NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Sunday 15th February.

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, 1/2 tin spaghetti and 2 toast.
S: banana x 2
D:2 Sainsbury 1/4 burger.(2 syns) roast corgette, carrot chips, parsnip chips, tomatoes and pepper.
1 Mullerlite yogurt. Melon

TOTAL 2 SYNS.

Forgot the cheese. 4.1/2 syns

TOTAL 6.1/2

Going to take the dog out again. He has been out twice but is very restless.
He gets really long walks usually but he pulls too much, so off to the kids park enclosure to throw some rolled up socks. I am sure there are some street lights on there.

Last edited:
Take care, Doreen. Stay where there're lots of people! xx

Thanks for your concern Kathy. Plenty of lights but no people. Well saw only one. It is so quiet here. Didn`t go to the pork enclosure as there were some lads in there. I wasn`t worried about them, just that the dog would have licked them to death.

We just walked around the big block for 20min. We are off the main road here. Folks only come up here if they live on the estate. Funny enough I felt fine walking about. But again thanks.

Sorry I'm late today, a sad and strange day for me

firstly our neighbours told us today that the doctors are stopping their mother/MiL's chemotherapy treatment as she is too ill to continue, so been with them for a bit. We know their parents - they are a close family and nice ppl.

Then unusually for me on at the weekend - I had a major clean - with last week's bug and Poppy here this week - the house was looking grubby! So cleaned almost all rooms plus washing now just the kitchen, utility and bathroom to do 2moro and then yay I will pack!

Then I thought I'd try on my neglected size 14 pair of jeans - woo-hoo they fitted - I've been wearing size 16 since my Aug hol gain but lately they've been feeling a bit loose - so altho the pounds aren't coming off v fast - seems my shape seems to be improving (a bit!)

Then hubby surprised me by saying he'd bought a lamb joint and he was cooking a Greek lamb recipe for dinner! He works long hours so doesn't often cook. And a surprise cos:

a) we don't always celebrate Valentines Day - b) he's not fond of lamb! c) so I then popped out and bought him some whisky!

Meal was lovely and enough meat and veg for 2moro - so a double pressie!

Here's my food:

b: marmite on toast - heb
l: just fruit (trying to keep things lowish) apple, banana & plums
d: lots of lamb! broccoli, bn squash, cauli, cabbage, gravy syns? ff yogurt
fruit teas, diet lemonade

Think that was a 'heavy' day really cos of the lamb and gravy - but do u think it won't count as I didn't plan or cook it? ;) lolxx

I've only just caught up with this. How sad and difficult for your neighbours but understand that sometimes, although that is a hard decision, there comes a time when more treatment isn't the way to go. Its nice that you spent some time with them and it probably helped them talking it over.

It does feel good once we've done a thorough clean through, doesn't it and I often find myself doing it just before a trip away for some reason, I like to know its not going to need doing the minute I come home. When do you actually leave for London and how long for, sorry if you've said, if you have its fallen out of one of the many holes in my brain! :rolleyes:

Woohoo to the jeans.... seems we've both had that success this week, I actually wore my 'old' black jeans OUT this week, even though I felt a bit self conscious at first. I did have a silly little grin on my face when I caught myself in a mirror in Debenhams.... it still catches me by surprise because I still think of myself as pretty big and almost don't recognise myself sometimes. lol.
Wish I'd been there for the lamb, no one else here likes it, so I rarely get to eat it, unless I'm out and there are lamb shanks on the menu, yummy.
I don't think it was a particularly 'heavy' day really, unless it was fatty? Unless there was anything else later, the only syns were in the gravy and wouldn't have been that much surely?

Keep going, the more on light and on plan days you have before you go, the less you'll be worried about going a little 'off' plan in London. xx

I've only just caught up with this. How sad and difficult for your neighbours but understand that sometimes, although that is a hard decision, there comes a time when more treatment isn't the way to go. Its nice that you spent some time with them and it probably helped them talking it over.

It does feel good once we've done a thorough clean through, doesn't it and I often find myself doing it just before a trip away for some reason, I like to know its not going to need doing the minute I come home. When do you actually leave for London and how long for, sorry if you've said, if you have its fallen out of one of the many holes in my brain! :rolleyes:

Woohoo to the jeans.... seems we've both had that success this week, I actually wore my 'old' black jeans OUT this week, even though I felt a bit self conscious at first. I did have a silly little grin on my face when I caught myself in a mirror in Debenhams.... it still catches me by surprise because I still think of myself as pretty big and almost don't recognise myself sometimes. lol.
Wish I'd been there for the lamb, no one else here likes it, so I rarely get to eat it, unless I'm out and there are lamb shanks on the menu, yummy.
I don't think it was a particularly 'heavy' day really, unless it was fatty? Unless there was anything else later, the only syns were in the gravy and wouldn't have been that much surely?

