NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Oh well done Twinny, was hoping you might scrape a small loss. I'm just having a cuppa in Costa but emphasised to Lucy just tea with skimmed milk. She's not having cake either, to keep me company 

Glad you were feeling ok to go out today - and not have a cake too. Excellent. Don`t overdo it thiough Linda.

Have a good weekend.

I was thinking of going to the cinema to see 50 Shades of Grey. Could not even read the first book though. I felt there was no substance to it, I only read just over a chapter I think. Thought it would use up some time. Only £4.50 to get in and £3 for the car park. I suppose I can always leave if I don`t like it. Not much else on.

Have a good weekend Linda.

A busy day today - been trying to sort things bits and bobs b4 we go go away!

Including booking someone to feed the cat - an elderly lady and her daughter live locally and are animal lovers and will feed your pet whilst you're away - when I rang today - the daughter answered and I thought she asked me how I was - so said I'm fine but she said I wasn't asking about you I was asking about the cat!! They really are batty about cats - they have 11!!! Our neighbours would do it but some are elderly, others work long hours etc so we prefer to use the cat ladies - as they're known round here - they don't charge much - think it's a labour of love!!

Eaten more than u Doreen but still on plan - unless someone spots a mistake!

b: bacon, heb bread, ketchup 1 syn, orange
l: carrot and celery soup, banana
d: SW chicken curry and rice, defrosted berries and strawb mullerlight
fruit teas, NAS squash
Syns - 10.5's worth of lovely choc!! plus the ketchup = 11.5

Your broken sentence to shout at the dog made me laugh Doreen!

Yes I must be careful with the lasagne - when I used to do the full fat version Mmmmm...... Ooooh the memory is bliss - I only put the cheese sauce on the top so could use the Heinz version and I must remember to use extra cheese - I like to mix low fat cheese with a little parmesan to improve the flavour and Lidl have both cheeses that are tasty in flavour and price! I wonder if a little mustard would add flavour too?

We go to London on Monday and come back on Thursday - really looking forward to it but I am a little bothered about what I'll end up eating - so many times I've had such good intentions but ended up overdoing it on syns and know that hubby will be eating goodies!! I'll try my best to keep things lowish before I go - but had too many syns today !!

But hoping going back to SW will make me be more careful and speed up my losses!

Poppy was brighter this afternoon and is delighted that it's half term! Flipping heck - this is turning into a real ramble - so will finish! xxx

Glad you were feeling ok to go out today - and not have a cake too. Excellent. Don`t overdo it thiough Linda.

Have a good weekend.

I was thinking of going to the cinema to see 50 Shades of Grey. Could not even read the first book though. I felt there was no substance to it, I only read just over a chapter I think. Thought it would use up some time. Only £4.50 to get in and £3 for the car park. I suppose I can always leave if I don`t like it. Not much else on.

Have a good weekend Linda.

Oooh Doreen - wonder if you went to the cinema? A saucy film eh?! xx

Ta, I am late tonight, have just eaten and didn`t want to put it on until I was sure that was it. Just forgot to put a pear on all else counted,

Carla - lasagne lady - didn`t know what size dish she used :rolleyes: but definitely used 500g mince and one pot of macaroni cheese, with cheese on top, which she cut into 6 portions. So I am sorry but you will have to decide how many tins to use. Just don`t use Heinz as 2 is 12 syns.

Oh and your food looks ok too. What soup did you make?

I made a carrot, coriander (I used ground and dried coriander) and celery soup - usually just carrot and coriander but wanted to use up wilting celery! I'll post the recipe if you don't have one - it's easy, cheap. filling and tasty - like most soups I suppose!

I've posted about the lasagne elsewhere so won't repeat here.

Been thinking I'd like/should cook more vegetarian recipes than I have been - I have picked out some from Kathy & Doreen's lovely thread.

Anyone got any favourites they'd like to share? Some recipes I've tried in the past have been too bland for me and would like to know they're tasty or else I might be disappointed and that might lead to a binge afterwards! Mine are:

Kworn chilli (know that's spelt wrong but the 'Kew' key seems to be broken on my laptop lol!)
Kworn sausage casserole - red onion ones are really nice
Kworn spag bol
Cheese, onion and potato pie
The ultimate makeover: Potato dauphinoise | BBC Good Food I like this with lots of veg! It's a lowish fat version but by using low fat versions of more of the ingredients - it can be even lower in fat.
Cheese, broccoli and pasta bake

Last edited:
A busy day today - been trying to sort things bits and bobs b4 we go go away!

Including booking someone to feed the cat - an elderly lady and her daughter live locally and are animal lovers and will feed your pet whilst you're away - when I rang today - the daughter answered and I thought she asked me how I was - so said I'm fine but she said I wasn't asking about you I was asking about the cat!! They really are batty about cats - they have 11!!! Our neighbours would do it but some are elderly, others work long hours etc so we prefer to use the cat ladies - as they're known round here - they don't charge much - think it's a labour of love!!

