NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi ladies hope ur all well. Ive been awol and im sorry. Think this weeks half term is well needed hopefully i sort myself out again and be back in the zone. Im like a kid myself sometimes i need leading by the hand in all i do. Lucky i have my mins family around.
Have a good day or 3 (upndown) xx

Think we shd all agree never to apologise ladies - as we've all said that we're for one another and happy with whatever anyone posts or doesn't post!? We're lucky to have u too Bubblexx

This is now Monday. Last night I had 3 ham sarnis. Bread was not in the freezer which makes it all the easier to just grab it. SO plus 15syns for bread, ham free, salad cream 3.

Sunday 15th February. BAD BAD

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, 1/2 tin spaghetti and 2 toast.
S: banana x 2
D:2 Sainsbury 1/4 burger.(2 syns) roast corgette, carrot chips, parsnip chips, tomatoes and pepper.
1 Mullerlite yogurt. Melon

TOTAL 2 SYNS.

Forgot the cheese. 4.1/2 syns

TOTAL 6.1/2 +++++ 18syns. 24.1\2

What did you say Cloudy - mind the cheese :) I have put what is left of the bread in the freezer. I don`t know why I did it, after the first one decided it was so nice I had some more.
Although I live on my own, it is a bit differrnt being notin my own house.

Your turn for the line so here it is ____________________ only a short one cos u were still in control cos u were counting syns! But it stretches lots longer if u need a longer one - isn't he a clever line!

Yes I too can convince myself that no food contains syns if we eat it in other ppl's houses!

I have spent some time today hoovering downstairs and upstairs. Bent down to pick up every piece of paper the dog as half eaten. Cleaned the inside of the oven door too. Tomorrow I am going to clean the sofa, both of them and wash the floors downstairs. If the weather ok, I might have a potter in the garden.

One thing I am definitely do is shower the dog; Now that should be fun. While I am now sitting and watching some tv drinking my coffee I will think on other jobs.

I did take the dog out this morning but that is more exercise for the arms really. As he pulls so much I am still going to the kids park and throwing the balled up socks. [[[may have said that before}}}

Have a good day all and 3 for you Upndown as Bubble said

Flipping heck Doreen - I'm putting u forward for Mother/Mother in Law of the year! Plus all that work will create some body magic too - so everyone gains :) !!

Love the balled up socks! Perhaps I shd get a dog to banish my bingo wings?!

Yes day 1 went v well ;) thank u xx

Well I'm in bed posting this - we've had a lovely day - been to a couple of museums, watched the world go by, a tiny bit of window shopping and lunch/dinner out - lots of walking too!

I don't I think I told u - cos I bought train tickets ages ago I managed to get the journey to London first class cheaper than the return journey 2nd class!! So a lovely journey down but loads of free food (unfortunately not SW free tho'!) so while hubby had sausage tastie and croissant for b'fast - angelic me had fruit salad! Then he went on to have danish pastries and other bits for snacks - I had my ff yog and an apple from home!

Went for a coffee when we arrived in London - hubby had a lovely looking sandwich with his for lunch - nothing SW friendly available and I couldn't face more fruit so I had the lowest thing there - some wafer biscuits - syns? plus fruit from my stash!

For dinner I had chicken wrapped in bacon - maybe hidden syns? then a chocolate ice cream sundae - def syns! Drank loads of water today, plus did a 30 min workout at home this morning.

I cd have been better but cd have done a lot more damage too - will try to have a good SW b'fast 2moro - then eat light at lunch and have a nice main but no pud 2moro at dinner - perhaps a freddo to keep me on track!

Hope ur all well and have an on plan day 2moro! will post when I can xx

Wow Linda, you did VERY well! I admire your resistance on the train and after. Ok so you had a pud but your main was probably fine. I think you made great choices.
Have another great day today xx

Wow Linda, you did VERY well! I admire your resistance on the train and after. Ok so you had a pud but your main was probably fine. I think you made great choices.
Have another great day today xx

thx - will do my best! xx

Another wow for you Linda. You did so well on that train. Good for you
Sounds like you had a good time.

Food for Monday

Monday 16th February

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B:2 toast, 2 eggs, toms & mushroom
L: 1 chicken thigh and roasted veg as below.
D: 2 sainsbury burgers,(2 syns) lots of roasted veg. courgette
toms onions mush carrot turnip
frozen fruit yogurt 2 pears

1 ham sarni (5 syns

Not feeling too happy at the moment. Partly food and partly I am bored. Also let the dog out the back for a while and unbeknown to me he was digging and run in the house with muddy feet, (the door is off the front room not got one in thr kitchen into the garden) Big sliding muddy prints on teh stripy carpet that has white in it. What a pain. I well let it dry, maybe some of it will hoover up. Only hoovered could of hrs ago.