Keep going, the more on light and on plan days you have before you go, the less you'll be worried about going a little 'off' plan in London. xx

Glad u can wear ur old black jeans - great feeling even if our weight loss is slowing down. u wd have ben v welcome to share the lamb - hubby not keen so didn't have much know Doreen likes lamb so u cd have travelled together! Not sure if kathy's keen on it but plenty for her and and other Minis lamb lovers!

Yes I'm afraid I did eat some of the crispy fat so quite a few syns!

Thanks for your concern Kathy. Plenty of lights but no people. Well saw only one. It is so quiet here. Didn`t go to the pork enclosure as there were some lads in there. I wasn`t worried about them, just that the dog would have licked them to death.

We just walked around the big block for 20min. We are off the main road here. Folks only come up here if they live on the estate. Funny enough I felt fine walking about. But again thanks.

Hee hee on the licking to death! Ur getting plenty of body magic with the dog Doreen - I hope ur arms are still in their sockets with all the puuling on the lead!

I'll send the recipe 2moro xx

Actually hope it's ok to send the recipe when we get back from London - not stopped today but don't ask me what I've achieved!

Sunday 15th February.

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

D:2 Sainsbury 1/4 burger.(2 syns) roast corgette, carrot chips, parsnip chips, tomatoes and pepper.

TOTAL 2 SYNS.

TOTAL 6.1/2

Going to take the dog out again. He has been out twice but is very restless.
He gets really long walks usually but he pulls too much, so off to the kids park enclosure to throw some rolled up socks. I am sure there are some street lights on there.

Another good food day in the bag plus more body magic - looks like ur all set to have another loss this week! Well done! xx

well I managed another lowish day apart from the fatty bits of lamb! Also did an exercise workout - hoping I won't go bonkers whilst we're away. Here's how the food went:

b: 3 plums and an apple
l: carrot soup, corn on the cob - no butter tho!
d: lamb syns? gravy syns? asparagus (on special offer), cauli, cabbage, satsuma
snacks: cherry toms, cucumber
drinks: fruit tea, diet lemonade, water - quite a bit!

Hope u all have a good week xx

Sorry I'm late today, a sad and strange day for me

firstly our neighbours told us today that the doctors are stopping their mother/MiL's chemotherapy treatment as she is too ill to continue, so been with them for a bit. We know their parents - they are a close family and nice ppl.

Then unusually for me on at the weekend - I had a major clean - with last week's bug and Poppy here this week - the house was looking grubby! So cleaned almost all rooms plus washing now just the kitchen, utility and bathroom to do 2moro and then yay I will pack!

Then I thought I'd try on my neglected size 14 pair of jeans - woo-hoo they fitted - I've been wearing size 16 since my Aug hol gain but lately they've been feeling a bit loose - so altho the pounds aren't coming off v fast - seems my shape seems to be improving (a bit!)

Then hubby surprised me by saying he'd bought a lamb joint and he was cooking a Greek lamb recipe for dinner! He works long hours so doesn't often cook. And a surprise cos:

a) we don't always celebrate Valentines Day - b) he's not fond of lamb! c) so I then popped out and bought him some whisky!

Meal was lovely and enough meat and veg for 2moro - so a double pressie!

Here's my food:

b: marmite on toast - heb
l: just fruit (trying to keep things lowish) apple, banana & plums
d: lots of lamb! broccoli, bn squash, cauli, cabbage, gravy syns? ff yogurt
fruit teas, diet lemonade

Think that was a 'heavy' day really cos of the lamb and gravy - but do u think it won't count as I didn't plan or cook it? ;) lolxx

Sorry to hear your neighbour's sad news, Linda. It's always such a dreadful thing to go through but I imagine they were appreciative to have you to talk to.

Brilliant news about the jeans! It's such an encouraging feeling, to know things are heading in the right direction. Also, lucky you, to have dinner cooked for you! Always seems to taste better when someone else has cooked it too! :) xx

Linda - I reckon that was a good day, yes you may have had a few syns in the fatty lamb but the rest was great and low. Keep at it tomorrow.... well up until you leave for London.... and that will keep you on track. I don't think you'll go bonkers (not foodwise anyway, hehe) as you've worked so hard lately. If you can do some meals on plan, you can afford a few extras at special meals and a few extra syns on treats when out and about. xx

Have just messaged Serena to see if she's ok. Hopefully, she won't mind me getting in touch with her. As someone else said, maybe she's just been busy with her new job. :)

Linda - I reckon that was a good day, yes you may have had a few syns in the fatty lamb but the rest was great and low. Keep at it tomorrow.... well up until you leave for London.... and that will keep you on track. I don't think you'll go bonkers (not foodwise anyway, hehe) as you've worked so hard lately. If you can do some meals on plan, you can afford a few extras at special meals and a few extra syns on treats when out and about. xx

Thx - leaving at 9 and it's a 4 hour journey - hope I can resist the snack trolley! xx

Sorry to hear your neighbour's sad news, Linda. It's always such a dreadful thing to go through but I imagine they were appreciative to have you to talk to.