Eaten more than u Doreen but still on plan - unless someone spots a mistake!

b: bacon, heb bread, ketchup 1 syn, orange
l: carrot and celery soup, banana
d: SW chicken curry and rice, defrosted berries and strawb mullerlight
fruit teas, NAS squash
Syns - 10.5's worth of lovely choc!! plus the ketchup = 11.5

I can`t see any mistakes good day. I have to add a biscuit to mins, 3 syns? I have hidden them now with the other stuff and went out to buy some fruit & veg on the market in the town.

Cat ladies are usually very sweet, but 11 cats, could not imagine that. So kind of them to see to yours for you. Fancy thinking they were asking after you :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oooh Doreen - wonder if you went to the cinema? A saucy film eh?! xx

You little devil, you, Doreen!! :D xx

It seems that the world and its mother were going at the weekend. I am going to book it on line for Monday Tuesday. It is supposed to be very saucy. My niece went yesterday, I must asked her what she thought. She loved the books.

Floyd is a lovely dog - a Hungarian Vizla - wrong spelling I think. He is still a puppy really but so strong. He makes me ache when we go out. He loves to chase the cat, loves to chew anything that comes through the door (Nik is thinking of getting an outside post box.) He has chewed up birthday cheques too.l

Low fat cheese and parmesan sounds good for the Lasagne. I was thinking about using the Heinz one next time and only put on top too. I would like the recipe for the soup please. I used to make carrot & coriander doupt, cook onion with coriander, chop and add carrots & stock. Cannot remember how much of each tho.

Have a great time in London. Are you going to be doing any in particular? Or have you already told us that.

I am pleased that Poppy is feeling better.

I don`t do much vegetarian but have done this one.

Cook some pasta, not bows too big - macoroni pasta is good for it.
Broccoli, cauli? corgette, pepper mushroom. Some sort of flavouring powder - mine is at home and cannot remember. Some use curry powder, I kinda or stir fry it, not boil it as too soft.

When veg cooked mix with the cooked pasta, put in a container then put the eggs over the top sort of pushing veg into egg.
Cheese on top, I don`t always, but it is really better with cheese sprinkled on top.
Bake in oven about no 6 gas. 1/2 an hour or so. Not done it for a long time, sorry to be vague.

Last edited:
Looks like you've cracked it now Doreen after your trip to the market. My fridge is stuffed with fruit, veg, salad etc, all good stuff and already got some meals planned.

Still no sign of Serena... that's not good, really hoping she is ok :(

Looks like you've cracked it now Doreen after your trip to the market. My fridge is stuffed with fruit, veg, salad etc, all good stuff and already got some meals planned.

Yea, it`s been a while now. :confused:

Saturday 14th February

hexa milk. hexb 1 bread

B: none
L: 1 toast 1 egg w bacon 1 tomato, coffee
S: banana, few grapes coffee plum
D: pasta, bolognese with lots speed. 25g cheese (5syns)

Found a small yogurt in the fridge, it was (2 syns) and very tiny.
banana & grapes

Total 7 syns
Couple of hrs TV then off to bed. Hoping the dog doesn`t wake me again in the early hrs licking my face so he could go out.

Last edited:
It seems that the world and its mother were going at the weekend. I am going to book it on line for Monday Tuesday. It is supposed to be very saucy. My niece went yesterday, I must asked her what she thought. She loved the books.

Oooh Doreen - my DiL went with the rest of the world last night! She said it was very good but she'd expected it to cover the 3 books but turned out to be only one - she's looking fwd to the next 2! I suppose the film makers can make more money that way!?xx

Saturday 15th February

hexa milk. hexb 1 bread

B: none
L: 1 toast 1 egg w bacon 1 tomato, coffee
S: banana, few grapes coffee plum
D: pasta, bolognese with lots speed. 25g cheese (5syns)

Found a small yogurt in the fridge, it was (2 syns) and very tiny.
banana & grapes

Total 7 syns
Couple of hrs TV then off to bed. Hoping the dog doesn`t wake me again in the early hrs licking my face so he could go out.

Another great day Doreen! I remembered in bed last night that when Poppy made some cakes yesterday that I 'pinched' a fair bit of buttercream - so not as good a day as I thought! Isn't strange how I get food amnesia?!

Yes hope she's ok - her 'disappearance' coincided with her new job so let's hope it's that - if it's half term at her school maybe she'll post soon- let's hope soxx

Floyd is a lovely dog - a Hungarian Vizla - wrong spelling I think. He is still a puppy really but so strong. He makes me ache when we go out. He loves to chase the cat, loves to chew anything that comes through the door (Nik is thinking of getting an outside post box.) He has chewed up birthday cheques too.l

Low fat cheese and parmesan sounds good for the Lasagne. I was thinking about using the Heinz one next time and only put on top too. I would like the recipe for the soup please. I used to make carrot & coriander doupt, cook onion with coriander, chop and add carrots & stock. Cannot remember how much of each tho.

