low day today. Not eaten much, just soup and a couple of pears but will have a `proper` dinner this evening.

Will get more body magic tomorrow as car going in to have brakes done so will do a bit of sorting indoors like sorting the stuff I put away when Andy was here in the summer. I reckon if I have not needed these things since July maybe I can throw some away.

Off out again now. Too far to walk tho`.

Hmm, sneaks in with a wee confession, sorry to let the team down. I've been dead lazy today and home on my own.... never a good thing really, although I enjoy the time, it can often lead me to over indulge.
Didn't fancy my soup at lunchtime.... went to the cupboard to get ryvita out and a packet of crisps, full fat and a big bag, jumped into my mouth. Not content at that, it was followed by a sandwich, WITH butter.... why? I've not eaten butter for months! Oh and shamefaced, I now have to add that I have since eaten a chunky kitkat.
Why, why, why? So stupid.... I had a good loss on Friday and was feeling happy with that, as I'd not lost a significant amount for ages. Went to Mums yesterday and resisted the cake and then have totally and utterly blown it today. Have a stuffed stomach and it is actually quite painful, its not used to that amount of food in one go these days.
Serves me right.... I'm not looking for any sympathy. :( Really cross with myself but can't turn the clock back. GRRRRR at myself :mad:

First of all Linda you have NOT let the team down. You have done exactly what we have all done. The say confession is good for the soul, but not for the eating plan.

I can feel in your words exactly how you are feeling. I know how you feel but you can`t change it now.
Too many syns I would guess to counteract but what about doing a lowish day or two to help pull some of it back. I don`t mean starve yourself because unless you feel in that frame of mind it would not help you at all. In fact it could make it worse. Only you can decide.You can draw a line under it and start again.

Oh Cloudy don`t beat yourself up it is so frustrating. I say again I can feel the vibes coming off the page. Each day I am so scared I will have a day like that. We can only do one day at a time eh?

Lots of love & hugs sent to you. xxxxx
:bighug::grouphugg: I am sure your twinny will join in a group hug.

Monday 2nd February.

hexa milk. 2 bread
B: 1 pear coffee
L: large portion bns/carrot soup. banana
S: banana coffee
D: 3 sausages (3 syns) 250g spud. carrots broccoli and processed
peas.
Jelly/raspberries/yogurt (1.1/2)

1 slice corned beef (1syn)

5.1/2 syns

Last edited:
Well said, Doreen! Don't be too hard on yourself, Linda. It's so easy to give in to temptation, when it's staring us in the face. I've often done that and I've no idea why - have a really good loss and then blow it! Rather than encouraging me to keep it up, it somehow has the opposite effect. Weird! If it makes you feel any better, I've practically written off Thursday, last week, through to today!! With having Amy home, we've eaten out and I've bought things in I wouldn't normally buy. I can really tell I've put weight on so, because I don't go to class and just do it on-line, I'm not even going to weigh myself this week because I know it will make me feel low and will probably put me off the whole plan again. She's gone back up to Aberdeen today (well, she's actually stuck at Manchester airport as we 'speak' because her plane is delayed) so, as from tomorrow, I'm going to be good again.

As Doreen said, there's nothing we can do about it so we may as well just start anew tomorrow. :) xx

You are only human at end of day and these things happen xx i was totally craving chocolate yesterday and ended up having some cadburys eclairs :) At end of day u have confessed on here which will have made you feel better, it sure does me when i slip up xx Now all you got to do is try and stay on it till weigh in and hopefully u may be ok xx

What lovely comments, thank you so much, I've been feeling very fed up with myself this afternoon but I know you're right. My stomach feels horribly bloated and full of gas, unsurprisingly, I can't wait till that feeling goes off but its my 'punishment' for overindulging and a reminder of why its not a good idea :rolleyes:
It is just annoying why these things happen.... we all know its not a good thing, so why oh why do we do it? Its like something just takes over our brains for a while and we just can't stop! :sigh:

I've confessed to hubby and daughter too and asked that they take the rest of the crisps and kitkats out of the house tomorrow, hubby can keep them at work. If they hadn't been there, I wouldn't have started (or would I just have found something else? hmm)

Anyway, thanks again for the lovely comforting words... almost as good as a hug, which I could have done with this afternoon from someone that understands.
You're all great friends xx

Monday 2nd February.

hexa milk. 2 bread
B: 1 pear coffee
L: large portion bns/carrot soup. banana
S: banana coffee
D: 3 sausages (3 syns) 250g spud. carrots broccoli and processed
peas.
Jelly/raspberries/yogurt (1.1/2)

1 slice corned beef (1syn)

5.1/2 syns

A good example of proper on plan eating :) Well done Doreen, that's the way to do it!

What lovely comments, thank you so much, I've been feeling very fed up with myself this afternoon but I know you're right. My stomach feels horribly bloated and full of gas, unsurprisingly, I can't wait till that feeling goes off but its my 'punishment' for overindulging and a reminder of why its not a good idea :rolleyes:
It is just annoying why these things happen.... we all know its not a good thing, so why oh why do we do it? Its like something just takes over our brains for a while and we just can't stop! :sigh:

I've confessed to hubby and daughter too and asked that they take the rest of the crisps and kitkats out of the house tomorrow, hubby can keep them at work. If they hadn't been there, I wouldn't have started (or would I just have found something else? hmm)

Anyway, thanks again for the lovely comforting words... almost as good as a hug, which I could have done with this afternoon from someone that understands.
You're all great friends xx

Its what we are here for xx
I have had many incidents where I have demolished the entire contents of cupboard & while eating thought this is wrong yet still eaten it. I know with me its been sabotage mode, that once I start I think I may as well do it properly so to speak lol xx I must admit I am trying to train myself to not go fully off the wagon and if I do mess up then try to get back on at next meal. Damage limitation :D

Hmm, sneaks in with a wee confession, sorry to let the team down. I've been dead lazy today and home on my own.... never a good thing really, although I enjoy the time, it can often lead me to over indulge.
Didn't fancy my soup at lunchtime.... went to the cupboard to get ryvita out and a packet of crisps, full fat and a big bag, jumped into my mouth. Not content at that, it was followed by a sandwich, WITH butter.... why? I've not eaten butter for months! Oh and shamefaced, I now have to add that I have since eaten a chunky kitkat.
Why, why, why? So stupid.... I had a good loss on Friday and was feeling happy with that, as I'd not lost a significant amount for ages. Went to Mums yesterday and resisted the cake and then have totally and utterly blown it today. Have a stuffed stomach and it is actually quite painful, its not used to that amount of food in one go these days.
Serves me right.... I'm not looking for any sympathy. :( Really cross with myself but can't turn the clock back. GRRRRR at myself :mad:

First off no need to confess here - altho we love to here how our friends days have been good or not so - we're in all in the same boat but we seem to sink and float at different times!

Secondly - NO WAY have u let us down nor need to be shamefaced and ur far from stupid Mrs!!! If we all had 100% days we'd never have met cos there'd be no need for Minis!

Yes u did really well yest - so that's less damage to the week - well done!

See from ur post u've done the best thing - drawn the line (wonder if it's getting a bit worn now, as so many of us have used it recently!?)

A sad day 2moro for u - just do what u can food wise - hugsxxxxxxxxx

Eveni g Girls x hope you're both well x

Thx Ann I'm fine and pretty sure Doreen is too! Hope u are too!xx

Updated food for Monday Feb 2: changes from original plan in bold

d: steak served with butter and I didn't attempt to scrape it off!, veg, fruit salad
2 coffees served with 1" square of flapjack (ate it of course!) ​diet coke, fruit tea, water
exercise dvd - 35 mins

Back