Brilliant news about the jeans! It's such an encouraging feeling, to know things are heading in the right direction. Also, lucky you, to have dinner cooked for you! Always seems to taste better when someone else has cooked it too! :) xx

Thx Kathy - yes it was a lovely meal - all the beter for having it cooked for me - hubby is a good cook but works long hours and travels a fair bit too so he doesn't get much opportunity! xx

Hi ladies hope ur all well. Ive been awol and im sorry. Think this weeks half term is well needed hopefully i sort myself out again and be back in the zone. Im like a kid myself sometimes i need leading by the hand in all i do. Lucky i have my mins family around.
Have a good day or 3 (upndown) xx

Hi ladies hope ur all well. Ive been awol and im sorry. Think this weeks half term is well needed hopefully i sort myself out again and be back in the zone. Im like a kid myself sometimes i need leading by the hand in all i do. Lucky i have my mins family around.
Have a good day or 3 (upndown) xx

Your mins friends will always be here. No need to apologise Bubble. I think we all need leading sometimes. I know I do.

This is now Monday. Last night I had 3 ham sarnis. Bread was not in the freezer which makes it all the easier to just grab it. SO plus 15syns for bread, ham free, salad cream 3.

Sunday 15th February. BAD BAD

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

TOTAL 2 SYNS.

TOTAL 6.1/2 +++++ 18syns. 24.1\2

What did you say Cloudy - mind the cheese :) I have put what is left of the bread in the freezer. I don`t know why I did it, after the first one decided it was so nice I had some more.
Although I live on my own, it is a bit differrnt being notin my own house.

I have spent some time today hoovering downstairs and upstairs. Bent down to pick up every piece of paper the dog as half eaten. Cleaned the inside of the oven door too. Tomorrow I am going to clean the sofa, both of them and wash the floors downstairs. If the weather ok, I might have a potter in the garden.

One thing I am definitely do is shower the dog; Now that should be fun. While I am now sitting and watching some tv drinking my coffee I will think on other jobs.

I did take the dog out this morning but that is more exercise for the arms really. As he pulls so much I am still going to the kids park and throwing the balled up socks. [[[may have said that before}}}

Have a good day all and 3 for you Upndown as Bubble said

Sounds like you've been very busy, Doreen! You'll probably be asked to dog-sit more often if that's the type of service you provide!! :D

Glad to hear you've put your feet up for a while too. :) xx

This is now Monday. Last night I had 3 ham sarnis. Bread was not in the freezer which makes it all the easier to just grab it. SO plus 15syns for bread, ham free, salad cream 3.

Sunday 15th February. BAD BAD

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

TOTAL 2 SYNS.

TOTAL 6.1/2 +++++ 18syns. 24.1\2

What did you say Cloudy - mind the cheese :) I have put what is left of the bread in the freezer. I don`t know why I did it, after the first one decided it was so nice I had some more.
Although I live on my own, it is a bit differrnt being notin my own house.

Ooops, its so easy to do it though and like you say, we can't explain *why* when we know we'll regret it afterwards and all the time we're eating, we know we shouldn't be having those things but the food monster raises its head and off we go, ignoring the 'sensible' voice and pushing it to the back of our minds until its too late. I can imagine it is harder as you're away at the moment and on your own, apart from the dog. The rest of your food was fine and at least you've totted up the syns and know the 'damage'.

I have spent some time today hoovering downstairs and upstairs. Bent down to pick up every piece of paper the dog as half eaten. Cleaned the inside of the oven door too. Tomorrow I am going to clean the sofa, both of them and wash the floors downstairs. If the weather ok, I might have a potter in the garden.

One thing I am definitely do is shower the dog; Now that should be fun. While I am now sitting and watching some tv drinking my coffee I will think on other jobs.

I did take the dog out this morning but that is more exercise for the arms really. As he pulls so much I am still going to the kids park and throwing the balled up socks. [[[may have said that before}}}

Have a good day all and 3 for you Upndown as Bubble said

Gosh, you have lots of jobs planned.... you're as bad as me when I go to my daughters house, I end up cleaning, even though she tries to keep up with it, with a four year old and his friends often in the house, things get missed. I don't know about there but the forecast is sunny for here tomorrow, though we have friends coming over, so not sure if we'll get out and about in it, maybe a walk in the afternoon with the babies in their buggies :)
I hope YOU don't get too soaked when you shower the dog lol, it often happens! It does sound quite hard on you taking the dog out, if he pulls a lot, I don't know that I could do that, I have enough trouble with my shoulders as it is, do take care! xx

Back