NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Morning Linda, hope the sun is shining for you again today. It is lovely here though of course still cold. Just been looking back and see that you got your outward bound tickets cheaper for 1st class than 2nd back. Well done. Great when that happens.
I wonder what you are going to be up to today. Whatever it is enjoy it.

I am feeling much better today. Good sleep last night, no disturbances. Not weighed today, I am going to go to Saffron Walden Friday. As was said the change of routine has not really helped. But have almost counteracted the 2 bad days. Should be ok for Friday. There is still the other pkt of tuc type biscuits in the cupboard and they call me all the time. They are still there and kids are home around midnight tomorrow. I can leave them till then.

The weekend my brother was talking about originally was for the whole family, but he is now telling me he is going to Norfolk near my sister for a week and is suggesting I go with him :eek: Must be babysitting when that comes up.

Gonna take the dog out now then come back and sort my bits out. I am untidy.
Here is my food for yesterday.

Tuesday 17th February

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: eggs mushroom & tomatoes
S: pear & banana
L: BNS/red pepper soup.
D: chicken chasseur with pepper, onion, mushrooms
(2.1/2syns) boiled rice with broccoli.
2 pears

Syns 2.1/2

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're feeling brighter, Doreen and that you slept better - always a good thing! You're not fancying a week in Norfolk then, or is it a week with your brother and SIL you can't quite hack? :D Hope you enjoyed your walk in the sunshine (lovely here too again) and that the dog didn't pull you around too much.

Hope Linda has another lovely day too, down in London.

Still no sign of Serena, even after I PM'd her. Hope she's ok. :S xx

This particular brother lives with his son & DIL. I would love to spent time with my sister, but not in a cottage on my own with my pain in the ass brother. I do love him though

Wednesday 18th February

hexa milk. hexb 1 seed sensations800g loaf found in the freezer. Luvverly

B: 1 h/e bread + another slice (5 syns) another 2 eggs spaghetti.

L: bns/red pepper soup 1 bread (5syns)

D: Chicken Chasseur as Yesterday (2.1/2 syns) Boiled rice with cauliflower
4 Plums. Maybe some pineapple if peckish later.

TOTAL SYNS 12.1/2

Did some washing Tink nearly dry. Luckily I took it in when I saw the dark clouds.

I am reposting my food for yesterday Bad

Wednesday 18th February

hexa milk. hexb 1 seed sensations.

TOTAL SYNS 12.1/2
A ham sarni 10syns
total 22.1/2

I so want to go home. Family will land at 10.10pm. Suppose they will get home after midnight.

They have asked me to stay until Sat as Faye has a dancing competition on Friday in Richmond.. A long way from here. Hope she sleeps either on the plane from Egypt or overnight and on way to Richmond. Flynn may stay with me he may go with them. Anyway I will have the dog one more day.

I am so out of routine I can only think of foodl, that is why I want to go home. There is not anything really to do here, at least at home I have friends to meet and coffee times with others.

Morning Linda, hope the sun is shining for you again today. It is lovely here though of course still cold. Just been looking back and see that you got your outward bound tickets cheaper for 1st class than 2nd back. Well done. Great when that happens.
I wonder what you are going to be up to today. Whatever it is enjoy it.

Thx Doreen - I love a bargain - hubby teases me that I'm a skinflint! We lost internet connection at hotel yesterday (weds) so cdn't post - the day day was bright but pretty cold.

We went to Camden/Chalk Farm the for a long walk round Regents Park. Lots more walking!

Had similar types of meals yest as previous days but I had cake with a cuppa then dessert after dinner Mmmm... nice profiteroles but only 3 small ones served with no cream or choc sauce so a bit disappointing until I realised that wd equal less syns! Not that it wd have made much difference after eating cake earlier!!xx

I am feeling much better today. Good sleep last night, no disturbances. Not weighed today, I am going to go to Saffron Walden Friday. As was said the change of routine has not really helped. But have almost counteracted the 2 bad days. Should be ok for Friday. There is still the other pkt of tuc type biscuits in the cupboard and they call me all the time. They are still there and kids are home around midnight tomorrow. I can leave them till then.

The weekend my brother was talking about originally was for the whole family, but he is now telling me he is going to Norfolk near my sister for a week and is suggesting I go with him :eek: Must be babysitting when that comes up.

Gonna take the dog out now then come back and sort my bits out. I am untidy.
Here is my food for yesterday.

Tuesday 17th February

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: eggs mushroom & tomatoes
S: pear & banana
L: BNS/red pepper soup.
D: chicken chasseur with pepper, onion, mushrooms
(2.1/2syns) boiled rice with broccoli.
2 pears

Syns 2.1/2

That's a very low day indeed Doreen - well done! Glad ur feeling better too - sounds like u need to duck ou of the Norfolk break - just as I wd with my sisters I'm afraid ;)!

Glad to hear you're feeling brighter, Doreen and that you slept better - always a good thing! You're not fancying a week in Norfolk then, or is it a week with your brother and SIL you can't quite hack? :D Hope you enjoyed your walk in the sunshine (lovely here too again) and that the dog didn't pull you around too much.

Hope Linda has another lovely day too, down in London.