Have a great time in London. Are you going to be doing any in particular? Or have you already told us that.

Broccoli, cauli? corgette, pepper mushroom. Some sort of flavouring powder - mine is at home and cannot remember. Some use curry powder, I kinda or stir fry it, not boil it as too soft.

When veg cooked mix with the cooked pasta, put in a container then put the eggs over the top sort of pushing veg into egg.
Cheese on top, I don`t always, but it is really better with cheese sprinkled on top.
Bake in oven about no 6 gas. 1/2 an hour or so. Not done it for a long time, sorry to be vague.

Mmmm.... fancy that recipe the new, revised upndown will try that when I get back from London!

Floyd must be providing good body magic for u - but be careful!

I can`t see any mistakes good day. I have to add a biscuit to mins, 3 syns? I have hidden them now with the other stuff and went out to buy some fruit & veg on the market in the town.

Cat ladies are usually very sweet, but 11 cats, could not imagine that. So kind of them to see to yours for you. Fancy thinking they were asking after you :rolleyes:

HeHe yes the cat ladies are great and best ppl to care for the cat!

Sorry I'm late today, a sad and strange day for me

firstly our neighbours told us today that the doctors are stopping their mother/MiL's chemotherapy treatment as she is too ill to continue, so been with them for a bit. We know their parents - they are a close family and nice ppl.

Then unusually for me on at the weekend - I had a major clean - with last week's bug and Poppy here this week - the house was looking grubby! So cleaned almost all rooms plus washing now just the kitchen, utility and bathroom to do 2moro and then yay I will pack!

Then I thought I'd try on my neglected size 14 pair of jeans - woo-hoo they fitted - I've been wearing size 16 since my Aug hol gain but lately they've been feeling a bit loose - so altho the pounds aren't coming off v fast - seems my shape seems to be improving (a bit!)

Then hubby surprised me by saying he'd bought a lamb joint and he was cooking a Greek lamb recipe for dinner! He works long hours so doesn't often cook. And a surprise cos:

a) we don't always celebrate Valentines Day - b) he's not fond of lamb! c) so I then popped out and bought him some whisky!

Meal was lovely and enough meat and veg for 2moro - so a double pressie!

Here's my food:

b: marmite on toast - heb
l: just fruit (trying to keep things lowish) apple, banana & plums
d: lots of lamb! broccoli, bn squash, cauli, cabbage, gravy syns? ff yogurt
fruit teas, diet lemonade

Think that was a 'heavy' day really cos of the lamb and gravy - but do u think it won't count as I didn't plan or cook it? ;) lolxx

I'll send the recipe 2moro xx

Sorry I'm late today, a sad and strange day for me

firstly our neighbours told us today that the doctors are stopping their mother/MiL's chemotherapy treatment as she is too ill to continue, so been with them for a bit. We know their parents - they are a close family and nice ppl.

Then unusually for me on at the weekend - I had a major clean - with last week's bug and Poppy here this week - the house was looking grubby! So cleaned almost all rooms plus washing now just the kitchen, utility and bathroom to do 2moro and then yay I will pack!

Then I thought I'd try on my neglected size 14 pair of jeans - woo-hoo they fitted - I've been wearing size 16 since my Aug hol gain but lately they've been feeling a bit loose - so altho the pounds aren't coming off v fast - seems my shape seems to be improving (a bit!)

Then hubby surprised me by saying he'd bought a lamb joint and he was cooking a Greek lamb recipe for dinner! He works long hours so doesn't often cook. And a surprise cos:

a) we don't always celebrate Valentines Day - b) he's not fond of lamb! c) so I then popped out and bought him some whisky!

Meal was lovely and enough meat and veg for 2moro - so a double pressie!

Here's my food:

b: marmite on toast - heb
l: just fruit (trying to keep things lowish) apple, banana & plums
d: lots of lamb! broccoli, bn squash, cauli, cabbage, gravy syns? ff yogurt
fruit teas, diet lemonade

Think that was a 'heavy' day really cos of the lamb and gravy - but do u think it won't count as I didn't plan or cook it? ;) lolxx

Sorry to hear about your neighbour xx my mums old neighbour used to be the heart of the community & when she passed away it was so sad.xx

Size 14 well done thats fantastic xx I always measure myself if my losses slow down as for some reason i tend to lose inches instead lol xx

Well i got b**ger all for valentines day although we needed smoke alarms so had a visit off firemen hehe xx Its nice your hubby treated you bless him xx although i aint keen on lamb lol xx

Back