NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Have a brilliant time in London, Linda!

Hope you enjoyed Miss Saigon, Doreen and hope your eyes are feeling much better. xx

Monday 9th February

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 bacon, 2 eggs and tomato. 2 toast
D: chicken chasseur, pepper, mushroom & onion. Lots rice 2syns 1/3rd packet mix.
yogurt
After show. 3 slices bread 13.1/2 syns and ham & tom. It was a big loaf bought by mistake.
Total 15.1/2 syns

Put the rest of the bread under the tap it was so nice. I would of carried on eating it. It was one of those half loaves and I thought it was a small loaf.

Nanny D have u ever seen it b4? Take ur tissues its such a lovely tear jerker. I love it. Have fun. X

I took tissues and needed them bubble.

/whispers so as not to wake Doreen if she's managed to nod off. Have a lovely time tonight and yes, take tissues :) x

I did get a 2hr nap. Was sorely needed. I loved the show, so moving and so dramatic.

Hope you enjoyed Miss Saigon, Doreen and hope your eyes are feeling much better. xx

Eyes were stinging a bit, well it is one eye that is really giving a problem. However it is so much better this morning. Was going to ring the doctor but as it is not so bad I will pop in and see my pharmacist.

Miss Saigon best show I have seen.

Good to catch up with everyone's news! Well we had a good weekend - the girls ended up at the rugby (the boys went to the pub whilst we had a short pop to the shops!)

Train journey home was split half way by a coach ride cos of maintenance works on the line -!which elongated the journey by half - so 2 hours turned into 3!

Food wise was ok - def not on plan - I made some good choices but also had some treats!

Realised it's not a good idea to go to SW 2moro as we're away next week (going to London) all this gadding about is not good for the diet but good for us esp hubby has he's not had much time off since our summer hol.

So will go to SW a week 2moro xx

Sound like you had a good time Linda. 3 hours is a long time on a train journey.
Girls at the rugby. Hope they enjoyed it and the shopping after. I know the men would enjoy the oub.
Good you made some good choices with your food.
I think you are right about giving a SW a miss as you are off to London. Would put a lot of pressure on you.
Enjoy your trip to London.

Here's my food for the day:

b: toast part heb, egg, pear
l: bread other part heb, 1 rasher lean bacon, ketchup 1 syn? apple
d: beef, broccoli, cauli, carrots, celery, 1 tbsp gravy ? syns

Treat: Freddo crinkles - 5 syns (half syn less than the milk choc one and lovely cos the sprinkles added some texture and made it last a bit longer!xx
Syns = 6 plus the gravy

That Freddo sound lovely. Thbe rest of your food is looking good too Linda.

Last edited:
Well as I'm typing this Poppy and I are on the sofa - still in pyjamas - we got up late - both aching with sore throats so no school for her. We've not long had b'fast - not sure how food will go today - so will add it as 'I go along.

b: egg, bread heb, apple, fruit tea

Sound like you had a good time Linda. 3 hours is a long time on a train journey.
Girls at the rugby. Hope they enjoyed it and the shopping after. I know the men would enjoy the oub.
Good you made some good choices with your food.
I think you are right about giving a SW a miss as you are off to London. Would put a lot of pressure on you.
Enjoy your trip to London.

That Freddo sound lovely. Thbe rest of your food is looking good too Linda.

Yes thx - we all had a good time. Freddos are my lifesavers when I need something sweet and good value in syns!

We will thx - but hope I don't blow out on food! We don't usually go away so often but I gave hubby the London tickets at Christmas.

Monday 9th February

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 bacon, 2 eggs and tomato. 2 toast
D: chicken chasseur, pepper, mushroom & onion. Lots rice 2syns 1/3rd packet mix.
yogurt
After show. 3 slices bread 13.1/2 syns and ham & tom. It was a big loaf bought by mistake.
Total 15.1/2 syns

Put the rest of the bread under the tap it was so nice. I would of carried on eating it. It was one of those half loaves and I thought it was a small loaf.

an excellent day I say Doreen - u did sooooo well to put that bread under the tap - just the kind of thing I wd do - it made me smile!! And we're allowed to have 15 syns aren't we - so u just stopped in time - well done!