He has been a pain, if only he would walk properly on the lead, it hurts my knees a bit too. I am afraid they will either have to train him or get somebody to take him for walks in future.

Anyway moan over :cry: yes and the tears of frustration. Ratbag that he is.

Anyway, gonna have a coffee whilst footprints are drying off - with the door open. brrrr
Had a good food day, don`t reckon I will weigh until Friday. A bit further to go but gives me 3 days before weighin - incl today.

Have a good rest of the day all. xx I will come back tomorrow.

Wow, Linda! You're a veritable saint!! :O How controlled of you!

Sounds like you're having a fab time and hope you continue to do so. Lovely and sunny here is Staffordshire so really hope it's the same for you, down in The Smoke. :) Love London. I moved from Cheshire down to Croydon, when I was eighteen. Stayed for about twelve years and, now I'm back in the North, I can't believe we only went into London when relatives came to stay! What a waste!

And, as for these who go on about the North/South divide (mainly Pete's mother), I can honestly say, I adored living down there and my absolute closest friend is from Croydon. Think my MIL is harking back to the days when there was lots of back to back housing in the mill towns of the North, when people were probably more sociable, as they lived in closely knit communities and rarely moved more than a few miles away. As Pete says to his mum, when she's driving him mad with her constant moaning about Southerners (there's a friendly Northerner for you!) - it's not like in Crocodile Dundee where you walk through a city saying 'G'Day' to all and sundry! He's always telling her it's the same in Northern cities too. By the time she starts moaning, whilst watching the weather forecast and she's discovered the South is getting better weather than us - 'I might have known! They get everything better than us. As long as they're alright!' - he knows it's time to give up!! :D

Anyway, after all that, have a brilliant time, Linda! :) xx

Not feeling too happy at the moment. Partly food and partly I am bored. Also let the dog out the back for a while and unbeknown to me he was digging and run in the house with muddy feet, (the door is off the front room not got one in thr kitchen into the garden) Big sliding muddy prints on teh stripy carpet that has white in it. What a pain. I well let it dry, maybe some of it will hoover up. Only hoovered could of hrs ago.

He has been a pain, if only he would walk properly on the lead, it hurts my knees a bit too. I am afraid they will either have to train him or get somebody to take him for walks in future.

Anyway, gonna have a coffee whilst footprints are drying off - with the door open. brrrr
Had a good food day, don`t reckon I will weigh until Friday. A bit further to go but gives me 3 days before weighin - incl today.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Doreen. What a pain! Not good that he's pulling you, when out for walkies either! :( As you say, maybe they will have to ask someone else to dog-sit in future.

Sounds like your boredom isn't getting in the way of you being good food-wise though. Well done! Hope you find something to do to ease your boredom. Have you got a good book or a film you can watch? xx

Another wow for you Linda. You did so well on that train. Good for you
Sounds like you had a good time.

Food for Monday

Monday 16th February

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B:2 toast, 2 eggs, toms & mushroom
L: 1 chicken thigh and roasted veg as below.
D: 2 sainsbury burgers,(2 syns) lots of roasted veg. courgette
toms onions mush carrot turnip
frozen fruit yogurt 2 pears

1 ham sarni (5 syns

A great day Doreen - nice food choices too - another loss this week I reckon xx

Oh Doreen what a pain that doggy is ! Give him a good talking too I say then threaten him with one from me if things don't inprove! Have u been to the cinema yet - anything else tondo around there?

Hope that carpet comes clean too! Hope u have a better evening xxx

Wow, Linda! You're a veritable saint!! :O How controlled of you!

Sounds like you're having a fab time and hope you continue to do so. Lovely and sunny here is Staffordshire so really hope it's the same for you, down in The Smoke. :) Love London. I moved from Cheshire down to Croydon, when I was eighteen. Stayed for about twelve years and, now I'm back in the North, I can't believe we only went into London when relatives came to stay! What a waste!

And, as for these who go on about the North/South divide (mainly Pete's mother), I can honestly say, I adored living down there and my absolute closest friend is from Croydon. Think my MIL is harking back to the days when there was lots of back to back housing in the mill towns of the North, when people were probably more sociable, as they lived in closely knit communities and rarely moved more than a few miles away. As Pete says to his mum, when she's driving him mad with her constant moaning about Southerners (there's a friendly Northerner for you!) - it's not like in Crocodile Dundee where you walk through a city saying 'G'Day' to all and sundry! He's always telling her it's the same in Northern cities too. By the time she starts moaning, whilst watching the weather forecast and she's discovered the South is getting better weather than us - 'I might have known! They get everything better than us. As long as they're alright!' - he knows it's time to give up!! :D

Anyway, after all that, have a brilliant time, Linda! :) xx

Thx Kathy! Hope ur enjoying half term too.