Still no sign of Serena, even after I PM'd her. Hope she's ok. :S xx

Yes we've had a good time feel relaxed & refreshed now! Let's hope all's well with Serena xx

I so want to go home. Family will land at 10.10pm. Suppose they will get home after midnight.

They have asked me to stay until Sat as Faye has a dancing competition on Friday in Richmond.. A long way from here. Hope she sleeps either on the plane from Egypt or overnight and on way to Richmond. Flynn may stay with me he may go with them. Anyway I will have the dog one more day.

I am so out of routine I can only think of foodl, that is why I want to go home. There is not anything really to do here, at least at home I have friends to meet and coffee times with others.

Yes I can imagine it's tough bring there on ur own with ur naughty little friend, when time passes slowly with little to do I think lots of us wd turn to food. I hope Flynn stays with u on dance day - nice company and some fun too!xx

Oh no, Doreen. Just when you thought the end was in sight too. :( Let's hope Flynn stays with you to keep you company. There's nowhere quite like home, is there? Won't be long now. Just hope you don't get totally derailed with your eating plan, after you've been doing so well. Bet your friends will be glad to have you back! Hope those Tuc crackers are still intact! :D Thinking of you. xx

Did some washing Tink nearly dry. Luckily I took it in when I saw the dark clouds.

I am reposting my food for yesterday Bad

Wednesday 18th February

hexa milk. hexb 1 seed sensations.

TOTAL SYNS 12.1/2
A ham sarni 10syns
total 22.1/2

That'll be the boredom Doreen - draw the lne if u can xx

Great minds think alike, Linda! We must have both posted to Doreen simultaneously! :) Sounds like you've been very disciplined whilst in London. Much better than I would have been. Don't think you'll have done much damage. Enjoy the rest of your time there. When are you back? xx

Thursday 19 Feb - Back home now - a good break with brilliant train journeys both ways - here's my food for the day:

b: bacon, bread heb, ketchup 1 syn, fruit salad, ff yog, THEN croissant and butter!
snack: on train - choc - lots of syns I reckon, cake at home
d: spaghetti on toast - 6 syns as I've had my heb and perhaps there'll be more cake later!
drinks: water, fruit tea,

Well advice ladies - my WI is usually Friday as u may know but for this week - wd it be a huge cheat to change my WI to Tuesday when I rejoin SW class next week? Answers on a postcard pls!xx

Great minds think alike, Linda! We must have both posted to Doreen simultaneously! :) Sounds like you've been very disciplined whilst in London. Much better than I would have been. Don't think you'll have done much damage. Enjoy the rest of your time there. When are you back? xx

Thx Kathy - I've been true to my sign in name during our break - up and down as you'll see in my food post!! I hope u've had a lovely half term week?xx

Last edited:
Thx Doreen - I love a bargain - hubby teases me that I'm a skinflint! We lost internet connection at hotel yesterday (weds) so cdn't post - the day day was bright but pretty cold.

We went to Camden/Chalk Farm the for a long walk round Regents Park. Lots more walking!

Had similar types of meals yest as previous days but I had cake with a cuppa then dessert after dinner Mmmm... nice profiteroles but only 3 small ones served with no cream or choc sauce so a bit disappointing until I realised that wd equal less syns! Not that it wd have made much difference after eating cake earlier!!xx

Bargains, can`t beat them Glad you have been enjoying yourselves.
I used to live at Tufnell Park which is not farm from Camden and Chalk Farm. New the area really well.

I asked a friend/neighbour to check my house and to see to my Planner on Sky. He sorted it lovely for me. Unfortunately some of the programmes had not recorded due to a cut in power. Unfortunately the downstairs sockets had "tripped" . Of course that included my fridge/freezer. He has emptied it out for me and put it all in recycling bags into the recycling bin.

All the chips etc for the children. Chicken and mincemeat and a couple of frozen meals. Frozen veggies - cannot remember what else was in there. At least he has cleared it all out for me.

Thanks goodness the family land in 2 hours.

Bargains, can`t beat them Glad you have been enjoying yourselves.
I used to live at Tufnell Park which is not farm from Camden and Chalk Farm. New the area really well.

I asked a friend/neighbour to check my house and to see to my Planner on Sky. He sorted it lovely for me. Unfortunately some of the programmes had not recorded due to a cut in power. Unfortunately the downstairs sockets had "tripped" . Of course that included my fridge/freezer. He has emptied it out for me and put it all in recycling bags into the recycling bin.

All the chips etc for the children. Chicken and mincemeat and a couple of frozen meals. Frozen veggies - cannot remember what else was in there. At least he has cleared it all out for me.

Thanks goodness the family land in 2 hours.

Oh what a waste throwing that food away - what a nuisance and a waste of money too, kind of your friend to clear it all out for you. Glad the family will be back soon - bet they'll be tired and you'll be chuffed to have them back and hand the lead and the rolled up socks back!!

Yes we love London - like going to Camden/Chalk Farm area - interesting. Of course, London is so different to the sticks where we live - it takes us a few hours to get used to the traffic etc!!xx

Glad you got back safely, Linda, after, what sounds like, a lovely few days. Yes, thanks, I'm enjoying my half term week. Not done much but that's been nice in itself!

Sorry to hear about the freezer trauma, Doreen. Can you not claim something on your house insurance or wasn't there enough food in there to make it worthwhile? Glad the family's back later. :) xx

Back