I took tissues and needed them bubble.

I did get a 2hr nap. Was sorely needed. I loved the show, so moving and so dramatic.

Eyes were stinging a bit, well it is one eye that is really giving a problem. However it is so much better this morning. Was going to ring the doctor but as it is not so bad I will pop in and see my pharmacist.

Miss Saigon best show I have seen.

Glad u enjoyed the show - a tear jerker does us good at times and good productions take us out if ourselves don't they! I always think they do us good! Glad ur eyes are a little better - hope the pharmacist can give u something to soothe them.

Last edited:
Tuesday 10th February

hexa milk. hexb nothing

B: none.
L: BNS/carrot soup.
Snack at cafe with my T. 2 bananas

D: 1 chicken thigh 2 sausages, (2 syns)served with roasted corgette, mushrooms, tomatoes bns chips, peppers and red onion all roasted.
1 small potato sliced for chips.

Hoping to have nothing else, if I do it will be pineapple. I had the pineapple on top of the roasted veg. I do love sweet & sour.

TOTAL 2 SYNS

Last edited:
Hi all. Quick post from me as I'm at Mums. Had my hospital day today, got injected with radioactive liquid, then the scan. I've had one before, this was to see if my joint damage has increased but won't get the results for two weeks.
Made me feel a bit yuk for a while afterwards, but Mum has been spoiling me with cups of tea, homemade soup and a naughty piece of bakewell slice. Very synful but I reckon I deserved it

Paul is picking me up after work so nothing else to worry about today. X

A great day Doreen xx

Don't think it's lazy to cook Sunday dinner and a soup BFL!!xx

Yea looking at it that way i suppose its not lazy lol xx

Hi all. Quick post from me as I'm at Mums. Had my hospital day today, got injected with radioactive liquid, then the scan. I've had one before, this was to see if my joint damage has increased but won't get the results for two weeks.
Made me feel a bit yuk for a while afterwards, but Mum has been spoiling me with cups of tea, homemade soup and a naughty piece of bakewell slice. Very synful but I reckon I deserved it

Hope its good news xx

Ooh, Cloudy Linda! That sound horrible! Glad you've been waited on and you definitely deserved the Bakewell Slice! Hope you feel 100% well again now. xx

Definitely agree with Doreen, UpnDown Linda. Forget SW during your London trip! You don't want anything to impinge on having a fun, DELICIOUS time and, even if you put a pound or two on, you know how to get rid of it again so......go for it and enjoy! :) xx

Made me feel a bit yuk for a while afterwards, but Mum has been spoiling me with cups of tea, homemade soup and a naughty piece of bakewell slice. Very synful but I reckon I deserved it 

Yes cloudy you definitely deserved the bakewell slice. (I love bakewell)
Hope you get the results you want.

Definitely agree with Doreen, UpnDown Linda. Forget SW during your London trip! You don't want anything to impinge on having a fun, DELICIOUS time and, even if you put a pound or two on, you know how to get rid of it again so......go for it and enjoy! :) xx

Thx - I'd like to think to I'll enjoy myself foodwise without going too mad! xx

Tuesday 10th February

hexa milk. hexb nothing

B: none.
L: BNS/carrot soup.
Snack at cafe with my T. 2 bananas

D: 1 chicken thigh 2 sausages, (2 syns)served with roasted corgette, mushrooms, tomatoes bns chips, peppers and red onion all roasted.
1 small potato sliced for chips.

Hoping to have nothing else, if I do it will be pineapple. I had the pineapple on top of the roasted veg. I do love sweet & sour.

TOTAL 2 SYNS

A great day - and very low on syns with lots of speed and protein - well done xx

Well not a bad day in the end - hungry tho' - at one point really felt as if a binge was coming on! As u'll see a lot of meat but feel full now!

b: egg, bread heb, apple
l:leftover beef with salad, mango
snack: mullerlight and defrosted cherries
d: lamb shoulder (lean only!) mint sauce, sweetcorn, cauli, petit pois, tbsp gravy (? syns), mullerlight
Fruit teas, 1 coffee

I'll good night now - feeling tired! See u all 2moro xx

Back