Gosh ur MiL has it in 4 southerners hasn't she? Wherever we go we find ppl are the same all over - most are fine with the odd 'odd' ones!

Yes we're having lots of fun plus chilling time here! So much to do but so little time to do it all!

Never quite sure where my willpower comes from when I'm on plan or where it goes when I'm eating all & sundry :) xx

Hi All - lots of walking today - blue skies, dry and pleasant - went to the embankment area - both sides of the river, then the science museum, then strolling around S kensington then the high street - lunch in a lovely cafe and an early dinner - going to chill and have a drink at the hotel now.

Food ok - but never know if there's hidden syns in restaurant food:

b: 2 rashers bacon, ketchup 1 syn? fruit salad
l: half a chicken salad wholemeal tortilla - ? heb plus ? syns? grapes
d: lasagne syns? salad
choc 8.5 syns
fruit teas, 1 coffee part hea, det drinks, water
body magic - we walked miles!

Not perfect but cd have been a lot worse! Hope everyone has an on plan day 2moro and Doreen feels brighter xx

Hi All - lots of walking today - blue skies, dry and pleasant - went to the embankment area - both sides of the river, then the science museum, then strolling around S kensington then the high street - lunch in a lovely cafe and an early dinner - going to chill and have a drink at the hotel now.

choc 8.5 syns

Not perfect but cd have been a lot worse! Hope everyone has an on plan day 2moro and Doreen feels brighter xx

What a lovely day. I love the embankment. Enjoy rest of your stay Linda.

Oh Doreen what a pain that doggy is ! Give him a good talking too I say then threaten him with one from me if things don't inprove! Have u been to the cinema yet - anything else tondo around there?

Hope that carpet comes clean too! Hope u have a better evening xxx

Have hoovered the carpet and it looks better. I have had 2 not so good days and weight is up at the moment,.
Didn`t go to the cinema as I have been told film not very good.
I think my main problem is I am tired, Dog got me up in the night to go out, very unusual, so had a coffee and watched a bit of tv, had only been back to bed a short time when my dear brother sent everybody a text about us having a weekend away. The time was 6.45am. Was awake another hour or so when he rang me. Grrrr I hang up on him and turned my phone to silent. 6 missed called and 4 messages later I gt up.

Early night, I am sure I will feel better tomorrow.

Really hope you do, Doreen. Horrible when you don't get a good nights sleep! Let's hope the naughty doggy behaves himself tonight too! :) xx

Sounds like you're having a lovely time, Linda. Glad the sun was shining for you. Makes everything look so much better, doesn't it? Hope the rest of your stay goes slowly and you continue to enjoy yourself. xx

Have hoovered the carpet and it looks better. I have had 2 not so good days and weight is up at the moment,.
Didn`t go to the cinema as I have been told film not very good.
I think my main problem is I am tired, Dog got me up in the night to go out, very unusual, so had a coffee and watched a bit of tv, had only been back to bed a short time when my dear brother sent everybody a text about us having a weekend away. The time was 6.45am. Was awake another hour or so when he rang me. Grrrr I hang up on him and turned my phone to silent. 6 missed called and 4 messages later I gt up.

Early night, I am sure I will feel better tomorrow.

I think being out of ur routine, feeling tired and feeling bored makes things more difficult to control food - but u don't seem to have been too bad to me?

Glad the carpet looks better. I don't fancy that film either!

Fancy ur brother ringing so many times - mind u one of my sister does exactly the same - annnoying isn't it? But do u fancy a weekend away with him? Enjoy ur early night xx

Sounds like you're having a lovely time, Linda. Glad the sun was shining for you. Makes everything look so much better, doesn't it? Hope the rest of your stay goes slowly and you continue to enjoy yourself. xx

Thank u Kathy xx

choc 8.5 syns

I went for a walk too with my kids & hubby x was up to woods then to whats called Boston Castle where we got a spectacular view of Sheffield & Rotherham x we all enjoyed it

I went for a walk too with my kids & hubby x was up to woods then to whats called Boston Castle where we got a spectacular view of Sheffield & Rotherham x we all enjoyed it

Great to get out - good for the children and body magic for u!xx

Back